Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? (44889 Views)

My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Do You Struggle To Get Out Of Bed In The Morning? Tips For Good Sleeping Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by kaycyor: 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kriss216:
Don't let anyone deceive you, bed bug has no remedy. Just carry your foam outside and burn it...Save money and buy another one.

This your advise ehhh... Can't stop laughing..
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by 007lss: 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Get salt(10 spoon),any detergent soap and Kerosine, mix them together in a bottle and apply it on you bed and everywhere in your room.Is going to kill scorpion and any other insect too

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by dfrost: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kriss216:
Don't let anyone deceive you, bed bug has no remedy. Just carry your foam outside and burn it...Save money and buy another one.

For this hard economy? When was the last time you bought mattress?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by chigo245: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2021

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Waffarianman(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
Go buy Otapiapia or sharpshooter mix with diesel and small plastic spray bottle and spray the affected part and thank me later
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by GeneralPula: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
I think kerosene can do the magic but I don’t know how they usually use it..
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by cosmos2000(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kriss216:

It has oooh. Well that was my perception about it till my mum came with a pink powder substance... I was even doubting her work till it was like a surprise

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Oluwatope00: 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
My brother get dress force powder. It really works for bedbug. It will dry them off n you won't see them anymore
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Lightorder: 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Those leeches are trouble. We got them when I was growing up. Those days when iron spring bed was in vogue. One welder called Sunday was given a job by my dad to re- spring the bed in my room. One night when I was reading on the bed,I saw some things crawling and I decided to crush them. Blood everywhere. The stench was sometiing else. .
Just use insecticide, powder type is preferable. Apply them on every crack and hidden places. Use the power type so that It would remain for a long time. They love cracks and corners. When the powder insecticide applied remains there, they won’t gather there anymore. They have very short life span.
Natural way to get rid of them is just lock the room and travel for few days or weeks. Their egg is very stubborn but after a while they will fizzle out. Kerosine and sunlight is another enemies to them. Lastly, one could easily get it in some Lagos buses and public places . Beware

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Ezepikin: 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Textra:
Please, bed bug is actually one of my greatest fear growing up. I can't just imagine having it in my room back then due to people experiences... The shame, if it follows me outside. Lo, and behold, I can't really say how it got it into my room. My fear has turn to reality now... I rented a room, clean it bought everything new, and after a year I allowed a friend to stay with me, whether it was from him or I got it somewhere else I don't know, but i am dying inside seeing it, I have tried all that I know... Killing it alone makes me wanna vomit... Please, what should I do, to eradicate this enemy.
Go and look for this chemical DD Force.. Take a sample ofit, mix with water and spray on infested spots like the edges of chairs, bed covers, rugs etc. Spray in the night and leave the place till morning. Repeat again the next day. This is highly effevtive in treating these bugs.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by tholhusomhie: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
You should really be afraid of Bed Bug.

Solution is simple, you need a professional fumigation of the entire apartment.

Please reach us at Heph-Bee Global Ventures Limited via +234(0)8075150468 for this professional service.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by FryMosquito: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Textra:
Please, bed bug is actually one of my greatest fear growing up. I can't just imagine having it in my room back then due to people experiences... The shame, if it follows me outside. Lo, and behold, I can't really say how it got it into my room. My fear has turn to reality now... I rented a room, clean it bought everything new, and after a year I allowed a friend to stay with me, whether it was from him or I got it somewhere else I don't know, but i am dying inside seeing it, I have tried all that I know... Killing it alone makes me wanna vomit... Please, what should I do, to eradicate this enemy.
Try go look for agro insecticide like (DD Forte or DD Force) normally at any building materials market, the big container. Then look for or buy all those containers with sprayer, spray it raw to all corners of the house including mattress and chairs. Lock all windows tight and leave the house air lock for two days. By the time you come back no single of them will remain including ants and rats.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Kingsean(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
zolajpower:

angry
Mention me often I want to ask someone what's the name of the medicine she told me was used to kill both eggs and the colony shocked
She told me a white substance was used to eliminate them

it's called diatomaceous earth. that's the white substance. it dries them all up and they disappear
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by lomprico(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Textra:

use sniper to fumigate your apartment n stay away for like 2 days.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by okoroemeka(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
dfrost:
Bedbug Treatments

Getting rid of bedbugs begins with cleaning up the places where bedbugs live. This should include the following:

Clean bedding, linens, curtains, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting.

Place stuffed animals, shoes, and other items that can't be washed in the dryer and run on high for 30 minutes.

Use a stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bedbugs and their eggs before vacuuming.

Vacuum your bed and surrounding area frequently. After vacuuming, immediately place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and place in garbage can outdoors.

Encase mattress and box springs with a tightly woven, zippered cover to keep bedbugs from entering or escaping. Bedbugs may live up to a year without feeding, so keep the cover on your mattress for at least a year to make sure all bugs in the mattress are dead.

Repair cracks in plaster and glue down peeling wallpaper to get rid of places bedbugs can hide.

