Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? (37860 Views)

Where Do You Find Pleasure Apart From Drinking, Smoking And Sexual Activities ? / If U Are Force To Pick One Out Of This 3 Dangerous Addictions Which Will U Go Fo / Are "30+ Men" Really The Hardest To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Elliot2(m): 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bahamas95:
Lol, I swear I can't do without it. I once had a girl that broke up with me cos of my libido. She accused me of turning her to a sex slave. embarassed

Na wetin my immediate ex sef talk before she run. Any small mistake she enter room, na sex. Lol. And na sex wey go last d least two hours o. Babe tire for me.
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Bunmhi(f): 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
All of the above
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by jaxxy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ohthinktwice:
I had this conversation with some of my neighbors (three men) on which addiction was hardest to quit of womanizing, drinking and smoking.

My view was that it was womanizing, but they saw things differently from me and said it was smoking. They said it was easy to quit womanizing once the time for quitting comes, but the addiction to smoking was something else.

I had never smoked a cigarette or the likes before so I couldn't tell how difficult if was to quit, but I had a friend who was once a chain smoker, but once he repented and surrendered his life to God, that was it. The urge died instantly! It was so weird that a friend of his who knew him very well, said if my friend could quit smoking, that he also could quit the habit, because he knew how deep my friend had gone into it, that he himself was like a learner in the act.

That was perhaps what gave me the impression that it may not be that hard to quit the habit but my neighbors begged to differ.

I expect that there are others who may see things differently from us, because I know and have had of people who drink to the point that they become seriously ill but are still not able to quit.

Some others it's addiction to sex or masturbation that has made them to become depressed to the point of wanting to commit suicide, because they find it impossible to quit even if they know it's destroying their lives.

Hard drugs is another strong one which has held many in serious bondage, as some go to extreme lengths to pacify the urge. One married woman started paying for it with her body, by having sex with the supplier, after she had wasted all her life savings on it and no longer had money to pay for it.

Hence it appears that it differs from person to person, as an addiction someone finds hard to quit might be easy for someone else, and vice versa, but what do you think it?

May God help us all.

Any addiction that involves ingesting chemicals is harder and more than just an addictive bad habit like womanizing, maturbation or sex.. U don’t only have to stop it but u have to restore the chemical balance in ur body besides the regular psychological and physical aspects/training needed to deal with bad habits generally.

So Those are way harder.

5 Likes

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Softflameboi: 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Suicide To Quit Addictions...I Can Relate..So Far The Only Thing Keeping Me Alive And Giving Me The Strenght To Go On Is The Love Of My Mum...I Knw Things Will Get Better

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Bahamas95(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Goldenfinger:
... Omoh what if you are virgin and you are not ready to disvirgin
If you ain't ready then stay off any sexual activity, this is one of the reasons I don't give a damn about virgins. I said this same thing yesterday abi two days ago and someone mentioned me and was talking trash.

What shall it profit a virgin if her hymen is still intact and her anus is "borehole"?
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by bjtinz: 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
Personally gambling, sex and masturbating in increasing order are the most difficult to quit.

Smoking, drinking weed? Abegi those no be addiction na. Just a little effort dem go vamoose.

But when something like masturbating or gambling hook you ehh. . .it is something close to a miracle and God's special Grace to quit.

If you doubt, check how many threads have been opened related to quitting the fap addiction. But do ever see any about quitting alcohol or drugs or weed? There u have it.

2 Likes

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by bjtinz: 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
kenzysmith:
my brother smoking and drinking is easier to quit than masturbation

Very true.
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by bluefilm: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
For me, sports betting is the biggest addiction.

When you win, you still continue playing.

But when you lose...

You still come back to play to see if you can regain your losses.

And so before you know it...

Another addict is born!

3 Likes

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Teejaney88(m): 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2021
Add betting/Gambling to your list opp...

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by DeRichard(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ohthinktwice:
I had this conversation with some of my neighbors (three men) on which addiction was hardest to quit of womanizing, drinking and smoking.

My view was that it was womanizing, but they saw things differently from me and said it was smoking. They said it was easy to quit womanizing once the time for quitting comes, but the addiction to smoking was something else.

I had never smoked a cigarette or the likes before so I couldn't tell how difficult if was to quit, but I had a friend who was once a chain smoker, but once he repented and surrendered his life to God, that was it. The urge died instantly! It was so weird that a friend of his who knew him very well, said if my friend could quit smoking, that he also could quit the habit, because he knew how deep my friend had gone into it, that he himself was like a learner in the act.

That was perhaps what gave me the impression that it may not be that hard to quit the habit but my neighbors begged to differ.

I expect that there are others who may see things differently from us, because I know and have had of people who drink to the point that they become seriously ill but are still not able to quit.

Some others it's addiction to sex or masturbation that has made them to become depressed to the point of wanting to commit suicide, because they find it impossible to quit even if they know it's destroying their lives.

Hard drugs is another strong one which has held many in serious bondage, as some go to extreme lengths to pacify the urge. One married woman started paying for it with her body, by having sex with the supplier, after she had wasted all her life savings on it and no longer had money to pay for it.

Hence it appears that it differs from person to person, as an addiction someone finds hard to quit might be easy for someone else, and vice versa, but what do you think it?

May God help us all.

