Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851750 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2022
makano:
Congrats MamateesLababy

It has finally ended in praise...

Happy for you, u deserved it..

Peace

Thank God! Thank you Makano.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2022
Thank you all!!!

We will congratulate you too soon in Jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2022
mrprolifik:

Click on the link below and select Nigeria to see what it says about admission and study gaps .
https://durhamcollege.ca/info-for/international/study-dc/admissions/country-admission-information#n

Seen
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2022
MamateesLababy:
Good morning everyone.
Below is my timeline.
Application submitted: May 14th
Upfront Medical : Done May 5th, Passed May 19th.
Biometrics : May 26th
Uploaded same day and Eligibility review started.
Ghost Update : June 13th.
Ghost Update : Dec 23rd
Updated LOA Request : Jan 6th
BVL: January 10th.
PPR - January 11th

God be praised! This application tried my patience �. My school resumed end of August and asked me to defer for a year after I paid full school fees( it was a requirement). I was discouraged but I just kept trusting God, praying and hoping for the best. He alone is faithful! Thank you to all our gurus and regulars for the constant guidance and encouragement. That went a long way for sanity �.

I pray that God will come through for everyone waiting and your letter of joy will come to you soon in Jesus name.

Documents Submitted.
All IMM forms
SOP(4 pages explaining progression of work experience and importance of PGD to my present work. My first degree is unrelated to my work experience and course accepted for).
CV
Letter of Acceptance with highlighted internship/work requirement.
School receipt for 1st installment payment.
MBS sponsor(company)
MBS applicant(2 accounts)
CAC documents of sponsor(company)
Proof of office location
Letter of sponsorship from company.
Study leave letter from company
Passport and previous passport pages showing travel history.
University Certificate
University Statement of Result
Letter of Completion from HOD.
NYSC discharge certificate
Online WAEC certificate
Upfront Medical Slip
Four Training Certificates in different but related fields.
Proof of membership of association.
Birth certificates of children
Birth certificate of husband
Marriage certificate
Family picture
ID card
Tax card
Two proofs of published work done in the past.
Sale agreement of two apartments owned by my husband and I. (Both are partly paid for).

The documents full !

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teejay13(m): 10:12am On Jan 12, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Teejay,

As per the bolded, applying for a course isn't just about the number of years but the course that will show career and or academic progression. Now to apply for either master's or PGD/PGC depends on the grade(class of degree) one came out with. As we all know, when you have 2.2 and below, you have a lesser chance of securing admission in masters but a higher chance of admission in PGD. Yes, 2 years gives you 2-3 years PGWP while 8 months(1 year) course gives you only 1-year PGWP.

Now we have seen many instances of applicants after finishing the first year, immediately enrolled for another 1 year and at the end secured a 2-3 years PGWP so is very much allowed to secure 3 years PGWP after doing 2 (1 year) course concurrently. But note that, for this to be possible, you must start your second course immediately after you complete the first course. Not when you finish your first course, you now work small and come back to study then thinking you will get 2-3 years PGWP, no you won't.

Thank you ketima for the prompt reply. however, applying for the second program has to be while am running my first PGD program right?

Plus like how long does it take to apply and secure an admission in a Canadian college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2022
mrprolifik:

Click on the link below and select Nigeria to see what it says about admission and study gaps .
https://durhamcollege.ca/info-for/international/study-dc/admissions/country-admission-information#n
So pls which uni can I go that will accept the 5 years gap for me ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teejay13(m): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2022
mrprolifik:

That's what we call 1+1 year program . You finish a 1year program then do another 1year program. You will get a 3 year PGWP. But one thing you need to note is that both colleges or universities need to be a designated learning institute.