Get rid of clutter around the bed

Source: WebMD

You can also source for most information online too
this will work for bedbug in America or Europe not the type we have here in Africa

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by olisefom: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Travel for a minimum of one week
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by derbykol(f): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
egeanma:
please who knows how to get rid of this tiny cockroaches, they are gradually forming a colony around my parking store, insectides don't eradicate them, they will dodge inside electronics enclusre.
Same here
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by merits(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bombastically00:
Mix Kerosene with detergent and three spoon of salt...Mix together...it's just better than using sniper..

YES THIS WORKS LIKE MIRACLE.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
zolajpower:

angry
Mention me often I want to ask someone what's the name of the medicine she told me was used to kill both eggs and the colony shocked
She told me a white substance was used to eliminate them
Rambo powder or pestox.
Puff it in every corners of the house, it is not too toxic for you not to stay indoor.
A bottle of Rambo powder is #150/200
A sachet of Pestox is #100
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by tholhusomhie: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
FryMosquito:
Try go look for agro insecticide like (DD Forte or DD Force) normally at any building materials market, the big container. Then look for or buy all those containers with sprayer, spray it raw to all corners of the house including mattress and chairs. Lock all windows tight and leave the house air lock for two days. By the time you come back no single of them will remain including ants and rats.

Agro Chemicals are meant for the farms and not to be used where human beings live as they pose serious danger to human health.

There are ECO Friendly, WHO approved chemicals that will take care of these dangerous insects.

Please contact us at Heph-Bee Global Ventures Limited via +234 (0)8075150468 for an excellent experience.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by dfrost: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
okoroemeka:
this will work for bedbug in America or Europe not the type we have here in Africa

cheesy grin kuku kee me cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Bombastically00(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
merits:

YES THIS WORKS LIKE MIRACLE.
yeah wink
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by authority2006(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Textra:

Just buy Sniper insecticide and dilute with water. Apply it everywhere, I mean everywhere in your room or rooms. The mattress, walls, burglaries, chairs, tables, everywhere and everything. After the application preferably in the morning, close your windows and doors only open again some hours later. Let enough ventilation in before bed time if you want to sleep in that room. If no enough ventilation before bed time, find somewhere else to sleep.
Repeat the application a week after and the third week. You would never see beg bugs again.

To apply conveniently, filled it inside empty plastic bottle, make few holes with nails at the top of the lid.

Kriss216:

OceanEye:
Bed bugs are very stubborn. Just continue living your life and endure, they will soon disappear. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't take any effort, like using sniper at least twice. That's my experience.

Totally and completely wrong misconception! I will tell guys why everyone believes this theory to be true.
The reason is that some bugs and their eggs may escape the first application of the insecticide. That's why you need the second application and the third one with few intervals of days not more than a week intervals.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by FreeStuffsNG: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I prefer this solution
grin grin
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by damosade(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
U have to go local for it..
1 get a cowery. Owo eto.
2. Get a black soap. Ose dudu
4. Put a live bed bug inside the cowery.
5. Use the black soap to seal the bug.
6.Go and throw the cowery where you dispose waste materials.. Preferably Ori Akitan.

That will be the end of bed bug in your life time.
IRE OO

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by lanrryman: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
aminusodiq:
A friend of mine had similar issue while we were in school. It was terrible!! He told me he sprayed the entire room with sniper diluted with water and kerosene. I hope that helps... Its been 3 years we graduated and i dont know if i could remember in details... Please protect yourself while at it
Am an eye witness it was a hell on earth both the sitting room and the bedroom full of bed bug but victory at last. I use snippet (DD force) to conquered. A trial will convince you guy
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by OceanEye: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bed bugs are very stubborn. Just continue living your life and endure, they will soon disappear. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't take any effort, like using sniper at least twice. That's my experience.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by ThatPetiteChic: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
egeanma:
please who knows how to get rid of this tiny cockroaches, they are gradually forming a colony around my parking store, insectides don't eradicate them, they will dodge inside electronics enclusre.

I used to have this issue, hiding inside microwave and plate racks. I bought Green leaf cockroach powder and sprinkled weekly for 4weeks. I sprinkle, clean the house after a week and sprinkle again. This was in January and I haven't seen cockroach since then.

I intend sprinkling my house again because it's been a while.

NB: Though, I still spray my house with insecticide every 2weeks. I bought the cockroach powder in Lagos for #50/sachet.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by achorladey: 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Textra:

Go buy RAMBO white powder. Someone posted image of it earlier on this thread. Poor the stuff anywhere you notice dem dey. Leave the remaining matter for matthias.

They won't flee na DRY dem go DRY finish all of them for wherever dem dey hid or reproduce including their eggs paapaa.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Thereishel: 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Check the corner of the phone carefully with torchlight and when you sight and bedbugs spray it with kerosene continue searching and spraying until all the bugs are killed. You can also put the foam under intense sun for a long time they would come out of the foam
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by busayochic: 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
There's this product I used that totally wiped them out. Don't know if I'm allowed to share it here
Textra:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Treat A Vaginal Infection With A Clove Of Garlic / 100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus / 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.