Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! (4391 Views)

Port Harcourt Areas That Belong To Ijaws!! Photos!! / No Matter How Much Igbos Show Love To Ijaws They Will Still Betray Us~pictures / Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

So premiumtimes is no longer source but sauce. cheesy
Premium times was founded in 2011 as a Nigerian news outlet, more or less a Nigerian propaganda outlet so it lacks the credibility to serve as a source for matters like this.
Thank you

Had it been you took your undergraduate project seriously, you won't ask me this question because it would have been explained to you. You'll know the kind of sources that are required for particular references

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Pass11: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

They (Ijaw) know that the more they dig into this, the more they expose themselves that's why they are quiet but Ụmụ ajọ mmụọ Like Afonjas that pushed them to this still want more disgrace on them. They want Ijaw to be exposed totally.
Do you know that if Ijaws were to post any pre Nigeria documented Source, they will lose Brass because Brass people will now know that they were recognised as an Independent people, ethnicity and Country before Nigeria.

I always thank God that those history was not recorded by Igbo or Nigerian but colonial masters. Ijaw have told the lazy Nigeria medias many lies in the past but thank God for well documented history by colonial masters.we will continue to expose ijaw lies .

6 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
kmcutez:

Go to google, the image is there on the first page. Just do a search for Midwest referendum, Nigeria. That means Urhobo, Ijaw and Itshekiri are indigenous to Warri.
Bring your source. That is not too difficult to ask. I guess I have put u into a tight corner cheesy
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
oyatz:

Jaja alone can't constitute the town just as a tree doesn't make a forest.

Who were the wives of Jaja and they were from which tribe? Who were the chiefs, servants, soldiers and followers of Jaja and what was their tribe?

You really think Jaja was the sole Igbo person to enter Bonny? When we already know that there were Igbos who came at the same time or a bit later then the Ijaws and even Igbos who came as traders and became traditional rulers in Bonny, you cannot denounce the Igbo population in Bonny, it may have been Ijaw 1000 years ago but now it is overly Igbo

1 Like

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

Igbo of course he's from Imo State and before he came there were thousands of Igbo traders and traditional rulers living in the Bonny, Brasss and Opobo areas but this doesn;t discount the Ijaw indignes these areas have a mixed population of both Igbos and Ijaws but it seems today the Igbos are more numerous then the Ijaws in these areas
And he was acculturised into Ijaw ways of life. I directed the guy u quoted to go back to my op. Education is too expensive than to be repeated.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
Taven09090:
Abohboy you're exposing yourself here, bbkay was right your an evil minority, the more you speak the more I spit in disgust I'm just waiting for one comment, one slip up to confirm that you're no better than the Ijaws. At first, I believed you but now your start piss all us off, if you don't STOP speak ignorantly or taking sides then you are an Igbo imposter.
Because he is not aligning with your line of thought? Na wa o cheesy
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Pass11: 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

Go read my op. Thanks

So I should read what is written by Nigerian and leave the original history and we'll documented history by colonial masters cheesy grin

No wonder Nigeria government loose bakassi to Cameroon.

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
OfoIgbo:

We have shown you screenshots of books some of which are about 200 years old. Many decades before Nigeria came into existence.

You are here bringing up newspaper articles and editorials of modern NBC-compliant, politically-motivated and ignorantly-put-together articles.

You want us to give you the whole books? UBANI/IBANI has no Ijaw meaning. Know that and know peace.

Pls what are the book names that you picked the screenshot from? Or u mean to say the screenshot you created? cheesy

A verified screenshot should have a source.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

And he was acculturised into Ijaw ways of life. I directed the guy u quoted to go back to my op. Education is too expensive than to be repeated.

Accultured how? He still spoke Igbos and others around him still spoke Igbo even today a lot of people living in Bonny, Opobo etc. Speak Igbo and this is an indisputed fact and how does Ubani sound Ijaw to you please explain?

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
oyatz:

Jaja alone can't constitute the town just as a tree doesn't make a forest.

Who were the wives of Jaja and they were from which tribe? Who were the chiefs, servants, soldiers and followers of Jaja and what was their tribe?
The Ijaws. Jaja himself was baptized into the ijaw way of life before he could lead them.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

You really think Jaja was the sole Igbo person to enter Bonny? When we already know that there were Igbos who came at the same time or a bit later then the Ijaws and even Igbos who came as traders and became traditional rulers in Bonny, you cannot denounce the Igbo population in Bonny, it may have been Ijaw 1000 years ago but now it is overly Igbo
It was never Ijaw. No place around that vicinity, most especially Brass has ever been Ijaw.
What is wrong with guy?

