Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,933 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861960 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ketima:

To make it worst, the presidency has allowed South Africa President with his entourage to enter Nigeria. Tell me, why won't countries ban them.

This country suppose dey netflix

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
Excuse me... are we beinghopefulor trying to discourage pple which one... I don't really get it.

It took 5months for Indians when the Delta variant was on a peak did they they die? I'm definitely sure it won't take that long for us because it's not that deadly as the delta variant. We are trying to keep hope alive because that is what we have but you want to shatter and cause unnecessary panic. What's wrong with some pple tho�

mudiwest:

That can take forever. Besides CNN is not Canadian news.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good evening my people,

Pls pls dont be angry with me o. Too much questions from me today. Pls do i have to fill the form imm5257, application for temporary resident visa. kindly respond pls

i appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ketima:

To make it worst, the presidency has allowed South Africa President with his entourage to enter Nigeria. Tell me, why won't countries ban them.

Ahh wahala
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fisayo02(m): 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
Osemigho:

For fresh graduate, African Art, history, or development. You may not find a specific department for it, but you will find few Canadian professors interested in it. Another thing will be to study it in US, get a generic masters degree like history, African Studies and development. Then move to Canada for a PhD in that field. There are more Yoruba professors and African Studies program in the US than Canada.

Thanks for your response. The friend in question graduated about few years back. She preferred Canada to USA. ..
Will love ur response to this ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
ketima,Anon123,Makano, any other of my wonderful people pls respond

Good evening my people,

Pls pls dont be angry with me o. Too much questions from me today. Pls do i have to fill the form imm5257, application for temporary resident visa. kindly respond pls

Pls at what point do i pay for biometrics, i can see study visa 150usd, biometrics 85usd. pls when do i pay for that one.

thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SailingSeafarer: 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello Frank.

I have been on Nairaland for some months but I just came across your thread and I’m fascinated by your willingness to give clarification to people’s questions.

My my main question is regarding POF. I intent to apply to Memorial university of Newfoundland. The tuition for my masters program is 9,666 CAD. I have about 20,000 USD in my account and I will be sponsoring myself. If I pay the full tuition for the 6 semesters (it’s a 2 year program), I will be left with approximately 10,000 USD in my account.
Is this amount sufficient for POF?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
SailingSeafarer:
Hello Frank.

I have been on Nairaland for some months but I just came across your thread and I’m fascinated by your willingness to give clarification to people’s questions.

My my main question is regarding POF. I intent to apply to Memorial university of Newfoundland. The tuition for my masters program is 9,666 CAD. I have about 20,000 USD in my account and I will be sponsoring myself. If I pay the full tuition for the 6 semesters (it’s a 2 year program), I will be left with approximately 10,000 USD in my account.
Is this amount sufficient for POF?
although it is directed to frank. But let me tell you my 2 cents. That money won’t be enough because you are self sponsored. You will
Need show them how your funds are regenerated. Will they funds be available for the next maintenance? Why will you want to exhaust all your savings for just a masters program, it will raise an eyebrow to the VO. You will have to show the VO that you have something that will generate more money while you are gone. What will happen to the 3k for miscellaneous ( flight and ko )?. How will the next year 10K maintenance be generated , do you have any dependent ? Are you married ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2021

Good evening my people,

Pls at what point do i pay for biometrics, i can see study visa 150usd, biometrics 85usd. pls when do i pay for that one.

thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onlinedoctor: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Congrats, the land will favor u
HMPD:
PPR ALERT
Wife's Study Visa Application.
First Time Applicant, No Previous Travel History.

Submitted - 17th September 2021
Biometrics Updated - 21 September 2021
Medicals Request- 27 October 2021
Medicals Updated to Pass - 15 November 2021
PPR Dropped on - 1st December 2021

Many thanks to everyone on this Platform, I will share documents submitted shortly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
gracedson:
How far brother, what is the update ?

Waiting for immigration, just got in

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
hoodboy:

The lord is with you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
hoodboy:

May God perfect what he’s started, we are waiting for your Landing gist.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SailingSeafarer: 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
Aijay26:
although it is directed to frank. But let me tell you my 2 cents. That money won’t be enough because you are self sponsored. You will
Need show them how your funds are regenerated. Will they funds be available for the next maintenance? Why will you want to exhaust all your savings for just a masters program, it will raise an eyebrow to the VO. You will have to show the VO that you have something that will generate more money while you are gone. What will happen to the 3k for miscellaneous ( flight and ko )?. How will the next year 10K maintenance be generated , do you have any dependent ? Are you married ?

