Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860228 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
Olanrae:
Hi everyone

I want to share what is going on with my admission
My school made mistakes on my transcript
So I uploaded without noticing
The school reached out saying they noticed the year on my 400L is 2017/2018 instead of 2019/2020, So they wanted me to upload a new one. So I used that opportunity to go through the transcript.
I saw they inputed the wrong grades too
But the school no fit know that one
So I told crescent to correct the year for 400L and also correct the grades. I sha uploaded a new one
Now the school reached out saying they noticed some discrepancies such as change of grades by comparing my old transcript with the new one i uploaded.
They sent a mail saying they need my official transcript sent to them by my school.
They have sha sent it

N.B: I finished with a CGPA of 4.44 in Economics and I’m applying to Concordia university for M.A economics.

Do you guys think I still have a chance with this whole transcript issue

Hello Olanrae,

If the updated official transcript is received directly from your school and verified to be legitimate, there will be no issue for the DLI to consider you for admission if you meet the admission requirements.

If this falls out of the circle, you may risk a ban to that DLI and other DLIs they share academic information with.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MARINA49: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening house , I've been offered post grad. Certificate admission in Conestoga college for spring 2022. I am preparing to apply for visa ,but the issue is that I took IELTS in other to speed up my application processing , however the result wasn't good enough. I got 6. 5 band overall but 5.5 in listen ing and reading . Should I include the result in my application or ignore it ? I think it could limit my chances. Waiting for your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Katehasty:

Thank you so much i really appreciate this
Please is health care administration and service management a health course
Secondly I have about 6million in my Acc also to back up the pof will this work
Thirdly have paid my first term tuition fee it only remain 1700 cad to Bal up out of 9800

If your prospective study correlates with your work experience, work on completing your tuition payment. If you can maintain the balance of the said NGN 6m or can up it to NGN 7m and after setting aside your LE or opening a GIC, you can act as a self-sponsored applicant. If your sibling is still willing to support you financially, get a support letter from him and ensure that instead of receiving the money as a lump sum to your account, use it to set up a GIC.

n.b. Ensure that there are no unjustified large funds and include your paystubs, study leave letter and remember to demonstrate the lucrativeness and reliability of your source of income.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
I have exactly same application profile.Kindly check ur msg
slimberry16:
Good Morning guys, Pls i need some advice. My GCMS notes arrived last month after getting medical requests tho i had applied for gcms notes prior to getting the medical request. Now the issue is eligibility started on October 20, the same day i got my medical request but on the gcms notes it says recommend interview. pls what does this mean? i have attached a copy of the gcms notes and my timeline. Gurus pls help me out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
MARINA49:
Good evening house , I've been offered post grad. Certificate admission in Conestoga college for spring 2022. I am preparing to apply for visa ,but the issue is that I took IELTS in other to speed up my application processing , however the result wasn't good enough. I got 6. 5 band overall but 5.5 in listen ing and reading . Should I include the result in my application or ignore it ? I think it could limit my chances. Waiting for your responses.

Hello MARINA49,

I believe English is your country's first language?! If it is, it makes no difference if you include it or not. Since you have it, include it if you feel like it.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sirkazeem: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
anybody from may still here?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by donmyzy(m): 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
Atoasti:

Sent mine 2 weeks ago.
If you did your biometrics with them you will just pay the courier service for the return. It still depends on your location. I paid N1900. I stay in Lagos.
Hi, have you gotten your passport back? and how long did it take for you to receive a tracking number from vfs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kenn55:

Thanks.

To your questions. Money is not an issue
I'm married with kids
I'm using personal account

Another info you need to know is that I and my other siblings reside in Canada. She is our last born in Nigeria and not working at the moment. Do you know how we can overcome the home tie challenge?

Hello Kenn55,

You have to reveal more information about the concerned sibling i.e. age, skills, educational or experience background, extracurricular activities, under a guardian or parental care, etc.

Also, who will be sponsoring or will it be a joint sponsorship?

This will allow people to share helpful insights.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MARINA49: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
sure English.Thank you very much .

Hello MARINA49,

I believe English is your country's first language?! If it is, it makes no difference if you include it or not. Since you have it, include it if you feel like it.

