Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist (9280 Views)

Does God Exist? / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. / Charles Omole: Biodun Fatoyinbo May Not Be Convicted, Busola Has No Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
Your are right, you don’t need evidence to believe anything.
Because you believe it doesn’t mean it’s true.

I can also believe that unicorns exist.

Yes you "can also believe that unicorns exist" and it wouldn't make actual unicorns exist, though I would question your "also" with which you attempt to paint buda as a believer, still, if I were to start arguing that your belief us incorrect, I'm certain I will arrive at the point where I begin to realise how incorrect my own head must be unless I were resisting believing.

If you believe Workch, you clearly couldn't possibly have done the work so you may understand what you claim to believe. And yuk, says buda. Not at you Workch. At believe.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

Yes you "can also believe that unicorns exist" and it wouldn't make actual unicorns exist, though I would question your "also" with which you attempt to paint buda as a believer, still, if I were to start arguing that your belief us incorrect, I'm certain I will arrive at the point where I begin to realise how incorrect my own head must be unless I were resisting believing.

If you believe Workch, you clearly couldn't possibly have done the work so you may understand what you claim to believe. And yuk, says buda. Not at you Workch. At believe.
There is nothing wrong is asking for evidence for a belief system that people are literally trying to force down you throat dude. A belief system that is capable of dividing people, causing war, science denialism and to cap it, they are willing to spread this unsubstantiated beliefs with everything they have got. Please don’t tell me not to ask for evidence when they doing all their best to indoctrinate everyone.

It’s nothing insane is asking a believer to provide evidence for his god owing to the amount of atrocities and evil such beliefs haves caused both in the past and now.

A belief in god is totally different from the analogy you present. it’s a worldview and a debate everywhere. Whether or not I believe in anything, it doesn’t matter. The moment your beliefs now start telling me how to live my life or threatening my person, it’s a problem and religion bears all the hallmark of that.
I will not ask any believer for evidence if they can stay on their own and never want to tell me how to live my life. The moment they try to make me live my lie within the confines of their religious beliefs then I will ask for evidence 1million times. Nothing absolutely wrong in doing that.
If they want to convert logical people, then they have to bring concrete evidence for whatever they say
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
There is nothing wrong is asking for evidence for a belief system that people are literally trying to force down you throat dude. A belief system that is capable of dividing people, causing war, science denialism and to cap it, they are willing to spread this unsubstantiated beliefs with everything they have got. Please don’t tell me not to ask for evidence when they doing all their best to indoctrinate everyone.

It’s nothing insane is asking a believer to provide evidence for his god owing to the amount of atrocities and evil such beliefs haves caused both in the past and now.

A belief in god is totally different from the analogy you present. it’s a worldview and a debate everywhere. Whether or not I believe in anything, it doesn’t matter. The moment your beliefs now start telling me how to live my life or threatening my person, it’s a problem and religion bears all the hallmark of that.
I will not ask any believer for evidence if they can stay on their own and never want to tell me how to live my life. The moment they try to make me live my lie within the confines of their religious beliefs then I will ask for evidence 1million times. Nothing absolutely wrong in doing that.
If they want to convert logical people, then they have to bring concrete evidence for whatever they say

If you ask me to provide evidence for what I claim to believe, you simply lack an understanding of the word "belief" , because if I actually knew, I wouldn't just believe, I'd actually know. Try it with mother. See if you don't detect doubt if I were to claim to believe my mother is my mother.

If you ask a person who understands their God book for evidence of what you think they believe but which they instead understand they'd simply tell you their God is a spirit that no one has seen (its in the book, I gave refs), or something similar if they bothered to answer you at all, after all, the intent of your asking is so you can argue and be divisive while failing to see the forest in your eyes. But let me.

First. The sad thing is you see everyone as telling you what you must believe, a forest that blinds you to trees, so, the pox on buda if buda tells you how to live your life instead of insisting you use your own mind.

