Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? (44900 Views)

My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Do You Struggle To Get Out Of Bed In The Morning? Tips For Good Sleeping Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Kingluqman(m): 12:23am On Sep 13, 2021
Textra:
Please, bed bug is actually one of my greatest fear growing up. I can't just imagine having it in my room back then due to people experiences... The shame, if it follows me outside. Lo, and behold, I can't really say how it got it into my room. My fear has turn to reality now... I rented a room, clean it bought everything new, and after a year I allowed a friend to stay with me, whether it was from him or I got it somewhere else I don't know, but i am dying inside seeing it, I have tried all that I know... Killing it alone makes me wanna vomit... Please, what should I do, to eradicate this enemy.
I so much hate it!! Went to visit a friend for the first time in lag, and couldn't sleep at night because of this shit. The next morning, fortunately for the guy, it was Sunday. We went straight to get sniper, poured in a table water plastic mixed with small kerosine. We firstly made sure we killed all those inside wall holes with the mixture, watching them die immediately. We made sure it's applied on the foam edge and every corner of the room. After that, we sprayed the whole room and closed the door and the windows for like 2hrs. If you stay in that room, you die.. it's fact!! Make sure you get your nose covered when doing this.

In summary, we won the battle and till today, my friend still dey thank me.
I so much hate it.

Imagine a lady telling you right on the road like
"Bro, kee the flies on your shoulder sir". Boom!! You killed it and it's bloody.

You go wan die I swear. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by bizhop01: 12:23am On Sep 13, 2021
Kerosene is their greatest enemy
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by chaloskyx: 12:28am On Sep 13, 2021
EMPTY YOUR WHOLE HOUSE FUMIGATE GET RID OF YOUR BED
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by kowalsky: 12:43am On Sep 13, 2021
Marcus888:
Just carry the bed and the chairs go outside. Make the bed and chairs dy under sun. For 1-2weeks. Cos bedbugs feed on human blood. And without blood they will dried up..
Thank me later

Don't follow this advice. You'll only spread the infestation. If you take your beds and chairs outside those bugs will only try to find a new host. If your house is the closest they'll be back. If you have neighbours they'll infest those houses too.

And no, two weeks isnt enough to starve bedbugs. Those mfs can go a whole twelve months without a blood meal.

I don't have any experience dealing with them but from what I've seen on the bedbug subreddit diatemateous earth seems to work really well. That and a new treatment called apprehend (which is actually a fungi). Not sure how easily accessible those are in Nigeria
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Irishrena1(f): 1:04am On Sep 13, 2021
derbykol:
Same here

Buy Green River and apply
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by deleo16(m): 1:09am On Sep 13, 2021
stmatt01:
Hello guys,
I gat a very good solution to bed bugs no matter how stubborn they seem to be, the name of the product is called DRESS FORCE. It's around ₦300 or so. Please try it any day and thank me Later. This is my number 08056723238
these stuff works even on housefly

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Ofadaman(m): 1:27am On Sep 13, 2021
Those fuckers are a big problem,they multiply in their numbers, the day you see one, there'd be many of them and their eggs.

Just take all your foam, pillow ,bedsheet and burn them , then buy a new one.

The other option is to continue to disinfect with kerosene and other hard chemicals, you'd have to take all those properties outside in the sun , they hate sun, then you disinfect them. There and allow the sun heat it up, then u go inside and clean up fully disinfection, after that you'd begin to move your property back inside one at a time, Burn all pillows . Also don't forget to check all clothes and all.

Those fuckers don't die easy, this is why disposing and burning the property is always safer.

Always check your visitors before they come on
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by shurlar50(m): 1:34am On Sep 13, 2021
OP, If you're yet to find a solution to the bed bugs situation.
Here's what you can do: I call it Vampire technique

Get an empty store, building or place away from your apartment. Relocate your furniture and other wares that can serve as their hideout. Expose them to the sun during the day and fumigate. Some will die from the impact of fumigants, while others will try to escape toxins and sunlight. Relocate the wares to the empty store and repeat the fumigation/sun process for about 2-3 weeks. Finally, keep them in the store for at least 90days. Most of the bugs/eggs will either migrate and leave or die within this period.

Bed bugs rely so much on blood and they hate light. So if you can dedicate small time and do without your chairs/bed for few months. You will eradicate them 100%
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Babara1994(m): 1:41am On Sep 13, 2021
Textra:
Please, bed bug is actually one of my greatest fear growing up. I can't just imagine having it in my room back then due to people experiences... The shame, if it follows me outside. Lo, and behold, I can't really say how it got it into my room. My fear has turn to reality now... I rented a room, clean it bought everything new, and after a year I allowed a friend to stay with me, whether it was from him or I got it somewhere else I don't know, but i am dying inside seeing it, I have tried all that I know... Killing it alone makes me wanna vomit... Please, what should I do, to eradicate this enemy.
Use hot water on the affected parts
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Aizenosa(m): 1:49am On Sep 13, 2021
aminusodiq:
A friend of mine had similar issue while we were in school. It was terrible!! He told me he sprayed the entire room with sniper diluted with water and kerosene. I hope that helps... Its been 3 years we graduated and i dont know if i could remember in details... Please protect yourself while at it

