Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf (25323 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

You are not wise poor boy.so 250 will make him poor, useless poor good for nothing youths... having a kid like you and the op is just a waste,God forbid to have a useless son as a kid.
But he earns 75k.

You want him to be financially reckless like his parents? This African bleeped up mentality no go kill you

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Very dumb response.
What concerns retirement plan with what's here?
Op's dad made him everything he is today, according to him...

You think because he didn't ask to be given birth now makes it a responsibility that his parents must take care of him? Stupidity must have beclouded your sense of reasoning...

Responsibility is a choice!

If your parents has taken care of you, it means they're good and responsible. It's only fair that you should be grateful and help them too whenever they needed help. Not all parents are responsible so if you're lucky to have one, SHOW GRATITUDE!

His father didn't ask him to commit crime, he only asked for a simple LOAN! something he must be sure that his son can do for him.

Having a lot of people that reason like you is the society is the reason why we are where we are today...

Like I said earlier, inglorious and ungrateful bastards are not difficult to spot....
You don’t owe your parents any gratitude for giving birth to you. You have an African mentality.

It was their decision and you don’t owe them anything rather they owe you everything.
If his father considered his retirement, he might not have gotten to this situation. Don’t bring children to the world if you cannot take care of yourself and them

No be by force

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by StrongInBed: 8:18am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
But he earns 75k.

You will him to be financially reckless like his parents? This African bleeped up mentality no go kill you

So no savings,see mumu child.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:19am On Sep 13, 2021
gr8cany:

I wish you change your orientation of life.
If you had borrowed for your parents and it got you into a mess, na you no plan well.
Loans are meant to be serviced instalment ally, I'm sure you are already independent and could have be paying the loan small, while encouraging your parents to brace up in meeting up with the loan repayment.

A parent that supported your life from cradle to cronies is worth borrowing for if you can't give them outright amount especially when you are aware they are struggling to stand up financially.

Stop peddling sardonic ungratefulness to your own parents.
If you want to have kids, then it’s your responsibility to make plan for yourself and for them.

It’s not the kids fault if you have financial problems. You made that decision and you will live by it. Don’t transfer your financial burdens to your children, don’t have them if you can’t be responsible for them at any age

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

you no get sense.

It will take him more than a year to save 250k from his 75k salary with the situation of the country. So he should give all to his parents.

Like himself doesn’t have dreams and future. His parents should keep dragging him back so he can also end up dragging his own children back same way.
Africans no get sense for this kind matter.

Na him papa mess up, na him make decision to born am. The boy is not gonna take a blame for that. You want him to mortgage his future for his father’s personal decisions?

He should give what he can give and never take that loan.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by StrongInBed: 8:26am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
you no get sense.

It will take him more than a year to save 250k from his 75k salary with the situation of the country. So he should give all to his parents.

Like himself doesn’t have dreams and future. His parents should keep dragging him back so he can also end up dragging his own children back same way.
Africans no get sense for this kind matter.

Na him papa mess up, na him make decision to born am. The boy is not gonna take a blame for that. You want him to mortgage his future for his father’s personal decisions?

He should give what he can give and never take that loan.

You be mugu and mumu same time,do you know how much he spent to train him.

Your parents their name is sorry if they ever consider you with this ant mentality.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:28am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

You be mugu and mumu same time,do you know how much he spent to train him.

Your parents their name is sorry if they ever consider you with this ant mentality.
You are Mumu and idiot.

If you like don’t plan for your old age, be looking to depend on your kids. Silly African reasoning and that’s why poverty can never leave Africa.

Backward reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by StrongInBed: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
You are Mumu and idiot.

If you like don’t plan for your old age, be looking to depend on your kids. Silly African reasoning and that’s why poverty can never leave Africa.

Backward reasoning

With your stinginess to your mum and dad has your life achieved Great feat!? Thank God you are not the richest in your family.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

With your stinginess to your mum and dad has your life achieved Great feat!? Thank God you are not the richest in your family.
stfu, I’m not saying you should be stingy.

