Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? (35531 Views)

Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

Reason he had been treating my family like his.

Truth is: Bachelor’s know they are lonely, and they miss having a family.

And your conclusion came by meeting a single bachelor. A single individual forms the basis of your generalized conclusion.

11 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
greenie77:

Why marriage? When a man can get surrogates to have children for him, pay them off after birth, hire nannies to be care givers....so you see, he does not need to get married. wink

What is d cost of doing these? Can u put a figure?

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
zicoraads:
I read books, watch movies, chat... Sometimes, I have female friends over. But when I am working, I don't even know where the hours ago. Although I admit, it can be very lonely sometimes.
Dont worry! undecided

Even the married do experience loneliness though they think they are not supposed to talk about it because they are married undecided

8 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by mmsen: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
Men who miss quarrels are women in disguise.

8 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by mrksquare: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
lilvicky68:
Older bachelors won't feel anything..they are used to it..
You can't miss what you don't have..

Lol!! This particular sentence got me laughing.

I can't be lonely when I got books to read, movies to see, beer to drink with my peeps.

Loneliness is a function of ones mental state.

10 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
mmsen:
Men who miss quarrels are women in disguise.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Nwaotu10(m): 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
We've got our phones to keep us busy.
Nevertheless, loneliness still creeps in most atimes, especially for people like me that doesn't have a girlfriend grin

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nwaotu10:
We've got our phones to keep us busy.
Nevertheless, loneliness still creeps in most atimes, especially for people like me that doesn't have a girlfriend grin

Dont worry! undecided

Even the married do experience loneliness though they think they are not supposed to talk about it because they are married undecided

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Funkybabee(f): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Stop mocking people Biko

What's the meaning of the older bachelor

5 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Nwaotu10(m): 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Dont worry! undecided

Yea, that's true. smiley
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
Only a broke bachelor can be lonely.

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by mariahAngel(f): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
What an eye opening thread! grin
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Virusvetty: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
What's age range of ur older bachelor insinuation

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? Because dem tell you say every man must have companion? undecided
fiminle undecided
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Churchill6767: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
Eze2000:

HI, is the lawyer still Avaliable?

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
A single person who has never been married can't feel lonely except they have Psychological problem.
Being alone doesn't translate to loneliness.
You can still be in a house full of people and still feel lonely and empty so don't make it look as if loneliness is a bachelor thing. If you ever marry because you feel lonely, you will understand the real loneliness when you don't get what you are looking for in your partner. I'd can be heart-rending.

12 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Newboss(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Fiscus105:
Red piller association, they hate women yet they can't do without women , they lamenting on issue pertaining to women on secondly basis .

They hate institution of marriage yet they want children. Kids that would be eventually raise by single parent and come problematic to the society the way they themselves lost out.

Red Piller don't hate women. They hate being used by women

11 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by 2021Humanbeing(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

If he is missing having a family, he would not be choosy. He can't miss a family he doesn't have, he is coping well jare

3 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Tedpgrass: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

I wonder what type of stupid person the poster is

To each his own. Let's refrain from insulting others.
Everyone has an opinion.. Right or wrong.

I quite agree with Koboj
Not everyone is bitten by the marriage and kids bug..

Society might try to pressurise one, but you can smartly turn it around, as often as possible.

MISSCONGENIALITY:

A single person who has never been married can't feel lonely except they have Psychological problem.
Being alone doesn't translate to loneliness.
You can still be in a house full of people and still feel lonely and empty so don't make it look as if loneliness is a bachelor thing. If you ever marry because you feel lonely, you will understand the real loneliness when you don't get what you are looking for in your partner. It can be heart-rending.

Couldn't be more apt

5 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by QueenVaji: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

your just trying to boast here with your family and intimidate single people..getting married is probably your biggest accomplishment..just getout abeg

10 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by jclassiq(m): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
When you say "older bachelors", what age range are we talking about? Cos I'm 35 and don't have a lover.

6 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by vickydevoka(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Funkybabee:
Stop mocking people Biko

What's the meaning of the older bachelor

He is not mocking anybody. C. Ronaldo is a bachelor. He doesn't have a wife. So life is a function of Individual

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by matm: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Unfortunately,many married men suffer abject loneliness and many of them are dying young.
Always check or call on your married bother for u never can tell when last he sat together with the wife as husband and wife irrespective of pretence in the eyes of people.

5 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by AgentGoat: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Eze2000:

HI, is the lawyer still Avaliable?

Why you dey ask grin
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Humanoid01(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
suffering:
This is like asking virgins how sex feels. Lol. There is no way a bachelor will feel lonely if he never was married in the first place. If he feels so because his girlfriend broke up he’ll just enter a woman’s friend zone or search his harem for a new catch. You are married, only divorce will give you an idea what you seek.
It's not a must to own something and lose it before you realize what you've lost. Sometimes we just feel some kind of emptiness inside of us and we know that we're missing something.

To some, that feeling doesn't linger, to others it lingers and goes deeper until they begin the search for the fulfillment of their cravings. We're just wired like that, no matter how we try to hide it.

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Newboss(m): 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
debbydams:
nothing like. Family,seeing your kids or playing with them,,the joy is always sweet..

The post is about bachelors, not guys without kids. A bachelor could have kids while not married.

3 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Newboss:
Red Piller don't hate women. They hate being used by women
So women love being used by men then? undecided

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by AleAirHub(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
I'm currently in my family friends house for days now to ease off the loneliness and boredom because I'm tired of living alone and also running � from many underskirt warriors too.

At least I feel happier with my adopted brothers pending when I'm ready to say I do lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by AgentGoat: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
lexy2014:

What is d cost of doing these? Can u put a figure?

It's expensive. 4-6 million excluded the baby care.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Ellixlimswag(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Marriage suppose de get holiday that you look forward to... sometimes you enjoy it sometimes you wan be bachelor and have your space ... ordinary babe when I just get I don de find holiday... sometimes I think marriage is overrated

3 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
matm:
Unfortunately,many married men suffer abject loneliness and many of them are dying young.
Always check or call on your married bother for u never can tell when last he sat together with the wife as husband and wife irrespective of pretence in the eyes of people.
It is not just the men ...even women struggle with the very same in marriage. Call your married sisters too. undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Stressing Me / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth / Bored In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.