Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860182 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SailingSeafarer: 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
makano:
Hello SailingSeafarer

I have not been following your posts but the bolded caught my attention..

If the bolded is an honest statement, then you shouldn't have any problem getting your Visa, cos it's applicants like you Canada wants. Applicants that would have career prospects on their return to their home country with the experience gained while studying in Canada..

Your SOP should focus more on the very good progressive prospects you talked about. Your SOP should do the magic..

I just hope you chose a course that is related to your work experience as your proposed course of study...

Peace

Thank you so much @makano.
I am really working on my SOP to give the best impression it possibly can.
However, I like being clear of safety margins. My SOP is one weapon as you rightly mentioned. But I would like to increase that POF . Normally, this will make me spend some extra months working at sea(to get salaries which would significantly increase my bank status) but you know time is another factor being considered. Working for those extra months would as well mean that I would have to look towards 2023 for my application to fully set in(I want to have my bank statement ready before applying to avoid delays on my side )
So just now, I’m thinking of gift deeds, but to be honest, I don’t know much about how it works.
Can my brother give me gift deeds? If he can, what documents do I have to get from him? How much is the max he can give ? Has gift deeds ever been grounds for refusal?

Note: I studied marine transportation from a university outside Nigeria . I have had some years of practical sea experience as an officer onboard ships .Now I intend to apply for Masters in Maritime studies in Memorial university

Please I will appreciate some inputs ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by walteriyke: 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
DeeAyoDam:
July 7th applicant
Eligibility review started September 28th
Upfront medical passed on November 26th
3 ghost updates so far.
And no news.... Anyone in the same shoes?
yes bro mine is July 27th
Medicals updated
3 ghost updates down still waiting...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sunflowerog: 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Glory be to God!
Congratulations!!!

Please i need an information from you, my younger brother submitted his application 12 days after yours and his medicals was updated to pass in November 27. I pray that he gets he PPR on the 12th of December as we have tapped into your blessing. But my question is this, Did your Wife get any ghost update during her waiting period?
HMPD:
PPR ALERT
Wife's Study Visa Application.
First Time Applicant, No Previous Travel History.

Submitted - 17th September 2021
Biometrics Updated - 21 September 2021
Medicals Request- 27 October 2021
Medicals Updated to Pass - 15 November 2021
PPR Dropped on - 1st December 2021

Many thanks to everyone on this Platform, I will share documents submitted shortly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 11:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Thanks, please ive finally submitted my application. Please how do i get to do my biometrics. How do i book appointment for that. Pls im a novice o. Make una no vex for me. I really dont know how i would have navigated this entire process if i didnt join this forum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ketima:

Woow. That's an important form to fill. You Must fill it oo. Please go ahead and do ok.

Once you upload all necessary and required fields, button will appear down, scroll down and click that. It will take you were you will need to pay. Both Biometrics (CAD$85) and application fee(CAD150) will be added to make it up CAD$235.

Note we have limit of US$100 limit by CBN. But so far, [b]only[/b]onl Gtbank have increased theirs to US$200. So if you can't pay by yourself, please let your relation you so trust so much help you pay for your application to avoid had I know charge back in the future. Again, if you have a Dom account, then you can use it to pay for it conveniently
Hi Ketima.

ACCESS BANK upgraded theirs too to $300.

I used ACCESS bank to pay for my Application on Monday and it was successful smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Limah17: 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello gurus in the house. I Dey greet una o even if some of una don yab me 2days ago. Loll

I’m so grateful to God Almighty ��.
Guys remember I said my daughter ppr is not out yet? Well to I surprise I received a mail of her ppr today 1/12/2021 2weeks after my own ppr which I submitted my passport yesterday.I couldn’t write a complete timeline because I was so stressed mentally and I knew obviously when I’m ok I will definitely come back. So to @kenny and the rest that yabbed me thank you o but make una Dey calm down sha �

