Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf (25293 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
Tiggo:
He's your father . You must do whatever he says
nonsense
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
gr8cany:

Youngman support your good dad without further hesitation. What is 500k loan, even when he offered to pay back. If he default, you help him and service it. That 500k may be a turn around in his business.

It is not too big to sacrifice for someone that supported you in toils throughout your education. I'm angry with you for bringing this to public forum. I don't know why people are wicked until they don't even realize when the wickedness is also eating deep their own veins.

Support your dad, if he fails (God forbid) your 75k monthly is enough to part a bit and service it monthly for him.
**Don't be a very selfish ingrate of a son*
You are not a wise person I swear.

If you know the kind of huge debt something like this led me into, you won’t be saying this.

Op should not take that loan. It’s not op’s responsibility to carter for his parents financial needs, it’s the other way.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
alsheex:

I don't know about anyone but as for me I would take a dept of the whole world for my dad if possible.... And even that could never repay back his sacrifices he made for me.
You are not wise.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
ERockson:
How much are you paying your father monthly to assist him despite his numerous debt. You are not a good son to have brought him to public forum when you have not tested him with your personal money. Give him what you can pay back even when he disaappoint you,he still deserves a second chance and third chance
Hes not suppose to be paying his father monthly.

Your child is not your retirement plan. Deal with that, remove such crazy African mentality

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Elidrisy20:
There's no problem in collecting loan on his behalf, in islam you and what ever owned belongs to your dad, think of the sacrifice he made for you, which you can never pay him
Did he ask his father to give birth to him?
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
oldtruth:

That's how vagabonds talk. A disgraceful child. You wired #15k to your parent. What a stupid liar. A fake kid instigating another kid to run away from his parent. Keep it up
You are a senseless person.

Children are not the retirement plans of parents. You better make sure you work out your retirement so you don’t depend on your children. E go shock you

A child owes you no financial obligation. He didn’t ask to be born, you couldn’t keep your cock or pussy tight hence you went ahead to give birth to him/her.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by ERockson: 10:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Workch:

If you know the kind of huge debt something like this led me into, you won’t be saying this.

Op should not take that loan. It’s not op’s responsibility to carter for his parents financial needs, it’s the other way.
cool Sorry for who birthed you

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
brosom:
look at how everyone is encouraging him not to do it, some even encouraged him to change his son card.. some people are naturally wicked, how can u even think of abandoning ur father when he most need u, like he said he's dad sponsored him through and even got scammed in the process for his own blood to be somebody, now e don reach ur turn, u come dey crack brain, na God go purnish u.

Nonsense..
and so?
He should mortgage his future for his dad?
Did he give birth to his dad or his dad gave birth to him?

Who made the decision to give birth to who?
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by jaxxy(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I need your sincere advice on my present situation.
Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Please your advise on this will be helpful.
Thank you.

Be rest assured he’s going to default do better take a loan u know u can pay back on his behalf and if/when he defaults u won’t be left stranded cos u planned for it.

Also b4 u borrow him know how he has managed his business and what his challenges are so the bank or any expert can give him financial or business advice. This is mandatory for him to collect the business loan. Let him know this.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
ERockson:
cool Sorry for who birthed you
You are silly?

I entered a debt of 1million because of your silly mentality. I collected a loan for my dad that mortgaged a part of my life I even got arrested at Alausa police station.

You better be wise. You don’t owe your parents any financial obligation, you can only help. Don’t continue the poverty chain. I pity you

You didn’t ask them to give birth to you. You have your own life else you may end up broke in your old age as well and the poverty transferred to your kids

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
StrongInBed:
See comments, Nigerians are evil only few are good. Your blood father? Anyway you can also treat your mum the same... useless drug addicts generation without sense.
So he should mortgage his future for them and then he will become broke in his old age and start bothering his children as well and the poverty continues.

You are not wise
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by UncleKoboko: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Break your sim card change location so that it will be hard to connect you buy a separate number to call on ur free space ur papa na witch... Case close
An inglorious and ungrateful bastard is not difficult to spot....

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
EzePaschal:

All these people saying don't get the loan and that your father will ruin you are from homes where the fathers never cared. They lacked fatherly love. My father got into debt when I had nothing but I used all my saves and sold many of my things including the only laptop I used to work in other to pay the debt. When our culture demanded he took a certain title due to his age in his clan I borrowed money to finance that occasion so he could talk before his mates. Today i am proud that I did all that. I know he will do same for me anytime and any day. Don't let your father go to bed sad and in pain because you refused to help him when he needed your help for something you can do. He is having issue in his business but he was never an irresponsible father. He borrowed money because he wanted you go get a good job. Few fathers in Nigeria would send you to school and cough out 300k to find you a job. Forget about the mistake and focus on his intention. If you run into trouble today non of us here would bother to help you but he would sell everything he has to save you. Family is family. Family is priority. Help him with the loan. It's a sacrifice. Even if he doesn't pay 500k won't kill you or send you to jail. You should also make saves of 20k every month so when the loan is due to pay you can help him by giving him something. See! things are very hard now and it's hard for your dad too. Most people asking you what your dad is doing with all loans are stupid, and ignorant of paying bills. They don't know what many small business owners are going through in this country. Don't listen to fool's counsels. I value because they never left me when everyone did
Rubbish....
You will soon learn the hard way
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by UncleKoboko: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
Your father wants to ruin your life, ignore him. What has he done with all the money collected?! Na by force?
An inglorious and ungrateful bastard child is not difficult to spot...

I pity some parents...

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
UncleKoboko:

An inglorious and ungrateful bastard child is not difficult to spot...

I pity some parents...
Its not your responsibility to oblige your parents financially. Don’t allow emotions becloud reasoning.
You parents made the decision to give Birth to you and not the other way. You are not their retirement plan.

