Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,871 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) (50406 Views)

Buhari's ACHIVMENTS IN 8 YEARS ( PICTURES) / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians / Abia State First Flyover In Limbo After 5 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Ramirezkhay(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nollywood Horror movies go dope here
Franzinni:
Wow good location for epic movie
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Thanksful:

You are not Igbo. No Igbo man will pick your monicker expect he is mad.
Can U prove him wrong?
You see why I said many of U are hypocrites?
You believe what U want to and Vice Versa?
Even Joe Igbokwe is not an Igbo, he's from Ile Ife in SW,shm..
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by tribalistdcriti: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

This is absolutely false. I live in Okitipupa and your story is fallacy. Bedc won't restore power if we don't pay 50% of what we owe 8 years ago
you're right I live there too they don't pay nepa bill but want light

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Greenvaiper: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Hmmm
Op, don't say anything about what you know nothing about. I'm from Okitipupa. That's my home town. Our people caused what they are facing with electricity now. Back in the days, Okitipupa has the best electricity services in ondo state. They refused to pay for power. Then had a major issue with the then NEPA which forced the federal government to disconnect the entire town.
Fast forward to 6 months later, they had a major riot about the issue and thugs burnt all the transformer in the town. After that, they were totally ignored.
Even now that electricity have been privatizated. BEDC who is in charge of power in ondo stage asked the people of the town to pay 50% of what they owe and they will help restore power to the town but they refused. Claiming they must see power before they pay any money. Now the town has no hope of ever having power cuz BEDC vowed not to spend millions of naira to restore all the damages if there is no guarantee that they will get their money back.
The governor cannot even intervene since electricity is now in private hands. We are facing a lot of issues with BEDC at the moment and that's down to the fact that the company is owned and controlled by some stupid Benin people.

Better go and advise ya people

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Ojycelarma: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
I be editor o angry
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

This is absolutely false. I live in Okitipupa and your story is fallacy. Bedc won't restore power if we don't pay 50% of what we owe 8 years ago

I only pointed out what led to power outage in our land, I'm not disputing it that truly some amount of money has to be paid by us to resurrect electricity in most areas o Ondo south.
I've decided never to use a strong word on you since we appear to hail from the same area of Ondo state. You are my brother however you're politically naive.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by wavylevel: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Black race.

grin grin grin

An irresponsible excuse for humans.

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Benjosh123(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
What could they have done to deprive them of their fundamental human right
ivolt:
You should always ask questions before descending into emotional rants.
Ask them what they did 12 years ago to make them lose access to electricity.
Actions have consequences.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by AABBIIMM(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Hmmm
Op, don't say anything about what you know nothing about. I'm from Okitipupa. That's my home town. Our people caused what they are facing with electricity now. Back in the days, Okitipupa has the best electricity services in ondo state. They refused to pay for power. Then had a major issue with the then NEPA which forced the federal government to disconnect the entire town.
Fast forward to 6 months later, they had a major riot about the issue and thugs burnt all the transformer in the town. After that, they were totally ignored.
Even now that electricity have been privatizated. BEDC who is in charge of power in ondo stage asked the people of the town to pay 50% of what they owe and they will help restore power to the town but they refused. Claiming they must see power before they pay any money. Now the town has no hope of ever having power cuz BEDC vowed not to spend millions of naira to restore all the damages if there is no guarantee that they will get their money back.
The governor cannot even intervene since electricity is now in private hands. We are facing a lot of issues with BEDC at the moment and that's down to the fact that the company is owned and controlled by some stupid Benin people.
You're so on point. They hardness and wickedness of their heart is legendary. They can live a day without cursing their neighbours. Unrepentant evil minded Ikale people

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by engrfaruq(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Rodwave:
Lol.. They never still get? I remember being there 4 years ago. Dark village with plenty ashawo joint cheesy grin

Tell us more about your visit there, seems you've patronised those joints.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by hopexter(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
Wow good location for epic movie

Epic movie or Grasscutter rearing grin grin
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
tribalistdcriti:
you're right I live there too they don't pay nepa bill but want light
This is not correct, when did you start living in Okitipupa? We don't pay NEPA bill?

It's obvious you only typed the fallacious information you hear/d from some people.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Ayemileto(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Upworkwriter007:

Lol........Okitipupa is very big, you think transformer is the problem of a town that has a University and Teaching hospital?

The entire town and some neighboring towns are not connected to the national grid.....that's the problem.

But Agagu, who was the governor before Mimiko was from there.

Also, I believe they are under Osopadec? Even if Osopadec can't do this, why can't they lobby the state government into doing something?

In fact, the past and current deputy governors are from the areas affected by the blackout (Ese Odo local government area).

they keep having people in government, but I wonder what those people are doing about it.

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oladeleeleniyan:

Can U prove him wrong?

Did you read my comment? No! You didn't. Let me say it again. Now read it.

