Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! (3243 Views)

Can A PAGAN Go To Heaven? / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Is it not the same Pagans who reside in England who taught us the Word and Name, God as well as "Father"?

Also is Osanobua, Chineke, Oluwa not the Pagan deity of the pagans residing in Edo state, Enugu state and Osun state?

It is the Spirit of reaching out and paying Full Respects to He Who is The Owner, Creator and Ruler of this mighty House called world, that matters, as evident by the fact that Job was from the East, Balaam was not an Israelite and Abimelech in Genesis 20:3 also.

And all these people would have to call He Who is The Creator some name or names in their own tongue, and we do not see Him offended.

So there is truly nothing wrong with Calling He Who is High and Creator of all either God or Osanobua or Chineke!

True it is a personal race but The Laws of the Race also dictate that help should be rendered, if you see your brother going in a way that is not good, you are duty bound to warn him and instruct him that the way he goeth, is not good.

Whether he heeds your counsel or not, your duty is fully filled.

That's what The Rules of This Race States!
in particular you seem to be deep with your thoughts and I quite respect that ... you see we call relate with our maker via different names and I understand that but my point is, most people are on auto pilot.. they were told to do things a certain way and they just carried it and ran with it .. it's like the Hausa they call "God" Allah and they have no qualms about it. But if that is ok, then you can equally call Him spoon, or Indecency, or azaman and you will be right . This morning I really didn't want to post this but I was compelled to and I did and a lot of people have seen it. Many will try to fight the facts by dismissing or ignoring it but the seed is sown already and it will grow with time.

I really like to know your personal perspective on the biblical version of creation tho. What do you think about it? About the fact that "God" created man in his image, and gave him the breath of life ... but He never did to eve ? Also on why "God" who knows the beginning from the end will end up regretting that he created man? And why God after regretting still allowed Noah who was a drunk to be the Father of the new world?

I need to see your perspective because you don't speak from shallowness I might learn a thing or two.

Peace
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Dtruthspeaker: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
LordReed:

Still waiting for your imaginary god to kick me off Nairaland.

grin Isn't your father Satan still running around? grin As Sodom and Gomorrah, when it's time for y'all to be dealt with, you won't miss it, son of Satan! grin
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by hupernikao: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
yep it's a pagan word but the meaning is clean... but the word God is a pagan name of a pagan God .. it puzzles me how everybody want to be right at all cost ... I quite frankly don't care what anybody thinks now a days, I was sent to speak out and I did. If you defend it how you like it's of little consequence to me.

Nah personal race baba.

How is a pagan word (father) clean and pagan word God (not clean). Who is doing the cleaning?
With what criteria. Just want to learn o.

The word God (it's origin, English) was never used to represent any paganism. Infact the very words the original writers used for God were the ones adopted from paganism. Words like

Theos, Theon, (Greek)
El (Hebrew)

Yet the inspiration behind the scriptures taught it worthy and useful for man's salvation. God never fought the Bible authors in using any of this your so called pagan words. Why is he now displeased with it. Or are you talking about another god?

I hope you know that all these are of pagan origin.

Temple
Worship
Altar
Service

Infact your explanation of hearing a voice is embedded in Egyptians pre Jews culture of hearing from their gods.

So, which god are you actually referring to. And what word did the god created that isn't from the pagans.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
hupernikao:

How is a pagan word (father) clean and pagan word God (not clean). Who is doing the cleaning?
With what criteria. Just want to learn o.

The word God (it's origin, English) was never used to represent any paganism. Infact the very words the original writers used for God were the ones adopted from paganism. Words like

Theos, Theon, (Greek)
El (Hebrew)

Yet the inspiration behind the scriptures taught it worthy and useful for man's salvation. God never fought the Bible authors in using any of this your so called pagan words. Why is he now displeased with it. Or are you talking about another god?

I hope you know that all these are of pagan origin.

Temple
Worship
Altar
Service

Infact your explanation of hearing a voice is embedded in Egyptians pre Jews culture of hearing from their gods.

So, which god are you actually referring to. And what word did the god created that isn't from the pagans.
ok let me explain.. father is clean to me because it's meaning is father ... but God, is the name of pagan deity.

