Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! (4371 Views)

Port Harcourt Areas That Belong To Ijaws!! Photos!! / No Matter How Much Igbos Show Love To Ijaws They Will Still Betray Us~pictures / Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by YourRealFather: 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nawa ohhh
Somebody said it here yesterday that yoruba people are behind ijaw land grabbing, some igbo people were attacking him, but today this OP just prove the guy right,
If not
why yoruba man go dey drink panadol for igbo and ijaw matter,. If no be bitterness
Somebody that is not even in the old eastern region

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Pass11: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy:

I can't comment on this because I don't have enough knowledge on the matter of Ijaw langauges but i'm sure that if they're considered one then there mjst be clear similarities in their languages

This is Igbo language spoken in opobo kingdom in the king's present please show me ijaw language in opobo kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22f9HXmw7Y

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Taven09090: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy any person with some sort of reasoning knows you bulshit, I have been following you very carefully since you made that thread. NO PROUD IGBO MAN WOULD TYPE THE RUBBISH YOU HAVE, NO PROUD IGBO MAN WOULD SPEAK WITH SUCH IGNORANCE SIDING WITH Ijaws. Stop lying, but I know you are upset that people can see through your deceit so quickly. I'm calling you out, and I hope nobody takes any of your lies seriously.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Taven09090:
Abohboy any person with some sort of reasoning knows you bulshit, I have been following you very carefully since you made that thread. NO PROUD IGBO MAN WOULD TYPE THE RUBBISH YOU HAVE, NO PROUD IGBO MAN WOULD SPEAK WITH SUCH IGNORANCE SIDING WITH Ijaws. Stop lying, but I know you are upset that people can see through your deceit so quickly. I'm calling you out, and I hope nobody takes any of your lies seriously.

cheesy cheesy

Damn bro you're really suffering here you're in serious serious pains for some reason this reminds me of a quote by someone saying ' If nobody hates you then you're doing something wrong ' people hating you just shows success or that they're really sad i've said nothing wrong all I said is these areas have a mized Ijaw and Igbo population which is true i'll allow you to try and prove me wrong but it's senseless to attempt such
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by YourRealFather: 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Recently yoruba people have been claiming warri, we dont see igbo people attacking them,
But as dey just post that opobo video CONErians develop heart attack

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by OfoIgbo: 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

Pls what are the book names that you picked the screenshot from? Or u mean to say the screenshot you created? cheesy

A verified screenshot should have a source.

I even did better, I took a screenshot that contains every information you wish to be aware of, about that book.

Let us hope I am not banned.

Some years ago when I wanted to show this page, some creek rat that must be one of the administrators, banned me for showing an evidence that counters all the Ijaw lies.

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

You mean this Pepple?
Read carefully.
The reference for the shot was culled from the assessment by De Montclos, M.-A. (1994). Le Nigeria. Paris: Kurthala. 213 pp. Confirming what the slave traders (Hugh Crow etc) documented as seen.

So you see my dear Afonja, Pepple was also an Igbo man.
I can't believe that with all of Awolowo's free Education, that the descendants of the free education beneficiaries will be fooled by Ijaw with ordinary letter
I said bring me source not screenshots. How do I know who wrote this? Bring me source. That is not too much to ask for.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
YourRealFather:
Nawa ohhh
Somebody said it here yesterday that yoruba people are behind ijaw land grabbing, some igbo people were attacking him, but today this OP just prove the guy right,
If not
why yoruba man go dey drink panadol for igbo and ijaw matter,. If no be bitterness
Somebody that is not even in the old eastern region
I said I am a Yoruba man. Didn't I? Who hides? Na Una deh claim Yoruba and aboki on threads cos of inferiority complex.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by OfoIgbo: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

I said bring me source not screenshots. How do I know who wrote this? Bring me source. That is not too much to ask for.

