Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (867818 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 9:31am On Dec 14, 2021
Osemigho:

Your result is competitive for any school in Canada. Considering your desired program will likely be a research masters, below rules will help you.

1. No supervisor, no application. You don't determine your schools before hand. Wherever you get supervisors are your preferred schools.

2. Apply to 3-5 schools where you get supervisors. No supervisor or school can guarantee your admission. You will increase your chances by applying to more than one schools.

3. Check each department website and target supervisors in schools that offer funding. Your GPA will likely get you a full funding if you do things right. A full scholarship will save you a lot of stress when applying for a student visa.

I have to tell you though that the admission process require some time, experience and luck. You came a bit late because September 2022 deadline are almost here. Most first timers are usually not sure if they really want Canada nor put in the effort required. All the best.

He/she doesn't need a supervisor to get admitted to the department for masters program.

Although i agree with your No. 3

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by XavierZ: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2021
#justanopinion

Choose a country that isn't currently listed in the travel restriction, preferably one that has a vaccination plan in place and is actively addressing the COVID-19 problem in their country. I say the later because other countries could still be added to the ban list, and you don't want to be in a situation where you book flights, incur fees, and then discover that the third country has been prohibited at the last minute.
In my case, I'll be flying via a Schengen state in two weeks (God's grace).

Other routes being explored, including Ghana, Mexico, and maybe Coutonu. According to what I've read on this platform, you might be able to pass through Mexico using the Canadian Visa granted to students (please verify this). Spend at least 14 days in the third Country , being sure to follow all of their safety requirements before moving on to Canada. At least 72 hours before flying to Canada, another depature Covid test will be required.

It's a costly method, but it may be the only viable one right now.

gbayi1:
Hello, first time here.

Please help with information on how to travel to Canada via third party countries, amid this travel ban on Nigeria. We are fully vaccinated and the dilemma in putting our travel on hold has been a painful experience.

Please someone should help with information.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by XavierZ: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by XavierZ: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by slimberry16: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2021
PPR ALERT!!!!

I will come back to give you guys the gist and my timeline !

Information is Power. Thats the only thing you need in this journey.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2021
Congratulations bro Which College Did you appy to and did you pay for the tution fees Please kindlly enlight more

Jxool:
PPR ALERT GUYS !!!!!

I was so so happy guy got my ppr today.

I just want to post on here so as to motivate anyone whose still waiting for ppr or whose about to submit the application.

WHAT GOD CANT NOT DO DOES NOT EXIST. God has been wonderful to me.

Am 40years no BSC no other qualifications apart from weac result and neco. But I put everything in Gods hand before I submitted my application.

I got my admission August 8 but defer my admission to Jan 10,2022 because I couldn’t meet up to submit my application for September intake.

I finally submit September 20, 2021
Biometric September 27,2021
That’s when the waiting started
November 19,2021 I finally got medical request
Because no booking space I got booking to December 7,2021
December 11, 2021 my medical was updated to passed.
December 13,2021 I was sitting watching movie on my iPad when I got the message for Correspondent letter and Ppr

I don’t waste time I went to send my passport first before I start to send this message.

What I will say is don’t let anyone discourage you in anything you want to do in life. Try and fail it’s better than not trying at all.

When I wanted to apply people keep saying am old for diploma course at the age of 40. But I don’t get discouraged at all. I decided to gather all the documents myself.

Here are the list of documents submitted

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE/SOP
CONTRACT OF ENROLLMENT
RECEIPT FOR FEES PAID
AFFIDAVIT FOR DATE OF BIRTH
HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE AND TRANSCRIPT
RESUME/CV
COMPUTER TRAINING / RECOMMENDATION LETTER
EMPLOYMENT LETTER WHERE I WAS WORKING
AFFIDAVIT OF GOOD DEEDS
REFERENCE LETTER
POLICE REPORT
TRAVEL HISTORY ON MY PASSPORT. Been to some African country and been to Dubai so I put all the stamps on my passport.
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR MY CHILDREN
FAMILY PICTURES
LAND AGREEMENT

Cheers guys

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by obilec: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2021
XavierZ:

Hi,

Have you considered a schengen country ? I am heading to Rome on the 28th Dec ...I'd be there till the 13th.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nathanD: 10:17am On Dec 14, 2021
tobi12345:
can inbox your details pls cos my class start in janauary too. I don’t know how to connect my flight pls

Please I would also like to know about this route because I don tire for this Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bioben: 10:19am On Dec 14, 2021
can someone please assist with the VFS consent form... thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2021
Congratulations….I tap in your testimony

slimberry16:
PPR ALERT!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2021
Bioben:
can someone please assist with the VFS consent form... thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by McCarthyholla: 10:55am On Dec 14, 2021
Hello, am new in forum...I submitted my application since first week of October,am yet to received any update/email from consular...the school is resume on January?....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AbionaT(f): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2021
slimberry16:
PPR ALERT!!!!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2021
CuteCandy90:

Go ahead and apply. You stand a very good chance.

