Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,298 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous (3288 Views)

4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by missidy: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2021
No dear, exposure is not by any of the above. You are not exposed because you sound shallow and uneducated. It's not just about going to school, let the school pass through you as well. Marry from your village and suit yourself, don't disturb others. Shalom.

thebosstrevor1:

It is funny that your "exposure" is determined because you dated non nigerian and because your father engages in inter racial marriages or because your family is inter tribal. How does marrying from a different race or tribe determines one exposure?

So if someone agrees with interracial or inter-tribal marriages, the person is exposed, if the person doesn't, they are not exposed, what kind of naiveness is that

Do you have to step out of Nigeria to know about something? You are naive if you think you have to step out of Nigeria to know about a certain subject.

Or do you want to dismissed the aggression from both black and white people when they see an interracial couple, the spitting, the slight abusive remarks from people, the different cultural differences between the couples in terms of cooking, raising kids etc, the disappointment from parents that their child married a black, how about isolation from friends and family. I hope you know that when a black guy sleeps with a white girl, to the whites, she is already a condemned woman.

Spare me your rants and your "embarrassment claim" when did having discussions and opposing views becomes something of embarrassing and this is coming from someone who claimed she is " exposed", it is laughable.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2021
missidy:
No dear, exposure is not by any of the above. You are not exposed because you sound shallow and uneducated. It's not just about going to school, let the school pass through you as well. Marry from your village and suit yourself, don't disturb others. Shalom.

Funny enough, you never wrote anything intelligent or intellectual for me to judge your intellectual capacity, you didn't even bring one countering opinion except ranting emotionally and throwing tantrums all over the place.

Now, you claim i am not exposed, i sound shallow and uneducated, this is so funny coming from someone who think traveling abroad or dating interracially and inter tribal makes one exposed and educated, typical shallowness of an average Nigerian.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by missidy: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2021
Awww, inferiority complex is a bad thing. I am not the cause of your problem. Enrich your mind and associations so you can be confident.

thebosstrevor1:

Funny enough, you never wrote anything intelligent or intellectual for me to judge your intellectual capacity, you didn't even bring one countering opinion except ranting emotionally and throwing tantrums all over the place.

Now, you claim i am not exposed, i sound shallow and uneducated, this is so funny coming from someone who think traveling abroad or dating interracially and inter tribal makes one exposed and educated, typical shallowness of an average Nigerian.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2021
missidy:
Awww, inferiority complex is a bad thing. I am not the cause of your problem. Enrich your mind and associations so you can be confident.

Interesting.

Don't bring your frustration near me, i have just check your profile and the threads you made. It all filled with frustration.

It potrays a person that has low self esteem, inferiority complex, depression and no confidence.

How about your sucidial posts,

I won't write further because if i do, you might end up committing sucide. I am not that evil. So if you have nothing important to write, ignore the thread.

Thank you.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by missidy: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2021
Awww, that was years ago. My life has changed tremendously since 2020. I am not ashamed of my journey. You are the frustrated one dear, looking for people to support your frustrated self. Why should I commit suicide because of you, someone I don't even know. I won't even go through your profile, that's a waste of my time.
Bring more, I have your time today.

thebosstrevor1:

Interesting.

Don't bring your frustration near me, i have just check your profile and the threads you made. It all filled with frustration.

It potrays a person that has low self esteem, inferiority complex, depression and no confidence.

How about your sucidial posts,

I won't write further because if i do, you might end up committing sucide. I am not that evil. So if you have nothing important to write, ignore the thread.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2021
missidy:
Awww, that was years ago. My life has changed tremendously since 2020. I am not ashamed of my journey. You are the frustrated one dear, looking for people to support your frustrated self.
Bring more, I have your time today.

No it didn't, if it did, then you won't be this abusive just because of my views.

The symptoms of frustration and depression is still evident in your life. grin

Sincerely typing, it is a waste of time engaging with you. Anything you write from now on will be ignored.

Have a nice and splendid day. grin cheesy
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by missidy: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2021
I did not abuse you, show me where I abused you? I stated my views just as you stated yours. You are the frustrated one since you want to use someone's past to make mockery, typical of Nigerians when they want to insult. You can't handle another person's counter views then don't open a thread. Nairaland is for everyone so shift.

thebosstrevor1:

No it didn't, if it did, then you won't be this abusive just because of my views.

