Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853058 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maypearl: 9:24am On Dec 11, 2021
Approvalissure:
Good morning guys, would really appreciate it if my question gets answered.
Would it be too early for me to apply for Fall visa application in January next year?

Ahhhhhh, my dear it is not too early. If me I could even apply 10 years earlier I would have. You could even apply this month. But get all your documents in order first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Approvalissure: 9:42am On Dec 11, 2021
Maypearl:

Ahhhhhh, my dear it is not too early. If me I could even apply 10 years earlier I would have. You could even apply this month. But get all your documents in order first.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by desertboom(m): 9:48am On Dec 11, 2021
Beautiful people please give me tips on how to secure admission in affordable school in Canada.
It's my first time and I'm confused.

I need help

I'm willing to pay a fee

Thanks as I await a response from a beautiful soul
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2021
Do you get medical request?

TeeMade:
Good morning house.

Please who has a December date for medical screening at Qlifefamilyclinic and is willing to swap for a January date? Please let's discuss.

This is urgent please, anyone

It will end in praise for us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Stellagabu: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2021
Good morning everyone,
Please while submitting my application,
I forgot to submit prove of my mums finances
Like receipt from her business, pictures of her business, but I submitted her new CAC documents which i just did for her mainly for the purpose of registering her business even though the business has been running for a long time .
Please is it compulsory to submit these documents and proofs ?

Secondly ,how can I go about submitting it ?
I am worried this is the only thing I didn’t do in my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 10:10am On Dec 11, 2021
You can submit the documents via webform

Stellagabu:
Good morning everyone,
Like receipt from her business, pictures of her business, but I submitted her new CAC documents which i just did for her mainly for the purpose of registering her business even though the business has been running for a long time .
Please is it compulsory to submit these documents and proofs ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 11, 2021
Madeincanada:
I sincerely hope that people in this situation take to this advice. It worked for me. 1004 new cases were reported in Toronto today and this may influence their decision to introduce more stringent measures. Please act fast.

Are u aware that this forum is followed by ppl both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria ?. even there are some V.O that follow this thread. The gurus Frankrobnn and Mekano had said it several times that we should be careful of what we post here. please if u wana give this kind if advice ,it better u do it in a platform that has encryption and that's y WhatsApp group was created for those affected by the ban cos not everything should be public Knowledge. ppl have been traveling but because we are not secretive, e don dey cast.Ethiopian airline has banned re-routing from Nigeria to Cotonou except u go to their office in Cotonou.they are not accepting just stamp anymore u must have a hotel receipts with barcode for verification. My contact in Cotonou said Ethiopian airlines started that one today.u cant board with just ur entry stamp. I asked him y.what if I am staying with my cousin. my cousin schools at les cousonus university in Cotonou there. He said that one na story now ooo.i finally asked y all these new measures. He bluntly told me that we Nigerians talk too much. We are exposing ourselves. A Cotonou man telling me this. my advise is book airfrance if u r going through Cotonou and form watsapp group for that.this is Visa thread .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 11, 2021
Ayok90:
Good morning house
Pls is it possible to re-route my Ethiopian flight through cotonou...
Pls who has done this.....

Thanks
u cant re-route from Nigeria. u have to travel to Cotonou to do that and pay in excess of 200k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2021
First of all you should come up wi the a course you want to study, it can be in relation to the course you studied at the BSC level already or your work experience then check out schools in Canada that offer the course and check their requirements and the tuition that are affordable to you. You can just use this weekend to do the research
desertboom:
Beautiful people please give me tips on how to secure admission in affordable school in Canada.
It's my first time and I'm confused.

I need help

I'm willing to pay a fee

Thanks as I await a response from a beautiful soul
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
Madeincanada:
Yes.

because after i got in, about 4 days after, a public health official called and was querying how I got in, saying I was not meant to have been allowed into the country, what did I tell the CBSA people at POE etc etc.

So I definitely know they are not so coordinated, however, I will not advice anyone to risk as you have done, it is safer to do your 14days in a neutral country to avoid had I known

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
Fully in support of this, this is a visa thread and people are watching, let's follow the WhatsApp group for people affected by the ban and please Nigerians let's try to follow the rules and avoid fake ways and short cuts,if the instruction says go to a another country, stay 14 days then move out from there,it won't kill us abeg... All this mago mago and forgery will not solve problem, being truthful pays please