Thank you mrprolifik, your points are well noted. But at what interval do i consider while applying for the next program and does the courses have to be related?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olanrae(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2022
Hi guys

Please I need someone’s opinion

I’m applying for M.A Economics in university of Manitoba.
My area of interest is international finance and that’s what I selected in the application portal.
There is only one professor in that field ( international finance)
Can it have any form of bad effect on my admission and all

Tho I have 4.44 CGPA and some other good stuffs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 10:57am On Jan 12, 2022
bola01234:

So pls which uni can I go that will accept the 5 years gap for me ...
The 2 colleges I know that don't allow study gaps of more than 5 years from Nigerians are Durham college and Algonquin college both in the Ontario province.
You can try colleges like Conestoga college, Humber college , Niagara College . But to be 100% sure about other colleges or universities it is better to check their admission requirements or better still, send them an email to ask them if they accept study gaps before applying for admission online. It is better to email them first before applying so that you dont pay your application fee and then get a mail later that a study gap isn't accepted .
NB: the application fee is usually non refundable

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2022
Olanrae:
Hi guys

Please I need someone’s opinion

I’m applying for M.A Economics in university of Manitoba.
My area of interest is international finance and that’s what I selected in the application portal.
There is only one professor in that field ( international finance)
Can it have any form of bad effect on my admission and all

Tho I have 4.44 CGPA and some other good stuffs
if you submitted a strong application, you should get in plus your profile is strong. I believe it was not required to secure a supervisor before applying.. try to apply to more schools too. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2022
mrprolifik:
The 2 colleges I know that don't allow study gaps of more than 5 years from Nigerians are Durham college and Algonquin college both in the Ontario province.
You can try colleges like Conestoga college, Humber college , Niagara College . But to be 100% sure about other colleges or universities it is better to check their admission requirements or better still, send them an email to ask them if they accept study gaps before applying for admission online. It is better to email them first before applying so that you dont pay your application fee and then get a mail later that a study gap isn't accepted .
NB: the application fee is usually non refundable

Thanks very much
Thats what i am doing now..
checking requirements and would also send them a mail.
Thanks very mcuh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by khennyg: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2022
Good morning guys. IlPls i need your help and advice. Pls i applied for Canada visa around June last year and i was told to go for my medical and drop my passport around September 24. Unfortunately i lost phone and all. I got to know around January 10. Pls I need to know the step or what can i do? Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2022
Teejay13:

Thank you mrprolifik, your points are well noted. But at what interval do i consider while applying for the next program and does the courses have to be related?

Before I answer your question I want you to know that you can only apply for a PGWP once in a lifetime. Which means if you want to get the 3years post graduation work permit after study by combining 2 different study programs (1year+1year). You mustn't apply for PGWP after finishing the first program . You must finish both programs then after that apply for your PGWP.
The program doesn't have to be related and doesn't have to be in the same college or University or even province . So it's better you start the second program immediately after finishing the first program.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by khennyg: 11:13am On Jan 12, 2022
Good morning.Pls i need your help and advice. Pls i applied for Canada visa around June last year and i was told to go for my medical and drop my passport around September 24. Unfortunately i lost phone all. I got to know around January 10. Pls I need to know the step or what can i do? Also j wasn't mailed but ut has been on my portal since September 24.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 11:15am On Jan 12, 2022
khennyg:
Good morning guys. IlPls i need your help and advice. Pls i applied for Canada visa around June last year and i was told to go for my medical and drop my passport around September 24. Unfortunately i lost phone and all. I got to know around January 10. Pls I need to know the step or what can i do? Pls help

Did you apply for a study permit or a visitor visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 11:16am On Jan 12, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by khennyg: 11:16am On Jan 12, 2022
Study permit and i was supposedto resume in September last year
mrprolifik:

Did you apply for a study permit or a visitor visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 11:41am On Jan 12, 2022
khennyg:
Study permit and i was supposedto resume in September last year

You said you were told to drop your passport. I couldn't tell from your statement if your study permit application was approved or not . But if it was approved and your passport was requested which you didn't provide and secondly the resumption date for the program has passed. My advice to you is to contact your school and explain this to them and ask them for a New letter of acceptance for you to start this program this year . Then with the new letter of acceptance write to IRCC and explain your issues to them and see if they can still issue you a new study permit using your new letter of acceptance .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Obibaby: 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ohh nice, me too - Sept'22

thaiwo1234:

Am going there start date sep 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teejay13(m): 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
mrprolifik:

Before I answer your question I want you to know that you can only apply for a PGWP once in a lifetime. Which means if you want to get the 3years post graduation work permit after study by combining 2 different study programs (1year+1year). You mustn't apply for PGWP after finishing the first program . You must finish both programs then after that apply for your PGWP.
The program doesn't have to be related and doesn't have to be in the same college or University or even province . So it's better you start the second program immediately after finishing the first program.

