Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) (50500 Views)

Buhari's ACHIVMENTS IN 8 YEARS ( PICTURES) / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians / Abia State First Flyover In Limbo After 5 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by EverBlazingy2k(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Are you guys shock?

My village never have before.

Offi in Okobo L.G.A. Akwa Ibom State.

No access road.

One day, I will shock Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by UnabashedIPOB: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fafesot:

Okitipupa people tell you about one Nigeria? What are you saying?

Do they have to tell me personally about ONE NIGERIA? Absolutely NOT! But that's usually the mindset of the oppressed. In LIEGERIA, not just in Okitipupa, the oppressed always love and support their oppressors. I hope you're NOT going to argue on that and that's exactly what I am saying!
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by ejimatic: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:
I was on visit to Ondo state in Nigeria recently and i was shocked to hear from the indigenes and residents to hear about this.

Imagine asking for a cold bottle water or drink and they suddenly start laughing at you.

As a matter of fact, that’s the fastest way to identify a stranger in OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE. just request for anything cold or iced.

To think that this people have a governor, senator, House of Rep Members is very shameful.

See below video evidence from a resident and pictures of the dilapidated electric poles that ought to be distributing light.

Shame on their leaders.

Please share or tag all the appropriate authorities until they fix it.

Modified: Another Nairalander replied to say it’s even about 16 years. Mehn! The government is wicked!

PS: I am having issues uploading the video
. Ilaje Ese Odo has no light.It is indeed worrisome that the citizens have to be on generators every day.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

Do they have to tell me personally about ONE NIGERIA? Absolutely NOT! But that's usually the mindset of the oppressed. In LIEGERIA, not just in Okitipupa, the oppressed always love and support their oppressors. I hope you're NOT going to argue on that and that's exactly what I am saying!
Okay...that one is a general issue.
But thank God Nigerians are getting wiser by day, prolly due to the hardship.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Penywise(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
Yankwashi and Roni are both towns in Jigawa state with no access to electricity.

The truth is that many towns and villages in Nigeria have no access to electricity and we don't know about them.

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Decryptor(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bennysam:

Did they kill all the nepa people there? What could have done that course blackout since 12 years

Maybe they mined the NEPA people's skulls undecided

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Agugbadin: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hi
ThEGodFaThEr103:
And many of them on Nairaland will come online casting aspersions at other tribes.
Is not only Ondo, some villages in Ogun state too don't have electricity pole let alone electricity.

Many of them live in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by madjune(m): 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
There's also a town like that in cross river state.

There own is different in the sense that, witches and wizards openly work against the lights coming on.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kokodeni(m): 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
The most painful part is that that's where the first senator of western Nigeria came from

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by tctrills: 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
I read this, and my anger was not on the government. we already know that we have a useless government in Nigeria but Okitipupa is a quite known town. It is relatively big in its own respect. So if for 12 years, the sons and daughter of the town could not come together and fix the problem, it is a big shame on them.

I know smaller towns where the indigenes solved their electricity problems.

Contribute and buy transformers, poles, and wires like others do. If not, we would keep on criticizing the government and achieve nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Bluntemperor: 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Praxis758:
What a pity.

Nigeria is a big shame to its peers on infrastructural provision to its citizens.

We have said it severally and the govt care-free attitudes is not helping matters,as both Discos and Genco are not given Tasks for total turnaround of Electricity in Nigeria!
In Ikorodu areas of Otaona, Grammar, Radio etc,have no light over a month, now,as we are speaking! The Ikeja Discos is too big to handle things here as everyone is frustrated and then excuses that TCN is shedding loads all the time but don't she'd loads of the big Staff,all of them normally have light,why?
• Nigeria cannot withness any Industrialization without 24/7 Hours-Light,which the Govt cannot guarantee in today's 21st Century!
•It is dishearthing for Nigerians to import over 16- Millions Generators,when those Whiteman Producing it don't use the generator!
• Why do Discos give more darkness to the people,yet still collect bills for the darkness every Month? This is a systemic Fraud in most Organizations and Discos is not exception.
•Ghana, Benin Republic,etc don't use Generators again,as generator is a business in Nigeria.Why do Dunlop,and other Companies find their ways to Ghana?
This is how the govt Officials and Discos have been making Nigerians to bleep under darkness; many Children don't see light during daytime and night.
Shameless People everywhere!

•Lalasticlala_Seun,please do Nigerians good by asking the quality of light being supplied in each State of Federation and Area involved,on quarterly basis!
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Thanksful:

You mean for 8 years they supplied you guys light and they never came to collect their money for good 8 years and they were still giving you guys light?

Even if so, let they give you guys prepaid meters and factor the bill inside for a period of time.

What nonsense is all this?
No, Okitipupa doesn't have power for the last 8 years but for many years before then, Okitipupa always have power but the people won't pay NEPA bill. The federal government decided to cut them off since they are owing a lot. When electricity got privatized, BEDC wanted to restore power to the town but told the people to pay part of what they owe the federal government (50%) so they can use that to make repairs and replace damaged transformers but my people refused.