The symptoms of frustration and depression is still evident in your life. grin

Sincerely typing, it is a waste of time engaging with you. Anything you write from now on will be ignored.

Have a nice and splendid day. grin cheesy
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Missionaire: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

It is most times, it about the city because of immigration patterns, you are more likely to meet someone of a different tribe or race in Metropolitan cities than in a regional city like say aba, yola or osogbo that is because people of different tribe or race move from these regional cities to metropolitan Cities to settle down in search of opportunities

For instance, i will take London, the bulk of interracial marriages happens in london because most immigrants settle there, so a black person is more likely to meet someone of different race for marriage there than outside london.

It is also similar to Nigeria, A igbo man is more likely to marry someone of different tribe in lagos than lets say in aba because of migration patterns due to economic reasons.

Your example is also similar to what i explained earlier, if you are from CRS and you were born in delta, since you have adapted to the place, you are more likely to marry from there, it is also similar to a black man who was born in Europe, he is more likely to marry a white woman because of the low population of blacks but it doesn't remove the fact that the people will see you as a cross river person or just a black person. People aren't colour or tribal blind even if you were born in another place not yours. They will still say he is a CRS man or a black man and these can hinder relationships if the culture of the parents aren't accepting, everything isn't about love sometimes. Cultural or racial acceptance matters.

I get you and agree. We are saying similar things.
However, there are few things that people's conservative views are yet to expand on. Business, academics, Tech etc are just some examples where nobody cares about where you are from.
Taking about employment, people rarely go for state jobs. It is mostly federal jobs and this is one of the places that having dual ethnicity gives advantage.
Even the politics sef, it has become all about godfatherism and alignments. As long as you are from a particular state, even if your mom is of a different state, you have the right to vote and be voted for and if you have the right alignments you can win.
Politics is never stable and transparent. It shouldn't be a yardstick to determine whether a person should intermarry or not. The world has become a global village and people are migrating everyday.
My both parents are from CRS, I grew up in Delta state but I'm living in Abuja currently. Before a person clocks 30, he might stay in at least three states and possibly marry from outside his tribe.
It is all personal.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by CareerMom: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2021
I'm surprised someone still has this kind of mentality. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Missionaire:

I get you and agree. We are saying similar things.
However, there are few things that people's conservative views are yet to expand on. Business, academics, Tech etc are just some examples where nobody cares about where you are from.
Taking about employment, people rarely go for state jobs. It is mostly federal jobs and this is one of the places that having dual ethnicity gives advantage.
Even the politics sef, it has become all about godfatherism and alignments. As long as you are from a particular state, even if your mom is of a different state, you have the right to vote and be voted for and if you have the right alignments you can win.
Politics is never stable and transparent. It shouldn't be a yardstick to determine whether a person should intermarry or not. The world has become a global village and people are migrating everyday.
My both parents are from CRS, I grew up in Delta state but I'm living in Abuja currently. Before a person clocks 30, he might stay in at least three states and possibly marry from outside his tribe.
It is all personal.

I am yet to see, how dual ethnicity helps in getting federal jobs in Nigeria, your argument in the last reply was that since your father was from a particular state, the person becomes automatically from that state.

Federal jobs is based on quota system, so how will dual ethnicity help in getting a federal job when you are automatically from your father's place as a multi ethnic person.

Politics everywhere is tribal even in the advanced world it similar. The world is a global village on paper, many Europeans and Americans are against immigration, there are lot of movement coming out to fight immigration, nationalism and populism is already high since the last immigration crisis, Europeans and Americans are seeing that their demography is changing and are willing to protect their land and identity.

Not many people will marry from other ethnic group even if they travel and live in every city in Nigeria, many will still go back to their home town to get married.

You are cross riverian, you grow up in delta and now lives in abuja, can you contest for political position in delta state and abuja.

Another instance, can you marry a muslim from the core north, where you have to change your religion to get married to their daughters?
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by ImaIma1(f): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

From your posts, you sound quite closed minded and set in your ways. Once you carry a matter, you refuse to accept that you might be wrong about your personal assumptions and conclusions. You lack the capacity to accept opinions and ideas from people that even seem more exposed than you.