BKayy

I have sent him one of the sources
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
YourRealFather:
Recently yoruba people have been claiming warri, we dont see igbo people attacking them,
But as dey just post that opobo video CONErians develop heart attack
No one is claiming warri, itsekiri are the ones claiming us.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
oyatz:

I am NOT denouncing anything but correcting the wrong impression that the tribe of the founder of a dynasty must always be the ethnic group of the town.

In any case, Jaja , though was born an IIgbo man but died as an Ijaw man and not an Igbo.

If Opobo and Bonny are Igbo cities, there won't be need for all these debates because it would have been crystal clear to all that they are Igbo cities just as we don't need debates to know that Owerri, Mbaise and Aba are Igbo cities.
Jaja never said the word "Ijaw" in his entire life.
He was notable for meandering through igbo land for Palm oil to export as he claimed that the settings were similar to his birth place Amaigbo.
Chai, Afonjas read oh.
Open books so that Ijaw will not sell you by covering your price in a pamflet

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
OfoIgbo:

I even did better, I took a screenshot that contains every information you wish to be aware of, about that book.

Let us hope I am not banned.

Some years ago when I wanted to show this page, some creek rat that must be one of the administrators, banned me for showing an evidence that counters all the Ijaw lies.
Lol... And yet, he drops another screenshot that doesn't correlate. Omo! These people are difficult to reason with cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
OfoIgbo:

BKayy

Which is?
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by WoundedLamb: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
And you think the North I'd Nigeria's problem.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Taven09090: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abohboy, I don't give a Bleep what you think, I just hate slimy saboteurs, you wasted people's time with that thread, so it pissed me off that thread was nonsense. I don't care about you but I hate what you represent the eveil of the black man. Africa is a shithole region and again when I wonder why Africa is as depressing as it I remember people like you are the reason, just slimy judases whos only purposes is to manipulate situations to their own benfit, Evil from the leaders to the citizens. Top and down Africa is just filled idiocy, evil deceit etc and people complain why the rest of the world is leaving this continent in the dust. A continent with femi kayode.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
OfoIgbo:

BKayy

Thank you. Let him read the entire book maybe his blocked brain will open

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by BKayy: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

Lol... And yet, he drops another screenshot that doesn't correlate. Omo! These people are difficult to reason with cheesy
See how you are exposing your Illiteracy.
Its the cover of a Book.
Buy it and read it.
Afonja

6 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by OfoIgbo: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

Jaja never said the word "Ijaw" in his entire life.
He was notable for meandering through igbo land for Palm oil to export as he claimed that the settings were similar to his birth place Amaigbo.
Chai, Afonjas read oh.
Open books so that Ijaw will not sell you by covering your price in a pamflet

You also have to know that that guy is not Yoruba.

He is an Ijaw man masquerading as a Yoruba man, with the intention of avoiding any darts thrown at him by Igbo warriors, using the Yoruba disguise to help attract any darts towards the Yorubas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Fejoku: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
oyatz:

I am NOT denouncing anything but correcting the wrong impression that the tribe of the founder of a dynasty must always be the ethnic group of the town.

In any case, Jaja , though was born an IIgbo man but died as an Ijaw man and not an Igbo.

If Opobo and Bonny are Igbo cities, there won't be need for all these debates because it would have been crystal clear to all that they are Igbo cities just as we don't need debates to know that Owerri, Mbaise and Aba are Igbo cities.
Jaja did not die an Ijaw man. He made contact with his family back at Amaigbo. The current Jaja family have continued to relate with the source at Amaigbo. If you don't know something, don't involve your self.

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lol... Na wa for some people o. So because jaja was Igbo, that means opobo are igbos. cheesy Even though he was acculturised into an ijaw man.....

It this is through, then Benin is a Yoruba land since we have the obaship of Bini. How these people reasons is 15th wonders of the world cheesy
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by OfoIgbo: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

The screenshot gives you the name of one of those ancient books. It also gives you the name of the publishers and the name of the author.

