Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852879 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
Aissy:
PPR alert ooh
I am in the market shouting with my mother and aunty, when I get home I will drop timeline oh. I can’t stop screaming

Congratulation smiley grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
Congratulations

Aissy:
PPR alert ooh
I am in the market shouting with my mother and aunty, when I get home I will drop timeline oh. I can’t stop screaming

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2021
Aissy:
PPR alert ooh

I can imagine the feeling cheesy
Congratulations
I celebrate and rejoice with you
Mine is on the way soon smiley

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by desertboom(m): 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
viviangogos:
Firstly, you need to know what course you want to go for that will be in line with either academics or career progression.
This link may help you get through with the selection too.
http://w05.educanada.ca/index.aspx?action=programsearch-rechercheprogramme&lang=eng

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Aissy:
PPR alert ooh
Congratulations to you dear..

I tap in to this blessing ohhh! wink

Lemme start tapping and claiming my own Blessings!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bunmijab:

I can imagine the feeling cheesy
Congratulations
I celebrate and rejoice with you
Mine is on the way soon smiley
Amen bro!!!

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dolly91:

Lol I’m a lady. Anyways, because of the chargeback I had, immigration put my application on hold thinking I hadn’t paid my application fees but they didn’t still inform me when they found out so they just kept it aside. Thank God for the MP I reached out that made me know on time

Hi Dolly9,

Please for how long have u submitted
I also don't know if I should reach my MP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Febisola007: 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hello I just pm you

Dolly91:
ITS PPR GUYS!!!

Timeline
Application submitted: June 5th 2021
Biometrics: June 9th 2021
Eligibility started: September 23rd
Procedural fairness: November 18
BVL AND PPR: December 8

My application was put on hold since September.
It’s been God honestly. I found out about the chargeback through an MP of my province. I came here to tell everyone and people said I was even lucky to have found out earlier. I found out on the 8th of November. I sent an explanation and paid only for me to receive the letter on the 18th. Omo I couldn’t even cry. I was just devastated. I reached out to @IAMTHEGBEMISOLA after reading how he tackled his own and got his approval. Special thanks to him and today I finally got min.

Documents submitted:
Landed properties of my sponsor
Bank statements
Birth certificates and passport data pages of my family

Personal documents:
University transcript and certificate
Nysc Certificate
Letter of acceptance
Birth certificate

I can’t even remember the rest as the agent was the one who submitted the application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by saucekid50: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
HELLO GUYS
PLEASE CANA I USE STATEMENT OF RESULT FOR MASTERS ADMISSION APPLICATION.?

ALSO, IS PASSPORT REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenn55: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor a sibling who just got admission in Canada. How does the student visa processing work?

Since I'll be the one paying all expenses, I guess I should be the one sending my account statements for visa application?

She doesn't have any money so there would be no need sending her own account statement.
Please how does visa processing work with someone who is going to be sponsored 100% by a sibling?
And is it better to use agent for student visas or apply directly? Thanks you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dolly91:
ITS PPR GUYS!!!

Timeline
Application submitted: June 5th 2021
Biometrics: June 9th 2021
Eligibility started: September 23rd
Procedural fairness: November 18
BVL AND PPR: December 8

My application was put on hold since September.
It’s been God honestly. I found out about the chargeback through an MP of my province. I came here to tell everyone and people said I was even lucky to have found out earlier. I found out on the 8th of November. I sent an explanation and paid only for me to receive the letter on the 18th. Omo I couldn’t even cry. I was just devastated. I reached out to @IAMTHEGBEMISOLA after reading how he tackled his own and got his approval. Special thanks to him and today I finally got min.

Documents submitted:
Landed properties of my sponsor
Bank statements
Birth certificates and passport data pages of my family

Personal documents:
University transcript and certificate
Nysc Certificate
Letter of acceptance
Birth certificate

I can’t even remember the rest as the agent was the one who submitted the application.

Wow
Congratulations
I'm just seeing this
Really Happy for you grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dolly91: 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bunmijab:

Hi Dolly9,

Please for how long have u submitted
I also don't know if I should reach my MP

I applied June 5th and got my ppr yesterday. It way way over processing time. If your application have passed normal processing time, I’d advise you reach out to an mp

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dolly91: 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bunmijab:

Wow
Congratulations
I'm just seeing this
Really Happy for you grin

Thank youu

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Kenn55:
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor a sibling who just got admission in Canada. How does the student visa processing work?

