Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! (3242 Views)

Can A PAGAN Go To Heaven? / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
hupernikao:

Yes I do. People use it too. And I pointed to you the reason it's not common around.

Example?
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by hupernikao: 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
LordReed:

Example?

But I did earlier. And you read it.

When one say

It is a sin to sleep with your friends wife.

This isn't referring to religion. This refers to a fact of life. In our culture it is a wrong thing. And people use the word sin for this regularly.m without religion bias.

Have you heard the word

This is a sin against humanity.

It's a term used well in legal field and dealing with great crime. It doesn't relate with religion but usage of the word.

Those are terms used daily.

Hope we are on the same page now?
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
hupernikao:

But I did earlier. And you read it.

When one say

It is a sin to sleep with your friends wife.

This isn't referring to religion. This refers to a fact of life. In our culture it is a wrong thing. And people use the word sin for this regularly.m without religion bias.

Have you heard the word

This is a sin against humanity.

It's a term used well in legal field and dealing with great crime. It doesn't relate with religion but usage of the word.

Those are terms used daily.

Hope we are on the same page now?

I have never hear people say its a sin to sleep with a friends wife without reference to religion. What I do hear is stuff like taboo or betrayal or backstab, etc, not sin.

The phrase I know is "crime against humanity".
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by onlyforchrist: 2:19am On Sep 12, 2021
Stop wasting your time with these kind of people, their IQ is filled only with bible passages.

Myer:

It's easy to judge bible characters until you find yourself in their shoes.
By the way, asking God for clarity on any of these issues is not foolish.

Asking God for a solution to your personal problems and problems of others is also foolish to you?

Now to your topic itself. It might be strange to you but several English words were derived from various languages, cultures and pagan gods.
All the days of the week for example were named after some form of god.
The months of the year likewise. And many more.

The line you're towing is like a rabbit hole. If you're questioning words with pagan origins You might also want to change the name of Sunday to Jesus day since Sunday was named after the worship of the Sun god.

Speaking of Jesus, you might also end up realising his original Hebrew name is Yeshua and you've been praying in a different name.

You might end up abandoning the KJV and other bible versions for reasons of translational errors. You may need to start learning Hebrew and Greek to understand the original bible.

You see why the issue of God being a pagan name doesnt strike as what you should be discussing with God but raising more important discussions.

If truly you hear from God, then discussing about whether god is of pagan origin is actually what is foolish.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by onlyforchrist: 2:23am On Sep 12, 2021
hupernikao:

So what should we call God now Sir. What's the heavenly name?

Papa Ajasco lol
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Ola17: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2021
Franzinni:
well I get your point haha ... do what you like I never asked anyone to do anything and I never will .. it is foolish to want everything to be as we always knew it to be ... My people perish for lack of something ... can you remind me ?

Pls keep doing you I am not trying to gain converts... but what I said was not wrong .. there are many words we use daily that I down right spells and incantations but ignorance has kept the people blunt and hazy, searching for a way out but holding the door shut.
Ignorance makes life simple that is why many are comfortable and are ready to kill to remain ignorant ... look at boko harm, look at Isis, and the list goes on.

Sorry to intrude.

As you have a direct access to ‘Father’, can you ask him how to achieve world peace, end suffering? Ask him why we are here, cure for diseases and while at it, ask him to reveal a profound medical or technological knowledge that will ease the affairs of humanity to you. Ask him why he didn’t deem it fit to communicate with us clearly and collectively as a people instead of the unverifiable whispers he utters in the ears of dodgy characters.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by Ola17: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah your god can't educate people enmass he has to whisper it to special you. LMFAO! SMH

My sentiments exactly!
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by jamesid29(m): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahahahaha! OMFD! For centuries the god has been called god but some how he neglected to tell all the many billions of believers not to call him god as it’s pagan in origin except you Johnny Just Come. LMFAO! When you people see that it’s all in your head? Did a voice boom out of heaven to tell you? Did the god call you on the phone. Nope you “heard” a voice in your mind.
It's fascinating that almost everyone on this thread disagrees with the OP but they all disgreed without being condescending to the OP and some were even respectful.

But for some reason you think, it's all good to use mockery and condescension to express your disagreement with OP's "religious expression". What gain is there to derive by trying to mock someone who you most likely have never interacted with before?(atleast it's understandable if it's someone you have a history with)

It is well.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
jamesid29:

It's fascinating that almost everyone on this thread disagrees with the OP but they all disgreed without being condescending to the OP and some were even respectful.

But for some reason you think, it's all good to use mockery and condescension to express your disagreement with OP's "religious expression". What gain is there to derive by trying to mock someone who you most likely have never interacted with before?(atleast it's understandable if it's someone you have a history with)

It is well.

If anyone that I know personally told me this I will laugh at them just I have done here and also point out just how implausible it all is. My laughter or mocking has nothing to do with how distant we are. If possible I'd meet Franzinni for a drink and still laugh in his face at how absurd his story is, the drinks would make it even more jolly. LoL

We use satire and parody to mock ideas all the time so what is special about mine?
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by jamesid29(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
LordReed:

If anyone that I know personally told me this I will laugh at them just I have done here and also point out just how implausible it all is. My laughter or mocking has nothing to do with how distant we are. If possible I'd meet Franzinni for a drink and still laugh in his face at how absurd his story is, the drinks would make it even more jolly. LoL

We use satire and parody to mock ideas all the time so what is special about mine?
I'm pretty sure you know the difference between using humor to poke fun at an "idea" and mocking a "person".

If mocking people you disagree with is always your go to move, then that says more about you than about them.

Anyways,it is well
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
jamesid29:

I'm pretty sure you know the difference between using humor to poke fun at an "idea" and mocking a "person".

If mocking people you disagree with is always your go to move, then that says more about you than about them.

Anyways,it is well

I mocked his story not his person. You should learn how to distinguish that.
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by jamesid29(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Re: God Is A Pagan Name... I Am Shocked! by LordReed(m): 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
Franzinni:
I done suffer o. Bros who send me message ... you are relentless gadammit!

I worship the Creator of all creations but I call Him father .... I will tell you something you won't believe too. I asked to see him and what I saw was confusing I can draw you a picture tho ... but let me say what I saw was a glowing baby like some kind of Crystal I couldn't see the face it was too bright, it was in a kind of Crystal liquid but everything was floating freely .. the baby turned to me very slowly like it was in a crib and I saw hands and legs two of each but the fingers were abit different tho All through my experience I felt a calm that I am now quite used to.

I know how ludacious it sounds but I will put it down in words as I know it ... there is way more than this and it started when I was a child ... about 7 years old ...

So you've been believing in a god since you were 7, then when did you become an atheist? And what made you start believing in a god again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Pakistani Born Church Of England Cleric Voices Support For Outlawing The Burka / 48 Striking Things Nigerian Prophet Said In 2020 New Year Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.