Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses (15962 Views)

Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:

I am done with u. The truth has been preached to u. Wanna continue in falsehood and lies...suit yourself.

What a way to bow out from the discussion!
What do you know about ‘truth’?
I thought you people normally say there’s no ‘truth’ anywhere that one can pitch his tent anywhere he likes.
So “Unity in diversity” is the truth, right? While what Paul wrote below are the lies and falsehood? Don’t worry I’ve heard you loud and clear.

DappaD:

Romans 16:17(KJV)
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

1Timothy 1:3-4
“Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephʹe·sus when I was about to go to Mac·e·doʹni·a, so I do now, in order for you to command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies. Such things end up in nothing useful but merely give rise to speculations rather than providing anything from God in connection with faith.”

1Timothy 6:3-5
If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words. These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, 5 constant disputes about minor matters by men who are corrupted in mind and deprived of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain.”

2Timothy 4:3-4
“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.”

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

I thought you people normally say there’s no ‘truth’ anywhere that one can pitch his tent anywhere he likes.
So “Unity in diversity” is the truth, right? While what Paul wrote below are the lies and falsehood? Don’t worry I’ve heard you loud and clear.

1cor 7:19 makes my position clear. So u can quote 1 million other scriptures taken out of context n giving them your own meaning....ur cup of tea not mine.

Truth and meat of scripture has been passed to u can choose to reject it or not. I pray the Holy Spirit will open your eyes one day

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

I told you not to let him suspect that you're drawing him out of the box. Now he's feeling feverish over all the nonsense and ingredients he has said.

Well thank you, at least i now understand that the the confusion making members of Christendom Churches contradicting themselves with abuses, insults and curses are the results of their Unity in Diversity. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
freshboi88:

I’ve responded to you based on 1Corinthians 7:19 already.

DappaD:

You yourself quoted 1Corinthians 7:19 where it was said that circumcision/un-circumcision means nothing. Which means that the differences between the Christians back then was not as a result of doctrines because all those apostles no dey use eye see person wey dey teach different doctrine. 1Timothy 1:3-4, 6:3-5; Titus 3:10-11, 2John 7-11

But you’ve been dodging the scriptures I brought to your attention. The question is why?

DappaD:

Romans 16:17(KJV)
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

1Timothy 1:3-4
“Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephʹe·sus when I was about to go to Mac·e·doʹni·a, so I do now, in order for you to command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies. Such things end up in nothing useful but merely give rise to speculations rather than providing anything from God in connection with faith.”

1Timothy 6:3-5
If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion,  he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words. These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, 5 constant disputes about minor matters by men who are corrupted in mind and deprived of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain.”

2Timothy 4:3-4
“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.”

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

I’ve responded to you based on 1Corinthians 7:19 already. But you’ve been dodging the scriptures I brought to your attention. The question is why?
He won the arguments without the Bible nah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I told you not to let him suspect that you're drawing him out of the box. Now he's feeling feverish over all the nonsense and ingredients he has said.
Well thank you, at least i now understand that the the confusion making members of Christendom Churches contradicting themselves with abuses, insults and curses are the results of their Unity in Diversity. cheesy

Really I’m not interested in arguments that yield nothing fruitful. 1Timothy 6:4
The young man wanted to use style to run from the discussion so I wanted to put him on his toes because he thought the other time that because Witnesses left him to his folly, that he had something tangible to say.
You can even imagine, his friend Kingsley couldn’t come to his rescue throughout all of these because he doesn’t know where to start from as this “Unity in diversity” is completely new to his ears. My brother let us keep Jesus’ words to heart jare, A kingdom that is divided against itself CANNOT stand is a sure fact so “Unity in diversity” don get accident. grin Matthew 12:25

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bishopkingsley is just a clown!