Second, a belief dictates a worldview, and a worldview dictates how one lives one's life. If I believe I have the right to what is yours, I will live like a thief and just take what's your's. If I believe God said, "Let there be Light" and then created Adam and Eve in six days and rested on the seventh, my worldview will differ to one who believes the world evolved and is a few billion years old. If I believe my food will fall like manna from heaven, my worldview differs to yours if your's dictates you get off your ass and work for your daily bread, which will indicate how we live our lives. You will wake up early and go to work while I might be sleeping from yelling to God all night. And if I happen to eat that day, thank God since I never worked for it as you did.

That, Workch is why the arguing, different worldviews, a recognition which if noted might become something different, like a discussion in order to understand each other better and influence or be influenced or a slap in the face even, so I get you. I kind of see what you doing here as returning from a long days work then arguing how you wouldn't share the food you laboured so hard and long for with yelling to God all night me. Lol. That's after all an analogy for if I'm telling you to not use your own mind and brain to ask and knock and seek understanding and just believe what I tell you to so why shouldn't I deserve a slap for asking to be fed by you whom my God sent to feed me?

I got a suggestion for you. Say, “Away from me, you deservedly starving buda!" Or anyone else assuming to tell you how you should live your life if that's the just dessert. I read a story about some dude who said something similar once and the peddler of beliefs trembled then departed from him and angels ministered to the dude instead. Its only a suggestion though I hope you wouldn't be like braindead enslaved believing Adam, which is what believers want to turn you into, and which you must indeed resist or tremble like they do.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Nothingserious: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There are lots of INSANES in the Society but due to the fact that they put on fine clothes you will not suspect them.

Just imagine someone who keeps saying something doesn't exist yet he's always looking for people to convince himself over what he himself said doesn't exist! cheesy

The truth is he is really scared of what religious people are saying about unbelievers so out of his fearfulness he's seeking a way to assure himself that God doesn't exist as he's seeing billions living normal lives claiming they believe in God whereas he just wish everyone debunk the concept yet nobody takes his arguments serious.

So he's scared! Perhaps there's God and religionists are right, what will become of him?

That's why he can't just let go of the concept he wish is untrue! cheesy

Aptly stated.
Great mind
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

If you ask me to provide evidence for what I claim to believe, you simply lack an understanding of the word "belief" , because if I actually knew, I wouldn't just believe, I'd actually know. Try it with mother. See if you don't detect doubt if I were to claim to believe my mother is my mother.

If you ask a person who understands their God book for evidence of what you think they believe but which they instead understand they'd simply tell you their God is a spirit that no one has seen (its in the book, I gave refs), or something similar if they bothered to answer you at all, after all, the intent of your asking is so you can argue and be divisive while failing to see the forest in your eyes. But let me.

First. The sad thing is you see everyone as telling you what you must believe, a forest that blinds you to trees, so, the pox on buda if buda tells you how to live your life instead of insisting you use your own mind.

Second, a belief dictates a worldview, and a worldview dictates how one lives one's life. If I believe I have the right to what is yours, I will live like a thief and just take what's your's. If I believe God said, "Let there be Light" and then created Adam and Eve in six days and rested on the seventh, my worldview will differ to one who believes the world evolved and is a few billion years old. If I believe my food will fall like manna from heaven, my worldview differs to yours if your's dictates you get off your ass and work for your daily bread, which will indicate how we live our lives. You will wake up early and go to work while I might be sleeping from yelling to God all night. And if I happen to eat that day, thank God since I never worked for it as you did.

That, Workch is why the arguing, different worldviews, a recognition which if noted might become something different, like a discussion in order to understand each other better and influence or be influenced or a slap in the face even, so I get you. I kind of see what you doing here as returning from a long days work then arguing how you wouldn't share the food you laboured so hard and long for with yelling to God all night me. Lol. That's after all an analogy for if I'm telling you to not use your own mind and brain to ask and knock and seek understanding and just believe what I tell you to so why shouldn't I deserve a slap for asking to be fed by you whom my God sent to feed me?