Stop being dumb biko. Read and weep
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

See how you are exposing your Illiteracy.
Its the cover of a Book.
Buy it and read it.
Afonja
The cover of the book. How do I know that? Why no snap the book sitting on your table as the first evidence? Let's start from there.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

Thank you. Let him read the entire book maybe his blocked brain will open
You guys are the ones behaving like blockheads so far. You lack evidences but run around in circles to abuse those who brought one.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
OfoIgbo:

You also have to know that that guy is not Yoruba.

He is an Ijaw man masquerading as a Yoruba man, with the intention of avoiding any darts thrown at him by Igbo warriors, using the Yoruba disguise to help attract any darts towards the Yorubas.
I am a full blooded Yoruba man. Deal with that bro
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by YourRealFather: 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:
The issue of opobo and bonny people should be laid to rest. It belongs to the Ijaws.

First before you shout Yoruba awedu eating afonja, you should understand I am a full blooded Yoruba man. No need to remind me.

Secondly, I love history and I won't like seeing revisionists articles flying everywhere on the forum.

To the matter. I think ijaws are to be blamed for this flaw. They broke the first rule of survival which is self preservation.

There is something called acculturation in their culture. It is an act of baptizing of stranger into their folds. And in this case, pepple house, which was the ruling house.

Opobo was acculturised into Ijaw way of life and made to benefit from the house inheritance.

According to town culture, heritage is not by birthrights but by who is capable to rule the house. Jaja was capable, though there was a in-house civil war when he was made to rule the house, but he won decisively. This marks the beginning of his exploits.

The Ijaws followed him as their ruler. And during the palm oil boom (palm oil also known and red oil). Jaja has already taken control of the water ways and creeks for trading with the Europeans (his sagacity and business acumen can't be overruled). This sole act gave him some form of monopoly over the new trade in the creeks, he was the sole exporter to the UK in rivers while still maintaining holds on who trades what along the water ways with other European countries. He was wealthy so does the city he built from the ijaw followers.

A source from premiumtimes: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/155532-general-minimah-opobo-ancestry-burden-history-eric-teniola.html

This will later put him into trouble with the Queen, as the UK was so greedy to the extent that she wanted to trade directly with the merchants which they did after sentencing jaja to banishment in Accra (present day Ghana). Jaja himself was instrumental in conquering Ashanti forces (but let's not deviate from the topic).

The palm oil boom brought about large numbers of Igbo in the hinterlands into bonny (it must be corrected that though some were slaves but most Igbos that came during the oil boom were free born not slaves). They came with their cultures and way of lives in such numbers that threatened the indigenous people. Instead of ijaw to take control, they decided to hide some vital part of the community from them like languages etc... But this backfires as Igbo became the largest spoken language in the area in just matter of years (the indigenous people also adopted the language).

Another source (oral interview): http://asirimagazine.com/en/opobo-chronicles-from-genesis-to-revelation/

It should be noted that this is not the first time indigenous people will adopt other people's language, clothings, names and other cultural values. Example is Akoko Edo in present day Edo state. Most of the towns and villages are very fluent in Yoruba language, they adopted the Yoruba language and some part of cultures. Even some of their towns have Yoruba names, but they are not Yoruba - they are edoic group. Another example is ijaw in present day ondo state. Most of them speak Yoruba fluently and adopt the names, typical one is Omoyele Sowore.... He is an ijaw man who could be mistaken for a Yoruba man. Apart from those, there are some far Edo towns in etsako east local govt like okpella etc that have Yoruba names and also speak the language fluently, that doesn't make them Yoruba. The current ruling house in Ilorin all bears Yoruba name and speak Yoruba fluently, that doesn't make them Yoruba... They are Fulanis! The itsekiri adopted their clothings from Bini, that doesn't make them one.

The point I am trying to make here is that, people adopting your language, name and culture doesn't change them from who they were... Their identities will still remain intact as their genetical makeup.

Even an heavily biased igbodefender blog here admitted one truth which agreed to heavy migration of Igbo to the ijaw owned town.

