Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,706 members, 7,813,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171474 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
CornOak:

Both the wife and the kid were included in his application, just confirmed. shocked

At some point the chicken will come home to roost.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
Stenvee:
Hello everyone
Please is anyone into plumbing or has information on how to go into plumbing in this country? embarassed

Cc Justwise

Not at all, no clue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2022
giselle237:
oga .. single mother or dead father… go and choose is what the elder states persons are saying

Old tricks, at some point that dead father will be found alive somewhere in the UK then all the years of lies will come crashing.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Stenvee:
Hello everyone
Please is anyone into plumbing or has information on how to go into plumbing in this country? embarassed

Cc Justwise

is justwise a plumber ni?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

is justwise a plumber ni?
grin Not at all
I felt he might know a thing or two
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CornOak(m): 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
justwise:

At some point the chicken will come home to roost.

So what do you suggest in this case?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
justwise:

They are his ties to Nigeria

Not his trousers and he abandoned his ties......... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
1. Legalise his stay so all his family comes over
2. Wife only applies
3. Try a different country

CornOak:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Stenvee:

grin Not at all

Just wondering lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
CornOak:

Try another country
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CornOak(m): 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bourne007:
1. Legalise his stay so all his family comes over
2. Wife only applies
3. Try a different country

Thank you, these options have been noted.

I was thinking the lady could claim sole responsibility on the child and back it up with court docs with a consent later from the husband.

Do you think this is feasible/possible?

Pardon my many questions o. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Stenvee:

grin Not at all
check online for courses, the answers are there, ask google how to be a plumber and see the answer

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
I excluded that because they are both in a previous application. And as justwise said 'at some point the chicken will come home to roast'

CornOak:

I was thinking the lady could claim sole responsibility on the child and back it up with court docs with a consent later from the gaty

Pardon myany questions o. cheesy

CornOak:

Both the wife and the kid were included in his application, just confirmed. shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bourne007:
I excluded that because they are both in a previous application. And as justwise said 'at some point the chicken will come home to roast'

Are you guys purposely saying ‘roast’? It’s Roost not Roast. I’m sorry I tried to mind my business but it’s now being quoted.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
What if it's a case of overstaying in Canada or America, then the wife got a job in the UK, will this implicate the man? Just relating it to a case I have at hand.

I will appreciate useful inputs from anyone
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
The phrase itself is not being quoted but of justwise's grin. I'm pretty sure he meant roost wink

Mamatukwas:

Are you guys purposely saying ‘roast’? It’s Roost not Roast. I’m sorry I tried to mind my business but it’s now being quoted.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2022
erico2k2:

check online for courses, the answers are there, ask google how to be a plumber and see the answer
I already asked google before coming here.
I only asked to hear from people's experience because I was not satisfied with answers from google
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2022
Stenvee:
I only asked to hear from people's experience because I was not satisfied with answers from google

Check this link https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/plumbing/online/luton-bedfordshire

https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualifications-and-apprenticeships/building-services-industry/plumbing/6189-plumbing-and-domestic-heating#tab=information

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by leef2022: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
tushqueen:
What if it's a case of overstaying in Canada or America, then the wife got a job in the UK, will this implicate the man[b][/b]? Just relating it to a case I have at hand.

No unlikely. But it would be wise to declare it on the application though.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
tushqueen:
What if it's a case of overstaying in Canada or America, then the wife got a job in the UK, will this implicate the man? Just relating it to a case I have at hand.

Has the husband left Canada/America and return back to Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2022
Stenvee:

Thank you very much

You can also check your local council website for vocational courses, i know some local councils provide such trainings as part of job training programs

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
AlphaUno:

Not only when you work for the bolded and also not only when you are the bolded.
If it’s you alone, good! And if you have dependants, you can do this below.

- The main applicant and his or her dependants can all get a refund that would be lodged directly into the account used in making the same payment initially.
- As long as you work in healthcare; either with care homes, Independent living, Domiciliary, NHS or whatever, you qualify.
- When applying, ensure your application (payslips) timeframe starts from March of the year under review to avoid rejection.
- If the main applicant (MA) and his dependant work in healthcare, they only need an application that will include all their details.
However, If their timeframe isn’t the same, they can decide to do it separately.

Remember me when the ££££ enter o, just a bottle of O’mara’s Salted Caramel Irish cream will do cool

What if you have Switched to Tier 2 VISA. Can you still get the refund? Family of 3
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
Omoluv5:
We tried to fill a sample form with new details and ticked a different option for the declaration part this morning but another page came up that didn't when he filled the form the last time, but when we got to the IHS payment part it still showed total as 0.0 and we were prompted to continue... now we don't even know where the error was made because obviously it's not even the declaration he earlier made that caused it.

I don't know if it's clear enough, just so confused right now.

Thank you

This seems to be the norm with in-country application. They will send an email for IHS top up fund when the application is being evaluated
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2022
Zahra29:

Short term solution....if they do this then it would be nigh on impossible for them to be an[i]official[/i] couple in the UK(if they still plan to be together) or for the husband to regularise his status through the wife (if this is what they were hoping)

If he can avoid getting caught till his child becomes a citizen, he can claim asylum.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
Stenvee:
what courses did you see on google?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 12:14am On Dec 16, 2022
lahify:
please enlighten me more, what I meant is that her company employs carers so she said she's talk to her bosses on my behalf

Yes, she should be able to help with the company she works for, if they issue sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 12:20am On Dec 16, 2022
gistbite:

What if you have Switched to Tier 2 VISA. Can you still get the refund? Family of 3

It’s better you apply before switching or on the verge of switching.

However, if you have switched, you can try your luck and apply. After all, there is no harm in trying.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 12:20am On Dec 16, 2022
CornOak:

I was thinking the lady could claim sole responsibility on the child and back it up with court docs with a consent later from the husband.

Pardon my many questions o. cheesy

Sole custody could work but that means there's no way the man can seek to regularize his stay through them
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 12:39am On Dec 16, 2022
gistbite:

If he can avoid getting caught till his child becomes a citizen, he can claim asylum.

Asylum on what basis? shocked

He could perhaps apply as the parent of a British child, but that would depend heavily on what evidence he could show of parental involvement as well as any false representations his wife may have made to secure her visa which the HO could use against him.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 2:25am On Dec 16, 2022
erico2k2:

what courses did you see on google?
I saw things like going to a college and spending 1 or 2 years to get a diploma in plumbing and becoming an apprentice/applying for a trainee position
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pogracious: 3:01am On Dec 16, 2022
Hello Ancestors

Thanks to all that contributed to my query.it is now resolved and I will be able to leave at the expiry date.All your contributions helped.
But I also have a question to ask,the washing machine in the apartment is mine as landlord did not provide one,can I leave it behind in the apartment or it will be considered as my stuff and they will call me to come and carry later.Asking because it will be a cost uninstalling and taking to recycle and if it can be useful to the next tenant,why not?
Your advise again sirs and mas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.