Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta (6308 Views)

Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed Moved To Tears Over Insults To Family / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny / Isa Pantami Shed Tears Over Killings In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by franktech(m): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
WesternOligarch:
Even the igbos know their boundaries is within the 5 state dot. All what you see online is empty bluster.....let them vent.

Look at igbo communities all the way to lagos. Get educated you say no but prefer to take up argument that pass your mental capacity.

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by theTranscriber: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
franktech:
There are also lots of Igbo communities in Benin core Yoruba land all the way to lagos. We only have to seek referendum and ask those people where they want to belong. If Akure, Ondo, Benin say they want to be Biafra so be it. If benin and delta including bayelsa say they want odua or their own country, so be it. Or do you have an ulterior motive?
we are not playing with sand here

if you're not smart enough to reason

don't post sir

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by JANK23H(m): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
theTranscriber:
we are not playing with sand here

if you're not smart enough to reason

don't post sir
grin grin
Sound goofy?
He isn't playing with sand but very serious.That's how they think.Soon his tribesmen will be here to lend support.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=oyatz post=105711400]

So Asari Dokubu, a past president of Ijaw Youth Congress (IYC) who once declared that Igbos were
slaves of the Ijaws is an Igboman?[/quote

https://www.nairaland.com/5895154/asari-dokubo-responds-kanu-yes#90177180
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by JohnSin97: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
Idiko1:

Please be very careful of your wishes. Remember Yoruba land is conquerable. Yoruba have lost more real estate in conflict with other ethnicities than any group in Nigeria.

Igbo land lost the whole south east in a war.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by JohnSin97: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
franktech:

Look at igbo communities all the way to lagos. Get educated you say no but prefer to take up argument that pass your mental capacity.

Your stupidity ends online...
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Igboid: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
theTranscriber:
can i get a source?

olùkùmi is what people know

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/the-history-of-the-olukumi-people-in-nigeria

They are unique in every sense. Surrounded by predominantly Ibo-speaking tribes, they speak a variant of the Yoruba language, which surprising is yet to be subsumed by those of their dominant neighbours. How they came to inhabit their present abode has been a subject of varied folklores. One of these concludes that when the OLUKUMiS arrived at their present place of domicile in the Far North of present-day Delta State, the Edo (Ancient Benin) émigrés and Ibos from the East of the River Niger had been on ground for a minimum of three centuries. Unable to communicate with the hostile people all around them, they courtesied all and sundry who they came into contact with "OLUKUMi", a word in the Akoko dialect of Yoruba language which means "my friend".
Further evidence has emerged to dispute this variation of their history. There is documentary evidence to suggest that the OLUKUMiS occupied their present abode long before their Ibo speaking neighbours (including the Asabas) arrived the vicinity.
However, to this day, the variant of Yoruba language spoken by these people is called Olukumi by neighbouring communities!

Due to the small size of this unique community and the threat of its culture and heritage being submerged into that of its dominant neighbours,the need to preserve its culture through published material has arisen so as to ensure that accounts of knowledgeable indigenes are preserved before they all pass away. Prior to now, the history had been transferred through oral means from Elders to their children.
The writer, Chief G B Nkemnacho, has over the past forty years, put pen to paper and documented the history of his people (the OLUKUMIS) as told by earlier generations. As has been said severally, no one can tell a history better than the people who actually lived through it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulukwumi_language

https://zims-en.kiwix.campusafrica.gos.orange.com/wikipedia_en_all_nopic/A/Olukumi_people

http://www.tellafrica.com.ng/culture/2797/

http://www.scielo.org.za/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S2224-00392020000100017

tao11

http://ugboduanioma..com/?m=1

Nope.
They are called Odiani people. That's what the people and the rest of Igbos (Enuani) call them.

And nope. They didn't meet the land dry, they met indigenous Igbo speaking people on ground which is why their Yoruboid language is dying .
The owner of the site I posted is from the Town of Ugbodu, he has Facebook page too, you can visit it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by theTranscriber: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Igboid:

Nope.
They are called Odiani people. That's what the people and the rest of Igbos (Enuani) call them.

And nope. They didn't meet the land dry, they met indigenous Igbo speaking people on ground which is why their Yoruboid language is dying .
The owner of the site I posted is from the Town of Ugbodu, he has Facebook page too, you can visit it.
I posted almost 6 sources and it's a blog you see to give to me?

the link is even censored cheesy

you guys are a big joke grin

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by theTranscriber: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Igboid:

Nope.

I posted almost 6 sources and it's a blogspo t blog you see to give to me?

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Izuchukwu18(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
Captain8:
which ibo is in delta state? there is no single dotian in SS

Shut up your Ijaw miscreant.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Igboid: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
theTranscriber:

The joke is on you.
There are no Oba in Odiani, what we have is Obi's, the people are part and parcel of Enuani,an Igbo clan.

