Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta (6304 Views)

Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed Moved To Tears Over Insults To Family / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny / Isa Pantami Shed Tears Over Killings In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Abagworo(m): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2021
Olukumi people are migrants to Igboland accommodated by Igbos not indegenous people. They are not treated as outsiders or segregated against as the OP might think but have been acculturated and now speak Igbo as part of their hosts. In same LGA there are also Igalas who retained their language as well at Ebu. That is Aniocha.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by isokomarine: 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Abagworo:
Olukumi people are migrants to Igboland accommodated by Igbos not indegenous people. They are not treated as outsiders or segregated against as the OP might think but have been acculturated and now speak Igbo as part of their hosts. In same LGA there are also Igalas who retained their language as well at Ebu. That is Aniocha.
but you igbo people are quick to tags other people migrants
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by Ijoh(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
Biafrarep:

The day Nigeria breaks and you try to lay claims to Opobo and Bonny is the day you will understand that paying a cathographer to draw maps based on your fantasies is just mere waste of time.

It took Ojukwu 12 days to seize Boro deep in your village, this time it will take 48 hours to pick up any of you that will try nonsense. Continue rambling online and believing you're mates with Igbos.

Go to Bonny and tell them they are Ibo and that will be your last minutes on earth.
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by theTranscriber: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
Biafrarep:

Sometimes I do wonder if you guys are educated at all, considering the embarrassing blunders most of you make online.

How on earth do you think that Odiani/olokumi people arrived there first before the Igbo aborigines?

If they arrived first, common sense should tell you that Igbo aborigines won't outnumber them by such extreme margins. Igbo aborigines won't have surrounded them is such way. And they won't have been found in just one small hamlet without any contigous relationship with other Yorubas in SW. You will have to trespass through lots of Igbo communities, Bini communities etc before you can get to Yoruba homeland.

These are 100% evidence to prove they settled relatively recently, and three possible reasons why they're there are;
1. They were fugitives running away from Yorubaland and were welcomed by the Igbos there.

2. They were slaves that eventually got their freedom but couldn't trace their way back to Yorubaland.

3. They were seasonal migratory farmers that eventually decided to settle at some point.

You couldn't even observe that the person who wrote the article you posted bears Igbo name grin grin
I didn't read this

Neither did I write those articles I posted

Save this trash for the Igbo man that wrote one of those articles

Fools everywhere
Re: My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta by pinkysegun(m): 2:11am On Feb 25, 2022
Biafrarep:

Sometimes I do wonder if you guys are educated at all, considering the embarrassing blunders most of you make online.

How on earth do you think that Odiani/olokumi people arrived there first before the Igbo aborigines?

If they arrived first, common sense should tell you that Igbo aborigines won't outnumber them by such extreme margins. Igbo aborigines won't have surrounded them is such way. And they won't have been found in just one small hamlet without any contigous relationship with other Yorubas in SW. You will have to trespass through lots of Igbo communities, Bini communities etc before you can get to Yoruba homeland.

These are 100% evidence to prove they settled relatively recently, and three possible reasons why they're there are;
1. They were fugitives running away from Yorubaland and were welcomed by the Igbos there.

2. They were slaves that eventually got their freedom but couldn't trace their way back to Yorubaland.

3. They were seasonal migratory farmers that eventually decided to settle at some point.

You couldn't even observe that the person who wrote the article you posted bears Igbo name grin grin

how come there are more bllacks than natives(almost extinct) natives inn carribean
more whites than blacks than native americans in USA? or black south africans than sans in SA? more whites than asians in the asia/ siberia parts of russia etc you get my points most times the the majority arent the natives ask the red squirells of europe if the grey squirells are natives.
generally in biology the natives often soccumbs to the invaders same in human history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Be Hanging This Picture In My Office Come May 29 2023 / Nigerian Shot Dead, 32 Arrested In Market Riot In Poland / Keeping Up With Current Affairs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.