Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169874 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

Yes school fees mostly already, which is more than 7m!

I'm not talking about school fees, apart from school fees you also presented bank statement showing that you have £1,023 monthly (for up to 9 months) for outside London

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
justwise:

I'm not talking about school fees, apart from school fees you also presented bank statement showing that you have £1,023 monthly (for up to 9 months) for outside London

grin

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iruosonobrugwhe: 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
Accept the one for grade 2 and re-apply for the other one. Chances are that they will get the child into same schol in the next round except he school is actually full. i think you only need to pay for the senior one..key stage 1 i.e jnr primary is free feeding. and the meals if i remeber costs about £10 per week.

mex551:
Good evening Ancestors on this street. I need your guidance here. We just relocated to Coventry from Naija and in the process of finding school for the kids. We wrote to the council and they scheduled a zoom meeting with us where they interviewed us alongside the kids. (6 and cool they told us that the nearest school of our choice has vacancy for the 6 year old in grade 2 while they do not have vacancy for the other kid who should be in grade 4. They said the option we have is to accept the nearest school for the grade 2 and the other farther school for the other one while we apeal to the council to see if they can reconsider and place both in same school

That is one. The next is that if they eventually place them and we want them fed, we would have to pay to the school for feeding. That one confuse me. I thought public schools in UK feed their pupils. Abi Coventry own dey different. How do I handle this feeding own.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frank043(m): 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
HaneefahRN:

Thank you for the response ☺️. Structural engineering.

Great! I'm also a structural engineer.

I don't know your level of experience, I don't know if you are already here in the UK and I don't know your circumstance. However, I can confirm to you that structural engineers are in HIGH demand across the UK.

Don't hesitate to revert should you need further information.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2022
justwise:

Were you expecting to read a ''preferred'' answer of an honest truth?

Diluted Honest truth grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by careerwoman(f): 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hello people
Please I need your help.
Please does anyone know how I can get in contact with Qatar Airways office in Doha by phone call?
I booked a ticket directly from their website and would like to reschedule however, the contact centers in India I’ve been connected to through their helplines are not yielding to my request.
Or is there a physical office in Abuja I can visit tomorrow?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2022
hustla:

grin

You stole this from me. Make I use two

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
Chreze:

You stole this from me. Make I use two

grin grin

I wan be like my Oga ni

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
hustla:

I wan be like my Oga ni

cheesy

Bros doesn’t hold back at all. Him don see things so telling the truth from the on set go save tears. Naija just hard well well and one thing I discovered is, if you wait next month, your money go reduce. If you wait another month again e go reduce. Project money de hardly increase for Naija.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HopeLoveLife: 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2022
justwise:

Mr Interviewer, I should start analyzing what I used my money for to you because of what? I asked for a request and you are here questioning me like what ? Please keep your questions to yourself. Some people be acting like small god thinking people can’t afford to travel. I have seen your attacks here and how you look down on many.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:11am On Jan 15, 2022
Where is the popcorn grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

Mr Interviewer, I should start analyzing what I used my money for to you because of what? I asked for a request and you are here questioning me like what ? Please keep your questions to yourself. Some people be acting like small god thinking people can’t afford to travel. I have seen your attacks here and how you look down on many.

If you don't know they ask someone at POE for bank statement. You can go and check the gist on the UK student visa. Justwise is just helping you.

Nobody is looking down on you no be everything you go look as insult. Sometimes let's put this egotistical behavior down and learn. You will learn a lot. It can be your saving grace.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HopeLoveLife: 12:30am On Jan 15, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

If you don't know they ask someone at POE for bank statement. You can go and check the gist on the UK student visa. Justwise is just helping you.

Nobody is looking down on you no be everything you go look as insult. Sometimes let's put this egotistical behavior down and learn. You will learn a lot. It can be your saving grace.
I know where he is heading at, I’m no fool and I have seen him do that a lot. He feels people who ask such questions don’t actually have the POF. He is just trying to act tricky.

I also saw your gist on the student thread chai I see you are no different from the justwise guy...smh!

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:01am On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

I know where he is heading at, I’m no fool and I have seen him doing that a lot. He feels people who ask such questions don’t actually have the POF. He is just trying to act tricky.

I also saw your gist on the student thread chai I see you are no different from the justwise guy...smh!

If you are asked these questions at POE, what exactly will you do in that case?

Get angry and be defensive?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:02am On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:
Any site for free accommodation ? Even if it is just for 1 month Biko, this situation is getting me pretty sad.
Or are there places one could get loan here in Nigeria before departure ? Please help me,e I am totally confused on what to do.

To be honest, there hardly any free accommodation in the UK for one night not to talk of one month.....even cheap self its usually hard to find.

So prepare your mind so you can plan accordingly

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 1:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Hehehe please my dear do what you have to do to move to the next level. Those that are asking these questions ask them if they came with trailer of money during their time.