Okay, now I am cleared. Thank you for the clarification mrprolifik
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by thaiwo1234: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Obibaby:
Ohh nice, me too - Sept'22

I sent you an email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by matthew080: 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hello
pls I will like to apply for admission at Conestoga college,as an undergraduate
Pls what do I need to apply ?
Is only my waec enough
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BabajhideySammy: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
It’s PPR
Finally ended in praise.

First time applicant
Timeline.
Application submitted: July 13
Biometrics: July 15
Request for updated loa: September 30
Request for medical: September 30
Medical passed: October 26
Correspondence letter: January 6
PPR:January 12.

Wasn’t an easy wait at all, especially seeing people with similar timeline getting approvals.
Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
6months sponsor statement(mother)
Letter of Purpose
Letter of Justification (explaining every transaction above 100k)
Property documents
Sponsor’s employment letter and letter of promotions.
My employment letter
Letter of introduction from employer.
Sworn Affidavit of Return
Education certificates (transcript, certificate,nysc certificate)..

I’ll like to thank the initiators of this thread and everyone here who chips in one or two things they know about visa application. These platform is so rich and I wish everyone waiting for PPR all the best.

Please, what do I do from here, I did my biometrics in Abuja btw, can I get the link for the consent form please.. thanks.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Classicolly48: 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Please I need your advice on Canada Student visa process, POF, Deed of Gift etc Fiankrobbn1, Mekano, ketima and other gurus in here. ,
Frankrobbn1:

Dear Aranmony,

Thank you for the acknowledgement of my expertise in overcoming your complicated immigration matter. I appreciate you taking the time to share your invaluable experience and feedback. I am happy to have been a part of your successful student visa application and wish you all the best in Canada.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Obibaby: 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
Congratulations

BabajhideySammy:
It’s PPR
Finally ended in praise.

First time applicant
Timeline.

Wasn’t an easy wait at all, especially seeing people with similar timeline getting approvals.
Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
Letter of Purpose
Property documents
My employment letter

I’ll like to thank the initiators of this thread and everyone here who chips in one or two things they know about visa application. These platform is so rich and I wish everyone waiting for PPR all the best.

Please, what do I do from here, I did my biometrics in Abuja btw, can I get the link for the consent form please.. thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
I'm a November applicant and no update from IRCC after biometrics plus no medical request till now too...its been on background check since then till nw nothing else. embarassed cry

lilangel20:
Please, any November applicant that has got his/her application touched aside background check?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2022
themankelechi:
I'm a November applicant and no update from IRCC after biometrics plus no medical request till now too...its been on background check since then till nw nothing else. embarassed cry

im sure they are yet to touch November
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Classicolly48: 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hello MzJane, please I need some clarifications on your application process. I also have two children, age 4 years and 1.5 years. Thanks
MsJanez01:

Good morning Nairaland Family. I have come to give back to the source that gave me hope on this journey since January 2021. Its PPR GUYS!!!!

*Long post Alert

I dedicate this testimony to God Almighty, the one who got times and season in his hands. Though it was a long wait, but it happened when it was meant to be.

October 2020, I decided to explore the study route after several attempt at EE and PNP with no success. Without robust knowledge and desperation, I had opted for a PGC instead of Masters (No Career Progression) at my first attempt cause i already had a masters which was declared.

First application (Self Sponsored)

Applied === January 31st 2021

School === Niagara College Ontario

Course === Intl Business Mgt (PGC)

NSE for MBS only ==== February 18th

Medical passed =====. March 2nd

Refusal and bvl. ====. May 5th 2021.

I left nairaland after this, as I was really down. I however contacted Mr. Frankrobbn1 of www.fandrglobal.com. He asked I ordered my notes and also get a Masters admission immediately while I wait for my notes. When my Gcms notes came out it revealed, I didn’t declare my former US refusal of which I was never refused a US visa. (I applied for Dropbox and they referred me for an interview. Checked for dates for almost 5months I never got one. Got tired in May 2019 and dropped the whole process. Now my GCMs revealed I was denied visa in 2018 without any refusal communication from US embassy. This was very embarrassing and annoying). All these I addressed in my 2nd application.