I got a suggestion for you. Say, “Away from me, you deservedly starving buda!" Or anyone else assuming to tell you how you should live your life if that's the just dessert. I read a story about some dude who said something similar once and the peddler of beliefs trembled then departed from him and angels ministered to the dude instead. Its only a suggestion though I hope you wouldn't be like braindead enslaved believing Adam, which is what believers want to turn you into, and which you must indeed resist or tremble like they do.
If it doesn’t have evidence, it exist only in your head and no one should take you seriously for it.

Your long epistle doesn’t matter. If you claim a god exist then show us evidence else I don’t believe it.
If you can’t provide evidence then keep the beliefs personal, it’s your opinion. Whenever you try to tell me about it, I will ask you to provide evidence.

If you can’t provide evidence, it means you don’t understand your own beliefs yourself. You should be able to substantiate what you believe or it’s just a dogma and nonsense.
You are probably living in fictions.

I also think someone holding beliefs without evidence is morally wrong. Such person is mentally weak and gullible. It’s explains why Christians get scammed a lot by pastors. They just believe and not objection, that’s ridiculous
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Nothingserious: 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
The Bible is not evidence, it’s a claim.

Miracles are not evidence, they are claims or products of ignorance.

Creatures are not evidence, we know how a lot of them got here.

Bible and Quran passages are full of lies and unsubstantiated claims. Their stories directly oppose reality and sometimes very laughable and can never be proven to be true, all lies and no single evidence.

There are no gods. All gods are fantasy creatures invented by humans. Gods can’t be detected with our human senses because gods don’t exist.

“Perceived mind telepathy”? Well, right, there’s no such thing as telepathy but sometimes people think they are receiving messages from some outside source. They are actually getting some sort of feedback from their own subconscious mind.

Materialism at its best!

“Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.”
[Billions and Billions of Demons - JANUARY 9, 1997 ISSUE]
Richard C. Lewontin

“There is an old saying, "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you will start treating all your problems like a nail.” This quote dates back to 1964 and Abraham Kaplan, whose first wording was actually, "Give a small boy a hammer and he will find that everything he encounters needs a pounding."

Once you view all existence through the prism of materialism, everything is reduced to what can be investigated by matter only.
We know that not all we know and believe in can be reduced to empirical analysis and yet we have come to belief in them by experience.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nothingserious:

Materialism at its best!

“Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.”
Richard C. Lewontin

“There is an old saying, "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you will start treating all your problems like a nail.” This quote dates back to 1964 and Abraham Kaplan, whose first wording was actually, "Give a small boy a hammer and he will find that everything he encounters needs a pounding."

Once you view all existence through the prism of materialism, everything is reduced to what can be investigated by matter only.
We know that not all we know and believe in can be reduced to empirical analysis and yet we have come to belief in them by experience.

There is no evidence for supernatural.

There’s no way to say for sure that it exist. Supernatural only exist in the minds those who believe it. Outside of their minds, it can’t be seen or consequential.

People think of the supernatural when they are mentally bereaved of solutions and understanding to a phenomenon. It’s a mentally lazy option to answer questions and solve problems and most times it doesn’t really solve problems. People Just like that mentally strain-less options

Because the human mental strength is weak by default and it takes rigorous steps to empower it, an average human will readily think of supernatural means when he can’t figure solutions. But when you build your brain to reason and think, you can’t jump Or paranormality when you don’t have answers for problems, that’s w mentally weak option that cannot be proven.

This is why supernaturality cannot hold water in courts and sole climes where reason is required. People always have a way of frabricating bogus claims in the name of the supernatural, it’s way institution built on reason and logic can’t take them seriously.ites the and reason pastors scam members, because he knows that his multitude are people who are mentally bereaved of logic and reason to an extinct, they won’t ask him to provide evidence for anything. They will just believe him.

There’s no single problem we can’t point to and verify that has been solved by supernatural means, it’s because such doesn’t exist. It’s hoax and nonsense

It doesn’t matter if you quote Albert Einstein, if what you quote doesn’t have evidence then it’s just his opinion. Hope you get it?
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
If it doesn’t have evidence, it exist only in your head and no one should take you seriously for it.

