Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,878 members, 7,956,317 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers (43775 Views)

So Many Men Are Dating Women Who Don’t Like Them / Married Men Must Date Single Ladies To Teach Them About Marriage- Lutterodt / Six Tips How To Approach & Date Single Military Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by debbydams(f): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
Pumpumking:

U very rudes. so u can answer a simple questions to confirm if I hav yansh or not? do u hav yansh or not gademmmit, plise? angry
if u don't leave my mention I'll report you pls,what's your problem ? Excuse me pls
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
UncleKoboko:
[s][/s]
Shut up with your nonsense!
I know you're a single mother hiding under a male moniker here.
That's one of you people's problems.... You lie and pretend a lot.

who give a flying fukc what you think of who i am....i am educating your deluded self... instead of being quiet and educate yourself, you are here talking nonsense. if you have nothing to say on the subject then learn in silence, you SIMPLETON!
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Pumpumking: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
debbydams:
if u don't leave my mention I'll report you pls,what's your problem ? Excuse me pls

Ok I apologice. I have moiney and I drives range rover. Gimme yor nomba so I can toast u twice pliase?. Digits?
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by 24brains(m): 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
legallyminded:
@TheGidRedpiller the war against simphood is where we're gaining ground gradually.
he's not alone on this. We meeeov

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by UncleKoboko: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

who give a flying fukc what you think of who i am....i am educating your deluded self... instead of being quiet and educate yourself, you are here talking nonsense. if you have nothing to say on the subject then learn in silence, you SIMPLETON!
Woe betide you and your education. How dare you? Who the fúçk do you think you are that made you think that you can educate me?
Chai! See what social media is causing... grin
Fûck you in your delusion and ignorance.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Woe betide you and your education. How dare you? Who the fúçk do you think you are that made you think that you can educate me?
Chai! See what social media is causing... grin
Fûck you in your delusion and ignorance.

obviously you were learning, if not you wouldnt have taken the time to reply, you simpleton!

just be quiet and keep learning...
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by UncleKoboko: 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

obviously you were learning, if not you wouldnt have taken the time to reply, you simpleton!

just be quiet and keep learning...
Lol
I only honoured you with the response you deserved.
A frustrated mentally unstable single mother can NEVER educate me.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Lol
I only honoured you with the response you deserved.
A frustrated mentally unstable single mother can NEVER educate me.

[img]https://c./Hz4dpk6ADAAAAAAd/leonardo-dicaprio-laughing.gif[/img]
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Kyrestas: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
i am dying for my single mother , ilove her more than my wife, she understand me 98% while my wife understand me 60%
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by debbydams(f): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Pumpumking:

Ok I apologice. I have moiney and I drives range rover. Gimme yor nomba so I can toast u twice pliase?. Digits?
go back to school pls
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by lilvicky68(m): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
Kyrestas:
i am dying for my single mother , ilove her more than my wife, she understand me 98% while my wife understand me 60%
Lol until she becomes your new wife then the understanding will reduce.. grin

3 Likes

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Pumpumking: 3:46am On Sep 19, 2021
debbydams:
go back to school pls

angry
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by kolakolex: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2021
lilvicky68:
If the man(father of the child) is still in the picture, Okafor's law comes to mind..

The problem isn't about taking care of another man's child because after marriage you should take the child as yours.. but sharing your wife with another man in the name of baby daddy..

If that father of the child is late,I can marry her; my mind will be rest assured that there is no strong competitor. I know there may be other hidden competitors bt i am not perturbed since I dont know them.

Telling me about it is very important. its not when we have gone far in the relationship or when I have propose to marry then u start bringing stories.

I have seen cases where, the ex lover start claiming his son after so many years and even want to collect the mother back.

2 Likes

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Kyrestas: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2021
[quote author=lilvicky68 post=105950903]
Lol until she becomes your new wife then the understanding will reduce.. I don't think it will happened like that she is not that kind of A woman that i know.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by capsule(m): 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
lilvicky68:

Lol until she becomes your new wife then the understanding will reduce.. grin

They are always nice while they are outside, your wife's 60% is the realiest thing you can get. If in doubt bring Her in and send your wife out.