TIMELINE
Application submitted: 4th March 2021
Biometrics done and updated (Lagos): 10th March
Refused application : 18th June 2021( reason was they were not certain I will come back to Nigeria)
STUDY PERMIT REAPPLY: 22nd July 2021
Medical request: 26 October
Medicals done (IOM Lagos): 9th November
Medicals updated to pass/Eligibility review: 15th October
PPR request/BVL: 19thNovember
Passport sent to VFS Lagos : 29th November (awaiting stamping and delivery)

DOCUMENTS (Applicant)

All the IMM forms
International Passport
Digital passport photo
Letter of Acceptance/Co-op confirmation letter

Client information documents
- Statement of purpose (Very important)
- Degree certificate
- Waec result
- Professional certificates
- Birth certificate
- Resume
- Police clearance
- Nysc discharge certificate
- Academic transcript
- Family pictures

Documents and POF
MY SPOUSE DEDS OF ASSIGNMENT, fixed deposits, savings accounts, currents account etc

To keep it simple just help me thank God the journey has been mentally draining Mehn it not easy. To those still waiting for their PPR dnt give up just keep praying and be hopeful ��

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Chiziteremary:
Thanks, please ive finally submitted my application. Please how do i get to do my biometrics. How do i book appointment for that. Pls im a novice o. Make una no vex for me. I really dont know how i would have navigated this entire process if i didnt join this forum
Congratulations nwanyi oma!

Oya use this link below to book for your biometrics

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/Account/RegisteredLogin?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+yzShCR5+RPxbigEFl/W14/B2caAAJ+pjEGG2r7ohd6rA==

Biometrics usually comes 24hrs after application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
Limah17:
Hello gurus in the house. I Dey greet una o even if some of una don yab me 2days ago. Loll

I’m so grateful to God Almighty ��.
Guys remember I said my daughter ppr is not out yet? Well to I surprise I received a mail of her ppr today 1/12/2021 2weeks after my own ppr which I submitted my passport yesterday.I couldn’t write a complete timeline because I was so stressed mentally and I knew obviously when I’m ok I will definitely come back. So to @kenny and the rest that yabbed me thank you o but make una Dey calm down sha �

TIMELINE
Application submitted: 4th March 2021
Biometrics done and updated (Lagos): 10th March
Refused application : 18th June 2021( reason was they were not certain I will come back to Nigeria)
STUDY PERMIT REAPPLY: 22nd July 2021
Medical request: 26 October
Medicals done (IOM Lagos): 9th November
Medicals updated to pass/Eligibility review: 15th October
PPR request/BVL: 19thNovember
Passport sent to VFS Lagos : 29th November (awaiting stamping and delivery)

DOCUMENTS (Applicant)

All the IMM forms
International Passport
Digital passport photo
Letter of Acceptance/Co-op confirmation letter

Client information documents
- Statement of purpose (Very important)
- Degree certificate
- Waec result
- Professional certificates
- Birth certificate
- Resume
- Police clearance
- Nysc discharge certificate
- Academic transcript
- Family pictures

Documents and POF
MY SPOUSE DEDS OF ASSIGNMENT, fixed deposits, savings accounts, currents account etc

To keep it simple just help me thank God the journey has been mentally draining Mehn it not easy. To those still waiting for their PPR dnt give up just keep praying and be hopeful ��

A Big congratulations to you and your family. GodisGreat.
We no yab you grin All love.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 12:32am On Dec 02, 2021
July 21st.... waiting on God for divine approval
walteriyke:
yes bro mine is July 27th
Medicals updated
3 ghost updates down still waiting...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 02, 2021
gustav25:

Come direct Ma , no one is trolling anyone ... I dont know why you Nigerians have a battle against Comprehension. Canada have blacklisted us and that's factos , it's left for us to find a way to get in or get schooled online ... This isn't any form of trolling but seems many are dense
they did not black list Nigerians ,they black listed the territory. period

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 12:58am On Dec 02, 2021
good evening, I decided to remove my mind from Canada visa, I submitted my application and its still showing submitted but haven't received confirmation message, ircc keeps telling me I don't have an open application, I give up on Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tracy0803409: 1:17am On Dec 02, 2021
My Family, am not a prophet, but am led to tell you all that the Ban will be lifted soon, before mid January.

