Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (859959 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hello efizy

You can use your Naira MasterCard as many banks have increased their Limits above 100USD..

I know of GTbank and Access who have increased theirs to 300USD, and some other banks which I may not know of..

So get any of these Bank's Cards and make your payment yourslef, do not use an agent to make payment to avoid Chargeback later...

Peace
efizyhenchmen:
Please, Nairalanders, how do I pay for my tuition fees considering the fact that the bank restrictions of #100 USD a month? Which other channel did you used in making your payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
Please I have some questions I want to send my passport on Monday
1. Which is the consent form? Because everything for my biometric is those long slips of paper, appointment letter and the scanned data page of my passport that was stamped that day.
2. How do I pay for the transmission fee? Plus the agent I used now is telling me it’s 16,800 and that I have to travel to Abuja to do it
3. Biko please I really need answers
Andytheo:
Congratulations @Aissy.

Indeed, it has ended in praise.

To send your passport to Abuja, you'll need to use a courier service (DHL or UPS).

Attach your Passport, Passport request letter, 2 photocopies of your passport bio-data page, biometrics slip, consent letter you got during biometrics, pay for the courier (DHL two-way service is around #9,400). You won't need to pay money to VFS Abuja since you did your biometrics there. Also, write your name, address and phone number on an A4 paper.

Add these in an envelope then send through the courier, they'll send the documents to VFS Abuja and also deliver it to you when it's stamped.

VFS Abuja address:
3rd Floor, Plot, Sterling Bank Plaza, 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Please who has sent their passport to VFS recently?
Please what is the exact fee and how do I pay it oh
Because I am hearing different things
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
I booked the ticket through wakanow. You can check for hotels on booking.com

Flight ticket cost and hotel and feeding cost. You can check online . Security fee of $20 each at Banjul airport on arrival and departure
mspearlz:

Please how much did you have to spend in Gambia, before leaving to canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2021
I was also issued a study permit on arrival in Canada. The border official asked for my travel documents, proof of tuition payment, offer letter, letter of enrollment. He asked me to even login to my school portal.
Madeincanada:
I have a study visa. I flew from Nigeria to The Gambia. This is my first travel to Canada. I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olumidestella: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good afternoon
Hope we are all doing fine

Please how can someone easily know which country is processing his or her student visa.

I really need to start sending Webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
Just direct him naaa.
He or she want to pay school fees.

PLEASE USE FORM A

Anon123:

If you can't pay. I can pay for you but at a rate of N470-$1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TETTTI: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good day Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am a newly admitted Master's Student in Northeastern University, Toronto.

Please I need your help on accomodation, I am fully vaccinated and plan to come in January praying � that the ban would have been lifted.

I practically sleep and wake up on Kijiji and Facebook Marketplace but I found out that most of the requirements is to either be an Indian or to be physically present.

Please I need a room in North York, Etobicoke, Mississauga or anywhere within about 1hr drive from Toronto city centre where the school is located.

Please help a brother�, I don't want to waste money on hotel or Airbnb.

PLEASE HELP ME POST THIS REQUST IN YOUR COMMUNITY OR RELIGIOUS WHASSAP PLATFORMS. YOU CAN DM ME FOR ANY CONFIRMATORY DOCUMENTS YOU WANT.

Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Aissy:
Please I have some questions I want to send my passport on Monday
1. Which is the consent form? Because everything for my biometric is those long slips of paper, appointment letter and the scanned data page of my passport that was stamped that day.
2. How do I pay for the transmission fee? Plus the agent I used now is telling me it’s 16,800 and that I have to travel to Abuja to do it
3. Biko please I really need answers

1. The consent form is a form you were asked to fill when you did your biometrics at VFS Abuja. You need to attach the long slip as well.

2. You can pay the transmission fee when you get to the courier office. Your agent is wrong. You shouldn't travel to Abuja. Just go to DHL or UPS office in Benin, they do all the delivery.

3. About the transmission fee, I just confirmed, I paid DHL #13,800 to send my documents from Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Direct him on how he can do it....