People are coming here hustling it out without having all the money(why are we deceiving ourselves).

Even them talking their families are using the same method but you will come here and be forming KNOW ALL.

I used the same method I'm in my house come and ask me questions smiley

At the end of the day you are not my GOD period#.

HopeLoveLife:

I know where he is heading at, I’m no fool and I have seen him doing that a lot. He feels people who ask such questions don’t actually have the POF. He is just trying to act tricky.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

Nobody is looking down on you no be everything you go look as insult. Sometimes let's put this egotistical behavior down and learn. You will learn a lot It can be your saving grace.

His advice is actually what made me plan a bit better with fees and choice of Uni but the problem is most Nigerians no dey always wan learn from the mistakes and experiences of others .. hard way na in them like smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:04am On Jan 15, 2022
Olinga:
Hehehe please my dear do what you have to do to move to the next level. Those that are asking these questions ask them if they came with trailer of money during their time.

People are coming here hustling it out without having all the money(why are we deceiving ourselves).

Even them talking their families are using the same method but you will come here and be forming KNOW ALL.

Did your God tell you to lie in your visa app by any chance?

grin

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 1:05am On Jan 15, 2022
Olga please stop forming ignorance here that was not what he meant when he said that. She might have borrowed the funds, funds will be in the account until she is cleared but must return it. So she really doesn't have money to spend. But the clearance is not an issue.

Quit this ignorant Messiah talk abeg

hustla:

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:05am On Jan 15, 2022
Chreze:

Bros doesn’t hold back at all. Him don see things so telling the truth from the on set go save tears. Naija just hard well well and one thing I discovered is, if you wait next month, your money go reduce. If you wait another month again e go reduce. Project money de hardly increase for Naija.

True

Started when GBP was around 600/640, went up to 770 now

Regretted not changing to GBP and holding but then, Jah knows best smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 1:06am On Jan 15, 2022
Oga I said I did it, I dey my house come and collect my visa now.

hustla:

Did your God tell you to lie in your visa app by any chance?

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 1:07am On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

This energy you are displaying.......you never ready sa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:07am On Jan 15, 2022
Olinga:
Olga please stop forming ignorance here that was not what he meant when he said that. She might have borrowed the funds, funds will be in the account until she is cleared but must return it. So she really doesn't have money to spend. But the clearance is not an issue.

Quit this ignorant Messiah talk abeg

You have not answered my question and all Im seeing here is you trying to deflect and make noise

This exact scenario happened to someone recently and I was asked to help in crediting the account as funds had already been sent back

If asked to show funds at POE or make a transaction, what or how will you explain at the POE?

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nairalandolodo3(f): 1:08am On Jan 15, 2022
Hello house. Please where and how and who can I apply to as a registered nurse for the NHS? I've applied and applied to trac with no positive feedback. Please help me out. Any town/city at all I'm okay but preferably Manchester or Southampton.

Also is it advisable to send out emails to hospitals or to trusts?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 1:08am On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

Wahala for different gates and stages of this UK waka. Laslas everybody go dey alright in one form grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:08am On Jan 15, 2022
Olinga:
Oga I said I did it, I dey my house come and collect my visa now.

You are not worth a reply or back and forth exchanges

Shalom

smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 1:08am On Jan 15, 2022
claremont:

I know a guy way back in 2009 who enrolled on a 1 year course in London. He only paid a deposit for his tuition from Nigeria and had the intention to work to pay off the balance. He worked legally and illegally in London, and paid off the balance of the fees. However, he ended up failing the course and also failed the resits as he had no time and energy to study. He has been living illegally in London since 2011 when his visa expired.

It's much better to pay all the tuition fees upfront, and then work to pay accommodation and bills. It still wouldn't be easy and your final grade would get hammered, but at least, you don't stand a risk of getting kicked out of your course and your visa being curtailed.

Thanks alot.

I really appreciate all the responses
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 1:10am On Jan 15, 2022
So you came with all your school fees and living expenses? Gist me please

hustla:

[b]His advice is actually what made me plan a bit better with fees and choice of Uni [/b]but the problem is most Nigerians no dey always wan learn from the mistakes and experiences of others .. hard way na in them like smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 1:11am On Jan 15, 2022
Same here darling. Enjoy your night shift.

hustla:

You are not worth a reply or back and forth exchanges

Shalom

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 1:11am On Jan 15, 2022
Olinga:

He appears not to have money for his FIRST month rent and you are encouraging him?
Hustling is fine, but it must be done with sense.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:14am On Jan 15, 2022
mizGene:

He appears not to have money for his FIRST month rent and you are encouraging him?
Hustling is fine, but it must be done with sense.

You really have time

Its back to Netflix for me

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HopeLoveLife: 1:14am On Jan 15, 2022
hustla:

And what makes you feel I don’t have it? Na wa for you ooo!!! This Naija mentality no be small.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.