Best of Luck

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Atoasti: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
donmyzy:

Hi, have you gotten your passport back? and how long did it take for you to receive a tracking number from vfs.
Yes we have our passports back. It was for me and my family (of 5). VFS Lagos delayed but the Abuja office is very efficient. Lagos delayed for like 1 week but as soon as it left Lagos the updates were very fast and we got it back in 1 week. Give it max 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
JORDAN55:
Hello people,

My brother entered the PR pool in august 2021 , he however wants to use the study route to come to canada in May 2022. He has secured masters admission and is at the point of applying for his study visa. However he has 2 issues:

1. He put on his PR application that he has been working as a “Training administrator” at the family company. However, the course he’s going for is finance related and because of the fact that approval is dependent upon if the course relates to your career path or if it is something you studied, he filled in his sop that he is an investment analyst( he actually started branching out into this a few months back).

I would like to know if it’d be reasonable to fill it on his form that he’s currently an investment analyst without raising any eyebrows from the visa officer as to whether he’s lying about it.

2. He is considering taking down his PR profile because he’s scared that it’d affect his chances of getting approved because of home ties. I would like people who have been in this dilemma to advice please

I would like the house to please advise on the above. I would appreciate any takes and inputs!

@frankrobbn1 @justmellow @lekiboboe

Hello JORDAN55,

It is very obvious that his employment information is cooked up and it is a sin to declare false employment information, especially when it involves the EE route.

No matter what, he should stick with his already declared employment information in his EE profile, even if it takes longer than imagined for a draw to happen and the application finalized.

If he suddenly changes his employment title or position, he will not be meeting the eligibility of his selected NOC code and could get a query for a false declaration. If this is me, I will never withdraw an EE profile if the CRS score is high because of a study permit application unless it is critical to do so.

The way forward is for him to turn down the admission and apply to programs that correlate with his actual declared employment experience.

Even a bulletproof SOP won't be able to stop the officer's kill-shot bullet. He should do the right thing. Check my Nairaland profile on his behalf to see how to get a well-written SOP after the needful has been done.

Best of Luck (to your brother)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by heydamiejay: 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
hello house you know i came to complain i have not been able to access my gckey account for over a week ,and the phone that has the new email i used to apply got bad ,so i dont een have access to my mail but i finally today i was able to access my gckey account ans its ppr guys it came on the 7th .the Lord did it .I will send my time line soon please bear with me

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2021
heydamiejay:
hello house you know i came to complain i have not been able to access my gckey account for over a week ,and the phone that has the new email i used to apply got bad ,so i dont een have access to my mail but i finally today i was able to access my gckey account ans its ppr guys it came on the 7th .the Lord did it .I will send my time line soon please bear with me
Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Innunique:
A very good buddy whom I got to assist in filling his application from this thread has gotten his PPR. He is self sponsored, never travelled before applicant.
Read through this thread and offered to help him in his application when it came up about him wanting to apply.
The first hurdle to cross was that he finished with a very poor result in E.E from one of the Nigerian unis; His grade was "PASS". that's the least grade of Nigeria University system.
He has been Into business right from school; ICT product sales and services and finished schooling in 2015.
We Started applying to schools since April, Diploma in Computer Systems Technician and Graduate Diploma in MBA, applied to 5 schools and when the feedbacks on admission started coming in they kept declining him stating that his results were too poor and he was over qualified at the same time for the diploma degree he was applying for. Durham College, George Brown College, Centennial college, Humber college and MUN.
But in the end Humber College and Centennial offered him admission. Centennial was a conditional admission while Humber was a full admission that didn't require a fees payment. So he went with Humber.
He Booked an upfront medical in July and got a September date.
Contacted Justmellow for him, to write his SOP, which he did a very good job with a strong worded 2pages, citing his strength considering his unique state of application.
Documents were gathered and by September after the medical appointment, application was opened and submitted.
The Rest was committed Into the Hands of Abba Father and he perfected all that concerned the application.

