Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians (22865 Views)

Beyonce Pays Tribute To Fela Kuti,performs His 1976 "Zombie" At Coachella(video) / Ugandan Singer Begs Wizkid To Impregnate Her, Says "My Womb Is Ready" / "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Oyiboman69: 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Jerryherd:
grin

Why are people always looking for what is not lost

Nobody compares Fela and Wizkid...

Fela left Medical Science at Oxford to Study Music Major, Fela is one of the only true African Musical Professional, who created a whole Genre of music Afrobeat out of nothing

Wizkid is a talented legend as well but don't compare him to Baba Fela and don't try to rubbish his hard work and talent also

WizKid is talented yes but not a legend cos all they do in the industry I'd how to make money while making meaningless songs,well,all is for the money...

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Tinney104(m): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
I want to correct some stupid people here!!

All musical is talented as well

Legend is different from person wey dey look for money on one hit

Some people will never go online and check those interview wey fela kuti don do with white people

E Clear pass DSTV
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Oyiboman69: 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
being the pioneer of anything doesn't make you the best at it. Is messi/cr7 the founder of football? Yet they are regarded as the greatest of all times.

Abeg, no dey use sentiments
one thing I want you to know is that words, phrase,names places are formed and made popular by musicians...
Fella in his time has made many words like:
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by femlad97(m): 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
I guess obansanjo and co will tell you who baba fela bi
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Oyiboman69: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
being the pioneer of anything doesn't make you the best at it. Is messi/cr7 the founder of football? Yet they are regarded as the greatest of all times.

Abeg, no dey use sentiments
one thing I want you to know is that words, phrase,names places are formed and made popular by musicians...
Fella in his time has made many words like:suegbe,shakara,pako,ITT, and many more popular all over Nigeria and beyond... What about different dance?, all are the hard work of a great artist,and if you can mention one or two of those things I alighted up there,or paste a lyrics comparison about the two,,then I'll say you have an argument...
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Semaj77(m): 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

People only rate Fela higher coz he is late. People respect the dead more.

Quoting Rick Ross "Niggaz only respect niggaz that's dead or niggaz in prison"

If you doubt the quote, tell me how many living peoples' face are on currencies. Na only dead people dey currency notes.

Nelson Mandela earned his respect for going to prison. Some of our former presidents have been in prison.

You're obviously a kid

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by babajero(m): 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

If you doubt the quote, tell me how many living peoples' face are on currencies. Na only dead people dey currency notes.

Nelson Mandela earned his respect for going to prison. Some of our former presidents have been in prison.

whether dead or alive Fela's music is ever green, while Wizkid even as he is alive majority people don't listen to his music, because it gat to do with only women and sound childish.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by GoldHorse(m): 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
I have stopped urging them not to because they do so in ignorance.

It's like asking the indomine children not to compare chocomilo to Goody Goody. Do they even know what the REAL Goody Goody is in the first place?

Baba Fela na Orisa! No one compares!!! Wizkid himself will never do that mistake because he knows how far.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by barcaboi(m): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

Gen Z alone will say this; Fela was celebrated and loved even when he was alive. Read up man
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Bngf: 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
Cenripacta:
When you ask people defending Fela how many of his songs they know ..ofcourse they will go dumb..they couldn't stand his song playing in the background or even have one of his tracks on their playlist but they will be here online capping like they know Fela.

Fela na abamieda, once In life time musical activist and rhythm god, they don’t come often.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Shakathezulu1: 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:

Last breath ���
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Semaj77(m): 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
kenzysmith:
But is it fair to compare Falz , Tuface with Fela

Raindrop - tubaba
Reality. - tubaba
This is Nigeria - falz
Hypocrite- falz ft dammy

This guys songs has lift lot of lives

Even Tuface and Falz can't wear Fela's shoes
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Semaj77(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
Cenripacta:
When you ask people defending Fela how many of his songs they know ..ofcourse they will go dumb..they couldn't stand his song playing in the background or even have one of his tracks on their playlist but they will be here online capping like they know Fela.

Speak for yourself
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Saintkingsley88: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
M josh!!!!!! That guy sabi sing well well
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by allanphash7(m): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
How old are you?
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Georgejeez: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
Imagine comparing an Iguana (WizKid) to a fire spitting Dragon (Fela Anikulapo kuti) .
Same Wizzy wen him hit songs no de last pass 2 months ,you waan compare am with person when he songs shake full Aso rock ,shake Presidency , open Citizens eyes ,prophesy about the future accurately and still remain evergreen even till this day?

Na wao ,, this waan na yeye talk joor ,make I go download Fela mix abeg

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by labisibrass(m): 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I am a born again Christian but honestly I respect Fela pass most of these church leaders you have today.

He reminds me more of the prophets of old than them. He's not afraid to call brutal dictators to order as Elijah and John the baptist among others did in their days.

I know of his excesses and negative side, but I appreciate and have the highest regards for the good and positive aspect of Fela.

I hope though that he got saved before the end of his life because that's the most important thing in life.

#Endritualkillings
#Endhumansacrifices
#Enoughisenough
#Nigerianlivesmatter

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.youtube/watch?v=orTjZE-w2WI

We should sit on our heads because you're a born again Christian undecided
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Glycosunde: 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Some people stupidity na follow come if not how you go compare Fela to Wizkid, like how Nonsense Ingredients. No wonder we get this kind leaders for Nigeria

Sighs.......... Drops pen

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by enemyofprogress: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Only craze people go dey compare Fela with wizkid. Wizkid is a kid in everything you can think of when it comes to Fela, he should not even be mentioned unless dem wan kill am.