You see my hearing from "God" is not unique to me everybody can but the fact is religion makes it easy to hide amongst the herd and be seen as part of a flock and still keep wallowing in sinful and lustful desires.

But when you seek your maker personally all the thing of the ancient times is irrelevant.

Why did the people in the synagogue hate Yeshua to the point of killing him ? Because He brought a way of thinking that was not the norm and humans find it extremely difficult to embrace new perspectives because it means they will have to leave what they have know for all these years and have become a master at it ... and start to learn something new.

The thing is if you can abstain from sin, you can hear from Him. It's that simple.

Now like I said all I have been saying is not to challenge anybody's beliefs, I am only sharing mine. And how I feel complete despite all the things that are happening around me.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Kobojunkiee: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
The word God is of pagan origin!
Same with a lot of names we call Him thinking we are referring to the Father.

People perish in ignorance ... I choose the light.

Didn't want to share this but He asked me to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_(word)
Peace.
can you please be more specific about what you mean of the word being of pagan root? undecided
The earliest written form of the Germanic word God comes from the 6th-century Christian Codex Argenteus. The English word itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic * ǥuđan. The reconstructed Proto-Indo-European form * ǵhu-tó-m was likely based on the root * ǵhau(ə)-, which meant either "to call" or "to invoke".[12] The Germanic words for God were originally neuter—applying to both genders—but during the process of the Christianization of the Germanic peoples from their indigenous Germanic paganism, the words became a masculine syntactic form.[13]
undecided
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by hupernikao: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
ok let me explain.. father is clean to me because it's meaning is father ... but God, is the name of pagan deity.

You see my hearing from "God" is not unique to me everybody can but the fact is religion makes it easy to hide amongst the herd and be seen as part of a flock and still keep wallowing in sinful and lustful desires.

But when you seek your maker personally all the thing of the ancient times is irrelevant.

Why did the people in the synagogue hate Yeshua to the point of killing him ? Because He brought a way of thinking that was not the norm and humans find it extremely difficult to embrace new perspectives because it means they will have to leave what they have know for all these years and have become a master at it ... and start to learn something new.

The thing is if you can abstain from sin, you can hear from Him. It's that simple.

Now like I said all I have been saying is not to challenge anybody's beliefs, I am only sharing mine. And how I feel complete despite all the things that are happening around me.

You are yet to explain the focus of this discussion.

How is the word Father clean and the word God not clean when you agreed they are both from pagan origin. This is what I need you to take time to explain.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
can you please be more specific about what you mean of the word being of pagan root? undecided
undecided
it's in the details that you just posted ...

But to be straight ... it is the name the pagans of old called their deity and was slowly adopted into Christianity .. simply put.

Now I guess you will say what harm is there ? You know you are referring to the Almighty when you say God. Then why don't you say Satan and still be referring to the Almighty, it is not just a word ...

The English language is full of spells. Try and break it down and you will begin to see the pattern ...

Lets do a small example...the word information.. in formation.

Once you get the knowledge you become in... form...ed. which mean that knowledge will put whoever understands it in formation.

Sounds crazy I know but try to pick apart words and you begin to see that a word is not simply a word. There is some power behind it.

Now I only speak from my limited under... standing. And don't claim have all the answers.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Dtruthspeaker: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
.. but my point is, most people are on auto pilot.. they were told to do things a certain way and they just carried it and ran with it

Very Accurate! In Africa and more specifically Nigerians, our training and teaching, in all things is a "Don't think, just do what I told you or do what everyone is doing" kind of teaching, which is not so in those places that they call developed countries.

Franzinni:

.. it's like the Hausa they call "God" Allah and they have no qualms about it. But if that is ok, then you can equally call Him spoon, or Indecency, or azaman and you will be right .

grin which is why I wilfully said "in a Natural Tongue we can use to call Him." I think it would be very unnatural to call Him spoon, Indecency, azaman or flying spaghetti.

However, when that happens, I know The Spirit will Judge and Level it, if it the tongue and word is unacceptable!

Franzinni:

I really like to know your personal perspective on the biblical version of creation tho. What do you think about it?

I do not know what you have in mind but my position is that the Bible's report is infallible and the proof of it is seen and further Proven by Nature.