The last time he said only those who believe that Jesus is Almighty God are Christians.
Then he mentioned few Churches that are not in agreement with his opinion yet there are many members of his own Church that will argue with him on that.
How i wish each person first mention the name of his/her Church before commenting they will not have anything to say but they're all hiding their Churches! cheesy

DappaD:

Really I’m not interested in arguments that yield nothing fruitful. 1Timothy 6:4
The young man wanted to use style to run from the discussion so I wanted to put him on his toes because he thought the other time that because Witnesses left him to his folly, that he had something tangible to say.
You can even imagine, his friend Kingsley couldn’t come to his rescue throughout all of these because he doesn’t know where to start from as this “Unity in diversity” is completely new to his ears. My brother let us keep Jesus’ words to heart jare, A kingdom that is divided against itself CANNOT stand is a sure fact so “Unity in diversity” don get accident. grin Matthew 12:25
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The last time he said only those who believe that Jesus is Almighty God are Christians.
Then he mentioned few Churches that are not in agreement with his opinion yet there are many members of his own Church that will argue with him on that.
How i wish each person first mention the name of his/her Church before commenting they will not have anything to say but they're all hiding their Churches! cheesy

To be honest with you, it’s really shocking. That was how Nancy2020 instantly denied her Catholic Church before the presence of the Witnesses because she knows in a matter of minutes, her religion will be made a laughing stock with just a handful of Scriptures.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well thank you, at least i now understand that the the confusion making members of Christendom Churches contradicting themselves with abuses, insults and curses are the results of their Unity in Diversity...... Max

And we know you share same denominators with those you class as christendom churches in the following areas..

1. Abuses

2. Insult

3. Curses cheesy grin which are equally result of one line of thought that don't exist just as you confirm it by stating that you have suspicious members amongst you.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

To be honest with you, it’s really shocking. That was how Nancy2020 instantly denied her Catholic Church before the presence of the Witnesses because she knows in a matter of minutes, her religion will be made a laughing stock with just a handful of Scriptures.

Promote Jesus Jesus is the actor of the Bible he is the reason God created man

Did God know Adam will fail yes so God made a provision through his son to take over if Adam fails

If you don't have Jesus you don't have life church won't and can't save you remove the scale from your eyes your father and mother can't save you JW can't, the GB can't even save themselves lol pope can't save you
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
They don't know the implication of what they're saying each time they all hide their Churches under the carpet only to start talking about the one and only Organization that all eyes are seeing! Isaiah 2:2 compare to Matthew 5:14-16 smiley

DappaD:

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
No one notices JW we are only trying to do our calling which is go into all the earth speak the good news which is God is with us

He that believes will be Baptised and saved and he who refuses to believe will be condemned

No one notices JW I say this teaching to every one to every creature both human and animals and non living things any thing that you can see is a creature

It is a commandment which we must follow because our words which we speak from the Bible are spirit and they equally have life in them

This are the words that will stand against those who refuse to listen to the Bible truth
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2021
We’ve stopped taking you seriously right from time indefinite. I’ve met so many clueless churchgoers on this Nairaland and honestly I don’t think I’ve seen any as dense as you and freshboi88.

Bishopkingsley:

Promote Jesus Jesus is the actor of the Bible he is the reason God created man
Did God know Adam will fail yes so God made a provision through his son to take over if Adam fails
If you don't have Jesus you don't have life church won't and can't save you remove the scale from your eyes your father and mother can't save you JW can't, the GB can't even save themselves lol
pope can't save you

Can you reconcile the highlighted with what you said here? Meanwhile this was someone arguing in support of the pope on the other thread. So you believe in the Catholic teachings but you don’t believe it will save you? I don’t believe some of you are this dumb in real life.

Bishopkingsley:

I believe in some of Adventist, Protestants, catholic etc teachings but I refuse to believe on any teaching that is hostile to the word of God

Moreover how does the screenshot below match with what you said about idolizing saints? Why is Nancy2020 idolizing Mary as a saint? Maybe this was the “Unity in diversity” that boy was talking about.

Catholic got the trinity doctrine correct too the part they fail is on idolizing dead Saint

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:
We’ve stopped taking you seriously right from time indefinite. I’ve met so many clueless churchgoers on this Nairaland and honestly I don’t think I’ve seen any as dense as you and freshboi88.

