Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176684 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2021
umarwy:

They might give a bogus/legit Airbnb link, and when payment doesn't go through suggest PayPal or transfer for quick resolution

Then you re suggest CC or C Only......... smiley

Who no sabi put meat for mouth, make the meat disappear technique.......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bmuhd4smile: 8:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Good Morning guys.... pls I have IOM certificate that will expire by December for a particular school but I later changed my mind on that school.... now I have offer from my another school which I prefer.

Can I use same certificate since it's not expired yet to apply for visa or the IOM certificate must bear name of the school am applying visa to...

Pls guide me through
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by twosquare(m): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2021
Richhard:

Thanks.
Monzo is the easiest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2021
Davidganna10:
but I read somewhere that the dependant cannot apply for student visa or tier 2 visa from UK. He/she will have to apply from home country.

Uk immigration rules changes so rapidly so I am going to forgive you for this comment smiley. Always read the latest rules so you are up to date

They changed this over a year ago... you can switch from within UK. Even if no, that not a big deal but s plane ticket away. However its changed now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Icesnow(f): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2021
fatima04:

They are much better this year, it took about 10days in all and my card and token was delivered to UK within those days. Quite surprising all for about 10k.

Although the loads of repetitive emails and reference still exist sha
pls how did u get your token delivered? I'm in the same dilema.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Davidganna10: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Uk immigration rules changes so rapidly so I am going to forgive you for this comment smiley. Always read the latest rules so you are up to date

They changed this over a year ago... you can switch from within UK. Even if no, that not a big deal but s plane ticket away. However its changed now
thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by opiumpuppy: 9:54am On Oct 10, 2021
Hi guys, please I have a question that needs urgent answers.

How possible is it to get a UK student visa if my application includes my 4yrs old son? I am a single parent who is never married to his mother and I basically have been his sole guardian since he was 7months old.

Or should I go first and work for him to join later?

Kindly assist.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2021
iyatrustee:
I sent you a PM @Mamatukwas. Want to send something from Nig

My reply keeps bouncing back. Not sure why
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wongwe: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2021
For the person who was asking if he/she can work and pay his/her school fee. It’s currently possible especially during this post pandemic season. I am believing that UK is witnessing a drastic reduction in key workers across many sector. Especially Health and Logistics.

As shown in the attached picture and this link below
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Students on tier 4 visa can now work unlimited hours. Provided you picked a care wok or NHS job.

I will advise that you also consider schools that allow installments payment . Like Teesside University that structured payments into 8 -10 a semester.

Happy Sunday

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2021
wongwe:
For the person who was asking if he/she can work and pay his/her school fee. It’s currently possible especially during this pandemic. I am believing that UK is witnessing seeing a drastic reduction in many sector. Especially Health and Logistics.

As shown in the attached picture and this link below
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

Students on tier 4 visa can now work unlimited hours. Provided you picked a care wok or NHS job.

I will advise that you also consider schools that allow installments payment . Like Teesside University that structured payments into 8 -10 a semester.

Happy Sunday
This is good news oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by zeke100(m): 11:43am On Oct 10, 2021
wongwe:

I was trying to check the jobs and I saw this

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
zeke100:

I was trying to check the jobs and I saw this
No care worker job listed oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wongwe: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Why not check the link I provided in the information. Everything was clearly stated there.

Here
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chummy25: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
Good day everyone, please is there any family staying in Northern Ireland. We just moved here and would like to meet some people already settled down here. Thanks. Please any advice on where and how to get affordable car to move around will be appreciated as we have a small baby and she is not taking the weather well. Any advice on how to settle down fast and well will surely be appreciated. We don't want to make lots of mistakes. From renting, looking for jobs for spouse and getting accommodation. We are still currently in a bed and breakfast. Thanks for you expected advice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chummy25: 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
Good day everyone, please is there any family staying in Northern Ireland. We just moved here and would like to meet some people already settled down here. Thanks. Please any advice on where and how to get affordable car to move around will be appreciated as we have a small baby and she is not taking the weather well. Any advice on how to settle down fast and well will surely be appreciated. We don't want to make lots of mistakes. From renting, looking for jobs for spouse and getting accommodation. We are still currently in a bed and breakfast. Thanks for you expected advice. [b][/b]
jtech17:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
jtech17:

Probably under Nurse
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
hustla:

Probably under Nurse

Pmsl grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
hustla:

Probably under Nurse

Care is not included ....

For care you can only do 20 hours during term... the only benefit with care is for now, they get the ihs fees back. They can ask for refund as a thank you due to covid support
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Care is not included ....

For care you can only do 20 hours during term... the only benefit with care is for now, they get the ihs fees back. They can ask for refund as a thank you due to covid support

Sounds great

Thanks for clarifying
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
icon8:

Pmsl grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

No idea what this means o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
fatima04:

The bolded is the key. I wan drop money for this wise line grin grin. I see so many focusing on the now and comparing with people that have been here for ages. Run your own race, no one's migration story is the same.

Hi Fatima, please what qualifications do I need to work ad a support worker? Can a student do thus or just care work?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jagbasneh(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Thanks �
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesudaughter(f): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
2 bedroom is fine for a starter, since they are all boys

Ndessien:
Good morning brothers and sisters. Can we get two bedrooms flat for family of five . We have 3 boys and none is more than 11 years old. A friend said it must be three bedrooms. We are still in Nigeria sha.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesudaughter(f): 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
Few of your favourite natives is not a bad idea. You can wear them in summer

Pearlyfaze:
Good evening my UK ancestors and ndị ichie. We will be Landing in Aberdeen soon. I hear say that side dey cold. Please Will l be able to wear my íshí Agụ clothes there?. I have some fine 3 months old natives, e dey pain me to leave am. But e go pain me more say I use am block wey I for carry food and still cannot wear it.
Please help advise on this biko.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
jesudaughter:
Few of your favourite natives is not a bad idea. You can wear them in summer

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iyafife: 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
As a Nigerian on a UK student visa, Do I stand a chance of being granted a US tourism/Visit visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:10am On Oct 11, 2021
Iyafife:
As a Nigerian on a UK student visa, Do I stand a chance of being granted a US tourism/Visit visa?

If you don't try....... You would never know....... Visa applications are granted on case by case basis.......... wink

Don't apply to travel term time and show you have evidence of self support (considering length of holiday)........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:12am On Oct 11, 2021
fatima04:

The bolded is the key. I wan drop money for this wise line grin grin. I see so many focusing on the now and comparing with people that have been here for ages. Run your own race, no one's migration story is the same.

I neva receive Alat ó......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kamkam007: 5:12am On Oct 11, 2021
fatima04:

Hi ma'am, please can I send a PM to you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.