Its a thing he can do himself..

Most banks have increased their limit, banks lilke GTbank, Access e.t.c...

So he can make use of any of these Bank's Mastercard to make the payment successfully..

Peace
Anon123:

If you can't pay. I can pay for you but at a rate of N470-$1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
makano:
Direct him on how he can do it....

Its a thing he can do himself..

Most banks have increased their limit, banks lilke GTbank, Access e.t.c...

So he can make use of any of these Bank's Mastercard to make the payment successfully..

Peace

Apologies for that..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
Scott99tish:
Just direct him naaa.
He or she want to pay school fees.

PLEASE USE FORM A

Understood.

My apologies for that

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Thank you very much
A friend sent me the consent form so I will print it out and fill it and include it with other documents.
I will go to the DHL office here in Benin to ask them how much ?
I did my biometrics in Abuja so I want to send it there too
Andytheo:

1. The consent form is a form you were asked to fill when you did your biometrics at VFS Abuja. You need to attach the long slip as well.

2. You can pay the transmission fee when you get to the courier office. Your agent is wrong. You shouldn't travel to Abuja. Just go to DHL or UPS office in Benin, they do all the delivery.

3. About the transmission fee, I just confirmed, I paid DHL #13,800 to send my documents from Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DamilareOla: 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
I believe!!!

I initially submitted the scanned copy. But this time around, I sent them the E-statement with the Password to access it.

God sees to it.
It will end in praise.

buchito1:
I think this is a good sign!!! PPR is knocking soonest. Congratulations! cheesy

Did you submit MBS? Or scanned copy of Account statement?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gascoigne462: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2021
Please what happens if you did not have to make tuition payment before getting visa approval or made tuition deposit and not the whole amount before getting visa. What will you show when they ask for proof of tuition payment?

Madeincanada:
I was also issued a study permit on arrival in Canada. The border official asked for my travel documents, proof of tuition payment, offer letter, letter of enrollment. He asked me to even login to my school portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hello Katehasty

This is simple to read and straightforward

According to what I am seeing in your notes, the Visa Officer feels your course of study is not in any way related to your work experience, neither is it related to your 1st degree... So to them you just wanna japa without having any intention to study since you didn't show Career progression with your application.

Also the Visa Officer feels your sponsor, who is your brother is not capable to sponsor you cos your school fees alone would dry up his account, meaning their wont be provision for your Living expenses, miscellaneous and also his dependents... They do not feel you will have access to any funds for the sustainability of your stay in Canada...

Make sure you work on all these before you re-apply.. Chose a degree higher than your 1st degree and also a course related to your Work experience if you have graduated for more than 5 years and a course related to your 1st degree if you have graduated less than 5 years..

Peace
Katehasty:
Good morning my nairaland family And gurus in the house …my notes just came in
See the attached below
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Patricknetter: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
Pls ooo
Has anyone here tried or hv already booked Ethiopian airline from Ghana to canada

Pls I need an answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
Andytheo:

Good afternoon, please vfs said my passport is ready and picked up by courier but DHL says they have not picked it up for it was not part of those in the box room. Please I need help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenn55: 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
makano:
Hello Kenn

I will ask some questions to know how to further advise you....

Is she a Minor?
What year did she get a 1st degree?
Since you said she doesn't have a job, what has she been doing since she graduated?
Are your parents also in Canada or in Nigeria?

Peace

She graduated 5 years ago and now 28 years of age. Over the years she graduated unfortunately she hasn't done any meaningful professional job just private school teaching which she stopped 2 years ago to focus on ACCA certification.
My parents are in Nigeria but they have Canada visas and visit frequently pre pandemic.
How do we convince the visa officers that she will come back when siblings in Canada are citizens and PRs and parents have access to Canada and she doesn't have a job and business in Nigeria?
But I need to get her out of Nigeria fast. Please anyone who has been in this position should advise me ooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
Bobomaigida:

Hi Kate,

The notes are quite detailed so you now know were to tackle, so what course are proposing to go and study? From the note it is different from your experience and what you have been doing in the intervening years.

