Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861053 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DeeAyoDam: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
July 7th applicant
Eligibility review started September 28th
Upfront medical passed on November 26th
3 ghost updates so far.
And no news.... Anyone in the same shoes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
Pinkkiss21:

I am the only African on my department Abi course groupchat, not even Ghana or other countries am the only black o the rest are from Punjabi or whatever is called ( India )
I have faith and believe in God they will lift it or adjust it in a way that will favor us amen
Amen they will lift it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shokoloko(f): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
bigsolo:
Let us link in DM

I sent you an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ayok90:
Let put hope alive

Whatever the outcome in France would it's what might happen in Montreal and Quebec

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Masterlee13: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good evening my nairaland family.
Can someone request for one's GCMS note on behalf of the person and secondly how long does it takes if it was requested from Canada? If anyone knows. I will really appreciate ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
https://www.breaking7.com/NewDetails/38822822
S.Korea finds 5 ppl with omnicron virus from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
Audrey1111:
https://www.breaking7.com/NewDetails/38822822
S.Korea finds 5 ppl with omnicron virus from Nigeria

Nigeria my nigeria. We no dey carry last for bad news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HMPD: 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
PPR ALERT
Wife's Study Visa Application.
First Time Applicant, No Previous Travel History.

Submitted - 17th September 2021
Biometrics Updated - 21 September 2021
Medicals Request- 27 October 2021
Medicals Updated to Pass - 15 November 2021
PPR Dropped on - 1st December 2021

Many thanks to everyone on this Platform, I will share documents submitted shortly

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:
So I just left wakanow ticketing office and they said they received a memo from their head office stating that study visa is not affected. But they told me it's only airlines that can give the actual type of visas that are affected or not. As such they're waiting for further information from the airlines plus people are supposed to fly tonight, that if the airlines allow people with study visa to board, we might have a chance.

I'm heading to Lufthansa and KLM office now if I can get direct info from them.
May God bless you, please keep us updated.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BolaT53: 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ketima:

Hello Patrick,

From the look of things, the only concern of the VO is sufficiency[/b[b]] and availability of the funds shown in the SOA. Now we all know we are suppose show funds that will take care of one year tuition, living expenses and other (flights and miscellaneous). In addition to that, we also need to show how we intend to take care of the subsequent years if is a two year upward course.

Now sponsored by your brother, are you a mature student? Is your brother married with family that will likely depend on the same money shown as your POF for his family upkeep. If is not, how did he prove to the VO that the money is solely for your studies and his family has other means of taking care of themselves. From your own part, did you show any money no matter how small it is?

So in summary, VO is thinking the money you submitted can't cover your the entire duration of stay in Canada without working. Of which what if your don't find work, how then do you complete your studies.

My observation though

Hi Ketima,

I honestly don’t understand what the VO mean when they say sufficiently/availability. In my situation my sponsor paid my one year full tuition, transferred my living expenses to me, booked a return flight ticket for me. I as the applicant had about 1.5m my personal funds and my sponsors statement was about 40million no lump sum. But my visa was refused based on he has concerns on if the funds will be sufficiently available for me throughout my program. What do you think went wrong in my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Please someone with better understanding of Canadian English should please help elaborate on this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dchamps: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
Concate:
Correct link is

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

pls can someone use MBS on this portal instead of printing plenty bank statements.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 7:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:
So I just left wakanow ticketing office and they said they received a memo from their head office stating that study visa is not affected. But they told me it's only airlines that can give the actual type of visas that are affected or not. As such they're waiting for further information from the airlines plus people are supposed to fly tonight, that if the airlines allow people with study visa to board, we might have a chance.

Hey bro. Any update from Lufthansa?

Thanks for your support thus far
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
hoodboy:
Omo this ban is something else. Was waiting to give landing gist but I don’t know if it will work any more.

Left nigeria on BA last night, got to heathrow and heard the news. I don’t know if Canada border control will let us through, due to land Toronto by 2pm their time.

Chief. Journey mercies oooooo...

We all dey await your update oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
Benquip:
Please someone with better understanding of Canadian English should please help elaborate on this.
lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
Benquip:
The countries listed have been added to list of countries that are banned entry into Canada.
Exemptions for Canadian citizens and PR holders flying from these countries anyway.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
hoodboy:
Omo this ban is something else. Was waiting to give landing gist but I don’t know if it will work any more.

