Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf (25287 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by gr8cany: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I need your sincere advice on my present situation.
Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Please your advise on this will be helpful.
Thank you.
Youngman support your good dad without further hesitation. What is 500k loan, even when he offered to pay back. If he default, you help him and service it. That 500k may be a turn around in his business.

It is not too big to sacrifice for someone that supported you in toils throughout your education. I'm angry with you for bringing this to public forum. I don't know why people are wicked until they don't even realize when the wickedness is also eating deep their own veins.

Support your dad, if he fails (God forbid) your 75k monthly is enough to part a bit and service it monthly for him.
**Don't be a very selfish ingrate of a son*

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by pegix(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
E fi le
E je ko gba loan
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Richy4(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
oldtruth:

Very good my dear.

Honestly, this present generations don't deserve any good treatment. A dad who sacrifice everything for him and the best thing to do is to doubt him. What a world

I taya my brother... It's just heartbreaking
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by easzypeaszy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
very SIMPLE u hv said it all..he raised u well n its payback time oo..if na u r married n ur wife ask fr such u must find away to do it..dont mind dose sayin ur fathr is dis or dat.
Take 200K LOAN n say dat all ur salary can get n u move on..just kw its dash...no go collect frm Renmoney or any mumu loan app oo...tk frm eithr bank, ur office or contributions..be lik say na Union bank u dey wrk wt dis ur 75k job so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Charmingrascal(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
I don't think you should do that.

Tell him you can only collect 300k that will be easier for you to pay back
Your Dad seem like a responsible man
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AdaAwka1: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Abeg collect and pay on his behalf if possible. This may just be a window for a divine breakthrough for you with his blessing.
God forbid if he dies now, you may now need borrow to lay him to rest in a befitting burial.

Very true, even if na half collect and give him afterall, men full outside wey no send weather their children go school or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Melonny(m): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Thank you.
Don't.. The Bible spoke against this..
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by lagdmark(m): 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Maybe na generational things dem, your grandpapa might have done the same to your dad.
Break away from it, don't pass gbese to your children.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I f 500k on his behalf.

Thank you.

Look here little boy. What if your dad felt I'll and needed the same money, won't you go all out?

No problem. You've showned yourself how ingrate you are. Keep going that way and donibe surprise a stone (another person you don't even think of) will one day help him back on his feet.

To those fools asking him how comes he is in debt. Can't you ask his son who he manages to train him and his siblings?

Boy, you are not a worthy son!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Beedude(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Richy4:
You can do it only if U Will be the one to repay the loan... Your dad is a good man.. it's not all dads that can pay a bribe to make sure their kids secure a job...

I'm guessing part of what he has to repay was those scams.. He took a risk.. assuming it was successful, U wouldn't be here dismissing and blaming him for taking the gamble...

Just tell him that you do not have the capacity to do that... But if U can, Just do it.... But if it's me, I will do it as a form of repayment for all the sacrifice...

Oyibo dey repay the loans wey them borrow as students loan, Botswana dey do am, South Africa the same.. it's only Few countries like Nigeria who can single handedly pay for their kids fees.. Nigerian parents are simply the best... Someone was even suggesting that you break your SIM.. what a world...
Thats the kind of children we have around now. Expecting everything from their parents with nothing to give back.
A yahoo boy with duplex and exotic cars and the parent will be suffering.
He should just take a loan of 100k and see it as a sacrifice if the pman no pay back.

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AdaAwka1: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Richy4:
You can do it only if U Will be the one to repay the loan... Your dad is a good man.. it's not all dads that can pay a bribe to make sure their kids secure a job...

I'm guessing part of what he has to repay was those scams.. He took a risk.. assuming it was successful, U wouldn't be here dismissing and blaming him for taking the gamble...

Just tell him that you do not have the capacity to do that... But if U can, Just do it.... But if it's me, I will do it as a form of repayment for all the sacrifice...

Oyibo dey repay the loans wey them borrow as students loan, Botswana dey do am, South Africa the same.. it's only Few countries like Nigeria who can single handedly pay for their kids fees.. Nigerian parents are simply the best... Someone was even suggesting that you break your SIM.. what a world...

Wat a world ooo. Imagine advice that he should break his sim. Papa we take money wey im for use drink shekpe and carry woman see u thru sch. Still bribe ontop for u, he is still asking questions. Mine is he should get half of the money as loan for him simple.

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

If you collect that loan on his behalf, just k ow u are paying for it yourself and he will waste the money. If you can live with that then u can go ahead. If not, ignore his call and do thanksgiving in church.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by belovez(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Tiggo:
He's your father . You must do whatever he says

Are you normal? In the voice of Macaroni grin

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Akemmi(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

This is the kind of responsible advice I hope to be reading from this platform. Op you don't necessarily necessarily have to borrow up to 500k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by iyke101: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
kestolove95:
Even if ur dad say u should collect Nigeria as a loan for him... U HV no option than to do it

It is your kind that perpetuates poverty across generations!! OP, ignore all this sh*t and think about your own financial obligations, both to yourself, and your family. If you can shoulder the repayment burden without much negative impact to self and own plans, then go ahead, otherwise, TAKE NO LOAN!!