This doesn’t mean that you can’t help but it’s not by obligation and no one should blame a child for that, the parent takes all the financial blame because they made all the decisions.

Don’t ever make your kids your retirement plan, plan your retirement dude.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by shegun4sur: 11:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Thank you.

Are you a bastard?
Na bastards full this thread pass.
You mean someone saw you from cradle to adulthood and you're still not willing to give one year of your life for him??
He even promised to repay meaning he will make efforts but you have to zero your mind that he's going to default so take the much you can offset in case he defaults. At least half the amount and try to explain and work things out with him. It is good to have someone to depend upon
BUT YOU MUST HELP HIM, IT IS BY FORCE, HE IS ENTITLED TO IT, DON'T BE A BASTARD,
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
shegun4sur:

Are you a bastard?
Na bastards full this thread pass.
You mean someone saw you from cradle to adulthood and you're still not willing to give one year of your life for him??
He even promised to repay meaning he will make efforts but you have to zero your mind that he's going to default so take the much you can offset in case he defaults. At least half the amount and try to explain and work things out with him. It is good to have someone to depend upon
BUT YOU MUST HELP HIM, IT IS BY FORCE, HE IS ENTITLED TO IT, DON'T BE A BASTARD,
did he ask to be born?
He who made the decision to give birth should be able to take financial responsibilities.

Your children don’t owe you any financial obligation unless they want to help

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by tete7000(m): 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
Se mi bo se da.
He wan turn you to a debtor like himself.

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Revelation4(m): 12:00am On Sep 13, 2021
He can't pay back that loan. But you can collect it if you have the capacity to pay back. If you don't have, gather money and borrow from friends and give him. It is better than entering into debt that chokes o
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Dongallant: 12:13am On Sep 13, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

My candid advice is: Pls, don't take the 500k loan. Since this is not a matter of life and death,there are two things you can do going forward:
- Save up gradually out of your meagre income for a period of time to enable you raise a substantial amount to support him, or
- Take a little loan you can conviniently repay and hand it to him to sort himself.
But,never take the 500k loan so that you don't end up repaying capital plus interest of close to 1M, for this will really get you messed up financially.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by franksam209: 12:38am On Sep 13, 2021
Your father is a wicked man oo, how can you gamble with ur son's future for Christ sake
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Mercychen:

I'm not surprised. It's evident in the way you reason and talk that you are a product of single parenting. So you don't know the value of the other parent. We know how your type are raised. In bitterness and hate.

With how you're trying so hard to make sense, sense is still far from you. Ill suggest you keep quiet! and stop disgracing your family in public.

I'm done with you.

Your gibberish doesn't change the fact that you're a daft, mannerless, gutter girl, raised by parasitic parents.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by xtervaganza(m): 5:30am On Sep 13, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
your father, after paying for you tnrough higher institution still went out of his way to pay someone 300k just to get you a good job.

See eh, forget all these internet comments and read this, your father loves you and he's probably the best father in the world. He may not be perfect, but he's a good man. If you can help him get the loan you should. I'm sure he would pay some and you should also help him too. I know God will help you and elevate you as you do.

Your papa na real man
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by xtervaganza(m): 5:31am On Sep 13, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by gr8cany: 6:22am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:

I wish you change your orientation of life.
If you had borrowed for your parents and it got you into a mess, na you no plan well.
Loans are meant to be serviced instalment ally, I'm sure you are already independent and could have be paying the loan small, while encouraging your parents to brace up in meeting up with the loan repayment.

A parent that supported your life from cradle to cronies is worth borrowing for if you can't give them outright amount especially when you are aware they are struggling to stand up financially.

Stop peddling sardonic ungratefulness to your own parents.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nelchuksmandela(m): 6:49am On Sep 13, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

Thank you so much @ Mercychen
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 13, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:

Thank you so much @ Mercychen

You're welcome.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 13, 2021
xtervaganza:
God bless you

Amen. Dear.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by UncleKoboko: 7:45am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
Its not your responsibility to oblige your parents financially. Don’t allow emotions becloud reasoning.
You parents made the decision to give Birth to you and not the other way. You are not their retirement plan.

This doesn’t mean that you can’t help but it’s not by obligation and no one should blame a child for that, the parent takes all the financial blame because they made all the decisions.

Don’t ever make your kids your retirement plan, plan your retirement dude.
Very dumb response.
What concerns retirement plan with what's here?
Op's dad made him everything he is today, according to him...

You think because he didn't ask to be given birth now makes it a responsibility that his parents must take care of him? Stupidity must have beclouded your sense of reasoning...

Responsibility is a choice!

If your parents has taken care of you, it means they're good and responsible. It's only fair that you should be grateful and help them too whenever they needed help. Not all parents are responsible so if you're lucky to have one, SHOW GRATITUDE!

His father didn't ask him to commit crime, he only asked for a simple LOAN! something he must be sure that his son can do for him.

Having a lot of people that reason like you is the society is the reason why we are where we are today...

Like I said earlier, inglorious and ungrateful bastards are not difficult to spot....

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Tizu(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2021
You are stupid. I bet you never have parents.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by StrongInBed: 8:07am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
So he should mortgage his future for them and then he will become broke in his old age and start bothering his children as well and the poverty continues.

You are not wise

You are not wise poor boy.so 250 will make him poor, useless poor good for nothing youths... having a kid like you and the op is just a waste,God forbid to have a useless son as a kid.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 13, 2021
Workch:
You are a senseless person.

Children are not the retirement plans of parents. You better make sure you work out your retirement so you don’t depend on your children. E go shock you

A child owes you no financial obligation. He didn’t ask to be born, you couldn’t keep your cock or pussy tight hence you went ahead to give birth to him/her.

Another one spotted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.