Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851392 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:46am On Dec 02, 2021
Since you already did an upfront medicals before, you should upload the e-medical sheet that was given to you when you did it but as long as it is still valid ( done within the last 12 months)..

All the best

Bblight:
Hello everyone.

Please I am applying for a study permit for the second time and as part of generating my document checklist, I was asked if I had done a medical check up with an IRCC doctor for the last 12 months and I clicked on yes because in my last application I did an upfront medical.

Now I was asked to submit a proof of medical exam as part of the document that I need to submit in my new application.

My question is, was I suppose to click “no”
When asked that question or should I am to use my initial medical exam or I would need to do a new medical before submitting my application.

Please your response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 02, 2021
Tinakem:

Bros pls how did u contact Ethiopia, airlines I know u are traveling with them
I have said it b4.they have d poorest customer service. u have to go there urself to get something done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2021
My people pls how do i go about getting appointment for biometrics. Just submitted my form yesterday. Pls answer me if you dont mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2021
Due to Omicron. These are the new measures. Everyone will quarantine irrespective of their vaccination status.

Romoke1995:

Congratulations � please after showing them that you’re fully vaccinated they still ask you to quarantine again ? Is that a new implement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:58am On Dec 02, 2021
I saw Ketimas response to you on getting the biometrics introduction letter (BIL) which would usually be sent to you 24 hrs after submission. Once you get this, follow the instructions there to book for your biometrics .

All the best
Chiziteremary:
My people pls how do i go about getting appointment for biometrics. Just submitted my form yesterday. Pls answer me if you dont mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2021
viviangogos:
I saw Ketimas response to you on getting the biometrics introduction letter (BIL) which would usually be sent to you 24 hrs after submission. Once you get this, follow the instructions there to book for your biometrics .

All the best

Many thanks, oh i didnt see ketimas response. Thanks ketima
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2021
Chiziteremary:

Hello ketima

Please what do i do now. I didnt fill the form and ive submitted my application. Pls whats the way forward pls. Im in pains right now

Which form didn't you fill? You will not be able to submit if your don't upload required sections. So how did you bypass that without uploading the required form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:04am On Dec 02, 2021
Bblight:
Hello everyone.

Please I am applying for a study permit for the second time and as part of generating my document checklist, I was asked if I had done a medical check up with an IRCC doctor for the last 12 months and I clicked on yes because in my last application I did an upfront medical.

Now I was asked to submit a proof of medical exam as part of the document that I need to submit in my new application.

My question is, was I suppose to click “no”
When asked that question or should I am to use my initial medical exam or I would need to do a new medical before submitting my application.

Please your response will be appreciated. Thanks.

What of slip of the medical you initially? Is it expired? If not, then upload it again. But if it has expired, then you didn't fill it right cos it said within the last 12 months and not just if you had done it before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bblight: 11:04am On Dec 02, 2021
viviangogos:
Since you already did an upfront medicals before, you should upload the e-medical sheet that was given to you when you did it but as long as it is still valid ( done within the last 12 months)..

All the best

Alright, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2021
Ketima:

Welcome onboard. Now you will receive BIL after 24hrs of submission. Sometimes it takes longer oo. So I advise, when your get your BIL, you follow the link to get appointment for your Biometrics.

Thanks ketima
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2021
hoodboy:

Government is bearing the isolation cost

Oh that very very interesting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Bblight:

Thanks.
Please how do I know it has expired?
I got a message from Qlife that my medicals have been updated on the 13 of September 2021 on my last application.

it has not expired then. Your medical is for a year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heledy(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2021
WAOH NO STRESS AT ALL..
NO STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT AND SOME DUMB QUESTIONS
E BE LIKE THE AIRLINE NA EM BE D WAY FORWARD
CONGRATS
Madeincanada:
Congratulations! I rejoice with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2021
Heledy:
WAOH NO STRESS AT ALL..
NO STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT AND SOME DUMB QUESTIONS
E BE LIKE THE AIRLINE NA EM BE D WAY FORWARD
CONGRATS

Lmao it’s not by airline o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NgumimiT: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2021
I just received a refusal yesterday.
I applied on June 2nd
Medicals was done on June 3rd and updated to pass on June 11
Biometrics was done on June 4th and updated the same day.
Eligibility started on 15th September.
BVL and Refusal letter December 1st.