This works.
Go to where they sell pesticides, a Knapp sprayer and ask for chemicals that can be used to eradicate bedbugs. Follow the guidelines and fumigate your house, don't spare anything except your kitchen and food, after this, lock the house and windows and go visit a friend, in about 2-3hrs time. Next take everything outside to be sterilized by sunlight. You should be fine afterwards.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by agborodun: 2:06am On Sep 13, 2021
GET A SNIPPER; POUR A LITTLE INTO A BIG RAGOLIS WATER BOTTLE; FILL THE BOTTLE UP WITH WATER AND MAKE SMALL HOLE ON THE COVER. USE IT TO FUMIGATE THE WHOLE HOUSE AND LEAVE IT CLOSED FOR A DAY. I ASSURE YOU THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU. PLEASE KEEP THE REST OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AND DONT ALLOW IT TO DROP ON YOUR FOOD OR WATER. YOU CAN APPLY THE REST A WEEK LATER. ALL BED BUGS, COCKROACHES, ANTS AND EVEN SPIDERS WILL DIE.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by chikasky62: 2:14am On Sep 13, 2021
Very simple, I had such an experience but today they are history. Chat me up on WhatsApp 08067028088 and it is done. Make sure that you base in Lagos sir
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by omotola224(f): 2:32am On Sep 13, 2021
Oluwatope00:
My brother get dress force powder. It really works for bedbug. It will dry them off n you won't see them anymore
Does it dry their eggs too
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by moit40: 2:47am On Sep 13, 2021
Snipper very effective
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by HajiaNotu: 2:56am On Sep 13, 2021
I didnt read through the pages so someone might have suggested this...

If you are in Lagos, go to Ojota where they selll chemicals...

Though pricey but it worths it...
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by moit40: 2:58am On Sep 13, 2021
From my personal experience, "Snipper" is very effective ... Just mix the Snipper with a little water.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Ofolete: 3:12am On Sep 13, 2021
Let me see what sniper will not kill. Bedbugs! Who born monkey!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Udodiri01: 3:24am On Sep 13, 2021
Just the mere tot of it gives me goosebumps... Those tiny insects where sent from hell.. Warning every police station in Nigeria is infested.. If you ever go to any police station, burn all ur clothes before you enter ur house...
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by ikeasogwa: 4:08am On Sep 13, 2021
Qwerty4u:
They usually hide inside torn part of foams... Or upholstery chair sides.. even inside the wooden part of your bed frame... Just rub, pour , touch and pour kerosene on those areas... You will surely like how they will be strangled to death to your amusement, victory and happiness... But you have to keep doing this until all the bed-bug bandits are expelled...... #experience things shaa....
You can share the testimony later.... Ameen

Kerosene itself is a foam destroyer. Getting rid of bedbugs is not costly. Just buy one container of piff-paff from hawkers or stores. It sells for less than 200naira. Cut it open, remove your bedsheets and spread the powder all over then put back the bedsheets. Put the powder in hidden parts of your room for containment of roaches, scorpion, etc. After each night check under your bed. Tell me about the result.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by MrEgghead(m): 4:24am On Sep 13, 2021
Textra:
One of the landmark achievements of my school in recent years..
The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to starve them of blood and then make use of conventional approach. The conventional approach varies but the way my school did it back then was that after vacation, the whole hostels were fumigated and prior to resumption, it was made mandatory for every student to buy mackintosh to cover their bed as the bed is the main habitat of bed bugs...And for over two sessions , I've not seen a single bed bug...
My advice for you, buy thick mackintosh to cover your beds and your chairs and with time,bed bug will be a thing of the past.

Chemicals can NEVER eradicate bed bugs totally...
When you're buying the mackintosh, buy the thickest type.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by ceejay80s(m): 4:27am On Sep 13, 2021
Textra:
Buy oil paint, those paints has chemical that are peperish to the eye, just paint ur room with it and u won't see bedbugs again , even if it's coming from ur neighbors room
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Rooyyaallttyy: 4:42am On Sep 13, 2021
Sniper doesn't work well for bedbugs. Get this insecticide called nopest and thank me later. Used it in uni then. It has a strong smell tho.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Coachkally: 5:06am On Sep 13, 2021
Take down your curtain wash every washable in the room.then proceed to the mattress and do justice by applying kerosene at the edges of the bed especially lining areas..do this every week then bedbugs will be a thing of the past
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by igbowoman: 5:28am On Sep 13, 2021
Textra:

Wash all your linens and clothes with hot water and iron them all to kill off any traces but before you do that throw your mattress away or burn it .
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by mcayomind: 5:33am On Sep 13, 2021
Textra:

Get one of them, put inside nylon, take it to the market square and drop it, you wonder how the many of them inside your room would find there way out, I hope this we help.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by tobeymichael16(m): 5:37am On Sep 13, 2021
Dress force is the best remedy for bedbugs. Just mix with water or snipper.
Textra:

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by igbowoman: 5:53am On Sep 13, 2021
Which dirty villages do all live in?
I never heard of bedbugs in townships.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by derbykol(f): 6:16am On Sep 13, 2021
Irishrena1:

Buy Green River and apply
Thank you
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? by Ishilove: 6:22am On Sep 13, 2021
Quietly change your furniture because those things no get remedy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Treat A Vaginal Infection With A Clove Of Garlic / 100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus / 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.