Franzinni:

About the fact that "God" created man in his image, and gave him the breath of life ... but He never did to eve?

Manufacturing processes clearly show and prove that after the first product is created, the second is never really like the first.

So it is very understandable why Eve would be different from Adam.

Franzinni:

Also on why "God" who knows the beginning from the end will end up regretting that he created man?

Here is also another thing people have been taught to "Auto Pilot and Repeat".

People do not take account that "He who can see can always shut His eyes to see not at will" (just as we can as He made us to be like Him- Proof of Likeness at least)

Therefore, He who can Look into the future has the Right to refuse to look into the future at His unfettered Will.

Which is why you see the words "To see what he would call them" Genesis 2; "and God saw..." in Genesis 6 (i will correct when I verify the passage)

In these cases we all see that He did not look into the future and it is this refusal to look into the future which births the Place of Surprise, Blessings, Curses, Pain, Pleasure and Reward.

Franzinni:

And why God after regretting still allowed Noah who was a drunk to be the Father of the new world?

First, it is unfair and unjust and even evil to call a single case of drunkenness "A drunk".

Secondly, if you were Noah you would surely understand what he saw and knew and why he drank over the limit.

Thirdly, you obviously do not understand the pain of destroying your creation plus joy of finding ONE of those creations which you could keep and use to replace the destroyed ones.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
hupernikao:

How is the word Father clean and the word God not clean when you agreed they are both from pagan origin. This is what I need you to take time to explain.
hmm I have tried to.. but you seem to be he'll bent on proving a point that you fail to open your eyes when you read .. Sir, go and read through the thread, I explained it somewhere to someone.

Like I have always said, I am not interested in converting anyone ... I only share my beliefs.

You know what let me still try to explain. They are both of pagan origin yes. But father means father... and God is the name the pagans call their deity. If you call "God", baba, pop,papa,daddy,uba, pa, anything related to father you are still saying father maybe differently but if you call Him, oluwa, chineke, and all the name we use, borrowed from the names we used to call the gods of old .. I think logically it is flawed.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Kobojunkiee: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
it's in the details that you just posted ...
But to be straight ... it is the name the pagans of old called their deity and was slowly adopted into Christianity .. simply put.
Now I guess you will say what harm is there ? You know you are referring to the Almighty when you say God. Then why don't you say Satan and still be referring to the Almighty, it is not just a word ...
The English language is full of spells. Try and break it down and you will begin to see the pattern ...
Lets do a small example...the word information.. in formation.
Once you get the knowledge you become in... form...ed. which mean that knowledge will put whoever understands it in formation.
Sounds crazy I know but try to pick apart words and you begin to see that a word is not simply a word. There is some power behind it.

Now I only speak from my limited under... standing. And don't claim have all the answers.
1. What human language out there is not full of these spells you speak of? undecided

2. The word "God" seems to be a title, even as used by the original pagans, and not a direct name. Even the words "Almighty" and "Father" are both titles. So are you saying that He prefers we use the title "Father" over the title " God"? undecided

Or you saying He abhors our use of the title "God" undecided
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Very Accurate! In Africa and more specifically Nigerians, our training and teaching, in all things is a "Don't think, just do what I told you or do what everyone is doing" kind of teaching, which is not so in those places that they call developed countries.bravo.. magnifico! You are a politician, and if you are not, you need to be .. Why? Because you know how to say so much without saying so much ..

Now about seeing and choosing not to see, how does God regret when he knows the beginning and the end even before there is a beginning and an end ? You can't chuck it all to choice not to see because if it was choice then He won't regret.

And about Noah, you don't become a ddrunk in a day, for Noah to save some wine with Him for the road, he must have been in need of it's company.

I know these are tough questions I am yet to find a convincing answer I quite frankly believe there is none ... that was why I left all religious form and ask to know my creator personally and not through any middle man or middle book. Mind you the bible was put together by the Catholics

And is full of mistakes

The death of Judas has two different stories in thethe same bible ... in one story he hung himself and theI second he fell from a high place and his belly was ripped open and in innards devoured by dogs. How do you reconcile that .I will also find the versed in a minute

grin which is why I wilfully said "in a Natural Tongue we can use to call Him." I think it would be very unnatural to call Him spoon, Indecency, azaman or flying spaghetti.