Source: https://igbodefender.com/2016/05/16/more-facts-emerge-that-opobo-and-bonny-people-are-mostly-igbo/

To that boy that said he wanted to cry when he heard people speaking Igbo fluently in bonny, you have tears in your eyes. Language is for communication. If bonny is located in the north, they will speak Hausa fluently. In Southern Kaduna alone, there are more than 20 tribes. All of them speak Hausa but still retain their cultural identities.

I am done. You are opened to bash me, but make sure you bring evidences of opposing views. Insults alone won't do the trick.

So from your analysis you are saying that lagos is not yoruba land, that bini people owns it,
Nice info, thanks but no thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Abohboy: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
Taven09090:
Abohboy, I don't give a Bleep what you think, I just hate slimy saboteurs, you wasted people's time with that thread, so it pissed me off that thread was nonsense. I don't care about you but I hate what you represent the eveil of the black man. Africa is a shithole region and again when I wonder why Africa is as depressing as it I remember people like you are the reason, just slimy judases whos only purposes is to manipulate situations to their own benfit, Evil from the leaders to the citizens. Top and down Africa is just filled idiocy, evil deceit etc and people complain why the rest of the world is leaving this continent in the dust. A continent with femi kayode.

Did your Mother Or Father leave early in your childhood? Or were you sexually abused i'm not sure which one is affecting you please seek help.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by bobowaja(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
YourRealFather:

So from your analysis you are saying that lagos is not yoruba land, that bini people owns it,
Nice info, thanks but no thanks
Where in my analysis did I talk about Lagos? Are u guys dumb for real?
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by OfoIgbo: 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:

I am a full blooded Yoruba man. Deal with that bro

You Ijaw man thinks he can fool me.

You are a full-blooded Ijaw man trying to use Yorubas as cover. Ubani is an Igbo word, given to an Igbo town.

6 Likes

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Taven09090: 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
This is the last time iM mentioning your name Aboh, your the one who is mentally sick, never mention Igbos from your dirty mouth again. Same to all Igbo haters who live and breathe nairaland just to castigate us.
Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by Liebermantic: 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
All the Ancient documented History of Bonny and Opobo points to Igbo Origin..
Igbo people have a good case..Just after 1967, Prof Alagoa started rewriting their History with the Help of Nigerian government to deny Ndigbo ownership of these Islands..
If Nigeria is to divide along Ethnic lines,Igbos will take control of both towns and in extension,Some parts of Kalabari,Okrika and Brass

1 Like

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by OfoIgbo: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
Liebermantic:
All the Ancient documented History of Bonny and Opobo points to Igbo Origin..
Igbo people have a good case..Just after 1967, Prof Alagoa started rewriting their History with the Help of Nigerian government to deny Ndigbo ownership of these Islands..
If Nigeria is to divide along Ethnic lines,Igbos will take control of both towns and in extension,Some parts of Kalabari,Okrika and Brass

cc
BKayy
bobowaja

Here is yet another attachment from Dr. Balfour Baikie's book

Let us hope they don't ban me now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Belongs To Ijaws! by chigator2: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
bobowaja:
The issue of opobo and bonny people should be laid to rest. It belongs to the Ijaws.

First before you shout Yoruba awedu eating afonja, you should understand I am a full blooded Yoruba man. No need to remind me.

Secondly, I love history and I won't like seeing revisionists articles flying everywhere on the forum.

To the matter. I think ijaws are to be blamed for this flaw. They broke the first rule of survival which is self preservation.

There is something called acculturation in their culture. It is an act of baptizing of stranger into their folds. And in this case, pepple house, which was the ruling house.

Opobo was acculturised into Ijaw way of life and made to benefit from the house inheritance.

According to town culture, heritage is not by birthrights but by who is capable to rule the house. Jaja was capable, though there was a in-house civil war when he was made to rule the house, but he won decisively. This marks the beginning of his exploits.