Can you reconcile the highlighted with what you said here? Meanwhile this was someone arguing in support of the pope on the other thread. So you believe in the Catholic teachings but you don’t believe it will save you? I don’t believe some of you are this dumb in real life.

Moreover how does the screenshot below match with what you said about idolizing saints? Why is Nancy2020 idolizing Mary as a saint? Maybe this was the “Unity in diversity” that boy was talking about.

I have stopped taking you seriously right from time indefinite.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
DappaD:

I’ve responded to you based on 1Corinthians 7:19 already.

But you’ve been dodging the scriptures I brought to your attention. The question is why?

I have also responded to what Paul means by different doctrine.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Barristter07: 2:55am On Sep 02, 2021
Nancy2020:
this is the father speaking.

Hebrews 1:8
New International Version
But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.

New Living Translation
But to the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. You rule with a scepter of justice.

English Standard Version
But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

Berean Study Bible
But about the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom

The Father called humans " God's " as well. The question remains: Unlike Jesus calling the Father MY God , is there anywhere the Father address Jesus as " My God " ? The scripture you quoted never said My God.

Emphasis on " MY "

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Barristter07: 2:58am On Sep 02, 2021
freshboi88:

Y don't u tell me the difference between worshiping Jehovah and honoring Jehovah

Honor does not means worship. Children are to Honor their parents, Husbands to honor their wives, people to honor those in authority, If you were correct, all this would translate to worship. Does it? Once again, that text in question said " honor" not " worship"

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Barristter07: 3:02am On Sep 02, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Do you want to see where Jesus was worshiped in the Bible

Any such is a " mistranslation". True worshippers will worship the Father . - John 4:23

Pay attention to the highlighted

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45am On Sep 02, 2021
freshboi88:

I have also responded to what Paul means by different doctrine.

But the Lord said to him: “Go! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel! Act 9:15

So freshboi88 stop deceiving yourself because without Paul Jesus doesn't have any business with you! Luke 11:23 cheesy

Bishopkingsley:

I have stopped taking you seriously right from time indefinite.
I believe DappaD has insulted this man's intelligence! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 5:26am On Sep 02, 2021
Barristter07:

Honor does not means worship. Children are to Honor their parents, Husbands to honor their wives, people to honor those in authority, If you were correct, all this would translate to worship. Does it? Once again, that text in question said " honor" not " worship"

Typical JW strategy. U would have made sense only that the verse wasn't referring to earthly parents, husband's or pple in authority as u are claiming which is very shameful and shows how low u can go.

It was actually referring to Jehovah

Answering this question is key to understanding the text

Do u honor Jehovah? If u do...how do u honor Jehovah?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by Barristter07: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2021
freshboi88:

Typical JW strategy. U would have made sense only that the verse wasn't referring to earthly parents, husband's or pple in authority as u are claiming which is very shameful and shows how low u can go.

It was actually referring to Jehovah

The Bold is an insult to the Bible Bro.

The Greek word timao, rendered Honor at John 5:23 was applied to People, Husband, Earthly Kings in the scripture

An example :

" HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER" Matt 19:19

Has the exact same Greek word. Proving beyond doubt that the counsel to honor is not the same as worship.

Answering this question is key to understanding the text

Do u honor Jehovah? If u do...how do u honor Jehovah?

It simply means to Respect him. When you respect someone You don't want to disobey their words. This is the sense of the verse

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2021
Barristter07:

The Bold is an insult to the Bible Bro.

The Greek word timao, rendered Honor at John 5:23 was applied to People, Husband, Earthly Kings in the scripture

An example :

" HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER" Matt 19:19

Has the exact same Greek word. Proving beyond doubt that the counsel to honor is not the same as worship.

It simply means to Respect him. When you respect someone You don't want to disobey their words. This is the sense of the verse

So answer this question. When u Honor Jehovah, u r not worshipping him ?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:34am On Sep 02, 2021
freshboi88:

So answer this question. When u Honor Jehovah, u r not worshipping him ?