However, when that happens, I know The Spirit will Judge and Level it, if it the tongue and word is unacceptable!

I do not know what you have in mind but my position is that the Bible's report is infallible and the proof of it is seen and further Proven by Nature.

Manufacturing processes clearly show and prove that after the first product is created, the second is never really like the first.

People do not take account that "He who can see can always shut His eyes to see not at will" (just as we can as He made us to be like Him- Proof of Likeness at least)

Therefore, He who can Look into the future has the Right to refuse to look into the future at His unfettered Will.

Which is why you see the words "To see what he would call them" Genesis 2; "and God saw..." in Genesis 6 (i will correct when I verify the passage)

In these cases we all see that He did not look into the future and it is this refusal to look into the future which births the Place of Surprise, Blessings, Curses, Pain, Pleasure and Reward.

First, it is unfair and unjust and even evil to call a single case of drunkenness "A drunk".

Secondly, if you were Noah you would surely understand what he saw and knew and why he drank over the limit.

Thirdly, you obviously do not understand the pain of destroying your creation plus joy of finding ONE of those creations which you could keep and use to replace the destroyed ones.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Very Accurate! In Africa and more specifically Nigerians, our training and teaching, in all things is a "Don't think, just do what I told you or do what everyone is doing" kind of teaching, which is not so in those places that they call developed countries.

bravo.. magnifico! You are a politician, and if you are not, you need to be .. Why? Because you know how to say so much without saying so much ..

Now about seeing and choosing not to see, how does God regret when he knows the beginning and the end even before there is a beginning and an end ? You can't chuck it all to choice not to see because if it was choice then He won't regret.

And about Noah, you don't become a ddrunk in a day, for Noah to save some wine with Him for the road, he must have been in need of it's company.

I know these are tough questions I am yet to find a convincing answer I quite frankly believe there is none ... that was why I left all religious form and ask to know my creator personally and not through any middle man or middle book. Mind you the bible was put together by the Catholics

And is full of mistakes

The death of Judas has two different stories in thethe same bible ... in one story he hung himself and theI second he fell from a high place and his belly was ripped open and in innards devoured by dogs. How do you reconcile that .I will also find the versed in a minute

Mathew 27 3-8.

And act 1:18-19
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
1. What human language out there is not full of these spells you speak of? undecided

2. The word "God" seems to be a title, even as used by the original pagans, and not a direct name. Even the words "Almighty" and "Father" are both titles. So are you saying that He prefers we use the title "Father" over the title " God"? undecided

Or you saying He abhors our use of the title "God" undecided
phew ... it's a hopeless venture .. bro I am not asking anybody to call Him anything, I am only stating what He asked of me .... Me!

God is a title so is esu, and shaitan, if you want to put it like that ... bro I might not have a point to you, and I don't fight it. I too didn't know the things I know now until I found out today. And because I know how much people don't want change, I didn't want to even post it but was compelled .. and I did. Take what you can leave what you want... it's all evens out in the end.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
I have a Father ..bro I know you are trying to test "God " for I was once like you ignorant and hard headed I still am to be honest but it pays nothing ...to test your creator, do you know how important you are ? Take the time to see where our galaxy is in the universe and you might have some perspective on how inconsequential we all are but every human being has an ego, and that ego makes them think they are as big as the universe ...

Bro this is it .... try this, stop fighting, you might deny it but it's obvious you are looking for your creator but you are going about it the wrong way, you can't dare him to answer you because you might not like what you get.

I dare you to try this ... stay away from all forms of sin for 2weeks and even if you sin unconsciously, quickly note and apologise to your maker and ask for more guidance to avoid sin. Bro 2 weeks just try it and see what I am talking about ... I don't Mean become a monk and shave your dredds or hair, just keep away from sin actively. You will never know peace like it and I mean all sin, like lying, fornication and the like.

It's you who thinks a god is speaking to him who has the inflated ego.

Your god who only speaks in your head can't answer me so I am not holding my breath for an answer.

Sin is a concept that the snake oil of religion is designed to treat, no thanks.