Since I'll be the one paying all expenses, I guess I should be the one sending my account statements for visa application?

She doesn't have any money so there would be no need sending her own account statement.
Please how does visa processing work with someone who is going to be sponsored 100% by a sibling?
And is it better to use agent for student visas or apply directly? Thanks you all

Hello,

Like we normally advice people here, do your application yourself. There are so many information you can get here that would guide you and also you can ask as many questions you want here there are people here that would answer.

I'll say u first start by going through the links and info on the first page of this thread and also previous threads

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olumidestella: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
Okay
Thanks
Dolly91:

Lol I’m a lady. Anyways, because of the chargeback I had, immigration put my application on hold thinking I hadn’t paid my application fees but they didn’t still inform me when they found out so they just kept it aside. Thank God for the MP I reached out that made me know on time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
saucekid50:
HELLO GUYS
PLEASE CANA I USE STATEMENT OF RESULT FOR MASTERS ADMISSION APPLICATION.?

ALSO, IS PASSPORT REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.?
It depends on the school you're applying for... Some schools might agree to just Statement, some might need your Original School Certificate too. So contact your school to be sure.

And your International Passport is extremely important for admission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
No one has traveled because it’s not 14 days after the news got out sef.

So keep calm.
You can travel to your choice country now and start counting your 14days…

Regards.
Bunmijab:
Hello everyone,

Please has anyone here recently traveled?
I mean those that wants to go through other countries

Kindly share your experience please
Edakun
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
Kenn55:
Hi guys,

Good day..

Tell your sibling to be the one to come here and gain the information and ask question.

All relevant information you need is on this thread. You just have to read from the page 1 till this point to gather the information you will need.

You are also free to ask questions and gurus will respond with answers.

Do not use an agent because they will eat you alive. They might give you false information as regards the application.

The procedure is simple.. Google schools(University or college), look for coursers related to her work experience or interests but you need to have had experience in such area. Before applying for admission, ensure you familiarise yourself with the schools refund policy.

After gaining admission, as the sponsor, you need to show commitment towards your intentions of sponsoring your sibling by paying a part of the fees or full fees. It is important your sibling includes her own bank statement(housing at least $10,000cad) otherwise, its a red flag. You can get relevant requirements for visa here by reading the thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
Congrats… Don’t over shout in market ooo, Too many village people there grin

May the land favor you
Aissy:
PPR alert ooh

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2021
Everything you need is on this forum.
You can do yourself a favor to start reading the thread from page 1.

AVOID AGENTS…
(1) Since you want to sponsor your sibling, What’s your worth ?
(2) Do you have His or Her full fees in your account?
(3) Do you have $13,000 CAD for his or her cost of living ?
(4) Do you have more funds in your account after taking 2 and 3 out ?
(5) Are you married with kids ?
(6) Are you using your personal account or company account ?

Answer few questions below for support lines but please read this thread from Page 1. You don’t need Agent.
Kenn55:
Hi guys,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
You will pay online using your card for the covid test.
For me I found an agent that does mobile money in Accra. I gave him the money in naira then I received cash through mobile money. Here in Accra they use mobile money alot including hotel payments. I get to save alot money that way. It easy for me to navigate in Accra and easily save cost because I schooled here for my BSC.

Mikkieshow:
Hello Henriie,

I am also going through ACcra, did you change your currency to cedi before leaving Nigeria? For the covid test at the airport, what is the mode of payment?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
The link for health declaration form to fill before you fly to Accra or when you arrive

https://www.ghs-hdf.org/hdf/fill.php?l=en

Below the link to pay for covid test before arriving Accra. You have to pay before you check-in. They might ask you for proof of payment before check-in. I was asked.