OLÓDO! cheesy

So when Jehovah said:

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live a long time in the land that Jehovah your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

He was actually saying you should WORSHIP them shey? cheesy

Ọ̀DẸ̀ ÒPÒNÚ OLÓDO, it's just to throw insults here and there that he knows. cheesy

Well it simply means honour those who are older and knows better than you. And Jehovah did not leave in the dark as to why he gave us this commad.

That you (freshboi88) may live long! smiley

So we should honour both Jehovah, Jesus and our parents but WORSHIP belongs only to JEHOVAH! Mark 12:29 compare to John 20:17

You may now proceed with your insults as usual! smiley
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by sagenaija: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

How i wish each person first mention the name of his/her Church before commenting they will not have anything to say but they're all hiding their Churches!
grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 10:23am On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

OLÓDO! cheesy

So when Jehovah said:

“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live a long time in the land that Jehovah your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

He was actually saying you should WORSHIP them shey? cheesy

Ọ̀DẸ̀ ÒPÒNÚ OLÓDO, it's just to throw insults here and there that he knows. cheesy

Well it simply means honour those who are older and knows better than you. And Jehovah did not leave in the dark as to why he gave us this commad.

That you (freshboi88) may live long! smiley

So we should honour both Jehovah, Jesus and our parents but WORSHIP belongs only to JEHOVAH! Mark 12:29 compare to John 20:17

You may now proceed with your insults as usual! smiley

So just one question to throw your logic inside the dustbin

Does the honor of my earthly father and mother and king equal honoring Jehovah?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:42am On Sep 02, 2021
freshboi88:

The word "Honour" is different from "Worship" so if you know how to honour your king then Jehovah is not demanding what is not possible.
For your information it simply means if you know how to honour humans because you see and RECOGNIZE them try at least to do the same for JEHOVAH, don't dishonour Him simply because you're not seeing Him! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 10:44am On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The word "Honour" is different from "Worship" so if you know how to honour your king then Jehovah is not demanding what is not possible.
For your information it simply means if you know how to honour humans because you see and RECOGNIZE them try at least to do the same for JEHOVAH, don't dishonour Him simply because you're not seeing Him! wink

Answer the question. Is honoring my earthly king or parent equates to honoring Jehovah?
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2021
freshboi88:

The boy still hasn’t gone to hide his face after the way he embarrassed himself here? Well it is a fact that one can honor someone he doesn’t worship, like one’s parents, the authority etc. Ephesians 6:1, 1Peter 2:13
But one CANNOT worship someone he doesn’t honor and that’s where Jehovah is the only exception. Revelation 4:11
Or can you worship someone you don’t honor? I guess not. But you can honor someone you don’t worship.
That’s the secret behind the John 5:23 you’ve been quoting since.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2021
DappaD:

The boy still hasn’t gone to hide his face after the way he embarrassed himself here? Well it is a fact that one can honor someone he doesn’t worship, like one’s parents, the authority etc. Ephesians 6:1, 1Peter 2:13
But one CANNOT worship someone he doesn’t honor and that’s where Jehovah is the only exception. Revelation 4:11
Or can you worship someone you don’t honor? I guess not. But you can honor someone you don’t worship.
That’s the secret behind the John 5:19 you’ve been quoting since.

Shameless lots. You see u cannot answer the question.

So does honoring anyone on earth equate to honoring Jehovah.....
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2021
My friend freshboi88 don't mind DappaD jare you've won yourself another trophy in this argument today! smiley

freshboi88:

Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2021
freshboi88:

Your question is what we’ll call a non sequitur because it makes no sense and doesn’t follow the way of reasoning in this discussion.
The question was, you can honor someone you don’t worship, but can you worship someone you don’t honor? Only requires yes or no.
Re: Beware Of The Leaven Of Jehovah's Witnesses by freshboi88: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
My friend freshboi88 don't mind DappaD jare you've won yourself another trophy in this argument today! smiley

Hahaha....see dem they can't answer a simple question.

Does Honoring my earthly father equate to Honoring Jehovah?

because honoring Jesus equates to honoring the Jehovah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / How Did You Feel After You Finally Defeated That Stubborn Addiction? / Nigeria’s President Should Appoint Tb Joshua As An Official Advisor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.