2 Likes

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by gurusprout: 6:14am On Sep 29, 2021
SyrusdeHansome:
What so many guys don't knw is that not every single mother is a LovePeddler. So many girls got pregnant after trying sex just once. Some of them got pregnant as a result of rape. They had the choice of terminating the pregnancy but refused to commit the sin of fornication nd murder. Not all virgins r good 4 marriage. Being a virgin doesn't necessarily translate to having the needed character that will sustain marriage. There's more to marriage than sex mbok. Let's drop this bias narrative abt single mothers cos the dfrns b/w them nd some of ur saint girlfrnds who r fun of aborting their 2day nd future babies is that they were bold enof to keep the pregnancy out of love 4 the innocent foetus. As 4 me peace of mind is what i need in marriage so if its a single mother that'll give that to me then i'll happily marry her.
I won't say all single mothers are bad. But I'll tell you one thing; a woman gives preference to her children over any man (even if he's the father of the children).

So think wisely before stepping in.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by AfroKnight: 10:18am On Sep 29, 2021
baby124:
Marry who makes you happy. Lots of you had single mum’s as grand mothers and mum’s. Those ones in pOlygamous marriages or with irresponsible husbands were also as good as single mum’s. Lots had to get men who could help carry their baggage, which was you. Seems like OP is not convinced about his own decision.

My grandmothers and my mother were never at any point, single mothers. So I cannot relate.

Beyond that fact, it is interesting that you think I am not convinced.

I am settled in my decision. I didn’t seek validation from my female friend. Our discussion led to it and I told her. She gave me her opinion on the matter. It was the first time anyone told me to my face that it was wrong to avoid dating single mothers.

Some women avoid single fathers and are actually hailed by their friends and family. But a man is demonised for doing the same? Come on.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Konquest: 10:50am On Nov 13, 2021
AfroKnight:
Parts of the story have been altered cos affected parties might be nairalanders.

A while ago, I met a beautiful woman. She carry front, she carry back. Both in desirable proportions. I got her number and we got talking. We soon advanced to long calls, flirting and risqué jokes. Then she posted a boy on her WhatsApp status one day and the caption rocked me to my foundation. I asked and she confirmed that the little boy was her son. Okay.

“Where is his father?”

“He is not responsible. He is not involved in his son’s life. I take care of him alone.”

“Well, no problem”, I thought to myself. I reminded myself that it is not my dream in life to deal with the complications of raising a son who is not biologically mine, especially one whose father is still very much alive. So, I slowed down. Reduced calls until we drifted apart.

I told a female friend of mine about this and the way she looked at me ehn, I was wondering what I did wrong. She was so disappointed in me for refusing to date a single mother.

Well, I gave that friend of mine a piece of my mind. She had no right to project her concept of right or wrong or even chivalry on me! I am nobody’s saviour. I cannot pick up the responsibilities of another man who is alive and well. It is not only unfair but incredibly unjust to put a man on the spot by letting him find out you have a child after you guys have started flirting and even advanced in the talking stage of a budding relationship. I don dey feel you to the point of starting a serious relationship and I discover this? It is wrong.

And it is even more offensive that you would expect a man to just take it in stride.

Guys do not be shy to refuse if you don’t want.

Some guys are cool with it and that’s fine. If I’m not cool with it, don’t demonise me. It’s my choice.

Share your thoughts please.
To be brutally honest, most guys especially the younger ones below 35/40 would feel more comfortable getting married to single mothers
in a worse case scenario. Men would rather get married to a single mother whose ex is dead
just so as to avoid toxic drama
or the lady having an affair with
the former lover.

Most men above 35 become
more mature as they grow older and tend to be more accepting
of single mothers who have personality and bring value to the table in long-term relationships!
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
Arewalegend:
anti biotics kill sperm

grin grin grin grin
Biko which antibiotics??
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by lilvicky68(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2022
lilvicky68:
If the man(father of the child) is still in the picture, Okafor's law comes to mind..

The problem isn't about taking care of another man's child because after marriage you should take the child as yours.. but sharing your wife with another man in the name of baby daddy..
With exception to rich single mothers..
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Makiy: 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2022
AfroKnight:
Parts of the story have been altered cos affected parties might be nairalanders.

A while ago, I met a beautiful woman. She carry front, she carry back. Both in desirable proportions. I got her number and we got talking. We soon advanced to long calls, flirting and risqué jokes. Then she posted a boy on her WhatsApp status one day and the caption rocked me to my foundation. I asked and she confirmed that the little boy was her son. Okay.

“Where is his father?”

“He is not responsible. He is not involved in his son’s life. I take care of him alone.”

“Well, no problem”, I thought to myself. I reminded myself that it is not my dream in life to deal with the complications of raising a son who is not biologically mine, especially one whose father is still very much alive. So, I slowed down. Reduced calls until we drifted apart.