https://myfrontierhealthcare.com/Home/Ghana

Henriie:
You will pay online using your card for the covid test.
For me I found an agent that does mobile money in Accra. I gave him the money in naira then I received cash through mobile money. Here in Accra they use mobile money alot including hotel payments. I get to save alot money that way. It easy for me to navigate in Accra and easily save cost because I schooled here for my BSC.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
Very expensive indeed. I advice people to carry lots of money.
And we are complaining in naija�

dharmiiee:
Hello,

I am currently isolating in Ghana. We came in on Monday and so far Ghana has been nice to us. But if u are coming have enough money, Ghana is expensive. We hope to leave on the 22nd to Vancouver. Would keep u guys updated on our journey.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ekulu77: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Please can you share the email format you sent to the mp
Dolly91:

I applied June 5th and got my ppr yesterday. It way way over processing time. If your application have passed normal processing time, I’d advise you reach out to an mp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BabajhideySammy: 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hi, I’ve seen people here talk about reaching out to an MP, can someone please tell me how to go about that. Do I just google MP in the province I’m going to? For example, I’m going to Oshawa, do I google MP in Oshawa or how please? I need to reach out to one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Seyioso: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hello house, I’m new here and I need all the help I can get. Just got my admission in a university in Canada and I’m looking to process my study permit myself ? Is that advisable or should I go through an agent ?
Also what are the things I’ll need to get if I’m going to apply myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
Seyioso:
Hello house, I’m new here and I need all the help I can get. Just got my admission in a university in Canada and I’m looking to process my study permit myself ? Is that advisable or should I go through an agent ?
Also what are the things I’ll need to get if I’m going to apply myself.

You can get all the resources you need from here, you just have to read from the first page, then ask specific questions on areas you do not understand and lastly follow the thread as it progresses.

all the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenn55: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bunmijab:

Hello,

Like we normally advice people here, do your application yourself. There are so many information you can get here that would guide you and also you can ask as many questions you want here there are people here that would answer.

I'll say u first start by going through the links and info on the first page of this thread and also previous threads

Best of luck

Thank you. I have gone through the links and it was helpful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenn55: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Anon123:

Good day..

Tell your sibling to be the one to come here and gain the information and ask question.

All relevant information you need is on this thread. You just have to read from the page 1 till this point to gather the information you will need.

You are also free to ask questions and gurus will respond with answers.

Do not use an agent because they will eat you alive. They might give you false information as regards the application.

The procedure is simple.. Google schools(University or college), look for coursers related to her work experience or interests but you need to have had experience in such area. Before applying for admission, ensure you familiarise yourself with the schools refund policy.

After gaining admission, as the sponsor, you need to show commitment towards your intentions of sponsoring your sibling by paying a part of the fees or full fees. It is important your sibling includes her own bank statement(housing at least $10,000cad) otherwise, its a red flag. You can get relevant requirements for visa here by reading the thread.

Thank you very much. I have read the first pages and link ,it was helpful.
Now, the money is not the problem. What I worry about is that she is not working and so she is not earning income.

I will pay the school fees upfront. Do you think I should put her living expenses say 12kcad in her account? Or use my own account instead?

Secondly another worry which I need suggestion is about home ties. I, the sponsor and my other siblings already live in Canada. She is our last born and she is not working at the moment. How do we present home ties with siblings in Canada and she not working in Nigeria, any suggestion? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenn55: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
Scott99tish:
Everything you need is on this forum.
You can do yourself a favor to start reading the thread from page 1.

AVOID AGENTS…
(1) Since you want to sponsor your sibling, What’s your worth ?
(2) Do you have His or Her full fees in your account?
(3) Do you have $13,000 CAD for his or her cost of living ?
(4) Do you have more funds in your account after taking 2 and 3 out ?
(5) Are you married with kids ?
(6) Are you using your personal account or company account ?

Answer few questions below for support lines but please read this thread from Page 1. You don’t need Agent.

Thanks.

To your questions. Money is not an issue
I'm married with kids
I'm using personal account

Another info you need to know is that I and my other siblings reside in Canada. She is our last born in Nigeria and not working at the moment. Do you know how we can overcome the home tie challenge?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DamilareOla: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hello House,

I received a mail and a call from the CA Embassy, Lagos to resend my sponsor's statement that was attached when I submitted. I have sent the statement as of when I submitted the application and the statement as of today.

Just noticed my eligibility has started today.

Does this mean that the Background check is been concluded??

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DamilareOla: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
Congratulations.

Aissy:
PPR alert ooh

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.