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pass11:

So I should read what is written by Nigerian and leave the original history and we'll documented history by colonial masters cheesy grin

I remember the case. They brought Nigerian Newspapers lol

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pass11:

Oya bring the original history source but you are finding it difficult cheesy

No be juju be that?
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

Who accultured him into the mythical "Ijaw way of Life"?
I need a name and be fast about it

6 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

Accultured how? He still spoke Igbos and others around him still spoke Igbo even today a lot of people living in Bonny, Opobo etc. Speak Igbo and this is an indisputed fact and how does Ubani sound Ijaw to you please explain?
Go back to the op sir. That someone is speaking your language doesn't make him you. We can all type and speak English, that doesn't make us an Englishman.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

Who accultured him into the mythical "Ijaw way of Life"?
I need a name and be fast about it
The pepple house.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pass11:

I always thank God that those history was not recorded by Igbo or Nigerian but colonial masters. Ijaw have told the lazy Nigeria medias many lies in the past but thank God for well documented history by colonial masters.we will continue to expose ijaw lies .
Their lies started in 1971 so it's juts 50 years old.
Ubani sons and daughters served in the Government of Eastern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria prior to independence and none ever registered Ijaw as their ethnicity. Then you register your ethnicity so that due representation can be assessed

6 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
More than 3 pages and I am yet to see your sources. Even the one that dropped referendum screenshot have ran away with the speed of light when asked for source cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

It was never Ijaw. No place around that vicinity, most especially Brass has ever been Ijaw.
What is wrong with guy?

I can't agree with this there were definitely and are still Ijaw speaking communities in these areas the existence of sizeable Igbo populations doesn;t discount Ijaw populations in these areas.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Pass11: 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

Their lies started in 1971 so it's juts 50 years old.
Ubani sons and daughters served in the Government of Eastern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria prior to independence and none ever registered Ijaw as their ethnicity. Then you register your ethnicity so that due representation can be assessed
We will continue to expose ijaw lies

1 Like

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Pass11: 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

I can't agree with this there were definitely and are still Ijaw speaking communities in these areas the existence of sizeable Igbo populations doesn;t discount Ijaw populations in these areas.

Does ijaw have language? Who and who speak ijaw language grin
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

The pepple house.
You mean this Pepple?
Read carefully.
The reference for the shot was culled from the assessment by De Montclos, M.-A. (1994). Le Nigeria. Paris: Kurthala. 213 pp. Confirming what the slave traders (Hugh Crow etc) documented as seen.

So you see my dear Afonja, Pepple was also an Igbo man.
I can't believe that with all of Awolowo's free Education, that the descendants of the free education beneficiaries will be fooled by Ijaw with ordinary letter

11 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by oyatz(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

I am NOT denouncing anything but correcting the wrong impression that the tribe of the founder of a dynasty must always be the ethnic group of the town.

In any case, Jaja , though was born an IIgbo man but died as an Ijaw man and not an Igbo.

If Opobo and Bonny are Igbo cities, there won't be need for all these debates because it would have been crystal clear to all that they are Igbo cities just as we don't need debates to know that Owerri, Mbaise and Aba are Igbo cities.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Ddokie: 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

Premium times was founded in 2011 as a Nigerian news outlet, more or less a Nigerian propaganda outlet so it lacks the credibility to serve as a source for matters like this.
Thank you

Had it been you took your undergraduate project seriously, you won't ask me this question because it would have been explained to you. You'll know the kind of sources that are required for particular references

Be like say na person write him project for am. shocked

1 Like

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pass11:

Does ijaw have language? Who and who speak ijaw language grin

Ijaw langauge encompasses several different reated langauges like Izon, Kalabari,Apoi etc. And you already knwo that there are people who speak these languages so stop playing games
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Taven09090: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy you're done, I waited for you to cross the line, and you have, you made a thread talking about igbo unity but you are over here fighting an Igbo man who has given first-hand sources that the ijaws are immigrants and that area was always Igbo, so you came to us trying to infiltrate and now your here taking sides with ijaws, it isn't even that your taking sides, these Ijaws are PURE IGBO HATERS" the guy your fighting alongside would gladly wipe out Igbos if Igbos were the minority and the ijaw were the majority so its official, your a saboteur and should never ever come to talk about your bulshit unity with these minorities. Your are taking sides against Igbos with historical proof is there something wrong with you are you okay.