The Ijaws followed him as their ruler. And during the palm oil boom (palm oil also known and red oil). Jaja has already taken control of the water ways and creeks for trading with the Europeans (his sagacity and business acumen can't be overruled). This sole act gave him some form of monopoly over the new trade in the creeks, he was the sole exporter to the UK in rivers while still maintaining holds on who trades what along the water ways with other European countries. He was wealthy so does the city he built from the ijaw followers.

A source from premiumtimes: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/155532-general-minimah-opobo-ancestry-burden-history-eric-teniola.html

This will later put him into trouble with the Queen, as the UK was so greedy to the extent that she wanted to trade directly with the merchants which they did after sentencing jaja to banishment in Accra (present day Ghana). Jaja himself was instrumental in conquering Ashanti forces (but let's not deviate from the topic).

The palm oil boom brought about large numbers of Igbo in the hinterlands into bonny (it must be corrected that though some were slaves but most Igbos that came during the oil boom were free born not slaves). They came with their cultures and way of lives in such numbers that threatened the indigenous people. Instead of ijaw to take control, they decided to hide some vital part of the community from them like languages etc... But this backfires as Igbo became the largest spoken language in the area in just matter of years (the indigenous people also adopted the language).

Another source (oral interview): http://asirimagazine.com/en/opobo-chronicles-from-genesis-to-revelation/

It should be noted that this is not the first time indigenous people will adopt other people's language, clothings, names and other cultural values. Example is Akoko Edo in present day Edo state. Most of the towns and villages are very fluent in Yoruba language, they adopted the Yoruba language and some part of cultures. Even some of their towns have Yoruba names, but they are not Yoruba - they are edoic group. Another example is ijaw in present day ondo state. Most of them speak Yoruba fluently and adopt the names, typical one is Omoyele Sowore.... He is an ijaw man who could be mistaken for a Yoruba man. Apart from those, there are some far Edo towns in etsako east local govt like okpella etc that have Yoruba names and also speak the language fluently, that doesn't make them Yoruba. The current ruling house in Ilorin all bears Yoruba name and speak Yoruba fluently, that doesn't make them Yoruba... They are Fulanis! The itsekiri adopted their clothings from Bini, that doesn't make them one.

The point I am trying to make here is that, people adopting your language, name and culture doesn't change them from who they were... Their identities will still remain intact as their genetical makeup.

Even an heavily biased igbodefender blog here admitted one truth which agreed to heavy migration of Igbo to the ijaw owned town.

Source: https://igbodefender.com/2016/05/16/more-facts-emerge-that-opobo-and-bonny-people-are-mostly-igbo/

To that boy that said he wanted to cry when he heard people speaking Igbo fluently in bonny, you have tears in your eyes. Language is for communication. If bonny is located in the north, they will speak Hausa fluently. In Southern Kaduna alone, there are more than 20 tribes. All of them speak Hausa but still retain their cultural identities.

I am done. You are opened to bash me, but make sure you bring evidences of opposing views. Insults alone won't do the trick.

I don't know what concerns a distant Yoruba man with the happenings and politics of sister states, all once under the old eastern region.

It will interest you to note that the native language of the opobo people is Igbo language with dialectic differences as nuanced as anambra Igbo or ikwerre Igbo.
This is far different from the case of Ijaws living in Yoruba but integrate with the culture. Rather the opobo people are relatively distanced from the core igbo states yet the identity and cultural heritage is preserved.

I have discerned the problem of the average Yoruba bigot. He ( bigot ) fears the rise of the old eastern region area in all ramifications most especially a united political front. This phobia is understandable because their little show organised and hosted in Lagos ( extrapolated to the rest of SW ) as a compensation from the Northern hijacked FG will come to an abrupt end/decline.

Cry on even more than the bereaved but do so at the risk of your own sanity.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cbn Debtors’ List (October 2009) / Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees / Ndigbo Must Look Northward,Westward, Diaspora For The Next Crop Of Igbo Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.