Jay316:
Are u aware that this forum is followed by ppl both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria ?. even there are some V.O that follow this thread. The gurus Frankrobnn and Mekano had said it several times that we should be careful of what we post here. please if u wana give this kind if advice ,it better u do it in a platform that has encryption and that's y WhatsApp group was created for those affected by the ban cos not everything should be public Knowledge. ppl have been traveling but because we are not secretive, e don dey cast.Ethiopian airline has banned re-routing from Nigeria to Cotonou except u go to their office in Cotonou.they are not accepting just stamp anymore u must have a hotel receipts with barcode for verification. My contact in Cotonou said Ethiopian airlines started that one today.u cant board with just ur entry stamp. I asked him y.what if I am staying with my cousin. my cousin schools at les cousonus university in Cotonou there. He said that one na story now ooo.i finally asked y all these new measures. He bluntly told me that we Nigerians talk too much. We are exposing ourselves. A Cotonou man telling me this. my advise is book airfrance if u r going through Cotonou and form watsapp group for that.this is Visa thread .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Saw this info in part 5, I hope it’s still applicable.
Credit
NLINE STUDY VISA APPLICATION HERE AT LAST grin

Here are the documents needed for the online Canada Study Visa Application.....

Form: Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)

Refer to the steps on completing the forms

Document: Family Information (IMM5645)

Complete the Family Information form. This form includes information about your spouse or common-law partner, your parents, your children, stepchildren and adopted children, your brothers and sisters (including step-siblings and half-siblings).

This information will become part of your immigration record and may be used to verify your personal information in future applications.

Document: Proof of Means of Financial Support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members accompanying you while you are in Canada by providing as many of the following documents:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

Document: Passport or Travel document

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or identity document.

If using your passport, include a copy of

the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.
any pages with stamps, visas or markings

Your identity document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your identity document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable.

Document: Digital Photo

Dimensions:

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾"wink.
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼"wink and 36 mm (1 7/16"wink.
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:

The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.

File Size:

The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:

The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Document: Letter of Acceptance

You must provide the letter of acceptance you received from the educational institution in Canada that you will be attending.

A letter of acceptance is issued by the Canadian educational institution on official letterhead, and shows the exact amount of tuition fees you are required to pay, the anticipated starting and finishing dates, and the date by which you need to register.

If you are a returning student, please request the Canadian educational institution to issue you a "Letter of Enrolment/Registration". The letter should include how long you have been studying at that institution, and if applicable, your expected graduation date.

Document: Evidence of Work Requirement in Study

You must provide a letter or curriculum from your educational institution stating that work is a necessary requirement for the completion of your studies.

OPTIONAL DOCUMENT

Document: Letter of Explanation

If you would like to provide more information about your application that you have not already provided, you can attach a letter of explanation to your application.

As you can see these are very simple documents compare to paper route application........Miss bon dearie Hope you're warming up for ur TRV? grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
kokolanre123:

Good evening boss I am in situation , Was going to pay the balance of the tuition fee for my wife @ University of Manitoba, However Polaris have not been able to process it since last week through western union globalpay, Note that is the medium we used for the deposit. We are running against time as i got to know today that the bank could not process it saying CBN didnt release enough . The deadline for payment is December 13, If we dont pay the balance the school said we will forfeit the admission and also the deposit. Please how can i get to pay them before Monday anyone in the house should please help !!!!

Hello Kokolanre123,

What you could do now is to write the school for an extension grace. Attach evidence of the ongoing fee payment processing from the bank. Tell them the targeted date of finalization the bank gave and ensure you use soothing words.

Most times, schools respond positively to this kind of request. You can send the email twice. One today and the other on Monday by 3 PM Nigerian time.

Direct your email to the finance, admissions, international office, and/or program coordinator. If the school is on the PayMyTuition platform, you may want to consider using the option. They give a rate of CAD 476 or CAD 483 at high.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2021
Miznate:
Good morning everyone, please I am putting all of my documents together and I need help with the list of all the document I should gather. My father and my husband will be the one sponsoring me and will appreciate anyone that can help with the list of document.
Secondly, I am still using my father's name because I just got married and I am worried it might affect me. Will it affect my application?Thank you.

Hello Miznate,

IRCC and the officers know these things. In the Western world, married couples and even their children can bear different names.

On the IMM 1294e Form, there is a column that allows you to specify any other name(s) you bear. As long as the names you currently bear tallies with that which reflects on your biodata, you have no issue. Ensure you declare that you are married and include justifiable evidence.

You can check the thread for the list of documents others used. Most people share their testimonies with their document list. You should understand the uniqueness of your application and only select the documents from the list that best suits your application profile.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hello Approval

No, its not too early..

January is a good time to apply for Fall of next year....

And when your Visa is out, you will have more than enough time to adequately prepare before your departure...