My reason for refusal was personal assets and financial status.
I used a 3rd party sponsor (Brother-in-law)
I'm pretty sure I proved our relationship well enough.
I added marriage certificates and pictures from years ago and recently.
I also work in one of his companies.

I presented his fixed deposit account with 6.5M, His bank statements, my personal bank statement with about 1k USD for flight and stuff, and receipts of my first-semester school fees.
I also presented his business reg documents, a notarized letter of sponsorship, tax clearance, invoices, and his passport.

I suppose the VO was concerned about the availability of funds.
My sponsor's dependant at the time was my sister (who also has a job)

I intend to reapply as soon as possible. I had ordered for my GCMS on the 23rd of November already but considering how long it takes these days I think I'll just go ahead and reapply before receiving it.

I've started classes online and my next semester will also be done online.

What I intend to do next

- I'll pay the next semester fees (It's a PGC) so I have one more semester and Co-op
- Transfer my living expenses to a GIC account
- Include the tenancy agreements for the 2 Airbnb's I co-own and also the financial records for it (I started the business after applying the first time)
- I included the documents for the farm I co-own with my siblings the previous time but I suppose it wasn't enough.

Right now, I need some help/ direction on how to open a GIC.
- Can I send the money from my naira account using form A?
- Has anyone used GTB for form A recently and how long did it take?
- What is the general procedure for opening a GIC
- Would I still need to include my sponsor's statements since all the money has been transferred to me as his balance wouldn't be that much after?
Any answers to these would be greatly appreciated!

I got all the information for my application on here and it was all incredibly helpful.
Reading timelines, landing gists and PPR success stories was also really helpful during the long wait so thanks to everyone that has shared and continues to share.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
For those that just landed, you can get a portable heater from Walmart. I got two and it's super helpful. Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Canadaisbless: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
Congratulations. Welcome to Almighty Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Canadaisbless: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
Anyone coming to Toronto Canada �� as a student. Be fast with it because Canada is having travel restrictions soon again for students due to the new virus. Thanks and success as you make ur move for success. More update liamkhalid30@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Canadaisbless: 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
Anyone coming to Toronto Canada �� as a student. Be fast with it because Canada is having travel restrictions soon again for students due to the new virus. Thanks and success as you make ur move for success. More update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
Canadaisbless:
Anyone coming to Toronto Canada �� as a student. Be fast with it because Canada is having travel restrictions soon again for students due to the new virus. Thanks and success as you make ur move for success. More update liamkhalid30@gmail.com

Which travel restrictions apart from wetin dem don do again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
Teeprecious:

Here.
Travelling by December.
You?

Please, I want to ask, how many months does it take Canada to process a student visa? thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
Canadaisbless:
Guy, you wan dey whine is or what.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amblessed2021: 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please any update on the travel ban...any landing gist... please let us know..

Canadaisbless:
Anyone coming to Toronto Canada �� as a student. Be fast with it because Canada is having travel restrictions soon again for students due to the new virus. Thanks and success as you make ur move for success. More update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
viviangogos:

All the best

Please can you share the link to register for medical with me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
Canadaisbless:

Hahaha. All this indirect agent's and S****m**RS in disguise. Which other ban are you referring to and sharing your email for more update lol. Thank you Trudeau Canadaisbless grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
Chiziteremary:

Hello ketima

Please what do i do now. I didnt fill the form and ive submitted my application. Pls whats the way forward pls. Im in pains right now

You are expected to fill three forms and theres no way your app will submit if those three forms were not uploaded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
You should have done a GIC. help confirms that the sponsor will go to any length to demonstrate his commitments. Making transfers alone might not cut it.

Paying tuition is not a prerequisites for approval but I believe it's a good step.

Your program. does it last for one year or two? depending the officer might still have some concerns if you didn't demonstrate where the funds for subsequent year will come from with verifiable proof. Remember it's not about have hooge funds it's by verifying these funds bad making sure it's accessible to you.

It might even be that you didn't demonstrate the cordial relationship to the extent the VO is convinced so thus the reasons he gave.

Other times it's just the mistake of the VO. Some refusals are illogical it's either you reapply or JR?
BolaT53:

Hi Ketima,

I honestly don’t understand what the VO mean when they say sufficiently/availability. In my situation my sponsor paid my one year full tuition, transferred my living expenses to me, booked a return flight ticket for me. I as the applicant had about 1.5m my personal funds and my sponsors statement was about 40million no lump sum. But my visa was refused based on he has concerns on if the funds will be sufficiently available for me throughout my program. What do you think went wrong in my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ooh Sorry, Madam too many questions.. wink

Sure you can..