Your long epistle doesn’t matter. If you claim a god exist then show us evidence else I don’t believe it.
If you can’t provide evidence then keep the beliefs personal, it’s your opinion. Whenever you try to tell me about it, I will ask you to provide evidence.

If you can’t provide evidence, it means you don’t understand your own beliefs yourself. You should be able to substantiate what you believe or it’s new dogma and nonsense.
You probably living in fictions.

I also think someone holding beliefs without evidence is mentally incapacitated

You sure have quite a lot of beliefs, Workch!

I have never asked you to believe anything, as you'd notice if you don't let your beliefs blind you, and I have not made a claim about the existence or not of Gods apart from the fact the God Book many read has it written in there that no one has ever seen God, which I am not asking you to believe because you can very easily pick up the book and read it there for yourself instead of ignorantly believing me.

Anyone asking anyone to believe anything, even with evidence, is mentally incapacitated, is what I think, and those blinded by their beliefs even moreso. Go read the story of how incapacitated believing Adam is written to have been before Eve saved his sorry ass and you might get that beliefs blind, and those selling it are enslaving, but I guess I'll wait till you abandon your beliefs and can see.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

I have never asked you to believe anything, as you'd notice if you don't let your beliefs blind you, and I have not made a claim about the existence or not of Gods apart from the fact the God Book many read has it written in there that no one has ever seen God, which I am not asking you to believe because you can very easily pick up the book and read it there for yourself instead of ignorantly believing me.

Anyone asking anyone to believe anything, even with evidence, is mentally incapacitated, is what I think, and those blinded by their beliefs even moreso. Go read the story of how incapacitated believing Adam is written to have been before Eve saved his sorry ass and you might get that beliefs blind, and those selling it are enslaving, but I guess I'll wait till you abandon your beliefs and can see.
Anyone who believes stuffs without evidence is a gullible person.

It’s always morally wrong to believe stuffs without evidence.
It’s a precursor for gullibility, it’s prone to errors and it demeans the intelligence of the person.

Anyone who believes stuffs without evidence should not be taken seriously. Such person is capable of making bad decisions as a result of multiply mirages in his head.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

God still doesn’t exist in my mind unless I see evidence that he does.

Its always right to ask for evidence to know the truth
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
BassReeves:
If truly and really, according to you the bible is full of lies then you shouldn't have difficulties listing 5 lies that the bible is full of

I am sure that you do have faith in the law of gravity but thats besides the point.

The point is, in the spiritual realm, faith is the currency that human beings use in exchanges of things of value in God’s Kingdom such as salvation, healing, deliverance, peace, prosperity etc

As a matter of fact, without faith, it is impossible to believe the existence of God.

Workch:
There is no evidence for supernatural.

There’s no way to say for sure that it exist. Supernatural only exist in the minds those who believe it. Outside of their minds, it can’t be seen or consequential.

People think of the supernatural when they are mentally bereaved of solutions and understanding to a phenomenon. It’s a mentally lazy option to answer questions and solve problems and most times it doesn’t really solve problems. People Just like that mentally strain-less options

Because the human mental strength is weak by default and it takes rigorous steps to empower it, an average human will readily think of supernatural means when he can’t figure solutions. But when you build your brain to reason and think, you can’t jump Or paranormality when you don’t have answers for problems, that’s w mentally weak option that cannot be proven.

This is why supernaturality cannot hold water in courts and sole climes where reason is required. People always have a way of frabricating bogus claims in the name of the supernatural, it’s way institution built on reason and logic can’t take them seriously.ites the and reason pastors scam members, because he knows that his multitude are people who are mentally bereaved of logic and reason to an extinct, they won’t ask him to provide evidence for anything. They will just believe him.

