Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862127 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
Chiziteremary:

Many thanks, oh i didnt see ketimas response. Thanks ketima
I even sent you a link to register for Biometrics. undecided

You no see am too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
Gurus in the house I just got my refusal letter now. What should do? And how can I go about it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
NgumimiT:
I just received a refusal yesterday.
I applied on June 2nd
Medicals was done on June 3rd and updated to pass on June 11
Biometrics was done on June 4th and updated the same day.
Eligibility started on 15th September.
BVL and Refusal letter December 1st.

My reason for refusal was personal assets and financial status.
I used a 3rd party sponsor (Brother-in-law)
I'm pretty sure I proved our relationship well enough.
I added marriage certificates and pictures from years ago and recently.
I also work in one of his companies.

I presented his fixed deposit account with 6.5M, His bank statements, my personal bank statement with about 1k USD for flight and stuff, and receipts of my first-semester school fees.
I also presented his business reg documents, a notarized letter of sponsorship, tax clearance, invoices, and his passport.

I suppose the VO was concerned about the availability of funds.
My sponsor's dependant at the time was my sister (who also has a job)

I intend to reapply as soon as possible. I had ordered for my GCMS on the 23rd of November already but considering how long it takes these days I think I'll just go ahead and reapply before receiving it.

I've started classes online and my next semester will also be done online.

What I intend to do next

- I'll pay the next semester fees (It's a PGC) so I have one more semester and Co-op
- Transfer my living expenses to a GIC account
- Include the tenancy agreements for the 2 Airbnb's I co-own and also the financial records for it (I started the business after applying the first time)
- I included the documents for the farm I co-own with my siblings the previous time but I suppose it wasn't enough.

Right now, I need some help/ direction on how to open a GIC.
- Can I send the money from my naira account using form A?
- Has anyone used GTB for form A recently and how long did it take?
- What is the general procedure for opening a GIC
- Would I still need to include my sponsor's statements since all the money has been transferred to me as his balance wouldn't be that much after?
Any answers to these would be greatly appreciated!

I got all the information for my application on here and it was all incredibly helpful.
Reading timelines, landing gists and PPR success stories was also really helpful during the long wait so thanks to everyone that has shared and continues to share.

Sorry about the refusal. I was refused base on personal assets and financial status. Please how did you order you gcms note.? And how
Much did it cost?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
Congratulations!
Shinningstar001:
God has done it. Timeline below. The request letter was for my original letter of acceptance and I submitted it on November 3. I did not get any acknowledgment email or anything and I got approval notification today. I return all the glory to God. Thanks everyone for your help so far.

I will send my passport and provide an update on that as well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NgumimiT: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:

Sorry about the refusal. I was refused base on personal assets and financial status. Please how did you order you gcms note.? And how
Much did it cost?

I ordered from Just for Canada.
It was $19 which was like 7,400 NGN using my gtb card

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NgumimiT: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
Osemigho:

About your sponsor funds, is it only 6.5 million naira? How much in your sponsor's personal account? Did your sponsor pay your part or full tuition and or transfer money into your account?

My knowledge may be outdated, but I think 6.5 million naira, without scholarship or tuition payment, is too small for canada student visa application. I also think third-party sponsor need to make more financial commitments through fund transfer and or tuition payment.

After you cross your Ts and dot your Is, you still need element of grace for the process. All the best.

We paid tuition for the first semester (8k)
He didn't transfer any funds to my account as it was in a fixed deposit account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tmakins1: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
purespikes:

This is sad. How often does Canada review their travel ban? What is the fate of Nigerian students who are starting school soon? This is so upsetting

i am in the same shoes with you. my school is resuming jan 10th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by username12: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello guys, please, I'm still waiting for your kind responses to the below
username12:
Hello guys, please I need help with my application.
I have done my biometrics enrollment, and I have biometrics number, date of biometrics enrollment and biometrics expiry date showing on my portal, my upfront medical has been passed as well, but the biometrics section of the portal is still showing we need your fingerprints. Is this normal or is there anything I should do about it? The screenshots below is from my portal. I applied through the new portal.

Please assist with your responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tmakins1: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
afrobrown2000:
wow...just like i said book your tickets ASAP the evidence for ban was just too glaring
My wife just got to Canada Early this morning .As a travel Consultant she changed her ticket to Monday Morning (Nigerian Time) to Arrive early Hours of Tuesday Morning (7:45am) via Ethiopian Airline. we where ready for the worst as fully vaccinated she might be forced to quarantine ...etc
But her POE was smooth no much questions asked probably because there was crowd and about to switch shifts, infact she had a long lay over for her connecting flight to her end destination before we heard about the ban...
She was just lucky......

very lucky.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:

Much did it cost?

You can use gcmsonline.com or i can apply for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:
Gurus in the house I just got my refusal letter now. What should do? And how can I go about it.