I actually have 2 of my applicants who have already applied for Visa this week for SEPTEMBER 2022 resumption.

Peace
Approvalissure:
Would it be too early for me to apply for Fall visa application in January next year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Approvalissure:

Hello Approvalissure,

Apply immediately you get your LOA and have gathered the necessary supporting documents.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2021
Stellagabu:
Good morning everyone,
Please is it compulsory to submit these documents and proofs?

Hello Stellagabu,

Since you submitted her bank records and business registration certificate and other proof, you may want to consider allowing your application to play out so. If you still feel bothered, use https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx to send your additional supporting evidence.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by girl002: 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2021
Na wao.
So because she is married she has now lost her identity? With her marriage certificate she is good to go, it shows she is married and her husband's name there. My sister who is married relocated to Canada bearing my father's name and her husband was her sponsor. Let's be careful what we advice people please
makano:
Hello Miznate

The answer to your question of the list of documents is everywhere on this thread, check all the approved testimonies and study the documents they submitted...

To your second question, you are a married woman, meaning you do not bear your father's name again, meaning all your documents should have your husband's name on them... Getting an Affidavit of change of name and Newspaper publication are documents you can get in days if you are really serious about it..

Lastly, if you know you declared you are married in your application, then it means you will have to use your hubby's name so it won't backfire on you in the future cos I know you will be using your marriage certificate in the nearest future.. To avoid misinterpretation that could affect you in the future if not now, say the truth and do the necessary things newly married women do to change your name to your hubby's name..

CAUTION: Do not declare you are single in your application, remember your marriage certificate has your marriage date on it and also Canada keeps records, just sounding that in your ears..

You are no more of your father, you are now of your hubby, so do the needful and the right thing...

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2021
Well said Jay..

This thread is one of the most popular travel threads on nairaland, which means different people from all over the world are on this thread...

Many applicants here contact me on daily basis , and I can say 30% of them are from outside Nigeria... Some of the applicants are from Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Cyprus, Ghana, India e.t.c. Even Visa Officers( we had a case of a suspected Officer on this thread in 2018 or so)are on this thread...

That is why I always advise we mind what we spit out here...

Even though I am always against Whatsapp groups outside this thread, you all will notice that I haven't spoken against the groups created for the purpose of the BAN, why because I know there are some things that are meant to be kept away from the public eyes as regards legitimate alternatives to get to Canada after the issuance of Visas... And I know once the Ban is lifted, such groups will dissolve...

but we will always be against any other purpose of creating a Whatsapp group outside this thread with the exception of students going to the same schools..

Peace
Jay316:
Are u aware that this forum is followed by ppl both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria ?. even there are some V.O that follow this thread. The gurus Frankrobnn and Makano had said it several times that we should be careful of what we post here. please if u wana give this kind if advice ,it better u do it in a platform that has encryption and that's y WhatsApp group was created for those affected by the ban cos not everything should be public Knowledge. ppl have been traveling but because we are not secretive, e don dey cast.Ethiopian airline has banned re-routing from Nigeria to Cotonou except u go to their office in Cotonou.they are not accepting just stamp anymore u must have a hotel receipts with barcode for verification. My contact in Cotonou said Ethiopian airlines started that one today.u cant board with just ur entry stamp. I asked him y.what if I am staying with my cousin. my cousin schools at les cousonus university in Cotonou there. He said that one na story now ooo.i finally asked y all these new measures. He bluntly told me that we Nigerians talk too much. We are exposing ourselves. A Cotonou man telling me this. my advise is book airfrance if u r going through Cotonou and form watsapp group for that.this is Visa thread .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheLee(f): 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2021
I’m sorry, what
I think it’s a good advice to ask a woman who’s married to declare the truth about her marital status but she’s not mandated by no laws to change her name.
My friend has not changed her name after marriage and no one had issue with it for her application.
Submit evidence of a bonafide marriage: marriage certificates, pictures. Include your husband’s name in your IMM form for family.
makano:
Hello Miznate

The answer to your question of the list of documents is everywhere on this thread, check all the approved testimonies and study the documents they submitted...

To your second question, you are a married woman, meaning you do not bear your father's name again, meaning all your documents should have your husband's name on them... Getting an Affidavit of change of name and Newspaper publication are documents you can get in days if you are really serious about it..

Lastly, if you know you declared you are married in your application, then it means you will have to use your hubby's name so it won't backfire on you in the future cos I know you will be using your marriage certificate in the nearest future.. To avoid misinterpretation that could affect you in the future if not now, say the truth and do the necessary things newly married women do to change your name to your hubby's name..