How much did your bro show is his statement, did he state how much he will be contributing to your pursuit? Does he have dependents that rely on him as well.

You need to work on the course you are going to study
Marry it with your experience
Show that your bro has funds available to take care on himself and his dependents

Wait for the house to chip too
Thank you …I actually study health related course but not really seeing much health related course on Conestoga this is really tiring
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
makano:
Hello Katehasty

This is simple to read and straightforward

According to what I am seeing in your notes, the Visa Officer feels your course of study is not in any way related to your work experience, neither is it related to your 1st degree... So to them you just wanna japa without having any intention to study since you didn't show Career progression with your application.

Also the Visa Officer feels your sponsor, who is your brother is not capable to sponsor you cos your school fees alone would dry up his account, meaning their wont be provision for your Living expenses, miscellaneous and also his dependents... They do not feel you will have access to any funds for the sustainability of your stay in Canada...

Make sure you work on all these before you re-apply.. Chose a degree higher than your 1st degree and also a course related to your Work experience if you have graduated for more than 5 years and a course related to your 1st degree if you have graduated less than 5 years..

Peace
Thanks you so much …/I actually study anatomy as my first degree and now I can’t see any course on Conestoga relating to this or any health stuff …pls I don’t no if u hv an idea of a health course on Conestoga
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kenn55:

She graduated 5 years ago and now 28 years of age. Over the years she graduated unfortunately she hasn't done any meaningful professional job just private school teaching which she stopped 2 years ago to focus on ACCA certification.
My parents are in Nigeria but they have Canada visas and visit frequently pre pandemic.
How do we convince the visa officers that she will come back when siblings in Canada are citizens and PRs and parents have access to Canada and she doesn't have a job and business in Nigeria?
But I need to get her out of Nigeria fast. Please anyone who has been in this position should advise me ooo.

The process will be tedious because a lot has to be put in place before you apply for the VISA.

You will need to work on that work experience. You have to show she is working presently with employment docs.

You will need to work on her account details by funding her account for a period of 4 or 6months. Her account details has to be included since she graduated since 5yrs. I will also advise the full first year tuition paid to show genuine commitment towards study intentions.

The bolded is not really a problem as it shows she has accommodation and other relevant necessities to stay in canada available to her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Katehasty:
Good morning my nairaland family And gurus in the house …my notes just came in
See the attached below

Hello Katehasty,

If you are a mature applicant with vast work experience in health or a related field, go for something closely related. IF you are intending to switch your career at this time, especially with insufficient funds and weak financial demonstration, don't. You should consider dropping your profile so people can be able to accurately contribute to your post.

If possible, get your sibling to up his funds likewise including your POF to justify that you are a gainful earner. If you can raise your tuition fees (pay it) and you can come in as a cosponsor, esp if you still have about CAD 10,000 as your sitting balance. You can also consider bringing your parents into the (co-)sponsorship picture if possible.

You should consider:

√ changing your program if it does not correlate with any of your justifiable experience. If it does, work on the prospect plan for the study, intent to study, the importance of the study aimed at expressing the genuineness as a temporary resident.

It is good that many applicants try to justify the genuineness to study, but somehow in the process, lose focus to understand that the overall information of the essay is the determination adopted by the officer to conclude on the genuineness of an application.

Remove emotion and apply critical logic, you will have a perfect essay that justifies your reason for wanting to study the program of choice in Canada. For the ease of justification, that is why a study that demonstrates progression is the way to go.

√ Get your sponsor to up his funds to about CAD 30,000 after tuition and LE.

√ Include your savings bank account statement.

√ Pay part or full first-year tuition.

Best of Luck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by samaig: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
Dolly91:
ITS PPR GUYS!!!

