Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (867699 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
Exactly, I applied alone and used them as home ties.
When I was approved, I travelled to get my sin and permit then applied for them.

In my loe explained how my spouse has his business and will be coming and going as his business can be managed virtually and also
Said that the reason why I needed my baby was because I’m a new mum plus ppd taking a toll on me.

I also addressed how I still have siblings and family to go back to and how my studies will help his business.
I used our land and incomplete building as ties to show we r not absconding from our country. I added how he can’t leave his business for an extended stay in Canada.

I’m certain the person’s loe didn’t address hometies or simply wasn’t wrtitten well.

Ignore people living in Canada , when I wanted to apply for my family, it was the same fear and stories that it will be misrepresentation until I spoke to eddyossam and he said it won’t be as intentions can change.

If you later apply for family , you must still prove hometies, that’s where a good loe comes in.

Because of how toxic “living in Canada “ thread is, I don’t go there, I rather make my mistakes and learn on my own than go there to receive insult.

I had to go check what they were saying and I didn’t expect anything different.

Thank you so much dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Beatson: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HHH3: 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
Greetings to everyone reading this. I am new in this forum and seeking for information. Please can someone advice whether it is okay for me to start using/spending the funds in my proof of funds account since I have passed the medicals and my status updated accordingly. I need to start using the money ASAP. I did not do upfront medicals. Also, is it normal to wait for so long after passing medicals without further information? Today makes it one month since my status was updated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nomsy33(f): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
justemma:

Have you made any arrangements? I’m working on going that route
Same here,if there is whatapp group am interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pandasofire(m): 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good day everyone.
Please I'm trying to pay my acceptance fee of 500 CAD.
But my card has been declined while trying to use either WU or CIBC I guess due to the minimum dollar limit by banks.
Please what's the best possible solution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nomsy33(f): 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
Cloudweb:
There is...mail me for the link!

Am interested,I sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HHH3: 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations to you and greetings to everyone reading this.

I am new in this forum and seeking for information. Please can someone advice whether it is okay for me to start using/spending the funds in my proof of funds account since I have passed the medicals and my status updated accordingly. I need to start using the money ASAP. I did not do upfront medicals.

Also, is it normal to wait for so long after passing medicals without further information? Today makes it one month since my status was updated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by VictorAjibola: 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
Pandasofire:
Good day everyone.
Please I'm trying to pay my acceptance fee of 500 CAD.
But my card has been declined while trying to use either WU or CIBC I guess due to the minimum dollar limit by banks.
Please what's the best possible solution.

What college is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello TripleH

Since you said you need to start spending your funds, you can go ahead and hope IRCC doesn't ask for an updated SOA..

But we always advise applicants to leave their funds untouched until they get their stamped Passport, cos IRCC can randomly ask for an updated SOA at any time, and I mean anytime even after request of Original Passport.

And to your last question, yes it's normal.. Some get their Final decisions monhs after Medical is passed and some get a few weeks after, so there is no specific timeline...

Peace
HHH3:
Congratulations to you and greetings to everyone reading this.

I am new in this forum and seeking for information. Please can someone advice whether it is okay for me to start using/spending the funds in my proof of funds account since I have passed the medicals and my status updated accordingly. I need to start using the money ASAP. I did not do upfront medicals.

Also, is it normal to wait for so long after passing medicals without further information? Today makes it one month since my status was updated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pandasofire(m): 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2021
University of Calgary
VictorAjibola:

What college is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cowbell521: 12:41am On Dec 14, 2021
SOPWriter:
Hi Cowbell521,

I do rejoice with you over the success of your application. Sincerely, I do appreciate the great review as well. Please bear with me, my schedule could be tight sometimes. 98 % of testimonies are often passed across privately and I am always glad to receive them. Regardless of that, I deeply apologize for making you feel worthless. Your review means a lot, and I am grateful for it.

Congratulations again!
No wahala boss. M not d applicant though. I referred Onyekachi to u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HighQue007: 1:16am On Dec 14, 2021
Hi Guys,
Your advice or view will go a long way.

I am a fresh graduate, will be done with NYSC come July and I am looking forward to pursuing my Masters in Canada in Public Health.

Below are my questions.
I will like to know if going through an agent would give an edge or DIY

How much must I have in my account for my SOA(Self Sponsor)?

Will I have to pay part payment for school fees and if yes, what is the average?

Plus I am married.
I will appreciate your response. Thank you !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 1:39am On Dec 14, 2021
If you need to use your money, go ahead. Your PPR will arrive soon
HHH3:
Greetings to everyone reading this. I am new in this forum and seeking for information. Please can someone advice whether it is okay for me to start using/spending the funds in my proof of funds account since I have passed the medicals and my status updated accordingly. I need to start using the money ASAP. I did not do upfront medicals. Also, is it normal to wait for so long after passing medicals without further information? Today makes it one month since my status was updated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rheene009: 1:50am On Dec 14, 2021
TheCongo2:

Are you in London?
It is against the law in Canada to reject a rent application based on someone's family status

Yes i'm in London. No rent application was filled, all the rejections happened while i was making inquires, most people claim single occupant only, others claim my child is still a baby some housemate work from home.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HHH3: 4:25am On Dec 14, 2021
Thank you Papa Obi. A big Amen to your prayers.