1 Like

Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Isn't your father Satan still running around? grin As Sodom and Gomorrah, when it's time for y'all to be dealt with, you won't miss it, son of Satan! grin

Where did you see Satan running around, in your dreams? LMFAO!
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Kobojunkiee: 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
phew ... it's a hopeless venture .. bro I am not asking anybody to call Him anything, I am only stating what He asked of me .... Me!

God is a title so is esu, and shaitan, if you want to put it like that ... bro I might not have a point to you, and I don't fight it. I too didn't know the things I know now until I found out today. And because I know how much people don't want change, I didn't want to even post it but was compelled .. and I did. Take what you can leave what you want... it's all evens out in the end.
You posted this to get people to stop calling Him "God"? undecided

I am simply trying to ascertain why He supposedly told you these things about a mere title. undecided
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
LordReed:

It's you who thinks a god is speaking to him who has the inflated ego.

Your god who only speaks in your head can't answer me so I am not holding my breath for an answer.

Sin is a concept that the snake oil of religion is designed to treat, no thanks.
wow.... sin is a concept? I am flabbergasted.. this one strong.

And yeah He only speaks in my head maybe I am crazy won't that just make your day?

He speaks to us All bro you just one of those who have decided to not listen... because it suits your narrative...

Maybe just maybe you are one ofof those Yahoo boys who is deceiving people even more than Lucifer for material gain at the expense of your soul and need to justify your actions by dismissing the possibility of "God" maybe ...just maybe.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You posted this to get people to stop calling Him "God"? undecided

I am simply trying to ascertain why He supposedly told you these things about a mere title. undecided
you got it wrong ... I don't care what people call Him see people are creature of habit and they will resistant vehemently any thing that contradicts what they have accepted to be normal.. I don't need to change anyone, I only am sharing what I found out and my beliefs. Simple.

Common how will you even think I..lol, small me will expect people to call "God" what I want ? It's a personal race bro. I am only sharing my journey. Please if you fail to understand anything I have said pleas understand that it is a personal race and I don't need company. My Father is more than enough on my journey in life.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
wow.... sin is a concept? I am flabbergasted.. this one strong.

And yeah He only speaks in my head maybe I am crazy won't that just make your day?

He speaks to us All bro you just one of those who have decided to not listen... because it suits your narrative...

Maybe just maybe you are one ofof those Yahoo boys who is deceiving people even more than Lucifer for material gain at the expense of your soul and need to justify your actions by dismissing the possibility of "God" maybe ...just maybe.

Bwahahahahaha! OMFD! So your god can't even tell you who I am or what I do, you have to guess? LMFAO!

You being crazy won't make my day. What will make my day is when you realise that the only voice in your head is your own, even when it sounds like the ramblings of a lunatic.

1 Like

Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Kobojunkiee: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
you got it wrong ... I don't care what people call Him see people are creature of habit and they will resistant vehemently any thing that contradicts what they have accepted to be normal.. I don't need to change anyone, I only am sharing what I found out and my beliefs. Simple.

Common how will you even think I..lol, small me will expect people to call "God" what I want ? It's a personal race bro. I am only sharing my journey. Please if you fail to understand anything I have said pleas understand that it is a personal race and I don't need company. My Father is more than enough on my journey in life.
Here's my puzzlement..... the same God who gave us Jesus Christ, His Law, now telling you to doing something not even included in His Law, Jesus Christ. undecided

The walk is an individual one but God's Law and Truth is one, Jesus Christ. So, why would God add a new rule where He said , on the cross, "it is finished"? undecided
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Here's my puzzlement..... the same God who gave us Jesus Christ, His Law, now telling you to doing something not even included in His Law, Jesus Christ. undecided

The walk is an individual one but God's Law and Truth is one, Jesus Christ. So, why would God add a new rule where He said , on the cross, "it is finished"? undecided
Yeshua walk alone ... which the Father till his death that should say a lot about walking alone with your maker ... There was an established religion before Yeshua was born and he was hated for trying to let people see that love is enough

You don't need to be anything .. just love became if you love your neighbors as you love yoself considering you actually love your self then you won't lie,cheat,steal and all love alone has pacified all sin... do you get.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Kobojunkiee: 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
Yeshua walk alone ... which the Father till his death that should say a lot about walking alone with your maker ... There was an established religion before Yeshua was born and he was hated for trying to let people see that love is enough