Timeline
Application submitted: June 5th 2021
Biometrics: June 9th 2021
Eligibility started: September 23rd
Procedural fairness: November 18
BVL AND PPR: December 8

My application was put on hold since September.
It’s been God honestly. I found out about the chargeback through an MP of my province. I came here to tell everyone and people said I was even lucky to have found out earlier. I found out on the 8th of November. I sent an explanation and paid only for me to receive the letter on the 18th. Omo I couldn’t even cry. I was just devastated. I reached out to @IAMTHEGBEMISOLA after reading how he tackled his own and got his approval. Special thanks to him and today I finally got min.

Documents submitted:
Landed properties of my sponsor
Bank statements
Birth certificates and passport data pages of my family

Personal documents:
University transcript and certificate

Nysc Certificate
Letter of acceptance
Birth certificate

I can’t even remember the rest as the agent was the one who submitted the application.

HOW DID YOU CONTACT YOUR MP OF YOUR PROVINCE, AM IN THESAME SITUATION OOO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Atoasti: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
efizyhenchmen:
Please, Nairalanders, how do I pay for my tuition fees considering the fact that the bank restrictions of #100 USD a month? Which other channel did you used in making your payment?
Go to your bank and pay using Form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
Aissy:
Thank you very much
A friend sent me the consent form so I will print it out and fill it and include it with other documents.
I will go to the DHL office here in Benin to ask them how much ?
I did my biometrics in Abuja so I want to send it there too
I just left the DHLoffice in the Benin, they said two way carrier is 16200 to VFS in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
Pls is health care administration and service management a health course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Svelte98(f): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
ray007bu:

Quarantine is for 14 days, so you should show a plan that covers 14 days. Safest option is Airbnb (where you would inform them that you are already fully vaccinated and you would need a refund on arrival) or hotel or even your school to assist you with a quarantine plan
Hello, please I sent you a DM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mspearlz: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Aissy:
I just left the DHLoffice in the Benin, they said two way carrier is 16200 to VFS in Abuja
I think I paid about 12,000 naira as I asked them to remove the insurance on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Atoasti: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Aissy:
Please who has sent their passport to VFS recently?
Please what is the exact fee and how do I pay it oh
Because I am hearing different things
Sent mine 2 weeks ago.
If you did your biometrics with them you will just pay the courier service for the return. It still depends on your location. I paid N1900. I stay in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Katehasty,

If you are a mature applicant with vast work experience in health or a related field, go for something closely related. IF you are intending to switch your career at this time, especially with insufficient funds and weak financial demonstration, don't. You should consider dropping your profile so people can be able to accurately contribute to your post.

If possible, get your sibling to up his funds likewise including your POF to justify that you are a gainful earner. If you can raise your tuition fees (pay it) and you can come in as a cosponsor, esp if you still have about CAD 10,000 as your sitting balance. You can also consider bringing your parents into the (co-)sponsorship picture if possible.

You should consider:

√ changing your program if it does not correlate with any of your justifiable experience. If it does, work on the prospect plan for the study, intent to study, the importance of the study aimed at expressing the genuineness as a temporary resident.

It is good that many applicants try to justify the genuineness to study, but somehow in the process, lose focus to understand that the overall information of the essay is the determination adopted by the officer to conclude on the genuineness of an application.

Remove emotion and apply critical logic, you will have a perfect essay that justifies your reason for wanting to study the program of choice in Canada. For the ease of justification, that is why a study that demonstrates progression is the way to go.

√ Get your sponsor to up his funds to about CAD 30,000 after tuition and LE.

√ Include your savings bank account statement.

√ Pay part or full first-year tuition.

Best of Luck
Thank you so much i really appreciate this
Please is health care administration and service management a health course
Secondly I have about 6million in my Acc also to back up the pof will this work
Thirdly have paid my first term tuition fee it only remain 1700 cad to Bal up out of 9800
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mspearlz: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
Madeincanada:
I booked the ticket through wakanow. You can check for hotels on booking.com

Flight ticket cost and hotel and feeding cost. You can check online . Security fee of $20 each at Banjul airport on arrival and departure
Thanks for your response, please do you mind dropping you email, so as to get more info to help me out. 300pearlz@gmail.com. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.