Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851867 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jay246: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Raeinn:

Guys it’s a PPR request. My God has remembered me. Apparently it was approved yesterday but I didn’t get any notification.I’ve been a silent follower. But i must appreciate @makano and @vivigogos for all their help and encouragement. I just got my approval this afternoon after 8months. I will come back and post documents I submitted. God bless you all for your assistance. I learned a lot here.

Congratulations… Are you saying you weren’t sent a mail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Jay246:

Congratulations… Are you saying you weren’t sent a mail
The mail was sent this afternoon but my timeline shows my passport request came yesterday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Raeinn:

Guys it’s a PPR request. My God has remembered me. Apparently it was approved yesterday but I didn’t get any notification.I’ve been a silent follower. But i must appreciate @makano and @vivigogos for all their help and encouragement. I just got my approval this afternoon after 8months. I will come back and post documents I submitted. God bless you all for your assistance. I learned a lot here.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
Raeinn:

The mail was sent this afternoon but my timeline shows my passport request came yesterday

Today is 12 baba cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debankie: 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hi guys, pls what's the minimum amount that's supposed to be in the account for the period of 4months, for student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gbenag2000: 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
Congratulations. What a wait. Please what did you do during the period of wait. Also a May 30th applicant. Last ghost update was November 29th and Upfront medicals passed on October 28th.
Raeinn:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Exline101: 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Shukusheka:
Boss, sent you a DM. I also have an admission from University of Regina, going through the OND route like your brother. Please respond.

Hello brother , is there anyway I can get @justmellows contact ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2022
Gbenag2000:
Congratulations. What a wait. Please what did you do during the period of wait. Also a May 30th applicant. Last ghost update was November 29th and Upfront medicals passed on October 28th.

Honestly i was losing my mind. I only started sending them emails in October last year.I sent countless emails but I kept getting the generic response. At some point i just stopped. I prayed and fasted for the longest.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by khennyg: 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
Thanksso much
mrprolifik:

You said you were told to drop your passport. I couldn't tell from your statement if your study permit application was approved or not . But if it was approved and your passport was requested which you didn't provide and secondly the resumption date for the program has passed. My advice to you is to contact your school and explain this to them and ask them for a New letter of acceptance for you to start this program this year . Then with the new letter of acceptance write to IRCC and explain your issues to them and see if they can still issue you a new study permit using your new letter of acceptance .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Obibaby: 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
Wonderful. God be praised. Congratulations

Raeinn:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Exline101: 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
Anon123:

Awww... Am blushing.. Congratulations.

Congratulations brother , please is there anyway I can get @justmellow’s contact or @Anon123

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
Congrats to you Raeinn,

I am happy to be part of your success story, It has finally ended in praise..

Canada cant wait for you to explore..

Peace
Raeinn:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amila20042001: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
Good day guys, please i need ur advice.

I have B.Sc in chemistry, graduated more tahn 10years ago. please which university/college can i apply for masters program with affordable tuition fees.

Nb: study gap is more than 10years and all these while, have been working in an insurance company

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BAsunshine(f): 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
Just got my passport back from Abuja with the visa stamp. Literally took less than 4 working days, sweet!

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amila20042001: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
BAsunshine:
Just got my passport back from Abuja with the visa stamp. Literally took less than 4 working days, sweet!
Congrats!!!

Study permit?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BabajhideySammy: 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
BAsunshine:

Hi, where did you get the consent form please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
BabajhideySammy:

Yea please can someone share the consent form link? I saw some online but I’m not sure about them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Uzoamaka123: 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
BabajhideySammy:
It’s PPR
Finally ended in praise.
Hello, did you also submit your own bank statement?
First time applicant
Timeline.
Application submitted: July 13
Biometrics: July 15
Request for updated loa: September 30
Request for medical: September 30
Medical passed: October 26
Correspondence letter: January 6
PPR:January 12.

Wasn’t an easy wait at all, especially seeing people with similar timeline getting approvals.
Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
6months sponsor statement(mother)
Letter of Purpose
Letter of Justification (explaining every transaction above 100k)
Property documents
Sponsor’s employment letter and letter of promotions.
My employment letter
Letter of introduction from employer.
Sworn Affidavit of Return
Education certificates (transcript, certificate,nysc certificate)..

I’ll like to thank the initiators of this thread and everyone here who chips in one or two things they know about visa application. These platform is so rich and I wish everyone waiting for PPR all the best.

Please, what do I do from here, I did my biometrics in Abuja btw, can I get the link for the consent form please.. thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
Congratulations!

BabajhideySammy:
It’s PPR
Finally ended in praise.

First time applicant
Timeline.

Wasn’t an easy wait at all, especially seeing people with similar timeline getting approvals.
Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
Letter of Purpose
Property documents
My employment letter

I’ll like to thank the initiators of this thread and everyone here who chips in one or two things they know about visa application. These platform is so rich and I wish everyone waiting for PPR all the best.

Please, what do I do from here, I did my biometrics in Abuja btw, can I get the link for the consent form please.. thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
Thank God! Congratulations.

Raeinn:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
Congrats Peruxie

I didn't know I was an angel though... smiles

Go and prosper in Canada..

It has ended in praise..