2 Likes

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by theTranscriber: 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Igboid:

The joke is on you.
There are no Oba in Odiani, what we have is Obi's, the people are part and parcel of Enuani,an Igbo clan.
well
I'm not talking about odiani
I'm talking about olùkùmi

they have an oba named obi but has Yoruba and Yoruboid names

and i thought you guys said you have no kings?

that means olùkùmi taught you guys royalism
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Captain8(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Izuchukwu18:

Shut up your Ika miscreant.
there is no igbo in delta state

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Newton85: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2021
paramakina202:

Asari great grandfather was an Igboman from Abam in Abia state and the reason he goes with Igbo warrior title of Ediabali. Asari himself has said it several times.
The Yoruba migrants were accomodated by indigenous Igbo community they met on the ground the reason they speak both Igbo and a Yoruba dialect.
The Igbo migrants (not indegenous) met the Yoruba migrants on ground where Olukumi people live to this day, hence their land is called Ugbodu (from Ugbodumila in Yoruba). The Olukumi people also have another enclave called Eko Efun (chalk enclave), which the later Igbo migrants also call Ukwu Nzu. Don't twist history.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2021
Newton85:
The Igbo migrants (not indegenous) met the Yoruba migrants on ground where Olukumi people live to this day, hence their land is called Ugbodu (from Ugbodumila in Yoruba). The Olukumi people also have another enclave called Eko Efun (chalk enclave), which the later Igbo migrants also call Ukwu Nzu. Don't twist history.

A Yoruba eclave deep inside Igboland.Btw Igbos are not migrants in ANIOMA.It like saying Yoruba migrants in IFe,Ijebu or any other Yoruba village in southwest plus Ilorin.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Newton85: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2021
paramakina202:

grin now show me evidence they arrived first before the aborigines grin. And how do you intend to carve out one hamlet deep inside Igbo territory to your far away Odua nation?
Oga go and sit down. If the Yorubas didn't arrive first, how come the land of the Olukumi people is called Ugbodu, a Yoruba name? That is why the first six kings of the Olukwumi people in Ugbodu were people with pure Yoruba names: Adetola, Aderemi, Ariyo, Odofin, Adetunji, and Oyetunde. This was long before the Igbo migrants also settled there.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 9:54am On Sep 14, 2021
Newton85:
Oga go and sit down. If the Yorubas didn't arrive first, how come the land of the Olukumi people is called Ugbodu, a Yoruba name? That is why the first six kings of the Olukwumi people in Ugbodu were people with pure Yoruba names: Adetola, Aderemi, Ariyo, Odofin, Adetunji, and Oyetunde. This was long before the Igbo migrants also settled there.

LOL and today?
The Olukwumis didn't meet a virgin land.They were accomodated by Igbo aborigenes.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Newton85: 10:00am On Sep 14, 2021
paramakina202:

LOL and today?
The Olukwumis didn't meet a virgin land.They were accomodated by Igbo aborigenes.
They didn't meet a virgin land but the name of their first kings were Adetola, Ariyo, Oyetunde, Odofin, Adetunji etc? Keep lying to yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2021
Newton85:
They didn't meet a virgin land but the name of their first kings were Adetola, Ariyo, Oyetunde, Odofin, Adetunji etc? Keep lying to yourself.

Whatever,They are now Igbos in Igbo territory.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Newton85: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2021
paramakina202:

Whatever,They are now Igbos in Igbo territory.
They're Igbos but speak Olukwumi, a Yoruboid language? They're not on "Igbo territory", the Igbo migrants met them there.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by paramakina202: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2021
Newton85:
They're Igbos but speak Olukwumi, a Yoruboid language? They're not on "Igbo territory", the Igbo migrants met them there.

They speak Igbo as first language.

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by anochuko01(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

You're getting it wrong. So you'll cross Edo State into northern delta state to claim land. This is so different from rivers and delta state that igbo lands were ceded to rivers and delta states because of shared boundaries.

I don talk am say na land dispute to kill everybody if biafra is attained. It'll be far worse than what we're seeing now... Never ending killings, attacks and wars.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Ijoh(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

So, how will your ijaw map look like?
Where will you call your republic because the last time I checked, Ondo is a Yoruba state. Edo is Benin dynasty. In Delta state, Igbos are taking the northern part of delta. In Rivers state, all Igbo territories will be returned back to Igbos.
Maybe, we'll just manage to dash you people some parts of Bayelsa to call your home.

The area in the Ijaw Republic map.

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Biafrarep(m): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2021
theTranscriber:

Sometimes I do wonder if you guys are educated at all, considering the embarrassing blunders most of you make online.

How on earth do you think that Odiani/olokumi people arrived there first before the Igbo aborigines?

If they arrived first, common sense should tell you that Igbo aborigines won't outnumber them by such extreme margins. Igbo aborigines won't have surrounded them is such way. And they won't have been found in just one small hamlet without any contigous relationship with other Yorubas in SW. You will have to trespass through lots of Igbo communities, Bini communities etc before you can get to Yoruba homeland.

These are 100% evidence to prove they settled relatively recently, and three possible reasons why they're there are;
1. They were fugitives running away from Yorubaland and were welcomed by the Igbos there.

2. They were slaves that eventually got their freedom but couldn't trace their way back to Yorubaland.

3. They were seasonal migratory farmers that eventually decided to settle at some point.

You couldn't even observe that the person who wrote the article you posted bears Igbo name grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Biafrarep(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2021
Ijoh:

The area in the Ijaw Republic map.

The day Nigeria breaks and you try to lay claims to Opobo and Bonny is the day you will understand that paying a cathographer to draw maps based on your fantasies is just mere waste of time.

It took Ojukwu 12 days to seize Boro deep in your village, this time it will take 48 hours to pick up any of you that will try nonsense. Continue rambling online and believing you're mates with Igbos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Own No Foreign Property – Jonathan / PDP Mocks APC, Says It Can’t Register Party, Yet Wants To Rule Nigeria / Why Racism Will Never End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.