You don't need to be anything .. just love became if you love your neighbors as you love yoself considering you actually love your self then you won't lie,cheat,steal and all love alone has pacified all sin... do you get.
I am sorry what? undecided

Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant, the agreement He promised His people with which to bless the nations of the world with - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34. undecided

Jesus Christ said His followers are those who live in continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, and those who are His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

Jesus Christ came to save teach a new Law and doctrine. Unlike the Old Covenant, the New Covenant consists of about 60 something commandments, about 13 or more, blessings, about 20 something curses, 2 seals, a ritual, 2 promises, and 1 eligibility requirement - His yoke is easy and His burden is light!

Yet here you are suggesting that one need not do anything to follow Him? undecided
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
LordReed:

Where did you see Satan running around, in your dreams? LMFAO

grin Shall the son of Satan not seek to cover his father, Satan? grin
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I am sorry what? undecided

Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant, the agreement He promised His people with which to bless the nations of the world with - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34. undecided

Jesus Christ said His followers are those who live in continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, and those who are His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

Jesus Christ came to save teach a new Law and doctrine. Unlike the Old Covenant, the New Covenant consists of about 60 something commandments, about 13 or more, blessings, about 20 something curses, 2 seals, a ritual, 2 promises, and 1 eligibility requirement - His yoke is easy and His burden is light!

Yet here you are suggesting that one need not do anything to follow Him? undecided
bro the message of Yeshua is love...

When asked which is the greatest commandment, the Christian New Testament depicts Jesus paraphrasing the Torah: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind," before also paraphrasing a second passage; "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Most Christian ...
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Kobojunkiee: 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
bro the message of Yeshua is love...

When asked which is the greatest commandment, the Christian New Testament depicts Jesus paraphrasing the Torah: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind," before also paraphrasing a second passage; "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Most Christian ...
His message is more than just about love for you. He came to give you God's Law on how to Live. undecided

What you listed there are given you as the two greatest commandments, not the two only commandments. undecided

So, unless your plan is to end up like the Pharisees, who focused on observing some of the laws, ignoring the others - Matthew 23 vs 23 - i suggest you begin to pay more attention to what Jesus Christ in fact taught His followers to do. undecided
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
His message is more than just about love for you. He came to give you God's Law on how to Live. undecided

What you listed there are given you as the two greatest commandments, not the two only commandments. undecided

So, unless your plan is to end up like the Pharisees, who focused on observing some of the laws, ignoring the others - Matthew 23 vs 23 - i suggest you begin to pay more attention to what Jesus Christ in fact taught His followers to do. undecided
I think you are deliberately trying to let me start bashing my head on the wall ... in frustration Hahaha!
In the two things Yeshua spoke about, what was the main point ... ah...ah..ahhh!!! Just wait one sec... it is ....LOVE... for the Father, and for your neighbors... but it is ...Say it with me

Love...

You get ?

Love

Or is there another thing after you distill it down ?

That is what I thought ... it is Love.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:

Now about seeing and choosing not to see, how does God regret when he knows the beginning and the end even before there is a beginning and an end ?

Regret comes from hope and expectation.

Hope and Expectation comes from Painful Suprise as opposed to Pleasant Surprise, which you see in Abraham's compliance with the instruction of sacrificing his only son)

Painful Suprise comes from the exercise of the Power and Right of God of awaiting the Surprising Result His creation will present.

Franzinni:

Our villages have proven to you how good and easy and plentiful and potent wine is and it is simply because you now live in a city, with all the other substitutes and the hardness of life which makes you forget to appreciate the goodness of yester years when natural wine was the entertainment.

So it was an essential commoditiy for good natural living.

And it is capable of getting you drunk even in 2 hours.

You do not need up to 6 hours before you are truly drunk.

Franzinni:

I know these are tough questions I am yet to find a convincing answer I quite frankly believe there is none ... that was why I left all religious form and ask to know my creator personally and not through any middle man or middle book.

The absence of any reasonable query is always proof of the end of questioning.