There’s no single problem we can’t point to and verify that has been solved by supernatural means, it’s because such doesn’t exist. It’s hoax and nonsense

It doesn’t matter if you quote Albert Einstein, if what you quote doesn’t have evidence then it’s just his opinion. Hope you get it?
Faith is like WiFi. It's invisible, and also has the power to connect you to what you need. Recall during our exchanges, when I advanced you that faith is a currency

The existence of God is not subjective. You, Albert Einstein, and whatnot can have your own opinions. But you can't have your own facts. I am sure you know, agree and accept that opinions change in the face of facts

Fact #1:
God does not exist because people believe God exists but rather, God, simply, exist, whether people believe in God or not, so its inconsequential you gagging for tangible and/or considerable empirical evidence to support the existence of God

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
BassReeves:

Faith is like WiFi. It's invisible, and also has the power to connect you to what you need. Recall during our exchanges, when I advanced you that faith is a currency

The existence of God is not subjective. You, Albert Einstein, and whatnot can have your own opinions. But you can't have your own facts. I am sure you know, agree and accept that opinions change in the face of facts

Fact #1:
God does not exist because people believe God exists but rather, God, simply, exist, whether people believe in God or not, so its inconsequential you gagging for tangible and/or considerable empirical evidence to support the existence of God
We are arguing because you have no evidence of the existence of your god.
If you provide one evidence, this debate will end.

That’s how powerful evidence is. It’s ends long and unnecessary arguments.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
BassReeves:
Well established scientific studies, with every new discoveries found, with every new discoveries made etc are doing catching up, are ever getting changed and are ever getting updated, with previous assertions being discarded

Argument is an exchange of ignorance. Fortunately I have no ignorance, to exchange for your ignorance, that would put me be in a position to argue with you. So, if you did have time for arguments, you'll simply be arguing with yourself, because I dont have any ignorance on the subject matter I am discussing with you and so I cant do arguments.

How I just do my thing, simply is, by putting down a straight stick(s) and lay it alongside every crooked sticks you pull out and have laid down on the ground

Workch:
We are arguing because you have no evidence of the existence of your god.
If you provide one evidence, this debate will end.

That’s how powerful evidence is. It’s ends long and unnecessary arguments.
Just a friendly reminder that I don't do arguments

You missed the memo, so I reiterate that the existence of God is not subjective. You, Albert Einstein, and whatnot can have your own opinions, but you, Albert Einstein, and whatnot, can't have your own facts. I am sure you know, agree and accept that, opinions change in the face of facts, so I present to you fact #1

Fact #1:
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nothingserious:

Materialism at its best!

Richard C. Lewontin

This is funny. I'll explain.

"Acceptance of claims" means, to believe, and anyone who does that has not at all done science, which means, use your senses, which is why a true scientific claim must be testable and repeatable, as Workch claimed. What's funny is that you and he are arguing for the exact same approach to living but would never notice, I bet, which is, believe the right thing.

Science is not about belief. Science is about you using your own senses to test to determine the truth. Its why so much is written about Christ opening people's eyes so that they may see, and once you learn to use your eyes, your heart and soul and mind might work too. Christ, in that sense, was a scientist. And he wasn't scripturally the first. Presented in the story of the Garden of Eden is Adam believing that which was shown to be untrue by use her senses Eve

"Seek and you shall find", someone is once written to have said, and not "let someone else seek for you and you just believe what they tell you to". Only a mentally incapacitated individual, to borrow a phrase, and a slave, would believe what they are told instead of what they perceive with their own 'Jesus' opened eyes. Such people remain enslaved and naked in Eden as opposed to use her senses to free herself and her man from slavery Eve, whom we read did not "surely die" on the day that they ate, but went on to become self employed and populated the earth.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
BassReeves:

Just a friendly reminder that I don't do arguments

You missed the memo, so I reiterate that the existence of God is not subjective. You, Albert Einstein, and whatnot can have your own opinions, but you, Albert Einstein, and whatnot, can't have your own facts. I am sure you know, agree and accept that, opinions change in the face of facts, so I present to you fact #1

Fact #1:
If there’s no evidence for his existence, god is just an equivalence of Spider-Man and Flying Spaghetti Monster
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
God still doesn’t exist in my mind unless I see evidence that he does.

Its always right to ask for evidence to know the truth

It's your mind, Workch. Don't let it be filled by others.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

This is funny. I'll explain.

