Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf (25286 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Richy4:

The father and mother did not ask for kids to come..They were simply having fun when they came ... They saw them as a gift... Since they are here they have no choice but to take care of them....
I admire the Whites, It only most of them that understands the selfishness of some of the kids... They love them but don't train them in universities... They ask them to be responsible by sending them to go and borrow money at the bank and pay back on their own when they graduate...

If Nigerian parents should be doing that, u will realise the sacrifice they have been making...
U think @ 18, when the law sees u as an adult, a parent still owe u the so called right to education u were claiming? Dear, Your right simply stopped when U graduated from secondary school... Training u in the university is just a special privilege not a right..

Bless you for this.

Just ignore that guy. He just wants to talk.

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AlphikkaTech: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

You're wise wink
I love this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by princewarri1985: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
OP your father will soon ask you to take a loan with your life for him someday! Tell him you cant and be firm about it!
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by TenQ: 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I need your sincere advice on my present situation.
Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Please your advise on this will be helpful.
Thank you.
Since he is your Father, take the loan you can afford to pay off based on your salary in 12 t0 18 months and give it to him.
He may not pay you back o.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Celmax(f): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Compare risk and reward.
That is, can you live with the consequences of him not paying back the loan?
Whatever your answer to this question is, should guide your decision.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Tregmas: 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Thank you.
I will suggest you have a talk with him to really know what those loans are for,if you don't have money let know but if you can get loan of 200k and conveniently pay back please do. It's part of your own sacrifice to him while he leaves. Turning him down look somehow.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Allbutty: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
It will end in premium tears.

I learnt the hard way.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by computersoft: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
Your father is troubled. And to me,is like u are not close to him in order to know what his worries are. So l advice u,get closer to him,talk with him one and one about the previous loan and how he spent it,is he training ur siblings in higher education, is he extravagant and what he want to do with d new one including other things. Because if u feel less concerned over these his worries which includes u succeeding, u may likely loss that man earlier.Remember, burial money no b here now oo.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

Father doesn't have a good track record with money and if you involve yourself you will regret it. The debt will be yours and people will be telling you to forgive your father blah blah.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by mrkings84(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

I don't think there's a big deal there, if your dad have a landing property let him give the documents so u keep incase of.....
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Were you raised by a father at all?

What's the difference between taking the loan and saving up 200k? Isn't it the same thing to use that savings to be paying back the loan? Or what exactly are you merry-go-rounding about for?

what if he needs the money urgently? he has to wait till op saves it for how long and if something bad happens to him, you go come collect the money na??

Just close that your mouth there if you don't know what to say.

You were raised by a goat.

That said, no good parent would demand such from their child who earns such meagre income. But I don't expect you to understand this cos you're a silly girl raised by parasitic parents.

Then again, yes there's a whole lot of difference between saving money and being in debt. But like I said earlier, you're too daft to understand this.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by cayorday89(m): 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
He single handedly sponsored your education, who was supposed to have done it before, it is his responsibility, and for you to pay him back, taking a loan on his behalf especially with records of him defaulting is not one of your many responsibilities to him... But na you know your coping level, the final decision lies with you...

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by sorepco(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
R u serious? Even if he wont pay back? R u joking?

donbachi:
Help him,even if he wont pay it back.

La familiar!
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by newdawnlive: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Na that yeye fowl go kill you..
Since you lack decorum..
Sending your kids to school is not an achievement..
They never asked you to bring them into this shithole..
And the fact that you trained them does not give you the entitled mentality,to make their lives a living hell..
The young man earns 75k and you want him to take a loan of 500K out of it?
Na your type dey kill their brother,because he refuses to pay for your frivolities..
Dog, I don't say is an achievement but if someone trained u in school and the person is in dying need of your assistance but u turn him down that's ingrates oga, by the side the papa will being remitting the monthly stipend so how does that translates to bring him down, please stop being wicked and get sense.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by TonyBankz(m): 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
donbachi:

La familiar!
iaoc ?
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by SirBunky85(m): 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
so you want our opinion on your family issue? Kids just full this nairaland
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Genea(f): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
one rule of life, never ever collect a loan on behalf of anyone. Nigerians haven’t learnt debt responsibilities, they never pay back loans. You will end up paying that loan yourself as your father is a financial illiterate
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by jeph19(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Richy4:

I will give the best to my kids buddy trust me on that but I will never raise selfish kids because most apples does not fall far from the tree. cool..
Nor be lie!
No qualms shaa
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by SirBunky85(m): 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=aanuoluwami14 post=105742343]Your father wants to ruin your life, ignore him. What has he done with all the money collected?! Na by force?[/quote ]that's the type of silly advise most of give. Have u asked yourself how the dad got the 300k he used to source for job for this attention seeking op?when the dad single handedly trained him in school,he didn't ruin the op's life.when the dad paid 300k for the op to get a nice job, he wasn't trying to ruin him but now,that the dad needs help,he's now trying to ruin the son's life abi?most of you should always shut up if you have no reasonable advice to give.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by ImaIma1(f): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

Don't do it except you have the capacity to repay it on yourown. Because, he will definitely default. It's not being pessimistic, it's just impossible to service 3 loans without defaulting.

