Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853071 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenn55: 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
johnfem321:
Make una start to package her and get her ready to apply September next year… ( self employed, registered business and steady inflow of tangible funds monthly as income.. payment of tax etc )

She already has an admission for September. If I had thought about this earlier, we would have gone through this style.

I don't know if it is late now. It was after she got the admission that my eyes opened that her visa application is going to be tricky.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
BaaleofMontreal:
This information is false.

Please if you're an international student coming from Nigeria, please stay in countries you go to first for minimum of 2 weeks before heading to Canada. It is explicitly stated by IRCC that only people that have not lived in one of banned countries for that last 14 days would be allowed in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
I flew air peace and booked my flight ticket from Nigeria to Gambia through wakanow. Booked my hotel in Gambia through booking.com. Gambia flights are expensive though and I got a one way ticket for N269,700. Hotel bill was $40 per night.. I stayed for 2 nights
mspearlz:

Am equally interested in these details

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
sparkletoy:
No one is forcing anyone to leave immediately. It's your choice if you decide to stay in a 3rd country for 2 weeks and how do you know the information is false since you don't know anyone who has arrived? IRCC has always said. Even when there was a total lockdown, foreign nationals still came to Canada. My post was not to mislead anyone but to encourage. More testimonials of students arriving would still emerge then you will blame yourself for staying in a 3rd country for 14 days after spending all your POF. Be smart and be wise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mspearlz: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Madeincanada:
I flew air peace and booked my flight ticket from Nigeria to Gambia through wakanow. Booked my hotel in Gambia through booking.com. Gambia flights are expensive though and I got a one way ticket for N269,700. Hotel bill was $40 per night.. I stayed for 2 nights

Thank you so much for this info

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Activateoluwase: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
You can go for health care administration and services management. Yeah, its a course on it's own. That's the course I chose.

Katehasty:

Thank you so much i really appreciate this
Please is health care administration and service management a health course
Secondly I have about 6million in my Acc also to back up the pof will this work
Thirdly have paid my first term tuition fee it only remain 1700 cad to Bal up out of 9800
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
You can also compare flight ticket fares on air peace website. I later realized it was cheaper booking directly on their website.

mspearlz:

Thank you so much for this info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mancinho(f): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening house,

Please someone should advise on the way forward as I await my admission for Sept 2022.

Planned to use a USA based sponsor (Sister). Is this a red or green flag?

Also have a Nija sponsor (brother) who is a businessman but the business is not registered.

Graduated in 2018 and worked in a company for a year (With appointment letter, confirmation of employment). Currently a freelancer and have about N4M in savings.

How best could I package my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
I know say I don ask plenty questions
Please oh you people should bear with me
Please since I did my biometrics in Abuja and I want to still send it to the VSF there, do I need to pay the two way courier charge?
Because the DHL Staffs I met today said it’s 8100 to take it to Abuja and 8100 to bring it back directly to my house, which is a total of 16200.
So I was quite surprised because I didn’t know people pay that much for courier fees
So I just want to make sure I do the right thing the right way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
Your naija sponsor can register his business now , I don’t think it matters
mancinho:
Good evening house,

Please someone should advise on the way forward as I await my admission for Sept 2022.

Also have a Nija sponsor (brother) who is a businessman but the business is not registered.

Graduated in 2018 and worked in a company for a year (With appointment letter, confirmation of employment). Currently a freelancer and have about N4M in savings.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
If you did your Biometrics in Abj and you want to send your passport to VFS in Abuja.... you will only have to pay DHL 2way(to and fro) fee which should not exceed 4k. In my own case i paid 4k only in 7days my stamped passport was brought to my location. So yours shouldn't exceed that since is still going same state.