CAUTION: Do not declare you are single in your application, remember your marriage certificate has your marriage date on it and also Canada keeps records, just sounding that in your ears..

You are no more of your father, you are now of your hubby, so do the needful and the right thing...

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
How much do I need to have in my account to self sponsor for my masters. Tuition fee is 7600 CAD. Trying to tidy up my document?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hello Thelee

Your points are well noted..

Peace
TheLee:
I’m sorry, what
I think it’s a good advice to ask a woman who’s married to declare the truth about her marital status but she’s not mandated by no laws to change her name.
My friend has not changed her name after marriage and no one had issue with it for her application.
Submit evidence of a bonafide marriage: marriage certificates, pictures. Include your husband’s name in your IMM form for family.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheLee(f): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2021
I’m US - based and my brother used my Statements. I don’t think it’s an issue if your sibling is legally situated and working.
We provided my statements and my paystub for 4 months to show consistent inflow of money. Also provided offer letter… and it worked out well.
You’d be fine.
mancinho:
Good evening house,

Please someone should advise on the way forward as I await my admission for Sept 2022.

Planned to use a USA based sponsor (Sister). Is this a red or green flag?

Also have a Nija sponsor (brother) who is a businessman but the business is not registered.

Graduated in 2018 and worked in a company for a year (With appointment letter, confirmation of employment). Currently a freelancer and have about N4M in savings.

How best could I package my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2021
mancinho:
Good evening house,

Please someone should advise on the way forward as I await my admission for Sept 2022.

Planned to use a USA based sponsor (Sister). Is this a red or green flag?

Also have a Nija sponsor (brother) who is a businessman but the business is not registered.

Graduated in 2018 and worked in a company for a year (With appointment letter, confirmation of employment). Currently a freelancer and have about N4M in savings.

How best could I package my application?

Hello Mancinho,

Your sister can sponsor you. You may stand an improved chance if you leave your NGN 4m untouched and get your brother to assist you with about NGN 3m to run your account to NGN 7m. You can use your payment processor as a freelancer to build the account to avoid lump sums or to be able to easily provide printed evidence from your dashboard to justify any lump if there is one.

Get your sponsor to pay your first-year or first-semester tuition fees and open a GIC for your LE. The reason is that you are using a third-party sponsorship and doing this will help you demonstrate that the study funds are readily available and accessible to you.

Also, get your business registered if it is not. Aside from your sponsor, ensure you place concrete attention to demonstrate a very good economic establishment in your home country. Support your application with as many relevant documents as you can.

This is just one of the several approaches you can leverage.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2021
4gunners:
How much do I need to have in my account to self sponsor for my masters. The tuition fee is 7600 CAD. Trying to tidy up my document?

Hello 4gunners

If single, try to show as high as CAD 25,000 after tuition and LE. If married, try to show as high as CAD 30,000 after the first year study cost.

Note that you can still show slightly below the quoted amounts, but if you can show up to these funds with good inflows and a reliable source of income without any unexplainable large deposits, you stand to put in a competitive application.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello 4gunners

If single, try to show as high as CAD 25,000 after tuition and LE. If married, try to show as high as CAD 30,000 after the first year study cost.

Note that you can still show slightly below the quoted amounts, but if you can show up to these funds with good inflows and a reliable source of income without any unexplainable large deposits, you stand to put in a competitive application.

Best of Luck
What’s LE? Pardon me grin Can I send you a DM, pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hello 4gunners

This depends on your profile..

After paying your fees,

If you are single without any dependents, 20k-25kCAD should be ideal..

If you are married with dependents, 30k- 35k should be ideal cos you will need to show that you also have funds to still take care of your dependents..

Peace
4gunners:
How much do I need to have in my account to self sponsor for my masters. Tuition fee is 7600 CAD. Trying to tidy up my document?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
LE = LIVING EXPENSES..

Peace
4gunners:
What’s LE? Pardon me grin Can I send you a DM, pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2021
makano:
Hello 4gunners

This depends on your profile..

After paying your fees,

If you are single without any dependents, 20k-25kCAD should be ideal..

If you are married with dependents, 30k- 35k should be ideal cos you will need to show that you also have funds to still take care of your dependents..

Peace
Still very much single. I want to save up for the program. Will savings of about 15M suffice for the whole processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenthro: 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2021
Please can I get the WhatsApp group link for the omicron ban. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foladimejiw: 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
Is this measure(asking for hotel receipt) for buying tickets or boarding flight from cotonue ? Kindly explain

Jay316:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Stellagabu: 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
Jxool:
You can submit the documents via webform

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.