Peace
peruxie:
Long Post Alert!
I said I was gonna come back �
This Canada waka has not been easy.I am a second time applicant. I used the service of an immigration lawyer in Canada for my first application. I was devastated after spending hugely ( over 500k)for my refused application. Shortly after using the services of the imm lawyer was when google brought me to Nairaland platform. So immediately after my refusal I contacted justmellow on Nairaland but fully engage him through his social media page on Twitter/IG @GCMSWriters after seeing an impressive review about him here.The rest is now history. Glory be to God.

1st application

Applied - January 15th 2021
Refusal - May 27th 2021
Biometrics –january 21, 2021
Medicals – Upfront
Eligibility Start: not sure cos my lawyer took charge of the IRCC account

Reasons from notes ordered- source of family’s income was unclear.
It was unclear whether funds provided will be available for studies.
Motivation to pursue studies was unreasonable.
Study plan was general .

2nd application

Applied - August 8, 2021
Eligibility review- November 8,2021
MeDical updated- November 22, 2021
PPR- November 23, 2021.

Our gurus on this platform are not getting enough exposure and support because these guys are awesome. @Justmellow also guided me on how to withdraw the service of the immigration lawyer and came up with quite an approach as if he was an IRCC rep. I screamed when I saw the approved message. It was like I was shocked by an electricity leak. Lol

How I addressed the reasons for refusal ,
I contacted @justmellow for assistance. He went for his application guide & advice services and he also wrote my SOP and LOE ( as they said the initial one I did was general) And he also advised on extra documents I could add to back up my application.

As par my family establishment ..I added my dad’s retirement letter and also provided CAC for his new business of which luckily I had a stake in( even though the business no dey function)
As par funds not sure of being available- I provided my payslips for 6months to show source of funds( I didn’t submit my payslips in first application), 6 months MBS of my accounts.)
As par motivation for studies- it was clearly narrated in my SOP by @justmellow. In the process of waiting for my application to be approved, I requested my GCMS notes from justmellow website www.gcmswriters.com

Documents used

All the IMM forms
Letter of Recommendation from local government chairman
Undergraduate degree certificate
NYSC Certificate
SSCE/WAEC
WES Certificate
Study Leave letter from my office
Letter of Introduction from my office
Offer of Employment from my office
Payslips 6 months
Work ID Card
MyBankStatement salary account - 2m
MyBankStatement Savings account -6m
Mutual funds -350k
Pension Funds - 5.5m
First Semester Tuition Fee Payment
Bank Letter of Reference savings account
Letter of Support (Father)
Deed of Assignment and valuation Documents
My Car Pictures and it’s documents
Affidavit of support from dad
Retirement Letter of dad and certificate of Service CAC Business Registration documents and Business ID Card for dad
Birth certificate for dad and siblings
My resume
Police report.

I want to use this medium to thank justmellow for his efforts put in my application though it was paid and also for having a listening ear…also to the angels in this forum like Makano, frankrobbn, anon123 etc for helping in one way or the other through their questions and solutions to them, I say thank you and to the creator of this Nairaland forum too. It’s been a long journey but thank God it ended well. Pardon me if there are any typos, abeg manage the reading like that. It is still a dream. Thank you mellow.

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO TRULY DOESN’T EXIST

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2022
Check Niagara College if your program is offered there. I got admission with more than 5 years study gap.
Congratulations in advance.

bola01234:

So pls which uni can I go that will accept the 5 years gap for me ...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omoboriowoJay: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2022
Greeklinkweek:

Hi Omoboriowo,
Straight to the point - No Decision simply means the College hasn't decided yet.

The waiting period feels the longest and I know exactly how it feels.

Since you're currently working in the IT industry, then I think you're in the right direction.

However, your SOP must reflect how your current work experience has influenced your decision to pursue the program. Also, you've to link it to what you intend doing after the program (i cannot exhaust the points in this comment).

My advices -
1) Apply to more than one school (maybe a university and college)
2) If possible apply to programs that has a co-op/practicum
3) Prepare a strong graduate cv and sop

There's an Ontario based Educational Firm (email: contact@1grad.ca) that offers free services except if you need their assistance in statement of purpose and graduate cv write-ups.

Wishing you the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Atigba: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
My people

How is British Columbia Province

I mean when it comes to job opportunities for student, lifestyle, social, weather, and beauty.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mercyfoundme05: 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
BabajhideySammy:
It’s PPR
Finally ended in praise.

First time applicant
Timeline.

Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
Letter of Purpose
Property documents
My employment letter

Hello Babajide..

Congratulations to you. May the land favor you! Go and flourish. Please I sent you a message, kindly check your email. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teejay13(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
BabajhideySammy:
It’s PPR
Finally ended in praise.

First time applicant
Timeline.

Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
Letter of Purpose
Property documents
My employment letter

Congratulations...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
Legacyedition:

Today is 12 baba cheesy
I’m a lady �
Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BAsunshine(f): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
amila20042001:

Congrats!!!

Study permit?

Yea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BAsunshine(f): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
BabajhideySammy:

I sent Vfs an email before I sent the package. In their response, they attached it as a pdf file.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BAsunshine(f): 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
Raeinn:

Yea please can someone share the consent form link? I saw some online but I’m not sure about them.

https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2G0GtF7WPLvzToKOfompkv/c03d754f3eaf210cf115e35a9bfd096b/VFS-ConsentForm.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teekay20: 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by itsmolep(m): 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
Teekay20:
Please what's the procedure of getting MBS? Please

Go to your bank and request for it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.