Funny enough am yet to apply, still gathering all my documents, but will apply soon

Nothing good comes easy, you see this mountain of omicron, it MUST be levelled to a plain in JESUS name, Amen

For all those held up, keep preparing, God has said yes, no man, no omicron, no vivid can say No

Our story must end in praise, Amen

One love Family

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 1:27am On Dec 02, 2021
tracy0803409:
My Family, am not a prophet, but am led to tell you all that the Ban will be lifted soon, before mid January.

Funny enough am yet to apply, still gathering all my documents, but will apply soon

Nothing good comes easy, you see this mountain of omicron, it MUST be levelled to a plain in JESUS name, Amen

For all those held up, keep preparing, God has said yes, no man, no omicron, no vivid can say No

Our story must end in praise, Amen

One love Family
amen. I submitted early last month and nothing, they don't want to open my application, don't know why, I give up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 1:44am On Dec 02, 2021
hoodboy:

Waiting for immigration, just got in

Only God knows the end from the beginning.

I’m currently in Isolation till test result is out. If I had travelled in June or so would have paid about 1000CAD for this.

Thanks for all the concern. I pray the ban is sorted soon so that those affected can come in ASAP

Meanwhile, I’m not understanding this food, but too much hunger

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 1:49am On Dec 02, 2021
hoodboy:

I’m currently in Isolation till test result is out. If I had travelled in June or so would have paid about 1000CAD for this.

Thanks for all the concern. I pray the ban is sorted soon so that does affected can come in ASAP

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheLee(f): 1:57am On Dec 02, 2021
hoodboy:

Thanks for all the concern. I pray the ban is sorted soon so that does affected can come in ASAP

So glad you made it in. Yay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:01am On Dec 02, 2021
I wouldn’t know but that’s exactly what I carried .
Kema22:
Are you very sure about milk, because on the CBSA site milk is not allowed

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:02am On Dec 02, 2021
Na you sabi my honorable dear.
E no consign this user!!
Ikechi12:
Milk is not allowed! What the poster did was illegal. If they were to be caught, it won't auger well for them. It is advisable that for future's sake, abide by all the laws. You don't want to have a dent of disobedience in your history because of milk, ordinary milk!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:04am On Dec 02, 2021
The list is exactly what I travelled with .

For palm oil, it was in eva water container , what I did was put them inside fridge and allowed them to block then put them in the middle of my luggage.
Onaya:

I doubt if one would be allowed to travel to canada with palm oil, or suchlike. In your own case, did you succeed in taking it along with you while traveling?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:07am On Dec 02, 2021
They didn’t .
nairagrounds:
Wow! Thanks for this list. I believe they didn't remove any of the items from your luggage at the border.

Nh to dey chop them small small ooo, make dem no finish quick.

And thanks for being a generous contributor to this platform. May God send destiny helpers every step of your way in Jesus’ name.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:08am On Dec 02, 2021
wink grin
SomBaby:

You don't need to shout...she said it... infact, she is aware of the risk...las las, it will be dropped at the checking point....that's what they do at the airport... let's not sweat it... it's just like you said..."ordinary milk"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:10am On Dec 02, 2021
$7 is not cheap o for one liter my rich brother o grin
ericksen:
Why are you guys arguing over cheap commodities like this?
1L of palm oil is just C$7 (Atleast in my province). Milk is very cheap too.
Travel light guys and leave all these excessive load and save yourselves immigration officers wahala jare.
If you must carry stuffs, buy winter jackets and egusi, ogbono, ground crayfish, stockfish, etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:10am On Dec 02, 2021
So sorry sad
Jay316:
the annoying part for me was I just paid over 22k to rebook my flight yesterday.I am so sad right now.my advise to u all is simple, if u have not booked any flight yet, don't book for now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Congratulations
Ikechi12:
PPR has landed! Let me send the passport first. I will give the timeline at night
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:18am On Dec 02, 2021
Congratulations
HMPD:
PPR ALERT
Wife's Study Visa Application.
First Time Applicant, No Previous Travel History.