Peace
Chiziteremary:

Hello Makano,

Pls can i send u a personal msg. Biko its urgent. You keep mistaking me for a man, im a lady o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Boluwatifebaby: 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
NgumimiT:
I just received a refusal yesterday.
I applied on June 2nd
Medicals was done on June 3rd and updated to pass on June 11
Biometrics was done on June 4th and updated the same day.
Eligibility started on 15th September.
BVL and Refusal letter December 1st.

I presented his fixed deposit account with 6.5M, His bank statements, my personal bank statement with about 1k USD for flight and stuff, and receipts of my first-semester school fees.
I also presented his business reg documents, a notarized letter of sponsorship, tax clearance, invoices, and his passport.

I intend to reapply as soon as possible. I had ordered for my GCMS on the 23rd of November already but considering how long it takes these days I think I'll just go ahead and reapply before receiving it.

I've started classes online and my next semester will also be done online.

What I intend to do next

- I'll pay the next semester fees (It's a PGC) so I have one more semester and Co-op
- Transfer my living expenses to a GIC account
- Include the tenancy agreements for the 2 Airbnb's I co-own and also the financial records for it (I started the business after applying the first time)
- I included the documents for the farm I co-own with my siblings the previous time but I suppose it wasn't enough.

Right now, I need some help/ direction on how to open a GIC.
- Can I send the money from my naira account using form A?
- Has anyone used GTB for form A recently and how long did it take?
- What is the general procedure for opening a GIC
- Would I still need to include my sponsor's statements since all the money has been transferred to me as his balance wouldn't be that much after?
Any answers to these would be greatly appreciated!

I got all the information for my application on here and it was all incredibly helpful.
Reading timelines, landing gists and PPR success stories was also really helpful during the long wait so thanks to everyone that has shared and continues to share.

Hi NgumimiT,

I'm sorry for the refusal and I'm glad you are ready to reapply with necessary things needed to cover your tracks.

Asides from not having your gcms notes to know the exact reason(s), my only point here is that you should pay full tuition (including co-op fees) and have more than 1k USD for flights and miscellaneous. Miscellaneous is actually budgeted at 3k USD so having that or more than that is advisable.

How to open GIC in canada

First you go to there website https://pay.cibc.com/ISBO/payment/#/ and create a profile.
1. You are applying for student GIC program

2. Minimum amount is $10000, you can do upto $20000 but bear in mind that this money will only be available on tranches for a period of 8 months or so.

3. Select resident country

4. Do not check the I'd like to pay in canadian dollars box

5.. you will see an amount in USD click on it and continue, that amount will be held for 20 minutes while u fill the form

6. After filling the form you will be contacted by the bank in 1-2 business days with an account number to pay into

7.. proceed to the bank and make the payment from a USD account

NOTE: payment can be only made once before you arrive to Canada. And PAYMENT MUST BE MADE FROM THE SAME NAME ACCOUNT OTHERWISE THEY WILL RETURN YOUR MONEY

I'd also advise that your LOE should be better than your initial SOP. Please wait for your gcms notes to arrive as I'll be needed to tackle the issues raised by the V.O but you can open the GIC account before then.

Goodluck.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shinningstar001: 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
God has done it. Timeline below. The request letter was for my original letter of acceptance and I submitted it on November 3. I did not get any acknowledgment email or anything and I got approval notification today. I return all the glory to God. Thanks everyone for your help so far.

I will send my passport and provide an update on that as well

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Boluwatifebaby: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2021
Shinningstar001:
God has done it. Timeline below. The request letter was for my original letter of acceptance and I submitted it on November 3. I did not get any acknowledgment email or anything and I got approval notification today. I return all the glory to God. Thanks everyone for your help so far.

I will send my passport and provide an update on that as well

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
NgumimiT:

About your sponsor funds, is it only 6.5 million naira? How much in your sponsor's personal account? Did your sponsor pay your part or full tuition and or transfer money into your account?

My knowledge may be outdated, but I think 6.5 million naira, without scholarship or tuition payment, is too small for canada student visa application. I also think third-party sponsor need to make more financial commitments through fund transfer and or tuition payment.

After you cross your Ts and dot your Is, you still need element of grace for the process. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.