Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856258 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
No! Unless you have a German/Shenghen visa. Your Canadian visa only gives you the privilege to transit. Therefore, without the German/Shenghen visa, you can't leave the airport.
millie0:

I'm asking if I can fly to Germany and stay there for 14 days, before moving to Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Bro

Abeg email me

Chris182:
Flight from Ghana to Toronto cost like crazy, e no easy at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:
So I just left wakanow ticketing office and they said they received a memo from their head office stating that study visa is not affected. But they told me it's only airlines that can give the actual type of visas that are affected or not. As such they're waiting for further information from the airlines plus people are supposed to fly tonight, that if the airlines allow people with study visa to board, we might have a chance.

I'm heading to Lufthansa and KLM office now if I can get direct info from them.
Please keep us posted. God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sammychi90: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
millie0:

I'm asking if I can fly to Germany and stay there for 14 days, before moving to Canada.

I think it’s possible the issue here is not about Nigerian passport but it’s about flight from Nigeria.

What I heard from the news yesterday was that if like a Nigerian travel to UK / other country he will obey the quarantine rules in that country and when the traveller leave the country again he will do the test before leaving the country means the traveller is free from the omicron variant and can be allowed to Canada but have to quarantine there again.

But any country you plan to spend the 14days you must have visa for the country.

And like I read earlier you can travel to mexico with Canada visa if you staying less than 30days. That’s another option you don’t need visa apart from the Canada visa you have.

And turkey evisa also is another option

So leaving from other country it’s possible Nigerian passport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:
So I just left wakanow ticketing office and they said they received a memo from their head office stating that study visa is not affected. But they told me it's only airlines that can give the actual type of visas that are affected or not. As such they're waiting for further information from the airlines plus people are supposed to fly tonight, that if the airlines allow people with study visa to board, we might have a chance.

Really..please keep us posted

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chris182: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
I don comot hand for Ghana matter, looking for other options
Foski01:
Bro

Abeg email me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello make we talk... I'm in on this plan.

Jojorito007:

I’m scheduled to fly tomorrow through klm but with this ban on Nigeria ‘ the only alternative is to go from Ghana but I will have to be there for @least 14 days before I’ll be qualified to travel to Canada. I think I am really considering this option. The downside is that no one knows what will happen in next 14days to Ghana also .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by msttolusola(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good evening
Pls with this results 3.25/5.00 cgpa ,can I do msc straight in canada ,if yes can you please list the name of the universities
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 5:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
msttolusola:
Good evening
Pls with this results 3.25/5.00 cgpa ,can I do msc in canada

A 2.1 has chances of getting admitted but with a 2.2, it is very unlikely to meet the admission requirements for a masters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by msttolusola(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
Anon123:

2.1?
no 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sholay2011(m): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Please confirm with KLM and update us. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2021
msttolusola:
no 2.2

With a 2.2, it is very unlikely to meet the admission requirements for a masters.

A PGD is your best bet in a college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello Msttolu

With your 2:2, a Post graduate degree will be advisable for you..

Peace
msttolusola:
Good evening
Pls with this results 3.25/5.00 cgpa ,can I do msc straight in canada ,if yes can you please list the name of the universities
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by brovaSketch: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello house, Pls who can help with how to get the Police clearance certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Boluwatifebaby: 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
msttolusola:
Good evening

Your best bet would be to go for a pgd but there are actually a few universities that offer admissions to graduates with 2:2. It all depends on the course you're going for, your last two years aggregate in school and you should be ready to pay. Funny thing is there are actually fundings for some of those courses too.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Based on stories of wetin Ghanaian governments dey do Nigerian on covid testing (extortion) and quarantine level abi?

Chris182:
I don comot hand for Ghana matter, looking for other options
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Boluwatifebaby: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
brovaSketch:
Hello house, Pls who can help with how to get the Police clearance certificate

If you're in Lagos, go to Alagbon. Its a few hours mission and be ready to pay. Depending on your negotiation skills and who you meet, its between 5k to 15k.

Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chris182: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
Flight from the location to canada is too expensive, other countries are cheaper
Foski01:
Based on stories of wetin Ghanaian governments dey do Nigerian on covid testing (extortion) and quarantine level abi?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by msttolusola(m): 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
Boluwatifebaby:

Your best bet would be to go for a pgd but there are actually a few universities that offer admissions to graduates with 2:2. It all depends on the course you're going for, your last two years aggregate in school and you should be ready to pay. Funny thing is there are actually fundings for some of those courses too.

Goodluck
Okay, can you give me the list of the uni
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
Am in Canada already.... Don't come for me pls!
[quote author=gustav25 post=108118758][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shokoloko(f): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
Pinkkiss21:

I don’t know if you’re getting my message on your email . What provinces and city are you going ??
Ottawa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
Am the only African in my class, we are 25 in the class
TheLee:

You should learn empathy.
The fact that you are ‘logical’ is not mutually exclusive to empathy which you haven’t shown. Emotions are high, people are devastated.
You’re putting your application in, don’t you think you’d be affected. Picture this, Africans are not that significant number of intl student and as it is, only a fraction of the continent is banned you think schools will modify their instruction mode just to suit the discomfort of less than 10% of their classes.
You must think that we are that indispensable. Even Indians with the high pop of intl enrollment in Canada when they were banned had to find a way, no one moved mountains for them.
Be empathic. You can be logical and realistic yet empathic.
It’s not one or the other. All the best in your application. You would need it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Boluwatifebaby: 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
msttolusola:

Okay, can you give me the list of the uni

Brandon University
Trent University
University of Canada West.

And to be honest, if you're going for a research course, you could reach out to possible supervisors in several schools (as long as you have 70% and above in your last two years of school and a good research area that would interest the supervisor) and it would work out.

Try all means before settling for a pgd but if you can't, check out the Universities or just go for a pgd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
Make we run Cotonou
Abeg inbox me.. I have reached my email limit.

Chris182:
Flight from the location to canada is too expensive, other countries are cheaper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ara12345: 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Thank you very much for your input.

Have gotten admission for MBA but my problem is that, my POF is not enough, I have $5k CAD in my accounts but I don't know if there are banks that help people with POF.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
ara12345:

Have gotten admission for MBA but my problem is that, my POF is not enough, I have $5k CAD in my accounts but I don't know if there are banks that help people with POF.
You quoted the wrong person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by msttolusola(m): 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
Boluwatifebaby:

Brandon University
Trent University
University of Canada West.

And to be honest, if you're going for a research course, you could reach out to possible supervisors in several schools (as long as you have 70% and above in your last two years of school and a good research area that would interest the supervisor) and it would work out.

Try all means before settling for a pgd but if you can't, check out the Universities or just go for a pgd.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ara12345: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
PatrickOkunima:
You quoted the wrong person.

Sorry am new on Nairaland, I just joined Nairaland some minutes ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ara12345: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ketima:

Hello Patrick,

From the look of things, the only concern of the VO is sufficiency[/b[b]] and availability of the funds shown in the SOA. Now we all know we are suppose show funds that will take care of one year tuition, living expenses and other (flights and miscellaneous). In addition to that, we also need to show how we intend to take care of the subsequent years if is a two year upward course.

Now sponsored by your brother, are you a mature student? Is your brother married with family that will likely depend on the same money shown as your POF for his family upkeep. If is not, how did he prove to the VO that the money is solely for your studies and his family has other means of taking care of themselves. From your own part, did you show any money no matter how small it is?

So in summary, VO is thinking the money you submitted can't cover your the entire duration of stay in Canada without working. Of which what if your don't find work, how then do you complete your studies.

My observation though

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
Sammychi90:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/visitors-workers-students

Please how true is dis information?

This link was updated on Nov 27. Unfortunately the update yesterday Nov 30 is more recent and such, it supersedes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Let us link in DM

Shokoloko:
Please send me a PM if you are planning to go through Cotonou this month. Departure to Cotonou is next week, hang around for 14 days. Take a Covid test and move.
The COVID deaths and patients in Canada are increasing. Trust their government to add flu deaths to the COVID number. In my opinion, I dont see this ban being lifted in Feb. I hope I am wrong

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.