Look at most, if not all of the comments on your thread. Most of them disagree with you. People that could be products of inter tribal marriages and who are not experiencing what you assumed. But you are still stuck in your thinking. To you, difference in tribe is the cause of all the problems in families.

Do you need a witch with a magic ball to tell you that those points you mentioned are not peculiar to inter tribal marriages? It's like something triggered you to write this and it has blinded you from seeing that it applies in all marriages/families.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2021
CareerMom:
I'm surprised someone still has this kind of mentality. Na wa.

Continue getting surprised.

The same people getting surprised, won't change their religion just to get married to another person from another religion.

Discriminate against you because you are from a particular church or social or economic group but then get surprised because someone is against inter tribal marriages.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

From your posts, you sound quite closed minded and set in your ways. Once you carry a matter, you refuse to accept that you might be wrong about your personal assumptions and conclusions. You lack the capacity to accept opinions and ideas from people that even seem more exposed than you.

Look at most, if not all of the comments on your thread. Most of them disagree with you. People that could be products of inter tribal marriages and who are not experiencing what you assumed. But you are still stuck in your thinking. To you, difference in tribe is the cause of all the problems in families.

Do you need a witch with a magic ball to tell you that those points you mentioned are not peculiar to inter tribal marriages? It's like something triggered you to write this and it has blinded you from seeing that it applies in all marriages/families.

Closed minded in what way, so if everyone disagree with you because of your opinion that means they are correct while you are wrong.

Right and wrong is not determined by public opinion or by social pressure, it is determined by practical applications.

Differences in tribe is also a cause of problems in marriages and relationships and the struggle is also different from someone who marries from a family from the same tribe.

Some of the people like you attacking me personally will never marry or allow their children to get married to someone from another religion or change religion to get married to someone. Will it not be hypocrisy to point finger at me for my views while in real life, you can't even stand views from another religious group, accept them or even get married to them.

Are you not on nairaland, when someone wrote that, she can't marry someone from a particular church or religion or people saying they can't marry from a particular social class or can't marry athiest or jehovah witness and when i write that i am against inter tribal marriages because of self preservation or some of the cultural issues, i am seen as a villian grin.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by ImaIma1(f): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Closed minded in what way, so if everyone disagress with you that means they are correct while you are wrong.

Right and wrong is not determined by public opinion or by social pressure, it is determined by practical applications

Differences in tribe is also a cause of problems in marriages and relationships and the struggle is also different from someone who marries from a family from the same tribe.

Some of the people like you attacking me personally will never marry or allow their children to get married to someone from another religion or change religion to get married to someone. Will it not be hypocrisy to point finger at me for my views while in real life, you can't even stand views from another religious group or even get married to them.

Are you not on nairaland, when someone wrote that, she can't marry someone from a particular church or religion or people saying they can't marry from a particular social class or can't marry athiest or jehovah witness and when i write that i am against inter tribal marriages because of self preservation or some of the cultural issues, i am seen as a villian grin.

So if people who are products of inter tribal marriages or those that have close people who are from such marriages tell you it'snot true, what matters is your own practical application or the fact that you have a right to your opinion. Even if the truth is staring you in the face?
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Missionaire: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I am yet to see, how dual ethnicity helps in getting federal jobs in Nigeria, your argument in the last reply was that since your father was from a particular state, the person becomes automatically from that state.

Federal jobs is based on quota system, so how will dual ethnicity help in getting a federal job when you are automatically from your father's place as a multi ethnic person.

Politics everywhere is tribal even in the advanced world it similar. The world is a global village on paper, many Europeans and Americans are against immigration, there are lot of movement coming out to fight immigration, nationalism and populism is already high since the last immigration crisis, Europeans and Americans are seeing that their demography is changing and are willing to protect their land and identity.

Not many people will marry from other ethnic group even if they travel and live in every city in Nigeria, many will still go back to their home town to get married.

You are cross riverian, you grow up in delta and now lives in abuja, can you contest for political position in delta state and abuja.

Another instance, can you marry a muslim from the core north, where you have to change your religion to get married to their daughters?

Inter-religious marriage is quite different from Inter-ethnic marriages. It is all about convictions.