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by afroxyz: 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dabronze:
It was beacuse of the witch and t the evil people in that village they hate electricity when they fly in the night
when the former govenor before Mimiko i cant remmeber his name maybe Agagu or somithing gave them the transformer in that village is not up to a day that those evill peopl destroy it if you know OKITIPUPA very well is full of evill people.

Yet these same witches and wizards havent killed any politician or Buhari for that matter

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by UnabashedIPOB: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fafesot:

But thank God Nigerians are getting wiser by day, prolly due to the hardship.

If you had actually taken time to read, digest and comprehend the opening sentence in my article, you should have understood that the issue I raised was not particular to the people of OKITIPUPA.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Eju2018(m): 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
It's not strange. Since I was born in the early 80s, I have not seen electricity in my village. It's over 40 years now. We rely on generator. Mind you I am talking about the Almighty Akwa Ibom state.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by koyyess: 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
That's what happens when you sell your votes for a bag of rice and garri. Your leaders will think that's all you need for 4-8 years of their administration.

Who lose now? undecided

Nizoorians are not ready for change and development.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Realmarvel1989(m): 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bubu is doing well
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2021
[s]
Bennysam:

And most of them is on nairaland talking nonsense about other tribe, yoruba people
[/s]

1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by otino(m): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oppa Oppa grin, Igbokoda is the worst
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hmm con3 get k leg so undecided
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nekky5(f): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Too bad!!!!!
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Father4all: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
yuping:
Foolish set of people and leaders. You mean the community cannot hold a meeting to agreed on what they can do to bring light to that area? This shows lack of cooperation in that area.
Witchcraft of the highest order.
you are very correct
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
It would be difficult to have a Yoruba nation and have communities like this still existing.

Electricity is the least of their problems here in Okitipupa.

The successive state governors failed woefully.

Arakunrin is failing woefully.

The only solution to these problems is secession.

If you go to the hinterland in most of our southwest states, you'd find something similar.

That's an indictment in governance since after Pa Awo.

The only way development can trickle down is when we have a smaller nation and people can monitor their elected representatives without having to go all the way to Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by EvaIkemmeri(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
12 years?
And during election they would vote for politicians.
Ahh!
Criminal politicians watin we go do with una?

Exceptionally wicked embarassed

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by nick50(m): 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Most of them are in lagos claiming to be lagosians..cowards!!!
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by EvaIkemmeri(m): 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Yesssss

Secession is the ONLY SOLUTION
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

No, Okitipupa doesn't have power for the last 8 years but for many years before then, Okitipupa always have power but the people won't pay NEPA bill. The federal government decided to cut them off since they are owing a lot. When electricity got privatized, BEDC wanted to restore power to the town but told the people to pay part of what they owe the federal government (50%) so they can use that to make repairs and replace damaged transformers but my people refused.

Ok, how much is the 50% please do you know?
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by IbileIfe: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:
I was on visit to Ondo state in Nigeria recently and i was shocked to hear from the indigenes and residents to hear about this.

Imagine asking for a cold bottle water or drink and they suddenly start laughing at you.

As a matter of fact, that’s the fastest way to identify a stranger in OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE. just request for anything cold or iced.

To think that this people have a governor, senator, House of Rep Members is very shameful.

See below video evidence from a resident and pictures of the dilapidated electric poles that ought to be distributing light.

Shame on their leaders.

Please share or tag all the appropriate authorities until they fix it.

Modified: Another Nairalander replied to say it’s even about 16 years. Mehn! The government is wicked!

PS: I am having issues uploading the video

Dem say children of darkness full there.
They don't want light.
Light will expose the evils the �.devils do in darkness.

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Thanksful:

Ok, how much is the 50% please do you know?
Each house should pay 50% of what they owe. That was the proposal from BEDC. A politician once tried to offset the costs but I don't know what later happened that he didn't.
It was a lot of money cuz the entire town is owing huge electricity bills so I can understand if the politician got scared when the cost was presented to him.

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kckelly: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
I served in this particular town in 2014/2015. They never had light in this community for so many years before I arrived for service and they never did after we light. Okitipupa is a very beautiful community with so many prominent Nigerians but unfortunately all the electrical installations are dilapidated till date

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Each house should pay 50% of what they owe. That was the proposal from BEDC. A politician once tried to offset the costs but I don't know what later happened that he didn't.
It was a lot of money cuz the entire town is owing huge electricity bills so I can understand if the politician got scared when the cost was presented to him.

Omo! This one heavy.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by iamyemiakins(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
This is the town my school is located grin
Zero electricity, this country nawa!

In fact! The whole Ondo south senatorial district have no electricity for over 12 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fulanis Pray At Usmanu Danfodio Graveside In Sokoto (Photos) / Man Blasts Maria Ude Nwachi, Shows Shocking Picture Of Bridge In Her Village / Thugs Attack Rabiu Kwankwaso's Convoy In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.