Left nigeria on BA last night, got to heathrow and heard the news. I don’t know if Canada border control will let us through, due to land Toronto by 2pm their time.
How far brother, what is the update ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
millie0:
Hello guys

I'm really confused and I don't know what to do. I have gotten my study visa and I already booked my flight for December 18th.

Now with this news about the ban on Nigerian flights, what can I do? I booked Lufthansa airlines and I will pass through Germany before I get to Canada, so can I move to Frankfort and stay there for 14 days before traveling to Canada? I don't know if this will be allowed because they will see I'm a Nigerian on my passport, so I don't know if it will work. Will they say it's a fraudulent act? What do you think?

My school's winter term starts by January 5 and it's in-person.

Ah Ah, no be so na, share your time line with the house na.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Jayrealest:

It will be except you explain in detail the reason and need for the lump sum wt proofs to backup ur claims. If u will use lump sum deposit account, after explaining in detail please pay your fees to show funds availability. Betterif u can even avoid d lump sum.

The lump sum is as result of transactions. Eg. Someone transfered 2m into the account and withdrawal of 1.5m was made on the account same day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:

So I got this mail from Wakanow

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
sholay2011:

Please confirm with KLM and update us. Thank you.

JosephYemsol:

Hey bro. Any update from Lufthansa?
Thanks for your support thus far

gracedson:
May God bless you, please keep us updated.

TheGbemisola:

Please keep us posted. God bless you

Romoke1995:

Really..please keep us posted

I went to KLM/Air France office in Abuja and i was told whatever update is on IRCC website is what they are following meaning they cant airlift students. I couldnt go to Lufhtansa again but i want to believe the information would most likely be the same, i'll try to go tomorrow though.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
Osemigho:

If you read this page well, you will realize single applicant with full Canadian scholarship don't need a sponsor. You only complicate your financial situation with your sponsors, if they are not your parents and rich enough to afford your tuition and living expenses.

Many past single applicants with full scholarships, including myself, got their student visa with less than 1m in their account. If you don't have that saved, Your parent or siblings can transfer this to you and give you a letter of moral support, not financial support. Your sponsor is your school scholarship.

Thanks for this revelation. I admit it was all my fault. I'll definitely tackle it in my next application. Honestly, I had about 2million in my account when I made my application. But I was afraid that it wasn't enough for my living and travel expenses. Hence the reason for a sponsor. I have learned my lesson in a very hard way anyways.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:

I went to KLM/Air France office in Abuja and i was told whatever update is on IRCC website is what they are following meaning they cant airlift students. I couldnt go to Lufhtansa again but i want to believe the information would most likely be the same, i'll try to go tomorrow though.
Hmmm Nawaoo, it is well, thank you brother, well done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:

I just left KLM now. They are not flying to Canada . I was scheduled to travel tomorrow. I canceled my flight and they gave me a link for refund process or I go to their office in VI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
Jojorito007:

I just left KLM now. They are not flying to Canada . I was scheduled to travel tomorrow. I canceled my flight and they gave me a link for refund process or I go to their office in VI

Yeah, i was told i would be given a full refund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sholay2011(m): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Thank you for the update. cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
Jojorito007:

Nawaoo, do you have any other plan ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Nawa oo Wettin be this now ??
Nigeria is always involved in bad things ....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello house,
How is everyone?
Tension is so high with this devastating news by we will pull through.
Rn, I don't even know if I should request refund or hold on cos I ought to travel with BA to Vancouver on the 26th which is still like 3 weeks away.
Dunno if anything could still change within the timeframe abi make I kolet my moni jejely.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
Wait it out, don't ask for refund, They will open up.
According to cnn they wanna know how it can be curbed,how effective the vaccine works against it. When they get the results for sure they will open

Teeprecious:
Hello house,
How is everyone?
Tension is so high with this devastating news by we will pull through.
Rn, I don't even know if I should request refund or hold on cos I ought to travel with BA to Vancouver on the 26th which is still like 3 weeks away.
Dunno if anything could still change within the timeframe abi make I kolet my moni jejely.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
Romoke1995:

Nawa oo Wettin be this now ??
Nigeria is always involved in bad things ....

To make it worst, the presidency has allowed South Africa President with his entourage to enter Nigeria. Tell me, why won't countries ban them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mudiwest(m): 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Henriie:
Wait it out, don't ask for refund, They will open up.
According to cnn they wanna know how it can be curbed,how effective the vaccine works against it. When they get the results for sure they will open

That can take forever. Besides CNN is not Canadian news.

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.