Do you know that you can have local government of origin certificate from your state Laiason office and that is what proves you are from a particular state?
As it stands now, the nation is quite anti-igbos in its policies. FG jobs where there are like 10k slots, you might discover that only 100 can be given to the SE out of the six geopolitical zones of the nation.
So imagine your dad is from Anambra state but your mom is from Ogun state, Rivers state or Adamawa state. If you tried getting into the Military for example as a commissioned officer and you use Anambra state as your state of origin, your chances of getting in is lower than when you use your mom's state as your state of origin. So you can get two local government areas certificates which you can use to give you an edge for FG jobs.

Heck, even by being able to speak Ukwani by virtue of growing up in Delta state, I can be from Delta state using Ndokwa West as my local government area.
Not everybody wants to be a politician. Moreover, anybody can contest for FCT minister as long as you are a Nigerian.
Can you go into politics if you never chop belleful? So for you to go into politics, you just be quite comfortable financially. Many people who venture into politics do so from the public or private sectors. Your dual ethnicity will give you the edge to get that means of being financially comfortable before you think of going into politics.
You have dual senators, reps and other people who can recommend you for some juicy positions.
At the end of the day, people want to marry someone they can have peace of mind with and they can love, their tribes or religion notwithstanding.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

So if people who are products of inter tribal marriages or those that have close people who are from such marriages tell you it'snot true, what matters is your own practical application or the fact that you have a right to your opinion. Even if the truth is staring you in the face?

You didn't agree with my own opinion and acquaintances experiences when i wrote them here but then want me to agree with yours.

My acquaintances person opinions of inter tribal marriages were negative, while yours was positive. If yours is positive does it remove the fact that inter tribal marriages can be stressful for couples and children and that the challenges inter tribal couples faces is different from a couple who marries from the same ethnic group as theirs?

Why were you selective in answering questions, who don't you also tackle the inter religious angle and class angle?
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by ImaIma1(f): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You didn't agree with my own opinion and acquaintances experiences when i wrote them here but then want me to agree with yours.

My acquaintances person opinions of inter tribal marriages were negative, while yours was positive. If yours is positive does it remove the fact that inter tribal marriages can be stressful for couples and children and that the challenges inter tribal couples faces is different from a couple who marries from the same ethnic group as theirs?

Why were you selective in answering questions, who don't you also tackle the inter religious angle and class angle?

That's not how it works, that I have to agree with you when it is not true. The tribe is not the issue but the character/personalities of those involved. There are the same problems in same tribe or different tribe marriages.

Igbo will marry igbo and inlaws will still have problems with the wife. Yoruba will marry yoruba and the same will happen. Even me, same same with my husband, I still avoid my inlaws for my rest of mind.

A happy family is happy regardless of the tribes. It is people that make up a tribe. The tribe doesn't exist on its own.

People use these differences to their advantage instead of crying about something that shouldn't be an issue.

That is the difference between poeple who succeed and those who don't. While one is focusing on what he sees as a problem or disadvantage, another in that same situation will see it as an advantage and excel with it. So I get your perspective.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2021
Missionaire:

Inter-religious marriage is quite different from Inter-ethnic marriages. It is all about convictions.

Do you know that you can have local government of origin certificate from your state Laiason office and that is what proves you are from a particular state?
As it stands now, the nation is quite anti-igbos in its policies. FG jobs where there are like 10k slots, you might discover that only 100 can be given to the SE out of the six geopolitical zones of the nation.
So imagine your dad is from Anambra state but your mom is from Ogun state, Rivers state or Adamawa state. If you tried getting into the Military for example as a commissioned officer and you use Anambra state as your state of origin, your chances of getting in is lower than when you use your mom's state as your state of origin. So you can get two local government areas certificates which you can use to give you an edge for FG jobs.

Heck, even by being able to speak Ukwani by virtue of growing up in Delta state, I can be from Delta state using Ndokwa West as my local government area.
Not everybody wants to be a politician. Moreover, anybody can contest for FCT minister as long as you are a Nigerian.
Can you go into politics if you never chop belleful? So for you to go into politics, you just be quite comfortable financially. Many people who venture into politics do so from the public or private sectors. Your dual ethnicity will give you the edge to get that means of being financially comfortable before you think of going into politics.
You have dual senators, reps and other people who can recommend you for some juicy positions.
At the end of the day, people want to marry someone they can have peace of mind with and they can love, their tribes or religion notwithstanding.

Inter religious is not different from inter tribal marriages. They are similar.