"Acceptance of claims" means, to believe, and anyone who does that has not at all done science, which means, use your senses, which is why a true scientific claim must be testable and repeatable, as Workch claimed. What's funny is that you and he are arguing for the exact same approach to living but would never notice, I bet, which is, believe the right thing.

Science is not about belief. Science is about you using your own senses to test to determine the truth. Its why so much is written about Christ opening people's eyes so that they may see, and once you learn to use your eyes, your heart and soul and mind might work too. Christ, in that sense, was a scientist. And he wasn't scripturally the first. Presented in the story of the Garden of Eden is Adam believing that which was shown to be untrue by use her senses Eve

"Seek and you shall find", someone is once written to have said, and not "let someone else seek for you and you just believe what they tell you to". Only a mentally incapacitated individual, to borrow a phrase, and a slave, would believe what they are told instead of what they perceive with their own 'Jesus' opened eyes. Such people remain enslaved and naked in Eden as opposed to use her senses to free herself and her man from slavery Eve, whom we read did not "surely die" on the day that they ate, but went on to become self employed and populated the earth.
I think you are straining yourself a lot.
Without evidence, a god claim is equivalent to Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Flying unicorn.

No reasonable person should take those claims seriously especially when they use them to tell you how to live your life.

I still need evidence that god exist. That’s the only way of establishing the truth and we will keep demanding it
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

It's your mind, Workch. Don't let it be filled by others.
We still need evidence to verify all the bogus religious claims elder none happened.
They should keep it to themselves
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
Anyone who believes stuffs without evidence is a gullible person.

It’s always morally wrong to believe stuffs without evidence.
It’s a precursor for gullibility, it’s prone to errors and it demeans the intelligence of the person.

Anyone who believes stuffs without evidence should not be taken seriously. Such person is capable of making bad decisions as a result of multiply mirages in his head.

I agree. Unfortunately, many people believe a lot of stuff without evidence, and many even believe the opposite of what the evidence suggests.

I mean, see you believing that I am asking you to believe when I myself find beliefs to be anti-use one's brain and toxic.

Should I stop taking you serious, Workch?
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

I agree. Unfortunately, many people believe a lot of stuff without evidence, and many even believe the opposite of what the evidence suggests.

I mean, see you believing that I am asking you to believe when I myself find beliefs to be anti-use one's brain and toxic.

Should I stop taking you serious, Workch?
Still doesn’t mean you should say thing without evidence.

Present the evidence first, most intelligent people don’t deny evidence. Trust me.

It doesn’t matter how many antivaxxers we have, it doesn’t stop public institutions from giving it out. It doesn’t mean that they won’t mandate it somehow. Evidence always prevails, it doesn’t matter how much denial it’s got.

We have seen that om many occasions
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
We still need evidence to verify all the bogus religious claims elder none happened.
They should keep it to themselves

Typical believing religious bigotted behaviour!

Why should they keep it to themselves? Can't you just stick your finger in your ears so you instead don't hear them instead of going taliban on those you'd rather not hear?
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
Still doesn’t mean you should say thing without evidence.

The above is like saying I should not be mentally incapacitated if I so want to be.

Are you perhaps trying to save me with a "thou shalt not say things without evidence"? It would be funny that you who doesn't like to be told how to live would be laying down how I should live.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

Typical believing religious bigotted behaviour!

Why should they keep it to themselves? Can't you just stick your finger in your ears so you instead don't hear them instead of going taliban on those you'd rather not hear?

Your claims are inaccurate, you create stuffs from thing air then make a conclusion. It’s a deduction problem.

I don’t care what you believe, I don’t care if you want to hold beliefs. If you want those beliefs to influence my life then you have to give me evidence if they are true else I will dismiss it for what was claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

You can make your faulty deductive argument and commit the fallacy of whataboutism all you like by calling it a bigoted religious behaviors. It’s your opinion

An extraordinary claim of a almighty god, needs an extraordinary evidence.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

The above is like saying I should not be mentally incapacitated if I so want to be.

Are you perhaps trying to save me with a "thou shalt not say things without evidence"? It would be funny that you who doesn't like to be told how to live would be laying down how I should live.
You can become mentally incapacitated if you want.