This period is the best time to apply!!!
.. for fall 2022, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2021
slimberry16:
PPR ALERT!!!!

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ruby22: 11:40am On Dec 14, 2021
makano:
Hello Ruby

Make sure you explain this in your LOE with relevant documents to back up your claims so the Visa Officer won't see the amount deposited as a lump sum..

The receipt of the transaction with the said amount on it will suffice...

Peace

Many thanks for your response @Makano

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olumidestella: 11:41am On Dec 14, 2021
Good morning to everyone in the house,
Based on the chats on this platform from December 8, 2021. It shows the VO or embassy have decided to slow down the visa processing and approval.
I discovered just 2 approvals and 1 rejection since December 8 which is far from the usual figures b4 the traveling ban on Nigeria.

Is anyone also taking note of this trend.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2021
Congratulations to the new PPR recipients. Your journey is blessed in Jesus name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:47am On Dec 14, 2021
Olumidestella:
Good morning to everyone in the house,
Based on the chats on this platform from December 8, 2021. It shows the VO or embassy have decided to slow down the visa processing and approval.
I discovered just 2 approvals and 1 rejection since December 8 which is far from the usual figures b4 the traveling ban on Nigeria.

Is anyone also taking note of this trend.

No, there are more than that people just don't want yo share their testimonies. Best reasons known to them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
4gunners:
.. for fall 2022, right?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:52pm On Dec 14, 2021
MEDOLAB:
Please how can I apply for GCMS notes?

You can either use third party sites like gcmsonline.com or i can apply for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
Can you apply for me too?
Anon123:

You can either use third party sites like gcmsonline.com or i can apply for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gbayi1: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
Help with contact who knows or have gone through this Ghana or Cotonou route please everyone, my family is stranded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gbayi1: 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by McCarthyholla: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
Hello, am new in forum...I submitted my application since first week of October,am yet to received any update/email from consular...the school is resume on January?....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by slimberry16: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
Okay so time for timeline and Gist.
This is my 6th admission to conestoga (crazy right ? �) I’ve been getting admission since 2018 but never really made it to the visa application stage because of one document or the other most especially POF but somehow this year I made it work and FINALLY applied. I’ve been denied US visa, Turkish visa and Australian visa in the past so I didn’t exactly have a good record. But the only thing I’ll say is, when you see agents RUN OOH !! They don’t do anything special you’ll end up doing all the work and the only thing they’ll do is fill forms ( secretary isonu �). I did my application by myself from admission to PPR. I don learn my lesson

TIMELINE
Application submitted: Aug 23
Biometrics done : Aug 27
Medical Request: Oct 20
Medical done : Nov 12
Medical passed : Nov 22
BVL & PPR : Dec 13

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
Sponsors SOA
Affidavit of sponsorship
Sponsors employment and promotion letter
Sponsors Tax ID & Work ID
Property documents in my name
Employment letter
Letter of introduction from my company
All my certificates (Bsc and Professional)
Birth certificate
Police Certificate
My personal statement of account
Tuition payment ( only paid the 1500 deposit)
Letter of Acceptance

That’s all (I think)

Again, If you haven’t applied do it by yourself! Agents don’t do anything special.

And oh thanks to mankind for sharing some vital information with me

Success to everyone still awaiting Goodnews✅

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
Iffylove:
Can you apply for me too?

yes pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
slimberry16:
This is my 6th admission to conestoga (crazy right ? �) I’ve been getting admission since 2018 but never really made it to the visa application stage because of one document or the other most especially POF but somehow this year I made it work and FINALLY applied. I’ve been denied US visa, Turkish visa and Australian visa in the past so I didn’t exactly have a good record. But the only thing I’ll say is, when you see agents RUN OOH !! They don’t do anything special you’ll end up doing all the work and the only thing they’ll do is fill forms ( secretary isonu �). I did my application by myself from admission to PPR. I don learn my lesson

TIMELINE

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
Sponsors SOA
Affidavit of sponsorship
Employment letter
Birth certificate
Police Certificate
Letter of Acceptance

That’s all (I think)

Again, If you haven’t applied do it by yourself! Agents don’t do anything special.

Congratulations man

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heledy(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2021
Congrats bro...
I tap into your grace so we can meet in conestoga together.

slimberry16:

TIMELINE

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
Sponsors SOA
Affidavit of sponsorship
Employment letter
Birth certificate
Police Certificate
Letter of Acceptance

That’s all (I think)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nastii: 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
Congratulations. I tap into your testimony. It will end in praise for us all
slimberry16:
PPR ALERT!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS

slimberry16:

TIMELINE

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
Sponsors SOA
Affidavit of sponsorship
Employment letter
Birth certificate
Police Certificate
Letter of Acceptance

That’s all (I think)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
jollytravels:
CONGRATULATIONS

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (834)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.