Thank you so much @aijay26 for this . You have got some points here . I am actually singe and have no kids .
Please in your experience, around how much should be shown in my account after paying tuition to clear any form of doubts by the VO? I just need to know how much more I should gather as bare minimum.
Note: I am employed in a shipping company and will indicate in my SOP that I would be coming back immediately after studies to continue my work which has very good progressive prospects .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
Chiziteremary:

Good evening my people,

thanks in anticipation

Woow. That's an important form to fill. You Must fill it oo. Please go ahead and do ok.

Once you upload all necessary and required fields, button will appear down, scroll down and click that. It will take you were you will need to pay. Both Biometrics (CAD$85) and application fee(CAD150) will be added to make it up CAD$235.

Note we have limit of US$100 limit by CBN. But so far, only Gtbank have increased theirs to US$200. So if you can't pay by yourself, please let your relation you so trust so much help you pay for your application to avoid had I know charge back in the future. Again, if you have a Dom account, then you can use it to pay for it conveniently

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 10:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
Everyone is waiting for that one guy’s landing gist grin Omo God abeg o

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaeul(f): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
To all those who have their PPR and have booked their tickets before this unfortunate news, please don't fret...This isn't a new virus, it is a variant and will better be managed.

Let's keep hope alive; it will be lifted soon. I will also ask us no to be too desperate by opting for other countries but if you must, be very security conscious as safety is of the utmost importance.

It will definately end in praise...

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2021
gaeul:
To all those who have their PPR and have booked their tickets before this unfortunate news, please don't fret...This isn't a new virus, it is a variant and will better be managed.

Let's keep hope alive; it will be lifted soon. I will also ask us no to be too desperate by opting for other countries but if you must, be very security conscious as safety is of the utmost importance.

It will definately end in praise...

Amen, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheGbemisola:
Everyone is waiting for that one guy’s landing gist grin Omo God abeg o
I dey pray for him.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
gracedson:
I dey pray for him.

Everybody dey him back. We pray for Good news

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
By the Grace of God he will enter and I smell his inside the country now enjoying the weather

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello Chizi a.k.a Mr too many Questions wink

The bolded form is a very important form to fill, in fact, you will have to carefully fill the form to avoid any mistake that can be in form of any misinterpretation which can lead to a ban.. So make sure you fill the form with your full concentration and pay attention to details..

For the biometrics, you are paying together with your application fee, that is if you are a 1st-time applicant though.

If you are a returning applicant, you do not need to pay for Biometrics again for the next 10 years...

Pecae
Chiziteremary:

Good evening my people,

thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Everybody dey him back. We pray for Good news
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
Jxool:
By the Grace of God he will enter and I smell his inside the country now enjoying the weather
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
My brothers and sisters, I know the news of ban really hit hard after all preparations as regards traveling to resume class for Jan start date. Now due to that, we are making frantic efforts to see how we can go about it, please while doing so, just relax small and have an inner discussion with yourself. Don't make hesty decision. This ban was just to curtail the inflow to allow them study it and assertain if the already formulated vaccines will cushion it. I believe if it does, the ban will be lifted but with notice that all must be fully vaccinated.

So please let's all relax ok. For those going for refund if your flight is still way deep in Dec, you may need to chill small as I think updates will start trickling in with time. France I heard is reviewing theirs and I read from unconfirmed source that they are lifting the ban on South Africans countries that were initially banned. So I see light at the end of the tunnel as Dec counts down.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello SailingSeafarer

I have not been following your posts but the bolded caught my attention..

If the bolded is an honest statement, then you shouldn't have any problem getting your Visa, cos it's applicants like you Canada wants. Applicants that would have career prospects on their return to their home country with the experience gained while studying in Canada..

Your SOP should focus more on the very good progressive prospects you talked about. Your SOP should do the magic..

I just hope you chose a course that is related to your work experience as your proposed course of study...

Peace
SailingSeafarer:

Thank you so much @aijay26 for this . You have got some points here . I am actually singe and have no kids .
Please in your experience, around how much should be shown in my account after paying tuition to clear any form of doubts by the VO? I just need to know how much more I should gather as bare minimum.
Note: I am employed in a shipping company and will indicate in my SOP that I would be coming back immediately after studies to continue my work which has very good progressive prospects .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Okuanata110621: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
brovaSketch:
Hello house, Pls who can help with how to get the Police clearance certificate

Check my previous posts....I did mine with inspector ronke for 5k....call her number a meet her in person.. Nice and calm,no stress

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Okuanata110621:
I sent a message to MP of Fredericton in New Brunswick today asking if the ban will affect students too and this is the reply I got.

Gbese re o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Okuanata110621:
I sent a message to MP of Fredericton in New Brunswick today asking if the ban will affect students too and this is the reply I got.
Omo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
childgodlyyy:

Gbese re o

Baba this one nah gbebody no time to sleep grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
She is even advising we go to another country, quarantine for 14 days and fly from there...please what more are we expecting to hear again?

Okuanata110621:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.