Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers (42554 Views)

So Many Men Are Dating Women Who Don’t Like Them / Married Men Must Date Single Ladies To Teach Them About Marriage- Lutterodt / Six Tips How To Approach & Date Single Military Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Terrier99:

How many single fathers do you see asking the new wife to pay the fees, feed, cloth and be responsible for the upbringing of the children of their Exes?
Try to dey use your brain.

Don't mind him.

Senseless!

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by chinchonglee(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
I can date but I can't marry
Lol!
Whats now the essence of dating?
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
NaijirianKing:
The number one trait of a toxic female is one who cannot see their own fault, and is always blameless.

This means that she cannot learn from her mistakes, because according to her, she doesn't make them. It's always everyone else.

One who doesn't acknowledge their mistakes can never learn from them, one who can't learn from their mistakes can never grow. A person who doesn't grow is forever stunted.

This is the biggest red flag of all. Avoid such toxicity.

Brilliant post!
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Hopefully younger women can see the mistakes of giving themselves to unserious men, and begin to respect themselves, and focus on finding a man who will marry them before starting down the road of indiscriminate fornication.

We need a return to traditionalism. Hopefully the younger generation of women can learn from the mistakes of this generation and move accordingly.

Many girls have to realise their pussypower is a temporary and short period power, so they have to use it sensibly and humble themselves.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
debbydams:
not all single mothers tho,we still have some with pride and dignity..it not necessary you take responsibilities of the kid,the kid has bn doinh fine before u came to the picture..not all single mother flirt with their baby daddy..

This is true!
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
emsco:
Same reason i broke up with a Nairalander lady.. we are have been doing lovey dovey for about a month. WE got to meet severally and even plan on getting married only for her to tell me she has a son.
I ask why she didn't tell me when we first met but all she said was that shouldn't be a problem..
I had to run for my life, I'm a single guy that is not how I plan to live my life.

Proper dangerous and selfish woman.

2 Likes

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 8:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
adanny01:

For your mind, na you sensible but cannot even read and understand.

Does the above look like people already in a relationship?

Grow up!

Do you think a woman is stupid?

If a woman is having long talks with you, do you think she does not know you are interested and she is interested?

So how come during one of the long talks, she did not mention her kid?

Or you think it is easy for a parent to not mention their kid when discussing their day or activities?

2 Likes

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nma3595:
If only our men start taking responsibilities for their actions, we wont have single mums every where. a woman who accepted her mistake and kept the baby is more honorable and well mannered than the man who took off and allowed her bear the shame alone. most guys who talk about single mums are actually the ones who get women pregnant and leave them. Dont crucify any single mum because you dont know her story.

Agbero union academic research.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
placeofallure:

It's not a disease to be a single mother.

No man should be coerced into taking responsibility of a child who isn't his. Strictly, it should be of his own volition.

People change, total transformation.
Everyone should know that. So, it may not be poor judgement on their part

It's not all the time that a single mother has affiliations still with the baby daddy. Some don't even want to see the men anywhere around them let alone allowing him in the child's life.

Different strokes for different folks.

I am not a single mother but I have a thing for them.

Good points!
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
AutoChick4U:
I think I'd make a great mom. I really don't tolerate nonsense in children so you can wallow in your negative reasoning. See all the negatives, concerns me not.

Then be a great mom on your own as a single mother if you want to be the only one to discipline your child.

Don't ask for a man to come and step-father by providing only and only the "great mom" can discipline him.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by AutoChick4U(f): 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
Gamesmart:

Then be a great mom on your own as a single mother if you want to be the only one to discipline your child.

Don't ask for a man to come and step-father by providing only and only the "great mom" can discipline him.
Baba calm down I thought it was a bf and not a husband. Off course my baby's step dad will have every right to discipline her when wrong naw. One person no dey train pikin

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Gamesmart: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Baba calm down I thought it was a bf and not a husband. Off course my baby's step dad will have every right to discipline her when wrong naw. One person no dey train pikin

Better.

I for fear!