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Fejoku: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

I know them. Even Omoyele Sowore is a typical example. Most of them have absolved Yoruba culture, and Yoruba never lay claimed to them in anyways. I was shocked someone was crying because people spoke Igbo, so they are automatically one of you. Na wa o
It's best you shut your mouth and watch from the sidelines if you don't know much about the topic.
Opobo is a city state founded by Jaja himself and was king over her until the time of his abduction by the British. Jaja was of Igbo origin and Igbo language was established in Opobo right from her day of establishment.
Bonny on the other hand is a collection of separate communities with grand Bonny being the largest. Other communities that make up Bonny are Finima, Oloma, Kuruma, Ayama etc. Of all the places that made up Bonny Island, the theatre of focus is Grand Bonny where most of the history of Bonny is formed. Most historians have written of the ancient kings of Bonny as Igbos with some including even the Igbo ancestry of the wives. The presence of Igbos on Bonny predated the oil palm era and had established them as a people to be reckoned with on the Island. A great deal of names of players in Bonny and her environs have been noted and written as Igbos therefore no one can deny the footprint of Igbos in Bonny. You must bear in mind that there are different groups of Igbos that inhabited Bonny from earlier times with the Ndokis being the main group. Jaja was not Ndoki, he was Amaigbo(Isu group). It's note worthy to state that Oko Jumbo, Maduka his father and Jaja were all Igbos and controlled practically the town at a time. Igbos had overwhelming population on the Island as at 200 years ago.
The Ibanis were also were also written to have been players in Bonny right from time and inspire of the pre-eminence of Igbo language in the Island, no one can deny the Ibani claims on the Island. It is improper to write the history of a place without respecting the input of the different people who helped to build it up. This is where I'm angry at Ijaw revisionists who remove entirely any Igbo heritage of the town and downplayed any claims thereof. Ndokis and Ibanis have stake in the town which everyone must respect. Other affiliated groups must not cause problems where there are no problems. It was Allagoa all the way from Bayelsa and his likes who came to change the narrative. The Nwaotam festival, a clear Igbo festival with roots from Ndoki is the biggest of festivals on the Island. That s Igbo heritage right there. We must learn to be inclusive when sharing the history of a cosmopolitan town with over 200 years of well documented history. A winner takes all position is a recipe for disaster in such situations.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Taven09090: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy you have been exposed, I call on all Igbos to never take him seriously this guy has some issues, trying to be smart but he over here fighting alongside the Ijaws, who knows maybe he is an Ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
Taven09090:
Abohboy you're done, I waited for you to cross the line, and you have, you made a thread talking about igbo unity but you are over here fighting an Igbo man who has given first-hand sources that the ijaws are immigrants and that area was always Igbo, so you came to us trying to infiltrate and now your here taking sides with ijaws, it isn't even that your taking sides, these Ijaws are PURE IGBO HATERS" the guy your fighting alongside would gladly wipe out Igbos if Igbos were the minority and the ijaw were the majority so its official, your a saboteur and should never ever come to talk about your bulshit unity with these minorities. Your are taking sides against Igbos with historical proof is there something wrong with you are you okay.

What are you talking about? His sources stated that there was a mized population of Igbos and Ijaws and that the King was Igbo the ruler being Igbo doesn't mean that some of the people living there aren't still Ijaw now does it? You're clearly paranoid and need immediate mental assistance
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
Taven09090:
Abohboy you have been exposed, I call on all Igbos to never take him seriously this guy has some issues, trying to be smart but he over here fighting alongside the Ijaws, who knows maybe he is an Ijaw.

How am I fighting with the Ijaws by saying that both Igbos and Ijaws lived in the sake area and that an Igbo was king over all of them?
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Pass11: 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

Ijaw langauge encompasses several different reated langauges like Izon, Kalabari,Apoi etc. And you already knwo that there are people who speak these languages so stop playing games

You keep ranting nonsense oga, when ogba from bayelsa state speak , someone from kalabari or epie from igbogene in bayelsa state will not hear one word likewise okirka people.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pass11:

You keep ranting nonsense oga, when ogba from bayelsa state speak , someone from kalabari or epie from igbogene in bayelsa state will not hear one word likewise okirka people.

I can't comment on this because I don't have enough knowledge on the matter of Ijaw langauges but i'm sure that if they're considered one then there mjst be clear similarities in their languages

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Funny Replies That Will Make Your Day. / Breaking; SSS Arrests Senator Yari For Ignoring Bola Tinubu’s Phone Call. / Breaking :- China Develops Weapon That Can Shoot Around CORNERS!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.