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by guru90: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
This ur dad na little criminal.... He still have depending loan which he never complete yet.
Immediately my dad died in 2013, people that my late dad own... I paid everything to them.... Omo, I suffered that time in the name of paying.....
Brother, never u try that to borrow loan from bank because of your dad...

Because u will suffer alone paying it till it FINISHED.

Finally, if u have little money in your account. Kindly support your dad with the little u have rather than borrowing money from bank because of your dad.

It is total wrong. I condemn that......

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by brainhgeek(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

OP, this advice is directly from heaven. Oven baked, if you reject it, don't come back here to cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by tempex88(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

Take the amount of loan your current salary can carry.....no come here dey ask ...people here no too Sabi. Honor your your parents, make them happy.

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Arewalegend: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:

That's all.
Na human being born u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Romanoff(f): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Whatever you do, give birth to children that you can only take care of and still live a comfortable life without expecting the children to be your retirement plan.

It is really important.

6 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by silvoclaira: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
undecided
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh....Those previous loans he took,had it been he was productive with them, it'd have been easy for someone to advise you to help him...But since he didn't make good use of them but hellbent on compelling you for another loan,op,run for your dear life.... You're too young to start something that you can't finish.

What a shame. Is it not advisable someone like you been thrown away from birth?

Any child who ridiculed his/her Nigerian parent is not a child and should counted with the dogs.

Don't you know that will be a salary loan for him and the bank will be deducting small from his salary?

He earns #75k. We know of good children who earns that peanut and still divides it with their parents and siblings just to pay minute of what the parent did for them.

Honestly, Nigerian parent should be aborting some children. Not all of them deserves their sweat
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Richy4(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
Beedude:

Thats the kind of children we have around now. Expecting everything from their parents with nothing to give back.
A yahoo boy with duplex and exotic cars and the parent will be suffering.
He should just take a loan of 100k and see it as a sacrifice if the pman no pay back.

I think they are getting more selfish by the day grin
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by emmykk(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Break your sim card change location so that it will be hard to connect you buy a separate number to call on ur free space ur papa na witch... Case close

This advice is very cogent or find like 150-200K to dash him or borrow such amount and dash him .it is better than the 500K

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by guru90: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
silvoclaira:
Get the loan on behalf of your father. He will use part to clear the outstanding of other two debt (loans). He maybe puting you to a test.

Testing fire....... Omo no be testing at all...I know fathers very well.....
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Sonnobax15(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
oldtruth:

What a shame. Is it not advisable someone like you been thrown away from birth?

Any child who ridiculed his/her Nigerian parent is not a child and should counted with the dogs.

Don't you know that will be a salary loan for him and the bank will be deducting small from his salary?

He earns #75k. We know of good children who earns that peanut and still divides it with their parents and siblings just to pay minute of what the parent did for them.

Honestly, Nigerian parent should be aborting some children. Not all of them deserves their sweat
I understand your frustration bro... keep it up bro lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by kingb1993(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Is your dad related to my dad??
Are they siblings??
Is he my uncle I don't know??
OP are we cousins??
NO TRY AM AT ALL IF YOU LOVE YOURSELF. HOW CAN YOU START OUT YOUR LIFE PAYING OFF SOMEBODY ELSE'S LOAN??
THIS WAS THE EXACT SHIT MY DAD REQUESTED FROM ME. I CHANGE AM FOR AM SHAP SHAP.
DO NOT LET HIM GUILT TRIP YOU ABOUT THE 300K HE WAS DUPED OF AND SEEING YOU THROUGH SCHOOL. IT IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO SEE YOU THROUGH SCHOOL AND SET YOUR FOOT STRONGLY IN LIFE AS YOU START OUT.
MY OWN DAD DIDN'T EVEN SEE ME THROUGH SCHOOL. AFTER SECONDARY SCHOOL HE FELT HE'D DONE ENOUGH AND STOPPED TALKING ABOUT HIGHER INSTITUTION FOR ME.
I WORKED AND SCHOOLED SIMULTANEOUSLY AND AFTER EVERYTHING HE REQUESTED I STAND AS GUARANTOR FOR HIM TO TAKE A LOAN WHEREAS HE HAD "SERIES OF LOANS " FROM OTHER BANKS.
I INTENTIONALLY TYPED ALL OF THESE IN BLOCK LETTERS FOR YOU TO READ WELL AND NOT SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED. HOW OLD ARE YOU??

4 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by chukwuibuipob: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
sad U call 75k salary working class but still SQUAT with Ur friend sad? Young man,that 75k is still a struggling class salary but better than stay @home.As for Ur papa sad,DNT collect any LOAN on his behalf to avoid being drag.Give him like 250k if u have a savings/ask Ur colleagues to help u with loan rather than outsiders Loan.God will help u

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by xxgig(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
AmuEbule:

Well, the truth is that your dad is financially reckless especially in the way he is handling his loans. So, you will be making a huge a huge mistake if you get him that loan in your name. As a father, I’m sitting here wondering what in the world will make me to tell a financially struggling son to get a loan for me because the 75k you’re making is not enough in Nigeria right now.
That’s not right but Good luck sha!
Just wondering self, can is 75k a month pay earn 500k loan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.