Submitted - 17th September 2021
Biometrics Updated - 21 September 2021
Medicals Request- 27 October 2021
Medicals Updated to Pass - 15 November 2021
PPR Dropped on - 1st December 2021

Many thanks to everyone on this Platform, I will share documents submitted shortly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:21am On Dec 02, 2021
So happy for you, you made it!
hoodboy:

Thanks for all the concern. I pray the ban is sorted soon so that those affected can come in ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:32am On Dec 02, 2021
hoodboy:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 2:39am On Dec 02, 2021
msttolusola:
Good evening
Pls with this results 3.25/5.00 cgpa ,can I do msc straight in canada ,if yes can you please list the name of the universities

Look for the sch that has ur course, talk to them sometimes there is nothing impossible. Your 2.2 is higher than mine and l got Msc admission and PPR. Try it urself pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 2:57am On Dec 02, 2021
Jay316:
they did not black list Nigerians ,they black listed the territory. period

Bros pls how did u contact Ethiopia, airlines I know u are traveling with them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 3:04am On Dec 02, 2021
Landing Gist

So I booked British Airways flight for 30th of November. I had booked it since September, do the booking at MMIA so I paid in Naira at official rate.

Flight was for 11:45pm but I got to the airport around 4pm keeping with the advice given here to always arrive early.

First wahala was at the scanning machine at the entrance, they found my palm oil and said to take it out, that it won’t fly on BA, I didn’t argue I dropped it because I still had two more, which unfortunately ended up being trashed by BA just before departure (BA doesn’t allow frozen palm oil).

Agric people caught me this point and I had to dash them 2k, was hoping to escape it. After then I went weighed my luggage, had to shuffle some items between my carry-on and my checked in luggage before I was able to move ahead.

Showed the airline rep my passport, enrollment letter ArriveCAN, passenger locator form (mandatory for UK passage), vaccination card and COVID test. He confirmed the documents and gave me my boarding pass and yellow card to fill.

From there I moved to immigration, they collected my yellow card here, I was instructed to write my final destination address at the back of the card, Baba asked for tip I told him “nothing Dey” and they let me go.

Boarded the plane to London, the food was alright and we landed heathrow around 4am and that’s when I came online and saw the ban update sad

At 11:45 am we boarded the connecting flight, food was also good. After about 8hrs we were in Toronto. Used the machine to scan my passport and filled some information and a slip was printed out. Walked over to fort immigration check, the asked what food items I brought and I listed them asked if Toronto was my final stop, told him will be going to Saskatoon in January for school proper and I was directed to the place where I’d get my study permit.

Study permit didn’t take long, was only asked for the school I was attending and letter of admission which I submitted, it was checked and I was issued a study permit after which I was directed to public health for quarantine matters based on the new COVID update.

Anyways, I’m isolating now can’t wait for the result to be out so I can carry on with my life.

Sleep don full my eyes

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GoldenCrown1160: 3:24am On Dec 02, 2021
Hello Family...please I got married few months ago in Nigeria. I sent message to IRCC to inform them about it and to update my status. Please where can I see the status in my IRCC account ?
Please help..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 3:30am On Dec 02, 2021
You can’t see the status on your account but be sure they have seen it.
Did they reply your mail?
GoldenCrown1160:
Hello Family...please I got married few months ago in Nigeria. I sent message to IRCC to inform them about it and to update my status. Please where can I see the status in my IRCC account ?
Please help..

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.