Most churches will tell their members not to marry a muslim likewise the other because of their differences in religious beliefs, also even among Christians, many Christians won't marry from outside their sect. How about social class, a certain social class can't marry from a certain social class, some girls will say they can't marry broke men, while some men will say they can't marry broke women, but when someone raise a point of saying they are against inter tribal marriages, it becomes something like a discussion taboo.

Local governments origin certificate will only be given to you that is if you can prove that your father is from that area, someone from another tribe can't be given a local government certificate even if he was birn in that local government.

As for your Nigeria is anti igbo comment, that is not true, according to statistics, the numbers of igbos are more than any other group in the civil service, infact the quota system works in a way that a certain ethnic group is not favored than another group.

In terms of getting into the military, your state of origin on your document will determine for availability of space, lets imagine, your father is from crs and mother is from adamawa, on your document, your father surname and state of origin is what will be there, if for instance, you put adamawa on your document while your surname says otherwise even if your mother is from there, it has decrease your chance, opportunities will be given to those in that state instead of you.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

That's not how it works, that I have to agree with you when it is not true. The tribe is not the issue but the character/personalities of those involved. There are the same problems in same tribe or different tribe marriages.

Igbo will marry igbo and inlaws will still have problems with the wife. Yoruba will marry yoruba and the same will happen. Even me, same same with my husband, I still avoid my inlaws for my rest of mind.

A happy family is happy regardless of the tribes. It is people that make up a tribe. The tribe doesn't exist on its own.

People use these differences to their advantage instead of crying about something that shouldn't be an issue.

That is the difference between poeple who succeed and those who don't. While one is focusing on what he sees as a problem or disadvantage, another in that same situation will see it as an advantage and excel with it. So I get your perspective.

So your assertion and opinion is correct because it worked for your cousins while my story is incorrect because it goes against your fantasy. Or do you think reality is nollywood

I think it is getting ridiculous.

If tribe is not an issue then people won't identify by their tribe, as i have written before, the tribe influences the human.

The challenges couples in inter tribal marriages pass through is different from the challenges couples from the same tribe passes through, inlaws and extended families are more aggressive to couple in inter tribal marriages than couples from the same tribe, if you can't admit that then you are living in jupiter.

Your conclusion is just motivational speaking.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Missionaire: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Inter religious is not different from inter tribal marriages. They are similar.

Most churches will tell their members not to marry a muslim likewise the other because of their differences in religious beliefs, also even among Christians, many Christians won't marry from outside their sect. How about social class, a certain social class can't marry from a certain social class, some girls will say they can't marry broke men, while some men will say they can't marry broke women, but when someone raise a point of saying they are against inter tribal marriages, it becomes something like a discussion taboo.

Local governments origin certificate will only be given to you that is if you can prove that your father is from that area, someone from another tribe can't be given a local government certificate even if he was birn in that local government.

As for your Nigeria is anti igbo comment, that is not true, according to statistics, the numbers of igbos are more than any other group in the civil service, infact the quota system works in a way that a certain ethnic group is not favored than another group.

In terms of getting into the military, your state of origin on your document will determine for availability of space, lets imagine, your father is from crs and mother is from adamawa, on your document, your father surname and state of origin is what will be there, if for instance, you put adamawa on your document while your surname says otherwise even if your mother is from there, it has decrease your chance, opportunities will be given to those in that state instead of you.

Oga leave religion one side. Your topic is about ethnicity and not religion.
Also, it seems you don't know what is being done in this country. Come to Asokoro and see how people get local government certificate by only mentioning the local government chairman to like three predecessors and speaking the dialect. Some can claim that they didn't grow up in their state which can hold water.
Also, the issue of surname doesn't hold much water. There are different catchment areas and if you call under any, you enjoy the benefits of belonging.

Like I earlier said, it seems you don't know how things are being done in this country.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2021
Missionaire:

Also, it seems you don't know what is being done in this country. Come to Asokoro and see how people get local government certificate by only mentioning the local government chairman to like three predecessors and speaking the dialect. Some can claim that they didn't grow up in their state which can hold water.
Also, the issue of surname doesn't hold much water. There are different catchment areas and if you call under any, you enjoy the benefits of belonging.

Like I earlier said, it seems you don't know how things are being done in this country.

Now lets remove religion aside when i also wrote about religion and the change of religion when marrying inter tribally.