-Letter of Acceptance
-University Certificate
-WES Assessment (used in place of his Transcript as Justmellow advised he doesn't use it because of the poor grades init, so since he had a WES Assessment which he had done earlier, he used it in place of the transcript).
-Letter of English Proficiency from his Uni since he didn't want to write IELTS.
-NYSC Certificate
-WAEC Certificate
-School Leaving Certificate/Testimonial
- Advance Diploma in Desktop Publishing Certificate from a computer college he attended years back.
Certificate of Honourable Mention from his Departmental Association back in Uni
- B.Engr Graduation Picture

*Client Info*
-Study Plan( SOP)
-Resume
-Birth Certificate
-Family's Photography
-Family's Birth Certificates & Identifications
-Landed Property/Assets
-Letter of Administration of Late Father's properties
-Pictures of ongoing building renovation Project
-Pictures of House been built inherited as First Son.
-NGO Letter of Recommendation
-NGO outreach pictures
Religious Activities/Association Membership
-Certificate of Membership
-Award
-Group pictures

*POF*
-State of Account (USD) 1yr MBS about 40k plus or there about.
-Statement of Account(₦) 1yrs MBS, closing balance of 50k plus or there about but transaction history of over 160m plus...
- 3 CAC Business Registration Document of his companies.
-His Business Card
-Student Tuition Fee invoice (which he later paid in October and sent an email on it).

God did it for him! Best of luck to everyone else seeking PPR, God will see each and everyone through. All you need is in this thread.

Hello Innunique,

Big congratulations to your friend. Thank you for this positive review. I have always put a lot of commitment into these things I do like it is mine. Honestly, I feel very thankful and appreciative to read that I wrote an SOP that saved an immigration dream. This review gives room for me to improve even more. Thank you again for this motivation.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Congratulation

heydamiejay:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
klintino:
It has ended in Praise. God did it for me and I am eternally grateful.
Application Info
Submitted May 14
Biometrics May 19
Medical updated to Pass May 20
BVL December 2
PPR December 2

Highest qualification: Master’s degree
Institution: Conestoga College – Post Graduate Certificate

I completed my application with all the tips from Nairaland. Special thanks to Justmellow, Frankrobbn 1, Lianna, Mudiwest and all the gurus’s for your response to my questions and mails. May God bless you for all you do.

Hello Klintino,

Accept my big congratulations on this new feat. I always feel motivated when I read people's approval testimony. This thing nah luck & e no easy especially when one is struggling financially. Congrats!

Prosper!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
heydamiejay:

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Jumax28:

Good afternoon, please vfs said my passport is ready and picked up by courier but DHL says they have not picked it up for it was not part of those in the box room. Please I need help.

Please has anyone experienced this. I need help on this. Its a matter of urgency please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dolly91: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
samaig:

HOW DID YOU CONTACT YOUR MP OF YOUR PROVINCE, AM IN THESAME SITUATION OOO.

I sent an email explaining my situation that I applied months back and it’s been delaying and due to the fact that I started classes from my home country, it was difficult and I would like it he helped in contacting immigration on my behalf. I also added my details; full name, application number, name of school and all that. His assistant replied me.

Just search on google for your province and the mp there.

Start with
Dear ( mp’s name),
My name is........
State your situation
Write your details.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tacogado: 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Bro please I need your help concerning this Mpower financing they are asking me for graduation date before they issue loan to me please how did you go about it my email isjegedecharlesolusola@gmail.com. 08089331831. WhatsApp line
Dear Joseph,

Thank you for leaving such a kind hearted and positive review. I strive to handle each case with great attention and utmost care. Its a pleasure to know that you were pleased with our teams work and wish you all the best in the future! I am looking forward to providing my professional touch on your wife's sowp.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hello Olumide

You can know through your GCMS notes, however Nairobi attends to 90% of Nigeria applications...

You can send a general Webform, your query will be re-directed to the office handling your application..

Peace
Olumidestella:
Good afternoon
Hope we are all doing fine

Please how can someone easily know which country is processing his or her student visa.

I really need to start sending Webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Osemigho:

Please, considering you have a master's, how did you justify your PGC? What other documents did you submit? Thank you.

Bro!

How are you, Been a minute?!

One of the convenient ways is to leverage the industry teachings of the PGC by connecting them to the industry's limitations.

Not everyone understands that a PGD/C and a Course-based Master are on the same academic level. Thus, depending on how its significance is demonstrated that will determine the study's importance.