Aissy:
I know say I don ask plenty questions
Please oh you people should bear with me
Please since I did my biometrics in Abuja and I want to still send it to the VSF there, do I need to pay the two way courier charge?
Because the DHL Staffs I met today said it’s 8100 to take it to Abuja and 8100 to bring it back directly to my house, which is a total of 16200.
So I was quite surprised because I didn’t know people pay that much for courier fees
So I just want to make sure I do the right thing the right way

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BaaleofMontreal: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ok sir

Madeincanada:
You are wrong BaaleofMontreal. I stand nothing to gain by lying on this platform. My initial post is my reality and I admonish all that are presently hibernating in other countries not to stay for 14 days. Delay is dangerous.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
Madeincanada:
You are wrong BaaleofMontreal. I stand nothing to gain by lying on this platform. My initial post is my reality and I admonish all that are presently hibernating in other countries not to stay for 14 days. Delay is dangerous.

did you come with study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by XtinahOo: 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
Madeincanada:
I sincerely hope that people in this situation take to this advice. It worked for me. 1004 new cases were reported in Toronto today and this may influence their decision to introduce more stringent measures. Please act fast.

Evening all! For people that have travelled since the ban, was it manadatory you get fully vaccinated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobi12345: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
Madeincanada:
can inbox your details pls cos my class start in janauary too. I don’t know how to connect my flight pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hello Makano

Good evening boss I am in situation , Was going to pay the balance of the tuition fee for my wife @ University of Manitoba, However Polaris have not been able to process it since last week through western union globalpay, Note that is the medium we used for the deposit. We are running against time as i got to know today that the bank could not process it saying CBN didnt realize enough . The deadline for payment is December 13, If we dont pay the balance the school said we will forfeit the admission and also the deposit. Please how can i get to pay them before monday anyone in the house should please help !!!!

makano:
Hello Katehasty

This is simple to read and straightforward

According to what I am seeing in your notes, the Visa Officer feels your course of study is not in any way related to your work experience, neither is it related to your 1st degree... So to them you just wanna japa without having any intention to study since you didn't show Career progression with your application.

Also the Visa Officer feels your sponsor, who is your brother is not capable to sponsor you cos your school fees alone would dry up his account, meaning their wont be provision for your Living expenses, miscellaneous and also his dependents... They do not feel you will have access to any funds for the sustainability of your stay in Canada...

Make sure you work on all these before you re-apply.. Chose a degree higher than your 1st degree and also a course related to your Work experience if you have graduated for more than 5 years and a course related to your 1st degree if you have graduated less than 5 years..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 11:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening boss I am in situation , Was going to pay the balance of the tuition fee for my wife @ University of Manitoba, However Polaris have not been able to process it since last week through western union globalpay, Note that is the medium we used for the deposit. We are running against time as i got to know today that the bank could not process it saying CBN didnt release enough . The deadline for payment is December 13, If we dont pay the balance the school said we will forfeit the admission and also the deposit. Please how can i get to pay them before monday anyone in the house should please help !!!!

JustMellow:

Hello Olanrae,

If the updated official transcript is received directly from your school and verified to be legitimate, there will be no issue for the DLI to consider you for admission if you meet the admission requirements.

If this falls out of the circle, you may risk a ban to that DLI and other DLIs they share academic information with.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 1:45am On Dec 11, 2021
Yes.
hoodboy:

did you come with study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shina2(m): 2:34am On Dec 11, 2021
Please did you do a covid test before going to gambia and did you also do yellow fever test. Lastly were you test when you got to gambia?
Madeincanada:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Miznate: 2:54am On Dec 11, 2021
Good morning everyone, please I am putting all of my documents together and I need help with the list of all the document I should gather. My father and my husband will be the one sponsoring me and will appreciate anyone that can help with the list of document.
Secondly, I am still using my father's name because I just got married and I am worried it might affect me. Will it affect my application?Thank you.
JustMellow:

Hello Innunique,

Big congratulations to your friend. Thank you for this positive review. I have always put a lot of commitment into these things I do like it is mine. Honestly, I feel very thankful and appreciative to read that I wrote an SOP that saved an immigration dream. This review gives room for me to improve even more. Thank you again for this motivation.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 6:08am On Dec 11, 2021
Where do you stay ?
Cloudweb:
If you did your Biometrics in Abj and you want to send your passport to VFS in Abuja.... you will only have to pay DHL 2way(to and fro) fee which should not exceed 4k. In my own case i paid 4k only in 7days my stamped passport was brought to my location. So yours shouldn't exceed that since is still going same state.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 6:44am On Dec 11, 2021
kokolanre123:

Good evening boss I am in situation , Was going to pay the balance of the tuition fee for my wife @ University of Manitoba, However Polaris have not been able to process it since last week through western union globalpay, Note that is the medium we used for the deposit. We are running against time as i got to know today that the bank could not process it saying CBN didnt release enough . The deadline for payment is December 13, If we dont pay the balance the school said we will forfeit the admission and also the deposit. Please how can i get to pay them before monday anyone in the house should please help !!!!

POLARIS BANK is the most useless BANK in Nigeria!!! It took them 2 weeks to debit me when I used them, and 3 weeks to get my Telex Track ID.

Anyone tryna use them, Flee from that Bank!!

If you have someone outside the country that can help you out, then it's fine.
Someone outside Nigeria at least.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 6:48am On Dec 11, 2021
Hello Kokolanre

Your deadline is on Monday and you are just reporting this here on the last working day before your deadline and my reply coming on a Saturday..

Polaris does not have a good record of processing fees on time to schools abroad, Stanbic IBTC is one bank I always recommend to applicants because of their fast processing that gets results in days and at most in a week or 2.. If you had mentioned this much earlier, you would have gotten it done with Stanbic IBTC...

At this point, you can try using FLYWIRE or any online payment solution... Another option is liaising with a Nigerian in Canada that you know and trust, who can pay the fees for you in CAD and you transferring Naira to him/her or anyhow the said person would prefer how the transaction will be..

Peace
kokolanre123:
Hello Makano

Good evening boss I am in situation , Was going to pay the balance of the tuition fee for my wife @ University of Manitoba, However Polaris have not been able to process it since last week through western union globalpay, Note that is the medium we used for the deposit. We are running against time as i got to know today that the bank could not process it saying CBN didnt realize enough . The deadline for payment is December 13, If we dont pay the balance the school said we will forfeit the admission and also the deposit. Please how can i get to pay them before monday anyone in the house should please help !!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayok90: 7:02am On Dec 11, 2021
Good morning house
Pls is it possible to re-route my Ethiopian flight through cotonou...
Pls who has done this.....

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 7:04am On Dec 11, 2021
Hello Miznate

The answer to your question of the list of documents is everywhere on this thread, check all the approved testimonies and study the documents they submitted...

Peace
Miznate:
Good morning everyone, please I am putting all of my documents together and I need help with the list of all the document I should gather. My father and my husband will be the one sponsoring me and will appreciate anyone that can help with the list of documents.
Secondly, I am still using my father's name because I just got married and I am worried it might affect me. Will it affect my application?Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 7:26am On Dec 11, 2021
Hello mancinho

Your sponsor can be anywhere from any part of the world so far she is more than capable to sponsor you and committed to your studies all through your stay in Canada , but he or she must have establishments and ties in her home country.....

Also if you have been doing meaningful and productive since the time you left the company, then its workable.. Dont just be idle for so long cos the Visa officers always have problems with applicants being Idle for long...

Peace
mancinho:
Good evening house,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 7:48am On Dec 11, 2021
I did a covid test in Nigeria … officials at Murtala international airport asked for it. I did not undergo any yellow fever test.
I did another covid test in The Gambia because to travel to Canada, test result from a 3rd country is required. Test results from Nigeria are unacceptable.

Shina2:
Please did you do a covid test before going to gambia and did you also do yellow fever test. Lastly were you test when you got to gambia?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Semtu(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2021
makano:
Hello Miznate

The answer to your question of the list of documents is everywhere on this thread, check all the approved testimonies and study the documents they submitted...

To your second question, you are a married woman, meaning you do not bear your father's name again, meaning all your documents should have your husband's name on them... Getting an Affidavit of change of name and Newspaper publication are documents you can get in days if you are really serious about it..

