Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf (25288 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Okortor: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
Loans are meant to be for business purpose not for personal use, else you incure unnecessary debt then peace becomes far From you.

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ops, don't take loans for defaulters, even if it is your father. You have a life of your own, if he dies today, the loan will be on your head.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by fomaho: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Jakpa my brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AmuEbule: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I need your sincere advice on my present situation.
Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Please your advise on this will be helpful.
Thank you.
Well, the truth is that your dad is financially reckless especially in the way he is handling his loans. So, you will be making a huge mistake if you get him that loan in your name. As a father, I’m sitting here wondering what in the world will make me to tell a financially struggling son to get a loan for me because the 75k you’re making is not enough in Nigeria right now.
That’s not right but Good luck sha!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Richy4(m): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
You can do it only if U Will be the one to repay the loan... Your dad is a good man.. it's not all dads that can pay a bribe to make sure their kids secure a job...

I'm guessing part of what he has to repay was those scams.. He took a risk.. assuming it was successful, U wouldn't be here dismissing and blaming him for taking the gamble...

Just tell him that you do not have the capacity to do that... But if U can, Just do it.... But if it's me, I will do it as a form of repayment for all the sacrifice...

Oyibo dey repay the loans wey them borrow as students loan, Botswana dey do am, South Africa the same.. it's only Few countries like Nigeria who can single handedly pay for their kids fees.. Nigerian parents are simply the best... Someone was even suggesting that you break your SIM.. what a world...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Don't even try it! You haven't taken loan on your own behalf na another person you wan come take am for. If na life and death matter now we fit understand.
You're barely surviving, I'm certain you'll be the one to pay back because he'll most likely default since he's got a lot of debt on his plate.
Don't take it o if not your eyes go red.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Yukov(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

This is the best advice for you to follow op
He probably got into debt because of you.
He is your father and I believe if the table were to turn, he won't hesitate to do the same for you

10 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by merits(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

Good one from you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by ThatPetiteChic: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:

That's all.

Read again...he is currently paying 2 loans from 2 different banks and it's not the money he used to pay for the slot.

Your advice is not bad @ the bolded

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Klass99(f): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by OgThanos: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hmm.
This is a big matter
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by FreeStuffsNG: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
Abeg collect and pay on his behalf if possible. This may just be a window for a divine breakthrough for you with his blessing.
God forbid if he dies now, you may now need borrow to lay him to rest in a befitting burial.

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Mcslize: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
kestolove95:
Even if ur dad say u should collect Nigeria as a loan for him... U HV no option than to do it

No be lie. But this kind thing get as it be sha. Na wisdom op go take handle this kind matter cuz it choke!

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
duro4chang:
Sorry, what has he been doing with all the loans he has been taking?

Smoking shisha. I don't blame you. The idiot ridiculed his father.

4 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by staga: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Thank you.

You are now an independent person. Tell him a capital no.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Crossroad1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
Samfloxin:
Tell him you can only collect half of that money. If he agrees,do that. Remember,you don't know what he really passed through to see you through school. Make the sacrifice for him, it is worth it.
boss, it is every parent's obligation to see their kids through school and give them a good life so they too can reciprocate it on their children later in life..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Jesuslvzme(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
Op plz yield don't send him to early grave.. More so be wise

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by killerdragon(m): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:

That's all.
You don't have sense

All these women and their stupid way of thinking eh

Bros if them arrest you for debt you will know weh grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by deathmen12: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
A men who paid 300k for his son to get a good job and get scam on the process want to ruin his son’s life aunty? if you don’t have any reasonable advise to give just read and don’t comment.
aanuoluwami14:
Your father wants to ruin your life, ignore him. What has he done with all the money collected?! Na by force?

12 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AdaAwka1: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

He is your father and saw your through school like you said, so he is a responsible father. I believe your father has debts, cos he still has mouths like your younger ones to feed or train in school, my advice, take a loan but a lesser amount and believe you will be the one to pay it. If u can do 250k, then you have tried am just feeling for him. For ur father to have paid someone to try and get u a job then he loves you and wants wats best for u. Now its ur turn to do wats best for him. Forget about being smart. Find a way to help out even if it's not the whole money.

10 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Beedude(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:

That's all.
I think this is the best thing to do. Its a very dicey situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Richy4:
You can do it only if U Will be the one to repay the loan... Your dad is a good man.. it's not all dads that can pay a bribe to make sure their kids secure a job...

I'm guessing part of what he has to repay was those scams.. He took a risk.. assuming it was successful, U wouldn't be here dismissing and blaming him for taking the gamble...

Just tell him that you do not have the capacity to do that... But if U can, Just do it.... But if it's me, I will do it as a form of repayment for all the sacrifice...

Oyibo dey repay the loans wey them borrow as students loan, Botswana dey do am, South Africa the same.. it's only Few countries like Nigeria who can single handedly pay for their kids fees.. Nigerian parents are simply the best... Someone was even suggesting that you break your SIM.. what a world...

Very good my dear.

Honestly, this present generations don't deserve any good treatment. A dad who sacrifice everything for him and the best thing to do is to doubt him. What a world

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AfroKnight: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Wahala pass wahala.

He never listens to advice, right?

Good luck to you. You will have to take a gamble for him like he did for you.

Also be sure if that 500k can pay off the existing loans. If not, then tread carefully.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Bbbwings: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Pay him 300k
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by amnesty7: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation
Yeye revelation from a scammer grin grin
Your dad was smart.

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Ameduedwin: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
in my honest opinion give him what you can afford to loss if thing happen to turn out to be hard for him, if 100k, 200k you know you can afford then do it for him
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Elnesto(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Your papa ask u 2 collect loan 4 am u rush come nairaland come ask 4 advise on top matter wey suppose b private. U r a just bad son.. U go get pikin one day u go know how e dey b.

9 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AdaAwka1: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
killerdragon:

You don't have sense

All these women and their stupid way of thinking eh

Bros if them arrest you for debt you will know weh grin grin grin

Who will arrest him for debt.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by alizma: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
I will advise you sit him down and discuss man to man, let him know you are aware of the other loan and ask him to tell you if there is another hiding loan so that you can both see how this loans can be repaid from his business without default. Then if his repayment plans are in order and visible, help him take the loan. Another area you need to check is the cause of his capital flight aside the 300k that was taken from him, is the business going down because of his age or because his line of business if becoming outdate or his has side chick. The outcome of all this should help you in whatever decision you are going to take. Whether the case may be, don't turn down his request totally, at worst, tell him you can only take 150k or 200k due to your own income

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by oyejideogunjumo: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
If you can afford it, take it for him but be sure that he is not paying it back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.