VO also had concerns about me leaving my kids; age 4&2. So Frank advised ire-applied with the 2years old this time as the 4years old and my husband served as ties back home. Financial asset, purpose of visit. All these were addressed by Frank (Doff my hat for this dude, e sabi work remain. He took my story like it was his and brought out a perfect script. The was he related my previous masters to the new program was so amazing). I got admission from UCW and UNB, both under 2weeks. Frank advised I go with UCW even though I desperately wanted UNB but after weighing certain options, I opted for UCW.

Second application timeline (Self sponsored)

Applied with all NSE==== June 30th

Program ==== MBA

School ==== UCW

Applied for my Notes Aug 6th, came back blank September 5th. It was obvious nothing was done then, The only thing I picked was that my secondary office was Lagos; I was excited about this as long as it’s not london.. lol. Decided not to apply for notes again till a decision came.

Started sending soft mails to Nairobi in August shortly after applying for my notes. Profile was still same as but however started classes online. This was a tough decision as my work in Lagos is really demanding but I struggled through it though with several days of Migraines... lol. It also took my mind off IRCC as I had several assignments and project deadlines to meet couple with my work. It really helped my mental sanity

PPR: November 19th. 2021.

God is faithful to his word and whatever He says he will do, He surely will

After 1 visit visa rejection, 1 study visa rejection... God has done

*Applicant’s Documents*

*IRCC FORMS*

1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),

2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)

3. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

*Applicants personal documents*

1. Copy of Applicant's family picture ( *spouse and kids).

2. Unconditional Official Letter of Acceptance from the University Canada West,

3. First year tuition payment receipt from University Canada West, (I eventually paid additional fees while my application was in process and sent it via webform to IRCC)

4. Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate,

5. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate,

6. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page,

7. Letter of explanation addressing the reasons for the previous refusal.

8. NYSC discharge certificate

9. Degree certificate,

10. Transcripts

11. IELTS

*Financial documents*

1. Employment letter

2. Letter of Introduction from Employer,

3. My Bank statement Certificate (18M sitting balance. 7M has been there while 11M was liquidated from my Stanbic mutual asset account, Statement was also included)

4. Six (6) months regular bank statement showing inflow and outflow of funds.

5. Employment pay slip.

6. Letter of recommendation from my supervisor at work

7. Pension contributions statement.

*Proof of Relationship Documents*

1. Marriage Certificate.

2. Wedding Photos

*Kids Documents*

1. Birth certificate for the kids,

2.Children's international passport bio data page

3.PDF screenshot of email correspondence with a Daycare around the University Canada West.

*Husband's Documents*

1. Valid ID for Hubby.

2. Employment letter.

3. Work ID

4. Husband's Consent letter

No land or asset document submitted. This was a very big fear as almost all approval timeline I saw then had plenty land documentations. But Frank assured me I was going to pull through without it. Frank is highly recommended guys, though he is a busy man so if you plan to use him, you have to gather a lot of patience... lol.

Thank you for taking out time to read. Now we plan our flight to Vancouver

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DamilareOla: 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
@Makano

Please check your email.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DamilareOla: 1:48pm On Jan 12, 2022
Congratulations �

BabajhideySammy:
It’s PPR
Finally ended in praise.

First time applicant
Timeline.

Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
Letter of Purpose
Property documents
My employment letter

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
Raeinn:

May 15th Applicant, still waiting too

Guys it’s a PPR request. My God has remembered me. Apparently it was approved yesterday but I didn’t get any notification.I’ve been a silent follower. But i must appreciate @makano and @vivigogos for all their help and encouragement. I just got my approval this afternoon after 8months. I will come back and post documents I submitted. God bless you all for your assistance. I learned a lot here.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MsJanez01: 1:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
[quote author=Classicolly48 post=109306284]Hello MzJane, please I need some clarifications on your application process. I also have two children, age 4 years and 1.5 years. Thanks [/quote

Hi. What exactly do you want clarification about?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.