Lastly, if you know you declared you are married in your application, then it means you will have to use your hubby's name so it won't backfire on you in the future cos I know you will be using your marriage certificate in the nearest future.. To avoid misinterpretation that could affect you in the future if not now, say the truth and do the necessary things newly married women do to change your name to your hubby's name..

CAUTION: Do not declare you are single in your application, remember your marriage certificate has your marriage date on it and also Canada keeps records, just sounding that in your ears..

You are no more of your father, you are now of your hubby, so do the needful and the right thing...

Peace

Please, there’s no law that says she must change her name to that of her husband.

If her maiden name is what’s on her passport and all other documents, she can use that name for her visa application.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 8:52am On Dec 11, 2021
Miznate:
Good morning everyone, please I am putting all of my documents together and I need help with the list of all the document I should gather. My father and my husband will be the one sponsoring me and will appreciate anyone that can help with the list of document.

Sponsor 1 Documents (Company)

1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Article of association and memorandum
3. CAC CERTIFICATE
4. Particulars of directors in the company
5. Tax Clearance Certificate
6. Company bank statements for the past six (6) months.
7. Board Resolution Letter stating that they are fully aware of this sponsorship and approve it.
8. Affidavit of Support
9. Business invoices

Sponsor 2 Documents (father)

1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (if employed) OR business documents (if self-employed) (CAC certificate, Article of association and memorandum, tax clearance certificate, particulars of directors in the company).
3. Pay slips
4. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
5. Copy of sponsors international passport
6. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
7. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
8. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Shares or Investment account (Like T/bills) (if any)

Applicant’s Documents
1. Barcode Page & 2 Passport Photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5645E) or (IMM5707E)
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings)
6. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission
7. Statement of Purpose
8. Copy of Letter of Employment
9. Copy of Confirmation of Employment
10. Letter of Introduction from Employer
11. Statement of Account (Salary Account) (if any).
12. Copy of Birth Certificate
13. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
14. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
15. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
16. Copy of family picture. (not compulsory)
17. Resume
18. Professional Certifications (if any)
19. Volunteer letters
20. Recommendation letters from job experience

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TeeMade: 9:14am On Dec 11, 2021
Good morning house.

Please who has a December date for medical screening at Qlifefamilyclinic and is willing to swap for a January date? Please let's discuss.

This is urgent please, anyone

It will end in praise for us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Approvalissure: 9:21am On Dec 11, 2021
Good morning guys, would really appreciate it if my question gets answered.
Would it be too early for me to apply for Fall visa application in January next year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maypearl: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2021
I’m really shocked at your answer for the second question. Please it is Canada she wants to travel to, not some African country that is stuck on their “borrowed” old way. Her marriage certificate is enough to show she’s married. She isn’t doing the “wrong thing” by still using her father’s name. The advice I can give her is, it’s either she changes to her husband’s name before she applies (if she wants to) or keep her maiden and she shouldn’t change it till her whole application is over and has been decided on by the visa officers (to avoid complications and delay)

Now for the quoted “borrowed old way” Last names were introduced when the white people came into Africa. If your grand parents are still alive or you have anyone really old person in your village they’ll tell you that their own grandparents or great-grandparents never had surnames. So it’s nice to borrow people’s culture, but we shouldn’t be carrying it on top of our heads like it’s the yard stick for what’s right and wrong. Still bearing your maiden name is good, bearing your husband’s name is good too.

makano:
Hello Miznate

To your second question, you are a married woman, meaning you do not bear your father's name again, meaning all your documents should have your husband's name on them... Getting an Affidavit of change of name and Newspaper publication are documents you can get in days if you are really serious about it..

Lastly, if you know you declared you are married in your application, then it means you will have to use your hubby's name so it won't backfire on you in the future cos I know you will be using your marriage certificate in the nearest future.. To avoid misinterpretation that could affect you in the future if not now, say the truth and do the necessary things newly married women do to change your name to your hubby's name..

CAUTION: Do not declare you are single in your application, remember your marriage certificate has your marriage date on it and also Canada keeps records, just sounding that in your ears..

You are no more of your father, you are now of your hubby, so do the needful and the right thing...

Peace

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.