You are not Igbo because no Igbo man will chose your monicker as a name, unless he is mad.

I doubt he is mad.

Now go and check the monicker.

Are you an Igbo man yourself?

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
AABBIIMM:
You're so on point. They hardness and wickedness of their heart is legendary. They can live a day without cursing their neighbours. Unrepentant evil minded Ikale people
Why would you deviate from the point to spill uncomplimentary remarks about Ikale people. We're good, well educated and exposed people. We don't curse.

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by tribalistdcriti: 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fafesot:

This is not correct, when did you start living in Okitipupa? We don't pay NEPA bill?

It's obvious you only typed the fallacious information you hear/d from some people.
I've been there since 2011 as at 2011 there was still power
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
tribalistdcriti:
I've been there since 2011
High chances you were told most of the things you're pouring here by people that had/have no idea about NEPA- Okitipupa issue.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oladeleeleniyan:

Can U prove him wrong?

Have you checked his monicker and do you know what it means?

Stop being emotional over issues you are not a woman unless your monicker is wrong too. Be logical and objective.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Egein(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
I swear men the story go complete... carry arri fall in the place ... Netflix things o.

Or give them end of the world kind cruise .. where civilization don collapse but few remain maybe one alien race dey come chop people like we dey chop chicken ... so people had to go into hiding ... then the gobe go start

You are childish.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by AABBIIMM(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fafesot:

Why would you deviate from the point to spill uncomplimentary remarks about Ikale people. We're good, well educated and exposed people. We don't curse.
Yes, they're hardworking and love education. But I can tell you their level of literacy doesn't change their ill mentality towards their neighbours. You wake up hearing bitter cursings, swearing.....
They never appreciate any good thing, rather, they'll belittle it and disdain it.
Only few of them actually desires truth there.
Quote me if I'm lying sir
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by tribalistdcriti: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fafesot:

High chances you were told most of the things you're pouring here by people that had/have no idea about NEPA- Okitipupa issue.
bro I live there idepe to be precise I have lived with neighbors that don't pay nepa bills bro
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by UnabashedIPOB: 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:
I was on visit to Ondo state in Nigeria recently and i was shocked to hear from the indigenes and residents to hear about this.

Imagine asking for a cold bottle water or drink and they suddenly start laughing at you.

As a matter of fact, that’s the fastest way to identify a stranger in OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE. just request for anything cold or iced.

To think that this people have a governor, senator, House of Rep Members is very shameful.

See below video evidence from a resident and pictures of the dilapidated electric poles that ought to be distributing light.

Shame on their leaders.

Please share or tag all the appropriate authorities until they fix it.

Modified: Another Nairalander replied to say it’s even about 16 years. Mehn! The government is wicked!

PS: I am having issues uploading the video

That is really pathetic but the sad part is that the same citizens of the area would be the MOST vocal and ardent supporters of the government. They would be the first to tell you about their ONE NIGERIA and how it's such a great country.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by olagift(f): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
It is such a pity. Even it is the same situation in my home town Ode irele which is very close to Okitipupa. Government should have mercy on us and help us.

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
tribalistdcriti:
bro I live there idepe to be precise I have lived with neighbors that don't pay nepa bills bro
So because your immediate neighbours were not the types that loved paying electricity bills applies to other communities in KTP L.g.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by ashawopikin(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
The healthcare center needs healthcare

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by OutisComputers7: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Only 12yrs? My village never see light since the big bang happened
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

That is really pathetic but the sad part is that the same citizens of the area would be the MOST vocal and ardent supporters of the government. They would be the first to tell you about their ONE NIGERIA and how it's such a great country.
Okitipupa people tell you about one Nigeria? What are you saying?
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by sehin79(m): 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
MEHN this is sad this is my village ooo okitipupa ode aye... what is the governor doing.

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
AABBIIMM:
Yes, they're hardworking and love education. But I can tell you their level of literacy doesn't change their ill mentality towards their neighbours. You wake up hearing bitter cursings, swearing.....
They never appreciate any good thing, rather, they'll belittle it and disdain it.
Only few of them actually desires truth there.
Quote me if I'm lying sir
This happens everywhere. I've resided in many places across south west, even some parts in the eastern part of the country. Should I tell you my brother, Ikale people are relatively good.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by BIGDADDY000(m): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
and also GARAGE OLODE IN OSUN STATE AS WELL
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by John4B: 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
Same thing in ishiagu, ebonyi state.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Franzinni: 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Egein:

You are childish.
you bet I am... what is wrong with that?

Let your ego keep deceiving you ... Weldon

Grown up ish !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Robber Who Sleeps Beside ATM In Lagos To Rob Arrested By Police (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Storms Anambra, Amidst Election Saga, Received By Huge Crowd / Ziyaatulhaqq Usman Tahir Contesting For Bauchi South Senatorial Seat 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.