I’m not a party to your crazy African reasoning of having kids that will give you financial help in your old age. That’s barbaric.

If you can’t plan for yourself, don’t have kids. Not a must. Your kids are not responsible for your own lack of planning

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by StrongInBed: 8:45am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
stfu, I’m not saying you should be stingy.

I’m not a party to your crazy African reasoning of having kids that will give you financial help in your old age. That’s barbaric.

If you can’t plan for yourself, don’t have kids. Not a must. Your kids are not responsible for your own lack of planning

Shut up there low animal,kids like you are wasted sperm.. poverty Head.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

Shut up there low animal,kids like you are wasted sperm.. poverty Head.
Lol, because I asked you not to depend on your children for old age financial help?

You wan transfer your poor life to your children? Archaic African reasoning grin

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by StrongInBed: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
Lol, because I asked you not to depend on your children for old age financial help?

You wan transfer your poor life to your children? Archaic African reasoning grin

I ask you to give to your parents bloody stingy poor son.

Useless nigerian boy.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by hahn(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I need your sincere advice on my present situation.
Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Please your advise on this will be helpful.
Thank you.

Are you not mature enough to schedule a meeting with your dad to discuss this matter?

Why should you bring such a sensitive family issue to a public forum?

Na wa undecided
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

Useless nigerian boy.
My parents don’t depend on their kids for financial help. They don’t have your poverty transferring mentality grin

Backward village boy
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

Useless nigerian boy.
Its not my fault if your parents didn’t plan for their old age.

Don’t put your frustrations on me cheesy
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by fm7070: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

The future is female. My daughter has started showing me that female children has more sense, sympathy, romantic, love, care towards their parents more than the males. I will gladly have 4 more daughters.
Good advice sis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

Useless nigerian boy.
I don’t have kids yet because I think I have not planned my old age sir.

I’m not a typical African that gives birth like a dog, never plan for his old age and then cry foul at the end.
Logic has to prevail over emotions
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2021
fm7070:

The future is female. My daughter has started showing me that female children has more sense, sympathy, romantic, love, care towards their parents more than the males. I will gladly have 4 more daughters.
Good advice sis.
Plan your old age without having to depend on your kids. Don’t be stupid
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Marpol2021(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2021
Thanks God you are not in his shoes. tongue tongue
Righteousn:
If I was in your Shoes, I will not take the loan.

I will do my best and gather some money and give to him.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Munaswa(m): 11:41am On Sep 13, 2021
[finish no more nothing less quote author=Bonesbreaker post=105741945]Break your sim card change location so that it will be hard to connect you buy a separate number to call on ur free space ur papa na witch... Case close[/quote]
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by UncleKoboko: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
You don’t owe your parents any gratitude for giving birth to you. You have an African mentality.

It was their decision and you don’t owe them anything rather they owe you everything.
If his father considered his retirement, he might not have gotten to this situation. Don’t bring children to the world if you cannot take care of yourself and them

No be by force
Your major problem is that you lack comprehension.
Some of you have not even stepped out of this country before, yet you'll be comparing culture you know nothing about.

Where did I say you owe your parents gratitude for giving birth to you?

Again, it's only fair that you show gratitude to parents who have been good to you and have sacrificed a lot to raise you IF YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE.

RESPONSIBILITY IS A CHOICE!

Just because they gave birth to you doesn't compel them to take care of you. People give birth to children and deliver them to orphanage homes.