Like MUN and some other Universities, some Course-based Master's students and PGD/C students take lectures in the same classroom depending on the Department. However, there is always a slight modification in the academic teaching that favours the Course-based Master as a superior study. Our society has been programmed to downplay the PGD/C as a study. Please, pardon my rant.

One love bro!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hello Marina

IELTS was never and will never(with an exception of an update) be a criteria to speed up a Canadian study permit application even though it was an optional requirement for a study permit application.. But of recent, it isnt a requirement anymore..

What this means is that, you can get your Visa without submitting any IELTS result... Take a look at all the approvals so far, its only 10% - 20% that submitted IELTS...

IELTS is only very compulsory for EXPRESS ENTRY Visa application..

Peace
MARINA49:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
Innunique:
Justmellow you are really doing a great job, I can personally testify to that. Keep it up.
It's refreshing seeing a referral getting PPR. Affordable too in his services also.
Keep it up.

Hello Innunique,

No more dinner for me today. I will just have to take one or two glasses of water to digest your delicious review. Your kind appreciation is appreciated. I am thankful.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
You can present any correspondence from your school stating that you don’t have to pay tuition. If you’re on scholarship, that can suffice too.

gascoigne462:
Please what happens if you did not have to make tuition payment before getting visa approval or made tuition deposit and not the whole amount before getting visa. What will you show when they ask for proof of tuition payment?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
MJ1000:
Hello Everyone,

After waiting since August GCMS note is finally out.

Kindly assist with your interpretation, I was refused based on 'Personal assets and financial status" by our popular VO AH0389

Hello MJ1000,

Give more information about your sponsor and the commitment made, employment situation, monthly income, and was there any lump sum deposit? This will allow people to assist with information.

From a presumed point of view, it seems you have dispersed inflows and/or sudden deposits.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
MJ1000:
My sponsor had 25m closing balance and fixed deposit of 20m. Landed property as well.

Did you demonstrate your employment situation and did your sponsor show any commitment from the presented funds and how much was committed. Also, did you include your POF as a mature or gainful earner?

Financial availability is not assessed based on the sitting bank balance but by the actual commitment made towards the intent. Landed properties are not POF or demonstrate financial availability, strength, or sufficiency.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olanrae(m): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Olanrae,

If the updated official transcript is received directly from your school and verified to be legitimate, there will be no issue for the DLI to consider you for admission if you meet the admission requirements.

If this falls out of the circle, you may risk a ban to that DLI and other DLIs they share academic information with.

Best of Luck

Wow

It is Legitimate sha
I’m just scared sha
Because it’s Crescent university
That school can make another mistake in the transcript they sent
Shey you feel me

But
Thank you ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by johnfem321: 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Make una start to package her and get her ready to apply September next year… ( self employed, registered business and steady inflow of tangible funds monthly as income.. payment of tax etc )
Kenn55:

She graduated 5 years ago and now 28 years of age. Over the years she graduated unfortunately she hasn't done any meaningful professional job just private school teaching which she stopped 2 years ago to focus on ACCA certification.
My parents are in Nigeria but they have Canada visas and visit frequently pre pandemic.
How do we convince the visa officers that she will come back when siblings in Canada are citizens and PRs and parents have access to Canada and she doesn't have a job and business in Nigeria?
But I need to get her out of Nigeria fast. Please anyone who has been in this position should advise me ooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
johnfem321:
Make una start to package her and get her ready to apply September next year… ( self employed, registered business and steady inflow of tangible funds monthly as income.. payment of tax etc )

Hello Johnfem321,

This insight is seconded.

Cc:Kenn55
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
Jumax28:

Good afternoon, please vfs said my passport is ready and picked up by courier but DHL says they have not picked it up for it was not part of those in the box room. Please I need help.

Hi @Jumax28.

I've not had this experience. However, I think you could make calls to VFS and also track your parcel.

I'll let the gurus advise you on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
Andytheo:

Hi @Jumax28.

I've not had this experience. However, I think you could call make calls to VFS and also track your parcel.

I'll let the gurus advise you on this.

I have called and I was told that its DHL that has not come to pick up and DHL said its vfs that has not called them to come pickup and I need the stuff by Monday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.