Dominique I still love you, despite what happened last night
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by michelism(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

Prison, dead or alive, Fela isn't mate to the likes of WizKid.

Do you understand the meaning of being a musician and entertainer?

Both are world apart!
Fela created his own music, he could sing, plays; saxophone, keyboard, trumpet and other musical instruments(multi-instrumentalist), bandleader and a composer.
Hope you know how we came about "afrobeat" you listen to today? He's the pioneer of afrobeat!
Fela's music is one of the most difficult music in the world; he wrote all his music, writes; how all the instruments "must be played"( for hours none stop).

In fact, WizKid must be out of his senses for not coming out to caution people for going overboard!

Don't ever compare Fela to WizKid, they're not in the same class.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by ogascomax: 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

Am sure that you are not up to 23 years, is people of your age mate that do such comparison.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by michelism(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
ogascomax:

Am sure that you are not up to 23 years, is people of your age mate that do such comparison.

Don't mind him, obviously a young man.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by tankoagaie: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
y u com de warn the entire nigerians,don't u know that many don't even care about music
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Prechboy(m): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
Many of una wey dey talk say they nor fit compare wizkid to fela dey talk rubbish. Is music all about been an activist? The next thing una go tell me be say I be indomie generation. You rate people based on achievements not just by words. Wizkid has achieved a lot more than fela if we are to be honest. He has broken all fela's record so what more is there?

Yes baba fela na legend but there's no champion forever. Even Michael Jackson, person go break him record someday just as Ronaldo and Messi Don break Maradona and Pele own.

Music nor be all about to insult government. I bet because Fela is dead you people are almost worshipping him. He wasn't even the best in his time. There were musicians from South Africa that were more popular than him. What about the Cameroon legend wey Michael Jackson remix him song?

But currently in this generation wizkid is the biggest in Africa despite the fact that the competition in the generation is crazy. How many musicians even dey for fela time? Make una dey calm down abeg.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Bamzyriches451: 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nah mumu go do that one
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by theInterpreter: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
na sunny ade age we dey respect...Wizkid put Nigeria on the map....majorly o. No Nigerian song has made it to the hot100 ever until wiz's essence. Put some respect on that dude's name
stfu

we are talking of message not charts

go listen to sunny Ade's juju music

his music combined with Fela made Nigerian music popular

if you love charts then
rappers like dababy lil dicky are better than Wizkid

charts my foot
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by theInterpreter: 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
Prechboy:
Many of una wey dey talk say they nor fit compare wizkid to fela dey talk rubbish. Is music all about been an activist? The next thing una go tell me be say I be indomie generation. You rate people based on achievements not just by words. Wizkid has achieved a lot more than fela if we are to be honest. He has broken all fela's record so what more is there?

Yes baba fela na legend but there's no champion forever. Even Michael Jackson, person go break him record someday just as Ronaldo and Messi Don break Maradona and Pele own.

Music nor be all about to insult government. I bet because Fela is dead you people are almost worshipping him. He wasn't even the best in his time. There were musicians from South Africa that were more popular than him. What about the Cameroon legend wey Michael Jackson remix him song?

But currently in this generation wizkid is the biggest in Africa despite the fact that the competition in the generation is crazy. How many musicians even dey for fela time? Make una dey calm down abeg.
popular doesn't mean best

that's the stupid mistake you guys make
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Prechboy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
theInterpreter:
popular doesn't mean best

that's the stupid mistake you guys make

exactly the same way Fela was never the best
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by theInterpreter: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Prechboy:
exactly the same way Fela was never the best
lol
okay

I guess dababy or lil dicky are better than burnaboy since they are more popular

you guys no dey think

do you know Fela did all his songs on stage?
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by ogascomax: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I am a born again Christian but honestly I respect Fela pass most of these church leaders you have today.

He reminds me more of the prophets of old than them. He's not afraid to call brutal dictators to order as Elijah and John the baptist among others did in their days.

I know of his excesses and negative side, but I appreciate and have the highest regards for the good and positive aspect of Fela.

I hope though that he got saved before the end of his life because that's the most important thing in life.

#Endritualkillings
#Endhumansacrifices
#Enoughisenough
#Nigerianlivesmatter

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.youtube/watch?v=orTjZE-w2WI

You are not because you are talking nonsense. You don't have right to compare fela and any Pastor, no matter any reason. Do you know who a Christian is? What even brought pastor to this conversation is what I am even surprised at. If you speak of life style no matter how some may behave I have not seen any that come close to fela. Don't even go there next time comparing a Pastor and anything. How many times have you seen a Muslim calling up an imam in an issue. This is why Jesus said that the children of this generation in their time a wiser than the children of God. Because you are a Christian you can just open your mouth and talk anyhow.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by HeadNigga: 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
theInterpreter:
stfu

we are talking of message not charts

go listen to sunny Ade's juju music

his music combined with Fela made Nigerian music popular

if you love charts then
rappers like dababy lil dicky are better than Wizkid

charts my foot
you are talking about message not charts yet you are talking about Fela making Nigerian music popular. Lol. "POPULAR" songs top the charts, not necessarily songs with "MESSAGE".

Be coherent, stop confusing yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinyere Wilfred Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos / D"banj And Comedian Lasisi Elenu Pictured Together / "Stop The Fake News, I Was Not Dumped By Several Men" - Yvonne Okoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.