However, when the questioneer is not satisfied with the answers given to which he had no reasonable query or objection, it therefore means that the questioneer is simply displeased with the answer for he thought it could not be reasonably answered or he truly desired it not to be answered so that he could continue in his former opinion which he did not wished to change.

Hence the questioneer was biased and desired to remain biased and was not interested in that which is TRUE!

Franzinni:

Mind you the bible was put together by the Catholics

And is full of mistakes

I do not see any mistake in the KJV for we have the bibles also made by evil persons replicating the Bible coupled with the lack of a True and Pure heart when people choose to read it.

Most People read it with prejudgments (Prejudice, as you have done above) and Bias, so how can they arrive at a True, Fair and Right Judgement on it.

Franzinni:

Mathew 27 3-8.

And act 1:18-19

The reconciliation is simply that Judas murdered himself.

How long did it take between his betrayal of Christ and his selfcide? We were not told

In what manner did he selfcide? We have 2 different reports.

And there are usually no witnesses when selfcide occurs, so hearsay reports is what is going to fly around, giving the fact that no one is going to go near a person who kills himself nor shall he be buried.

So speculation and hearsay will rule.

But the certainty and consistency is that he did a very very bad thing and he died for it.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Myer(m): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
hupernikao:

I think I understand the issue here.
Seems he's a new convert.

He is learning to build his new relationship with God.
However he is quick to come online to share his dealings.

What I can deduce from his dealing from this thread is simple. He is getting to see God as Father. Which is a good thing.

God is still God but also Lord and Father.
Getting to know God as Father is simply a measure of endearment.

Let's hope his newly found relationship grows in length, breath and height of Christlikeness.

Nice having you here though. Been a minute.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Regret comes from hope and expectation.

Hope and Expectation comes from Painful Suprise as opposed to Pleasant Surprise, which you see in Abraham's compliance with the instruction of sacrificing his only son)

Painful Suprise comes from the exercise of the Power and Right of God of awaiting the Surprising Result His creation will present.

Our villages have proven to you how good and easy and plentiful and potent wine is and it is simply because you now live in a city, with all the other substitutes and the hardness of life which makes you forget to appreciate the goodness of yester years when natural wine was the entertainment.

So it was an essential commoditiy for good natural living.

And it is capable of getting you drunk even in 2 hours.

You do not need up to 6 hours before you are truly drunk.

The absence of any reasonable query is always proof of the end of questioning.

However, when the questioneer is not satisfied with the answers given to which he had no reasonable query or objection, it therefore means that the questioneer is simply displeased with the answer for he thought it could not be reasonably answered or he truly desired it not to be answered so that he could continue in his former opinion which he did not wished to change.

Hence the questioneer was biased and desired to remain biased and was not interested in that which is TRUE!

I do not see any mistake in the KJV for we have the bibles also made by evil persons replicating the Bible coupled with the lack of a True and Pure heart when people choose to read it.

Most People read it with prejudgments (Prejudice, as you have done above) and Bias, so how can they arrive at a True, Fair and Right Judgement on it.

The reconciliation is simply that Judas murdered himself.

How long did it take between his betrayal of Christ and his selfcide? We were not told

In what manner did he selfcide? We have 2 different reports.

And there are usually no witnesses when selfcide occurs, so hearsay reports is what is going to fly around, giving the fact that no one is going to go near a person who kills himself nor shall he be buried.

So speculation and hearsay will rule.

But the certainty and consistency is that he did a very very bad thing and he died for it.

in other words the bible is speculating right?

Don't use cleverness and your ability to dance on the tip of a needle with words to scatter my head ... you just keep side stepping with ease.. the bible shouldn't contradict itself if it's the word of God and those who wrote it were inspired by God ...

I still have other passages with similar contradiction. And to be honest all I hear you say is... well the bible has said it all and that is final without you actually saying it.. but like I said ... I was going to learn a thing or two .. and I have ..

Now left for me to put it to practice ..and what I learnt is ... I need to study how to use words more effectively to the point where I will say something without saying anything because the internet never forgets ... that takes some mastery and I will set about getting myself up to speed. Besides It is good for business.