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by placeofallure(f): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Davash222:

Why do you have a thing for single mothers?

In life, the race is not always to the swift, Time and chance happen to them all.
That's why.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Davash222(m): 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
placeofallure:

In life, the race is not always to the swift, Time and chance happen to them all.
That's why.
You're one of the few sensible ladies here.

2 Likes

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by placeofallure(f): 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Davash222:

You're one of the few sensible ladies here.

Thank you so much for the compliment.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by lawkenoz(m): 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Single dads? Where's d mother of the kids?
Most times dead, divorced and remarried! Women will hardly abandon thier offsprings, a select few among the generality of the populace will leave the kids with the man, irresponsible men lead in that regard!

So when you see a single dad isn't it logical for them to be with single mom's who can understand thier circumstance better? Just saying!

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by MadeMan01(m): 10:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
mikovo2002:
I am presently dating a single mother, she had never review the father of her son. All she always tell me is that she didn't know the wereabout of her child father. She put her son first. I am just like second fiddle in the house
She even bought a land in the name of her son bearing the child surname. She save her money for towards the upkeep of her child while my money is for us

I don't mind a woman relegating me to number two in favour of her kids, BUT THE KIDS MUST BE MY BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN. I take consolation tha she loves a part of me. I refuse to be number 3 after her kids, baby daddy, then me. We can be fvck mates. But if she is very beautiful, in good condition, dead baby daddy and ONLY one kid under 5, I may consider, if she gives me two of mine

4 Likes

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Whitebeer2k: 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Is not easy to be single mother..... especially those one with no late husband na......
..na any how dem day Bleep theier pemkus....man no. Get joy
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by JayCynic(m): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
the hypocrisy on this subject is that the majority who look down on these women will gladly date/marry Genevieve/Linda or the ex wives of Uncle Jeff (Bezos) and/or baba Bill (Gates)

How were you able to read through their minds to know though?

Before judging men, let me ask this,

Do you think most women in their prime would date or marry any single father with a kid(s) who are very active in their lives and can bring very little to the table financially?

Do you think single mothers need relationships primarily for love or for financial security?

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Yoighaman(m): 12:21am On Sep 11, 2021
AfroKnight:
Parts of the story have been altered cos affected parties might be nairalanders.

A while ago, I met a beautiful woman. She carry front, she carry back. Both in desirable proportions. I got her number and we got talking. We soon advanced to long calls, flirting and risqué jokes. Then she posted a boy on her WhatsApp status one day and the caption rocked me to my foundation. I asked and she confirmed that the little boy was her son. Okay.

“Where is his father?”

“He is not responsible. He is not involved in his son’s life. I take care of him alone.”

“Well, no problem”, I thought to myself. I reminded myself that it is not my dream in life to deal with the complications of raising a son who is not biologically mine, especially one whose father is still very much alive. So, I slowed down. Reduced calls until we drifted apart.

I told a female friend of mine about this and the way she looked at me ehn, I was wondering what I did wrong. She was so disappointed in me for refusing to date a single mother.

Well, I gave that friend of mine a piece of my mind. She had no right to project her concept of right or wrong or even chivalry on me! I am nobody’s saviour. I cannot pick up the responsibilities of another man who is alive and well. It is not only unfair but incredibly unjust to put a man on the spot by letting him find out you have a child after you guys have started flirting and even advanced in the talking stage of a budding relationship. I don dey feel you to the point of starting a serious relationship and I discover this? It is wrong.

And it is even more offensive that you would expect a man to just take it in stride.

Guys do not be shy to refuse if you don’t want.

Some guys are cool with it and that’s fine. If I’m not cool with it, don’t demonise me. It’s my choice.

Share your thoughts please.

Dating or getting married to a baby mama issa No-No. Don't care about what anybody says, opinion is a public toilet.