If you stupidly think you don't owe your parents gratitude for taking care of you, then they don't owe you any responsibility to take care of you too when they gave to you. Everything is choice.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by ghettochild(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Beedude:

You are a bastard. U wan turn your papa to driver make he dey deliver to u ?
Oh... A prophetess word now outweigh how u think about your parents ?
Dont disgrace yourself on a public forum like this just to get cheap likes please
You dey craze oooo. Omo ale..
Which one u don do for ur folks

Shebi is my daddy..
Is it ur daddy...
Oloriburuku
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Beedude(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
ghettochild:

You dey craze oooo. Omo ale..
Which one u don do for ur folks

Shebi is my daddy..
Is it ur daddy...
Oloriburuku
U wan turn ur dad to kabukabu driver at his age? Oga ur pikin go buy kabukabu for u at old age to drive.
I dont need to start listing whatever i have done for people around me online cos im not a kid. But take a break and think of proper way to handle your parents, it goes a long way with your progress in life kid.
Good day
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by iyke101: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

So in your twisted mind, he is supposed to use his savings to offset his father's loans right? What then is the point of saving?? As I earlier said to another financial illiterate, it is your kind that perpertuates poverty across generations. You want him to make the same mistake his dad made and not protect himself financially right? I don't claim to be a finance whiz... not even close, but it is only common sense that you clear off debt before acquiring another as having to service multiple debts at the same time increases the financial burden on whoever is paying, and exponentially increases the chances of default with each debt acquired, but no, you are only driven by emotions. I hope you do not get to the point where you learn the hardway that money, and numbers, aren't emotionally driven, purely logic-driven.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 7:46am On Sep 14, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Your major problem is that you lack comprehension.
Some of you have not even stepped out of this country before, yet you'll be comparing culture you know nothing about.

Where did I say you owe your parents gratitude for giving birth to you?

Again, it's only fair that you show gratitude to parents who have been good to you and have sacrificed a lot to raise you IF YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE.

RESPONSIBILITY IS A CHOICE!

Just because they gave birth to you doesn't compel them to take care of you. People give birth to children and deliver them to orphanage homes.

If you stupidly think you don't owe your parents gratitude for taking care of you, then they don't owe you any responsibility to take care of you too when they gave to you. Everything is choice.
Your try to denigrate me for not sharing your African opinion on this.

Don’t fucking depend on your kids bro. It’s not their responsibility to feed you in your old age
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by UncleKoboko: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2021
Workch:
Your try to denigrate me for not sharing your African opinion on this.

Don’t fucking depend on your kids bro. It’s not their responsibility to feed you in your old age
Your opinion and belief are fúckíng mystery that I give no shît about.
My children are my investments. That's why I work very well to take good care of them and raise them well.
When I grow old, they'll take care of me too.
I'll depend on them just as they'll depend on me too now.
That's all.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Your opinion and belief are fúckíng mystery that I give no shît about.
My children are my investments. That's why I work very well to take good care of them and raise them well.
When I grow old, they'll take care of me too.
I'll depend on them just as they'll depend on me too now.
That's all.
Your children are your investment?

Stone Age reasoning
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by UncleKoboko: 11:46am On Sep 14, 2021
Workch:
Your children are your investment?

Stone Age reasoning
Stone age kill u der
So you think you have the modern sense and reasoning? Lol!
Dude you're delusional.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by ghettochild(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
Beedude:

U wan turn ur dad to kabukabu driver at his age? Oga ur pikin go buy kabukabu for u at old age to drive.
I dont need to start listing whatever i have done for people around me online cos im not a kid. But take a break and think of proper way to handle your parents, it goes a long way with your progress in life kid.
Good day
U can buy ur pop a private plane for all I care...dont come up on my comment n be telling me how to treat my father ok...
Mr World
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Stone age kill u der
Dude you're delusional.

That one thinks he's woke so don't mind him.
Good parents deserve the world and everything in it.

But ops dad doesn't have a healthy relationship with money from the sound of things. From being scammed, to businesses falling through, he just doesn't seem to be good with money. With such a parent I wouldn't involve myself in their finances as far as taking loans for them. If I can't give him the money then I wouldn't put my neck on the line like that knowing that he could just as easily squander this loan.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 7:03am On Sep 15, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Stone age kill u der
Dude you're delusional.
Yes, you wan born children that you will mount unnecessary pressure on. You are a bad parent

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.