But evidence will be demanded when it affect important matters. You are safe if you keep it to yourself
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
If there’s no evidence for his existence, god is just an equivalence of Spider-Man and Flying Spaghetti Monster
With and/or without evidence, God, simply, exist.

It is blasphemous to say God is just an equivalence of Spider-Man and Flying Spaghetti Monster

Spider-Man is a Marvel comics, cartoon, TV and film character while Flying Spaghetti Monster, is a deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
BassReeves:
With and/or without evidence, God, simply, exist.

It is blasphemous to say God is just an equivalence of Spider-Man and Flying Spaghetti Monster

Spider-Man is a Marvel comics, cartoon, TV and film character while Flying Spaghetti Monster, is a deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism,
It’s blasphemous to also say that Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t exist.

God is a biblical comic and he was described by Stone Age individuals who didn’t know how the universe operate. Little wonder the book full of unrealistic events and narratives.
Extraordinary claims that cannot be backed by evidence.

If you don’t like evidence then you are hiding something
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
I think you are straining yourself a lot.
Without evidence, a god claim is equivalent to Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Flying unicorn.

No reasonable person should take those claims seriously especially when they use them to tell you how to live your life.

I still need evidence that god exist. That’s the only way of establishing the truth and we will keep demanding it

Please stop denigrating the Spaghetti Monster. You are new here so might not quite know how revered he happens to be.

I have never made the claim you believe I have made and you are demanding what those you demand it from can not give you Workch, and the fact you are demanding it from them shows you don't want to or can't know or you'll be searching in the right place.

That said, I suspect you are still at an age where you are being told how to live your life. Once you grow past this stage people might begin to trust you have enough knowledge to live your life how you want, but more important is that you trust yourself. It's after all your life. Tell those who lack faith in you knowing how to live your life to go do one! No one should be undermining you like that!
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

Please stop denigrating the Spaghetti Monster. You are new here so might not quite know how revered he happens to be.

I have never made the claim you believe I have made and you are demanding what those you demand it from can not give you Workch, and the fact you are demanding it from them shows you don't want to or can't know or you'll be searching in the right place.

That said, I suspect you are still at an age where you are being told how to live your life. Once you grow past this stage people might begin to trust you have enough knowledge to live your life how you want, but more important is that you trust yourself. It's after all your life. Tell those who lack faith in you knowing how to live your life to go do one! No one should be undermining you like that!
Its doesn’t mean that the biblical god exist.
His existence can only be established with evidence.
Until then, he’s an equivalence of Spider-Man and more accurately the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

That’s at least logically correct on the basis of lack of evidence
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

You are funny grin
Religion when allowed to peddle funny beliefs freely will amount to the likes of Afghanistan.

Religion will affect your life irrespective of your age if you allow it grow. It will make important decision for you if you allow them peddle it especially if allowed into state affairs.

We have seen this happening and happened in history
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
You can become mentally incapacitated if you want.

But evidence will be demanded when it affect important matters. You are safe if you keep it to yourself

This is not an important matter workch. No one cares what crap anyone chooses to create in their heads and believe even if they do not keep it to themselves, as you'll find this out in due time.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

This is not an important matter workch. No one cares what crap anyone chooses to create in their heads and believe even if they do not keep it to themselves, as you'll find this out in due time.
We care, and that’s why it’s a debate in secular countries. Are you deliberately ignoring this?

Maybe you should go talk to hisbah in Kano or go publicly sell beer in Sokoto. You will understand what we are saying cheesy
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
You are funny grin
Religion when allowed peddle funny beliefs freely with amount to the likes of Afghanistan.

Religion will affect your life irrespective of your age if you allow it grow. It will make important decision for you if you allow them peddle it especially if allowed into state affairs.

We have seen this happening and happened in history.

Religion. A new word in our discourse. Are you aware that you are a religious person? If not, check how religiously you've been posting here then let me know how it has affected your life irrespective of your age. It would be interesting to know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongues? / 20 Babies Delivered At The Redemption Camp / Inspiring Women Of Faith Ebooks Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.