Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? (4529 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Coronavirus: Why Are Western Countries Evacuating Their Citizens From Nigeria? / My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
Rictech:
The 3 basic things of life(food, clothing & shelter) is really expensive here, not only food, but one can't do without food & shelter(a house built some 10 to 15years ago will be competing in rent with houses built within the last 2 years , landlord using cost of building materials as an excuse)
Food is really expensive here, our locally produced foods are also expensive. A framer who produces Garri from his/her farm will tell you pam oil is expensive or that herdsmen doesn't allow them to go to farm.
Look at 390naira(39ruppee) tomatoes in Mauritius as shared by petyprincess . See how fresh and cheap it is, in my local market, a neatly packed tomato like this will be around 600naira

dem go sell dis one 2k for Nigeria. nigeria pepper no dey fresh like dis self
Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by Lostchild(m): 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2022
InTheCloudySky

I realize I was being too hard on myyself, by being hard on you my friend. grin

I think I was being too uneasy, Please, kindly accept my apology.

I miss talking to you.
I guess I am getting addicted to talking to you. kiss

Do not be offended sad

1 Like

Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
Lostchild:
InTheCloudySky

I realize I was being too hard on myself, by being hard on my friend. grin

I think I was being too uneasy. Please kindly accept my apology.

I miss you
I miss talking to you.
I have been thinking of you.
I guess I am getting addicted to talking to you. kiss

Do not be offended sad

Hi, how're you doing, Lc?

Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by Lostchild(m): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
InTheCloudySky:

Hi, how're you doing, Lc?

Happy new year.

I am good.
Happy new year to you too

grin
Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by Juoflife1(f): 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
Yes
Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by aldecoy(m): 1:07am On Jan 11, 2022
This post has literally poured out my mind about Nigeria.
I travelled to Turkey last year and was saddened by the difference in food price.

The poor rarely go to fast foods or restaurants or malls but they can afford to eat well at home even offer food to visitors.(this is slowly becoming impossible in Nigeria)

I didn't find small coke or Fanta there. Only 2 litres and it was really affordable.

We are really starving in Nigeria.

Im back in Nigeria and Im planning to relocate to Cotonou or port Novo. Where there is less chaos.

I took this pics when I visited then
I bought 2kg chicken for 18 lira , that's 540 naira

The paint bucket size yogurt was about 24 lira , that's about 720 naira

The table veggies wasn't up to 1000 naira (cante remember the price)

3 Likes

Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by aldecoy(m): 1:13am On Jan 11, 2022
oliverwrites:
Cotonou is cheaper, hands down. I am partly Beninese and lived them for many many years as a child, lived there for one year as an adult and have relatives there can confidently say it is cheaper.

Hello please I'm trying to visit and relocate to Benin with my wife. Would appreciate any help on how I can get an apartment.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is Food Price More Higher In Nigeria Than In Western Countries ? by Hemeshemeheru(m): 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
Nigeria is truly in a mess under Tinubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. / Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) / Eea Family Visa For Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.