I like your style of writing though. Kudos bro.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Respect55(m): 12:33am On Sep 11, 2021
There is no need mincing words here. Far be it from me that I marry a single mum. God forbid!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Terrier99: 12:57am On Sep 11, 2021
emsco:
Same reason i broke up with a Nairalander lady.. we are have been doing lovey dovey for about a month. WE got to meet severally and even plan on getting married only for her to tell me she has a son.
I ask why she didn't tell me when we first met but all she said was that shouldn't be a problem..
I had to run for my life, I'm a single guy that is not how I plan to live my life.

You suppose "konk" am for head.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by AutoChick4U(f): 5:29am On Sep 11, 2021
lawkenoz:

Most times dead, divorced and remarried! Women will hardly abandon thier offsprings, a select few among the generality of the populace will leave the kids with the man, irresponsible men lead in that regard!

So when you see a single dad isn't it logical for them to be with single dad's who can understand thier circumstance better? Just saying!
Yea its weird though. I remember seeing a guy with a baby board a cab and it was soooooo odd to me.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by AfroKnight: 6:47am On Sep 11, 2021
Yoighaman:

Dating or getting married to a baby mama issa No-No. Don't care about what anybody says, opinion is a public toilet.

I like your style of writing though. Kudos bro.

Thank you bro.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by emsco(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2021
Terrier99:

You suppose "konk" am for head.
Na dis their emotional blackmail i no understand.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by JayCynic(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
cococandy:
Instead of answering yes or no to a definition that you created by yourself, you went in a tangential inconsequential rant.

By your own post, the woman slept with an irresponsible man who didn’t wait until marriage to have sex with her. Now I’m asking you, have you ever been an irresponsible man who didn’t wait until marriage to sleep with a woman?
It’s a simple yes or no question.

But we know how it goes. Once y’all’s foolish stance on anything that concerns women is questioned, you start creating hare-brained illogical theories to justify your hypocrisy.
I don’t need to go back and forth with you but by your own definition, if you have had sex with a lady who isn’t your wife, you’re one of the irresponsible men you mentioned.

Talking of illogic, I've read through the thread and I can't seem to find any statement which suggests that sex outside of marriage makes one irresponsible, what actually makes one irresponsible is carelessly venturing into sex unprotected, knowing full well that the product of it is pregnancy and eventually a baby, as long as one consciously made the decision to be reckless with their sex life, they've made an IRRESPONSIBLE decision and they are irresponsible. No man should carry the responsibility for a woman's and another man's irresponsibility. Fix your shit yourselves. Period.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Victerica(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Why don't the Babydaddy, want to be responsible?

Why the change?
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Victerica(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
JayCynic:

Talking of illogic, I've read through the thread and I can't seem to find any statement which suggests that sex outside of marriage makes one irresponsible, what actually makes one irresponsible is carelessly venturing into sex unprotected, knowing full well that the product of it is pregnancy and eventually a baby, as long as one consciously made the decision to be reckless with their sex life, they've made an IRRESPONSIBLE decision and they are irresponsible. No man should carry the responsibility for a woman's and another man's irresponsibility. Fix your shit yourselves. Period.

So sex outside marriage does not make one irresponsible?
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by JayCynic(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Victerica:

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by JayCynic(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2021
Victerica:

Sex outside marriage does not make one irresponsible. Recklessness, thoughtlessness, inability to comprehend and act on the possible consequences of your actions is what makes one irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Victerica(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
JayCynic:

Sex outside marriage does not make one irresponsible. Recklessness, thoughtlessness, inability to comprehend and act on the possible consequences of your actions is what makes one irresponsible.

Bro, sex outside marriage is bad.. stop trying to sugarcoat these things.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Digmygold: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
lilvicky68:
If the man(father of the child) is still in the picture, Okafor's law comes to mind..

The problem isn't about taking care of another man's child because after marriage you should take the child as yours.. but sharing your wife with another man in the name of baby daddy..

I hope you give this same advice to your daughters' prospective suitors when they all become single.mothers hanging around under your roof at 45 years of age and above. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What A Barman Did When I Took A Lady For A Date. / How Did You Woo Your Girlfriend? / Kenyan Lady Exposes Her Husband's Mistress & Vowed To Bewitch Her (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.