I told a female friend of mine about this and the way she looked at me ehn, I was wondering what I did wrong. She was so disappointed in me for refusing to date a single mother.

Well, I gave that friend of mine a piece of my mind. She had no right to project her concept of right or wrong or even chivalry on me! I am nobody’s saviour. I cannot pick up the responsibilities of another man who is alive and well. It is not only unfair but incredibly unjust to put a man on the spot by letting him find out you have a child after you guys have started flirting and even advanced in the talking stage of a budding relationship. I don dey feel you to the point of starting a serious relationship and I discover this? It is wrong.

And it is even more offensive that you would expect a man to just take it in stride.

Guys do not be shy to refuse if you don’t want.

Some guys are cool with it and that’s fine. If I’m not cool with it, don’t demonise me. It’s my choice.

Share your thoughts please.

You did well sir. If it's her choice to carry anothers man child. Then it's your choice not to take responsibility ✌kudos to you sir.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Surfacebaba: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
Noooooooo
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Goddeywithme: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
You dodged an atomic bomb. Thank your God or whatever you believe in

lawkenoz:

Bro you are very on point....take it from someone talking from experience....it's emotionally draining and damn complicated to date them. The majority who have tried have the same story that's evidence enough by itself.

You scenario was exactly my experience, she hid the kids existence from me cuz we were in separate countries. I only got to find out months later after we got serious. When asked of the kids father you can guess the response she gave....same line you
Typed in the original post.....this women never disappoint like clockwork!

I said okay not bad, lemme try getting to know the kid and make it work. I live in the same country with her parents so her mom brought the kid over and I went visiting to get to know the parents and my prospective step child. Everything went well, I loved the kid even discussed a formal adoption for the child after the nuptials since the father in her words abandoned it.

Few months to the engagement and set date for return to naija to conclude the traditional rites, Babe went AWOL. Stopped picking my calls, her parents as well. There was no way I could reach her, plus I couldn't just travel to her location due to I
Being in a different continent and my job demand.

To Cut the long story short, I had a friend who stays I. The same country to help me check up on them, turns out baby daddy showed up, somehow they made up and had a short lived rekindled love affair. I was seriously vexed but what could a brother do. Madam just ghosted me. I had to let it go ultimately.

Now here comes the interesting part, the baby daddy knocked her up with twins and vanishes again. 3 months to her EDD and 4 to my wedding she calls me up out of the blue and starts pontificating. Sounds like a movie but I was living it in real time.

Single moms? Hell no to any young single man. If you don't love drama stay far away.
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Goddeywithme: 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
Story for the gods

Until he comes knocking

AutoChick4U:
Now this is where communication is very important. A single mom who still sees, talks to d baby daddy is a suspect. Besides the lady in this your story is a very dumb fvck.

Many single moms are not in contact with their baby fathers and managing alone just like me. Theres minus zero possibility of such happening in my case anyways
Re: A Case For Men Who Don’t Want To Date Single Mothers by Goddeywithme: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
ozuone:

Apart from death of spouse.. most single mothers will quote the father of her child as Irresponsible just to be spiteful because she herself must be very Irresponsible.

The way she took the baby from the previous baby daddy is the same way she will take your own baby and run and will call you Irresponsible..

Infact single mothers prefer a widower or maybe someone with reproduction wahala because they don't want any competition.

He child will come first in your property before your biological children.

Not all single.mothers are bad . But apart from issues like domestic violence or death of spouse.

Its a no go area

Even in cases of death, shine your eyes bro. What if she killed the man

I have intimate knowledge of a single divorced mother. She presented her ex husband as irresponsible and someone who doesn't know how to manage money

Yet, as I began dating this woman, it turns out that when she was dating the ex before they married, he was the one that funded a big career progression for her which costed so much. And the man never borrowed the money. He got it from his savings. I asked her one question she couldn't answer. The question is this. How comes this man who is irresponsible and cannot manage himself was responsible before he married u and had so much money. Till today, she couldn't answer the question

Now the man has been rendered useless. He is on a cocktail of medication. Blood pressure and co. My hunch is that the woman used him, and when he became useless, she dumped him. The woman tried doing same to me. But because I have my head screwed on my neck, I blocked all her moves and manipulations. We broke up surely

That woman can kill a man. Not with a knife, but by her behaviour. She admitted to me of hitting her husband on the head with a pot. And when the poor man called police, she denied it and said the man assaulted her.

Men, be wise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

7 Ways Poor Guys Survive Without A Girlfriend / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? / Lady Gives Her Boyfriend's Phone Number To Her Toasters, Each Time They Ask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.