And once he defaults, be ready for emotional blackmail and "daddy bullying". Everyone will say that he is your father, he paid your school fees, etc. You will be left to sort yourself out.

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by freenature: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

As much as it's a good effort to sacrifice for you to get educated, I believe that you shouldn't be compelled or coarsed to getting a 500k loan. It's financially suicidal when e can barely stand as of now
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by freenature: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

As much as it's a good effort to sacrifice for you to get educated, I believe that you shouldn't be compelled or coarsed to getting a 500k loan. It's financially suicidal when e can barely stand as of now. Please apply wisdom.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Josephali(m): 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
You are an ungrateful Child, a man who singlehandedly sponsored your education from kindergarthen to tertiary institution, paid 300k just to enable you get a job, sacrificed alot for you. Now he needs just 500K from you and you here ranting like a teneger who misplaced his boxers, if my father had done quater of all your Dad did for you, I don't think I will be in Nigeria by now. Please do the needful before it too late.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
toren:

You were raised by a goat.

That said, no good parent would demand such from their child who earns such meagre income. But I don't expect you to understand this cos you're a silly girl raised by parasitic parents.

Then again, yes there's a whole lot of difference between saving money and being in debt. But like I said earlier, you're too daft to understand this.

I'm not surprised. It's evident in the way you reason and talk that you are a product of single parenting. So you don't know the value of the other parent. We know how your type are raised. In bitterness and hate.

With how you're trying so hard to make sense, sense is still far from you. Ill suggest you keep quiet! and stop disgracing your family in public.

I'm done with you.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by EzePaschal(m): 9:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

All these people saying don't get the loan and that your father will ruin you are from homes where the fathers never cared. They lacked fatherly love. My father got into debt when I had nothing but I used all my saves and sold many of my things including the only laptop I used to work in other to pay the debt. When our culture demanded he took a certain title due to his age in his clan I borrowed money to finance that occasion so he could talk before his mates. Today i am proud that I did all that. I know he will do same for me anytime and any day. Don't let your father go to bed sad and in pain because you refused to help him when he needed your help for something you can do. He is having issue in his business but he was never an irresponsible father. He borrowed money because he wanted you go get a good job. Few fathers in Nigeria would send you to school and cough out 300k to find you a job. Forget about the mistake and focus on his intention. If you run into trouble today non of us here would bother to help you but he would sell everything he has to save you. Family is family. Family is priority. Help him with the loan. It's a sacrifice. Even if he doesn't pay 500k won't kill you or send you to jail. You should also make saves of 20k every month so when the loan is due to pay you can help him by giving him something. See! things are very hard now and it's hard for your dad too. Most people asking you what your dad is doing with all loans are stupid, and ignorant of paying bills. They don't know what many small business owners are going through in this country. Don't listen to fool's counsels. I value because they never left me when everyone did
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by McAausim: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bro run for your entire life..... Your papa no wish u well for this life.... shocked

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by HiideaConsole(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
donbachi:

La familiar!

La familia
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by whirlout: 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
See useless son and ungrateful one at that. Did you not just say he got scammed 300K all in the name of trying to get you a job? And before that you said he single handedly got you thru institutions without hesitation. Father's job I know but it still sounds like a model Dad who would do anything at all cost to see a better life for his children.

By the way, you not getting the NUPENG job has nothing to do with what some imposter pastor told you. You didn't get it cos there was no job to begin with and your Dad made a poor judgment. Imagine if he had his 300K that he lost, would he still be asking you for money? Sure cosigning on a loan is not the smartest idea but what alternative have you offered him? You already said you are managing yourself which implies you can't do anything for him atm. As for 300k he lost, you already absolve yourself essentially saying that's his problem 'cos some Pastor said you shouldn't do it. A greatful child will offer him something, even if it is just 150K, tell him this is the best you can do for him in lieu of cosigning and if he turns it down at least you 've done your bit but sounds like the ingrate in you is not even trying to help him out at all.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.
Op didn’t ask to be born, his father made that decision. Op is not responsible for his fathers financial status, his father is completely responsible

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Workch: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
kestolove95:
Even if ur dad say u should collect Nigeria as a loan for him... U HV no option than to do it
nonsense
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by mdsne(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Your papa never clear all the igbese wey dey him neck and he wan make you collect another igbese on his behalf? Abeg,

Is your papa an Igbeserian!

Baba, make you use ur tongue count ur teeth.
you get bad mouth �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.