They're all easy to quit if you allow Jesus Christ into your heart and life and follow him strongly till the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Goldbw122(m): 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
For me, I don't drink, I don't smoke, but my greatest problem is that I love sex like wow, so any one have the soluction to my problem.. pls. And I gamble a little so am not addicted to that but for sex is so bad and it is eatening me up, I visit brothel twice a month.. yeah. And I don't have a girlfriend am always busy with work..
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by SUNNINO(m): 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Add Gambling.

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Goldbw122(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
SunshineHQ:
why will anyone wanna stop sex? its a way of life abi are u impotent?
Too much of sex is bad especially for a man.
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by EvangelistChuks(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
With Jesus it is one dose cure all. I know for I was once one.
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Amuroba: 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
Quit ?

Once in a while a Niggaa should

Cuff the carrot
Get laid,
Stay High,

So nothing worth quiting there. Just curb the addiction
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Warlord12(m): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2021
PericomaNwankwo:
Listen;
I used to crush crack on top a book titled "Overcoming Addiction", with my bunker at hand while going through the IG page " Say No To Drugs".

I used to smoke weed while reading Musk's thoughts on environmental protection.

I have not really been an alcohol lover.

I started smoking cigarettes at age 6 or thereabouts (something common in the slums in grew up in).

I quit cigarettes when I started smoking weed, quit weed when I started smoking skunk, quit skunk for loud and then I went back to weed; doing weed and spirit drinks just to stay high at all costs and keep a bogus appetite.

I quit alcohol totally and concentrated on weed and crack and heroine.

Sometime later I had to quit weed because my worries overlapped it's highness. I was hooked with crack and Thailand for months and it helped me to stay off weed.

Then suddenly I quit crack and Thai.....I'm grateful to God, it wasn't easy . I had to go on and off, relapsing became a norm.

Had gone months and still relapsed, then it started making me sick. Glad I won that battle. Never going back to anything highness.

I don't know about masturbation sha

Conclusion: quitting is all about will power, perseverance and self truth. Though I doubt addiction is the main problem of addicts.

Omoh to quit smoking hard gan oh Am still trying to find my way out
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by preacherz: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
D danger about masturbation is d ability to do it 5 times in a day. U only need to have data in ur smart phone. It’ll be easier for a Carmel to pass through d eye of a needle than for an addictive masturbator to quit.

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by waploger(m): 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ohthinktwice:

May God help us all.

Gambling...
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Solsix(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
Every addiction is governed by a demon. Only the grace of God can free u from thier grip
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
Either Smoking or Masturbation... embarassed

because I think When the urge comes, It is Soo Very Strong!!

And then, As someone here said, Sex related addictions are sth else.. undecided
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
Solsix:
Every addiction is governed by a demon. Only the grace of God can free u from thier grip

All dis Religious Folks.. undecided

Awon Righteousness2..

There is NO demon controlling anything..
As humans, our Body has kind of different Cravings!!
Unfortunately, some of us lack Control while some Have strong Discipline!!

It pains me when educated pple have too much of Religious reasoning.. sad
This is Why China Banned Christianity!!

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Solsix(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
Vinnie2000:

All dis Religious Folks.. undecided

Awon Righteousness2..

There is NO demon controlling anything..
As humans, our Body has kind of different Cravings!!
Unfortunately, some of us lack Control while some Have strong Discipline!!

It pains me when educated pple have too much of Religious reasoning.. sad
This is Why China Banned Christianity!!
There people who believe there is no God, believe whatever you like

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Unbothered14: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
bolaayenimo:
For me, na sex oooooooooooo. I like am like die
grin grin
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by confydoedowaye(m): 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
By ranking from most severe to less severe;

1. Hard drugs eg Coke, Tramadol, Colorado etc
2. Masturbation
3.Smoking cigarettes
4.Sex
5.Drinking

NB; Avoid number 1 with all ur strength...it is the devil's grip on ur wellbeing...

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by thelegend1(m): 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
Alcoholism is the worst. You don't realize the addiction and damage until you're neck deep.
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by PericomaNwankwo: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
Warlord12:

Omoh to quit smoking hard gan oh Am still trying to find my way out

It's not easy bro but as far as you have it in heart that you have to quit, you'll quit someday.

3 Likes

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by kay29000(m): 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
nairalee:
All these ones u mentioned are learners in the sight of gambling.

Gambling is like a drug induced state of ejaculative drunken highness

LOL. I agree with you. I have a friend that is addicted to gambling... I'm freaking tired of him always telling me how he would won millions only if one number had came out... Only if... Only if... He keeps chasing that luck

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by LegalOpinion: 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
Gambling
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
Sugar addiction
Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by Razaneli(m): 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
Elliot2:
Guy, sex addicts dey o. I have an uncle that can not stay two days without lashing. Nigga don lay the least 5000 girls for him life. Na from primary school him start o. Now he is over 40yrs. No jokes. Whether na mama o, pikin o, fine o, ugly o, short o, e tall o. He doesn't care so long she get honey pot.

Two days ?
Your uncle own better

My former boss used to do 4/5 girls in a day. Three when he is not in d mood. Hin wife b Dey jand

1 Like

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by shawnquest: 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
You no talk about social media addiction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addictions: Which Is Hardest To Quit? Sex, Masturbation, Drinking, Smoking Etc? by HRMK: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
MASTURBATION!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Your Girlfriend Becomes Envious Of You / Breakup After Being In A Relationship For 4 Years / With These Discoveries, Can I Continue With Her??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.