What you wrote about the state of origin saga in abuja is illegal, abuja indigenes are still given priority in politics of the fct

in other states, nobody will give you a state of origin certificate if your surname is not native to the area
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by MurderX: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
This OP foolish sha

1 Like

Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by ImaIma1(f): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

So your assertion and opinion is correct because it worked for your cousins while my story is incorrect because it goes against your fantasy. Or do you think reality is nollywood

I think it is getting ridiculous.

If tribe is not an issue then people won't identify by their tribe, as i have written before, the tribe influences the human.

The challenges couples in inter tribal marriages pass through is different from the challenges couples from the same tribe passes through, inlaws and extended families are more aggressive to couple in inter tribal marriages than couples from the same tribe, if you can't admit that then you are living in jupiter.

Your conclusion is just motivational speaking.

Your conclusion is actually myopic but you won't see it. That's the issue with being myopic.

As I said earlier:
That is the difference between poeple who succeed and those who don't. While one is focusing on what he sees as a problem or disadvantage, another in that same situation will see it as an advantage and excel with it

One question though. Are you related to Lostchild?
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by ImaIma1(f): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
Missionaire:

He's living in a bubble or in his own glass castle where inter tribal marriage is the problem inside the castle.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

Your conclusion is actually myopic but you won't see it. That's the issue with being myopic.

As I said earlier:
That is the difference between poeple who succeed and those who don't. While one is focusing on what he sees as a problem or disadvantage, another in that same situation will see it as an advantage and excel with it

One question though. Are you related to Lostchild?

Interesting. It is myopic because it goes against your fantasy.

And you still posted gour motivational speech as the conclusion of your reply as if life works like that.

Fyi, there are lot of people who follow your motivational speech yet are not successful.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

He's living in a bubble or in his own glass castle where inter tribal marriage is the problem inside the castle.

Lmoa

You are also living in a bubble where you think the challenges inter tribal marriages faces is the same as those that marry from the same tribe
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by ImaIma1(f): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lmoa

You are also living in a bubble where you think the challenges inter tribal marriages faces is the same as those that marry from the same tribe

My point is that they are not peculiar to one side. Both have their advantages. Op believes it's a major problem or setback.

Have you ever hear anyone denied political office because his mum is from a different tribe?

Have you seen families claim properties of wives from the same tribe?

There might be some other points that magnifies the differences but the points he raised don't follow.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by ImaIma1(f): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Interesting. It is myopic because it goes against your fantasy.

And you still posted gour motivational speech as the conclusion of your reply as if life works like that.

Fyi, there are lot of people who follow your motivational speech yet are not successful.

Seems you are a motivational speaker. You like the word.

Are you related to Lostchild? You guys reason alike.
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

My point is that they are not peculiar to one side. Both have their advantages. Op believes it's a major problem or setback.

Have you ever hear anyone denied political office because his mum is from a different tribe?

Have you seen families claim properties of wives from the same tribe?

There might be some other points that magnifies the differences but the points he raised don't follow.

Lmoa, stop being emotional about it, stop trying every means possible to belittle my points just because it is different from your own point of view, those that understand will understand, those that have personal experience will relate with what i wrote down.

Btw, i was the one who wrote the reply, check well. grin

I want to ask you again, can you allow your children to marry from some of other tribe who is of another religion lets say islam, buddhism, ATR?

Pls, don't try to avoid this question grin
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
ImaIma1:

Seems you are a motivational speaker. You like the word.

Are you related to Lostchild? You guys reason alike.

You are the motivational speaker, i don't believe in motivational speeches, i believe in reality.

And i don't know any lostchild
Re: Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous by Missionaire: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Now lets remove religion aside when i also wrote about religion and the change of religion when marrying inter tribally.

What you wrote about the state of origin saga in abuja is illegal, abuja indigenes are still given priority in politics of the fct

in other states, nobody will give you a state of origin certificate if your surname is not native to the area

You don't know nothing oga. E be like say na only me dey reply you sef. Just rest. You are right. Inter-ethnic marriages are bad. Marry from your tribe and let those who want to intermarry also do.
Live and let live.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Safest Way To Carry A Child? Pls Help / Which Do You Prefer, A Noisy Or Nosy Neighbour / My Wife Was Delivered Of A Healthy Baby Boy, But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.