PapaObi:
If you need to use your money, go ahead. Your PPR will arrive soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by HHH3: 4:28am On Dec 14, 2021
Thank you Makano for your advice. I am very relieved knowing that the delay is not peculiar to me.

makano:
Hello TripleH

Since you said you need to start spending your funds, you can go ahead and hope IRCC doesn't ask for an updated SOA..

But we always advise applicants to leave their funds untouched until they get their stamped Passport, cos IRCC can randomly ask for an updated SOA at any time, and I mean anytime even after request of Original Passport.

And to your last question, yes it's normal.. Some get their Final decisions monhs after Medical is passed and some get a few weeks after, so there is no specific timeline...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 5:54am On Dec 14, 2021
makano:
Hello MJ1000

In addition to your post, you will need to work on your LOE explaining the benefits of your proposed course of studies...

You must convince the Visa Officer of how important your proposed course is to your career, outline the benefits and opportunities your proposed course and Canadian (international) degree certificate will afford you on your return to your home country after the completion of your studies in Canada. Let the Visa Officers see the reasons why you will be spending so much on your proposed course and your studies in Canada....

Peace

Hello Makano, can you review my SOP and can I chat you to know your fee if possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gbayi1: 6:07am On Dec 14, 2021
Hello, first time here.

Please help with information on how to travel to Canada via third party countries, amid this travel ban on Nigeria. We are fully vaccinated and the dilemma in putting our travel on hold has been a painful experience.

Please someone should help with information.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by matthew080: 6:13am On Dec 14, 2021
Hello friends
Pls I have two different date of birth "1991 and 1995" both is from my local government,
Will u advise I use the 1995 to registered for my passport, so as to reduce my age at lease a bit when applying for visa

Thanks and thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by approvalgirl: 6:21am On Dec 14, 2021
Good morning Fellows,

Please which schools in canada accept PGD for MSC...

I just did my pgd program from Ajayi Crowther University and hoping to do my master in Canada...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 7:04am On Dec 14, 2021
Most schools if not all. The thing is when you apply there is a part that states you put down your academic history. Slot in your bachelors and your pgd. As long as your PGD GPA is good, your chances of securing a masters admission is good. If you have work experience provide that too and make sure you have it all in your c.v. Write a compelling statement of purpose and you would be good.
approvalgirl:
Good morning Fellows,

Please which schools in canada accept PGD for MSC...

I just did my pgd program from Ajayi Crowther University and hoping to do my master in Canada...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2021
Hello guys is it good to use borrowed funds loan as pof like, I’m going to borrow a loan from a mfb then when applying for a visa I’ll explain that the lump sum is a loan for my school expenses with prove of the loan documents.
Is that good?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by belleez: 8:02am On Dec 14, 2021
4gunners:
Big congratulations .
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Collins4u1(m): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2021
Sponsor service is needed..

Quote me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 8:15am On Dec 14, 2021
donmyzy:

no, they didn't

Ok thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 14, 2021
Pleaae does Nairobi still respond to mails at all? Because I don't understand again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MEDOLAB: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2021
Please how can I apply for GCMS notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by itwillendinprai: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2021
TheCongo2:

Are you in London?
It is against the law in Canada to reject a rent application based on someone's family status

Had same experience in London as well and ended up renting a 1 bedroom apartment after being frustrated for 1 month in a hotel. Sometimes, it's not as easy as people think.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agape123: 9:18am On Dec 14, 2021
Blazca:
Pleaae does Nairobi still respond to mails at all? Because I don't understand again

Email and webform, they don’t even seem to acknowledge them again. They might see it, but to respond na wahala.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 14, 2021
Tbh
Agape123:

Email and webform, they don’t even seem to acknowledge them again. They might see it, but to respond na wahala.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 9:29am On Dec 14, 2021
Olanrae:
Hi guys

Good evening
I finished from Crescent university Abeokuta last year and I studied Economics with Operations Research
I finished with a CGPA of 4.44
Now I want to apply for my masters in economics.
I’m thinking of University of Manitoba
With my result do I stand a chance.
As per they said University of Manitoba is very competitive

Go ahead and apply. You stand a very good chance.

This period is the best time to apply!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by itwillendinprai: 9:30am On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=rheene009 post=108478710]
Yes i'm in London. No rent application was filled, all the rejections happened while i was making inquires, most people claim single occupant only, others claim my child is still a baby some housemate work from home]

I guess your best bet is to look for people to share a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment with. In this case, you would be the one to select your housemates, and not the other way round.
I cried severally and at some point started regretting why I even came with my son in the first place, it's well. I wish you the best�

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (834)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.