Who was your sponsor?
Did you include your own bank statement?
Was any payment made towards your tuition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
NgumimiT:

I ordered from Just for Canada.
It was $19 which was like 7,400 NGN using my gtb card
okay thanke

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
Anon123:

Who was your sponsor?
Did you include your own bank statement?
Was any payment made towards your tuition?
my mum was my sponsor with over CAD48k in bank statements.
I also have a partnership business with CAC registration Numbr
I have a job that pays me over N90k monthly.
I didn’t pay any part of tuition fees
I didn’t submit my own bank statements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:
my mum was my sponsor

What level of program are you going for .

The bolded are the red flags
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
Anon123:

What level of program are you going for .

The bolded are the red flags
Hmm� Okay thanks
I applied for advanced program in database $administration cos I’m into Information technology.
It’s a year program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:

Hmm� Okay thanks
I applied for advanced program in database $administration cos I’m into Information technology.
It’s a year program

Without paying your tuition or making a deposit, the VO is in doubt you are financially capable of paying your fees. Furthermore the VO is also in doubt you are capable of taking care of your living expenses since you do not have money readily available to you(Your own bank statement was not included)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fleshofmankind1: 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please is it possible to travel on the 15th after this ban , I booked my ticket already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:
my mum was my sponsor with over CAD48k in bank statements.
I also have a partnership business with CAC registration Numbr
I have a job that pays me over N90k monthly.

The bolded should have stood as your own source of funds if you included your bank statement.

Just including it doesnt mean you are financially capable when theres no funds from your own side to prove it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
Anon123:

Without paying your tuition or making a deposit, the VO is in doubt you are financially capable of paying your fees. Furthermore the VO is also in doubt you are capable of taking care of your living expenses since you do not have money readily available to you(Your own bank statement was not included)
Thanks so much. I need to
Order my gcms to Know the VO specific concerns.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:

Thanks. I need to

Like i said, you can use the third party site or i can apply for you and i charge lesser than what third party sites charge you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
aragbs4real05:

Thanks so much. I need to

Also the reason of paying your tuition or deposit goes a long way to prove your genuine intentions of studying in canada as well as showing you are financially capable of paying your fees throughout the duration of your stay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
Anon123:

Also the reason of paying your tuition or deposit goes a long way to prove your genuine intentions of studying in canada as well as showing you are financially capable of paying your fees throughout the duration of your stay
Okay thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Anon123:

Like i said, you can use the third party site or i can apply for you and i charge lesser than what third party sites charge you
Okay. just for Canada Is $19 and I believe that’s affordable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello aragbs

You already know our custom here after any refusal..

So do the needful and apply for your GCMS notes so we can know how to address and tackle the actual concerns of the Visa Officer as regards your application...

Peace
aragbs4real05:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello Sailing

Are you so much in a hurry to re-apply?
Will working for 6 - 10 months earn you the required amount needed for your studies in Canada?
Are you a self applicant or your brother will be your sponsor?
Is your brother married with Kids?

Your answers will determine how I will advise you as regards your situation..

As regards your proposed course of study, its on point as it relates with your 1st degree course of study...

Peac
SailingSeafarer:

Thank you so much @makano.
I am really working on my SOP to give the best impression it possibly can.
However, I like being clear of safety margins. My SOP is one weapon as you rightly mentioned. But I would like to increase that POF . Normally, this will make me spend some extra months working at sea(to get salaries which would significantly increase my bank status) but you know time is another factor being considered. Working for those extra months would as well mean that I would have to look towards 2023 for my application to fully set in(I want to have my bank statement ready before applying to avoid delays on my side )
So just now, I’m thinking of gift deeds, but to be honest, I don’t know much about how it works.
Can my brother give me gift deeds? If he can, what documents do I have to get from him? How much is the max he can give ? Has gift deeds ever been grounds for refusal?

Note: I studied marine transportation from a university outside Nigeria . I have had some years of practical sea experience as an officer onboard ships .Now I intend to apply for Masters in Maritime studies in Memorial university

Please I will appreciate some inputs ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
Pls can anyone answer to this
username12:
I have done my biometrics enrollment, and I have biometrics number, date of biometrics enrollment and biometrics expiry date showing on my portal, my upfront medical has been passed as well, but the biometrics section of the portal is still showing we need your fingerprints. Is this normal or is there anything I should do about it? The screenshots below is from my portal. I applied through the new portal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
Guess you are late here bro...

We are already and always informed here..

Peace
Canadaisbless:
Anyone coming to Toronto Canada �� as a student. Be fast with it because Canada is having travel restrictions soon again for students due to the new virus. Thanks and success as you make ur move for success. More update

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onlinedoctor: 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
I did mine on November 29 and showing completed although I can't remember seeing expired date for biometrics
username12:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oviebright: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
tmakins1:

i am in the same shoes with you. my school is resuming jan 10th
I guess Algonquin college? If it's Algonquin I'd like to get in touch with you. As I've also paid my tution and intend applying come January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
kennyjoy:

You click on the moniker again. That will make it twice

Alright thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
Jay316:
u cant rebook online ooo.u have to go to their office

Hello bro I sent u mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
Click on the moniker and you will see the attached message.

God bless you. I got it now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.