But I don't agree with your point even tho I understand why you see it from that perspective.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Shall the son of Satan not seek to cover his father, Satan? grin

Bwahahahahaha! Next thing na lizard go run pass your leg you go call am witch. LMFAO! Meanwhile tell your imaginary god to stop me from posting on Nairaland. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Kobojunkiee: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
I think you are deliberately trying to let me start bashing my head on the wall ... in frustration Hahaha!
In the two things Yeshua spoke about, what was the main point ... ah...ah..ahhh!!! Just wait one sec... it is ....LOVE... for the Father, and for your neighbors... but it is ...Say it with me
Love...
You get ?
Love
Or is there another thing after you distill it down ?
That is what I thought ... it is Love.
Bashing your head when all I have said are the teachings of Jesus Christ are written to you in in Gospels which you don't seem to have spent enough time in even as you continue to claim His teaching is only on the two greatest commandments of the Old Covenant Law of Moses.... Jesus Christ also told you that those two laws were were sum of the Old Law and the Prophets, not the sum of Him though. undecided

God is God of Laws and Jesus Christ , God's New Covenant Law/agreement in the Kingdom of God, God's own Truth, taught you of more than just Love.

*He taught of understanding the secrets of the Kingdom of God. - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 and Mark 4 vs 21 -24 undecided
*He taught of salvation from the condemnation of Sin, Death, which He gives to only those who will become born of water and born of spirit(not to be confused with the Spirit of God). - John 3 vs 16 - 21 & John 6 vs 25 -33 undecided
* He spoke to you about entering the Kingdom of God through the right door, this only accomplished through continual submission to and obedience of His commandments and teachings. - John 3 vs 1 - 8 , Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Matthew 7 vs 24 -29
*He spoke to you about Holiness/Perfection without which no man will see God - becoming a Son of God by knowing the Truth of God. - John 8 vs 31 - 44
* Jesus Christ spoke of doing God's Will under the lead of the Spirit of God - abide in Him and He will abide in you.- John 15 vs 1 - 11. undecided

God is Love, but He is also Just, True, Holy, Wisdom, Faithful, Merciful etc. You make a mistake when you try to reduce God and the things of God to only that which you are willing to accept. undecided

Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments are found written in the Gospels for those who are ready to know the Truth of God undecided
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Franzinni: 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Bashing your head when all I have said are the teachings of Jesus Christ are written to you in in Gospels which you don't seem to have spent enough time in even as you continue to claim His teaching is only on the two greatest commandments of the Old Covenant Law of Moses.... Jesus Christ also told you that those two laws were were sum of the Old Law and the Prophets, not the sum of Him though. undecided

God is God of Laws and Jesus Christ , God's New Covenant Law/agreement in the Kingdom of God, God's own Truth, taught you of more than just Love.

*He taught of understanding the secrets of the Kingdom of God. - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 and Mark 4 vs 21 -24 undecided
*He taught of salvation from the condemnation of Sin, Death, which He gives to only those who will become born of water and born of spirit(not to be confused with the Spirit of God). - John 3 vs 16 - 21 & John 6 vs 25 -33 undecided
* He spoke to you about entering the Kingdom of God through the right door, this only accomplished through continual submission to and obedience of His commandments and teachings. - John 3 vs 1 - 8 , Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Matthew 7 vs 24 -29
*He spoke to you about Holiness/Perfection without which no man will see God - becoming a Son of God by knowing the Truth of God. - John 8 vs 31 - 44
* Jesus Christ spoke of doing God's Will under the lead of the Spirit of God - abide in Him and He will abide in you.- John 15 vs 1 - 11. undecided

God is Love, but He is also Just, True, Holy, Wisdom, Faithful, Merciful etc. You make a mistake when you try to reduce God and the things of God to only that which you are willing to accept. undecided

Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments are found written in the Gospels for those who are ready to know the Truth of God undecided
it. All. Falls. Under. The. Umbrella. Of. Love ...

You get?

Jesus Christ! Common dude! Catch up!

Without love everything falls apart
You get .. I agree with you on the fact that it more than only love but... Love is the glue that holds them stAnding ... If you don't get it I will just have to settle. But hey I get your point and it's very valid. Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Happens To Students Who Comes Late To Church In Bowen University! / Homo Sapiens, See Your Histories / Do You Cry In Church During Worship Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.