Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,021 members, 7,828,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist (9132 Views)

Does God Exist? / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. / Charles Omole: Biodun Fatoyinbo May Not Be Convicted, Busola Has No Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

You made 9 claims
BUT
You are still disturbed about them to a point you require MY proof as YOUR EVIDENCE!
This is pathetic!

No one asked you for any claim: you of your own volition did
Unfortunately, your 9 claims didn't give you any closure: for without me, you are NOTHING
I made no claim, you called them claims because you are unwilling to provide evidence for your god.

Don’t be hard on yourself.

God doesn’t exist, if he does then prove it

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
Because we don’t have Superman worshiper disturbing us everyday, trying to tell us how to live our lives. Banging on our doors in the name of evangelism.

We don’t have Superman worshippers trying to influence the state policies with their beliefs.

We don’t have Superman worshippers telling us that we will rot in hell if we don’t adopt their beliefs. A hell that they haven’t provide evidence for.

We don’t have Superman supporters scamming people on pulpit.

Now you get it right?
If you don’t want dispute, you guys need to learn how to keep those ridiculous beliefs to yourselves.
Go and sleep.
God will alway haunt you with the nagging feeling you just have to daily oppose to feel at ease.
Sorry!

I dont worry about your believes. You can believe you dont exist for all I care!

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
Maybe we will stop making you angry by stop saying it to your face if you lots can just keep your unsubstantiated beliefs to yourself and not let us hear them everyday.

If you can’t keep it to yourself then be ready to face people like us. It’s simple

God still doesn’t exist just like Batman and Spider-Man until you provide evidence that he does.
I still watch Mavin Superheros, I dont loose my sleep over them unlike you.

Sorry. Till you die, its a question that will haunt you.
Youll never have the closure you need.
You cant lie to your spirit

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
You made the god claim you provide evidence.
I can’t look for evidence for something I know doesn’t exist because of lack of evidence. I can’t look for evidence for Batman, god and Flying Spaghetti Monster.

No evidence that any of them exist. Total waste of resources and time finding them grin
Why is the thought of God then disturbing you?

Sorry, you need a closure!?

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

I still watch Mavin Superheros, I dont loose my sleep over them unlike you.

Sorry. Till you die, its a question that will haunt you.
Youll never have the closure you need.
You cant lie to your spirit
You Dont have to lose sleep over it because they don’t force the beliefs on you and make it seem like it’s real blindly.

Christian do that and that’s why we will remind them that they have no evidence for their beliefs

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
I have absolutely nothing to find evidence for.

I don’t believe it and I won’t waste time looking of it. Same way I don’t have to look for Spider-Man or Batman.
Aren't you lying to yourself?
What then is an atheist looking for in the RELIGIOUS section of Nairaland?
Are you a religious atheist?

2 Likes

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

Why is the thought of God then disturbing you?

Sorry, you need a closure!?
thought of god disturbing me? grin

That’s like saying the thought of Superman disturbs me.

You are the scared person here, you think you will go to hell if you don’t worship a celestial dictator. grin

You hope to make his celestial North Korea someday. It’s your delusion and it disturbs you cheesy

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

Aren't you lying to yourself?
What then is an atheist looking for in the RELIGIOUS section of Nairaland?
Are you a religious atheist?
To make religious people angry grin

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
You Dont have to lose sleep over it because they don’t force the beliefs on you and make it seem like it’s real blindly.

Christian do that and that’s why we will remind them that they have no evidence for their beliefs
You aren't a baby, so how can someone force his believes about God on you?
Since you turned yourself into a glorified atheist, have you been kidnapped and detained by muslims to convert to islam?

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
thought of god disturbing me? grin

That’s like saying the thought of Superman disturbs me.

You are the scared person here, you think you will go to hell if you don’t worship a celestial dictator. grin

You hope to make his celestial North Korea someday. It’s your delusion and it disturbs you cheesy
Of course the thought of God is disturbing you. Otherwise, you would have written posts on Superman, Batman, Santa Clause etc. But no. Every day it is only rebelling against an imaginary God that gives you the kick.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

You aren't a baby, so how can someone force his believes about God on you?
Since you turned yourself into a glorified atheist, have you been kidnapped and detained by muslims to convert to islam?
If we allow you guys, you will get us back to the medieval era of Ancient Rome and other antiquities.

We have to contain you religious zealots and cut your wings. We can’t have have you start thinking you can kill us for heresy like you did before science and development started establishing some sanity.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

Of course the thought of God is disturbing you. Otherwise, you would have written posts on Superman, Batman, Santa Clause etc. But no. Every day it is only rebelling against an imaginary God that gives you the kick.
I am not the person scared of making hell, it’s you.

I’m not the person scared of an imaginary enemy called Satan. It’s you.

You live a very scared life. Because you have been made to believe that you have celestial purposes.

I don’t want to be you grin

2 Likes

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
To make religious people angry grin
As you can see, no one is angry with you.
You failed isnt it?
No one is even obliging you: people have only asked YOU to back up your claims with objective facts> QED

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

As you can see, no one is angry with you.
You failed isnt it?
No one is even obliging you: people have only asked YOU to back up your claims with objective facts> QED
I can’t see anything but I am sure that religious people don’t like when they are been asked for evidence.

I’m sure you don’t like that as well grin, it’s working grin

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2021
Workch:
I not the person scared of making hell, it’s you.

I’m not the person scared of an imaginary enemy called Satan. It’s you.

You live a very scared life. Because you have been made to believe that you have celestial purposes.

I don’t want to be you grin
Se , no one has threatened you with hell, no one has threatened you with satan but in your head, you wish that is what those who believe in God will threaten you with. Sorry dear!

Your shadows are chasing you about. When will you find rest?

I rest my case on this your thread as you opened a thread, made unsubstantiated claims and expect others to supply the substance of the claims.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2021
TenQ:

Se , no one has threatened you with hell, no one has threatened you with satan but in your head, you wish that is what those who believe in God will threaten you with. Sorry dear!

Your shadows are chasing you about. When will you find rest?

I rest my case on this your thread as you opened a thread, made unsubstantiated claims and expect others to supply the substance of the claims.
You rest your case without any evidence that your god exist and tomorrow we will still ask you the same question.

You should be ashamed of yourself that you lack the mental capabilities to question stuffs and always be skeptical until truth is established.
You believe it anyways, evidence or no evidence. You are incapable of probing it and standing your ground on the demand for evidence. You just believe because you are gullible and you will be manipulated.
Shame on you

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by hupernikao: 12:27am On Sep 21, 2021
Myer:

Copacetic.lol
Trust you're doing great brother.

What distinguished Moses, David, Daniel, Elijah, Jesus, Peter, Paul and the other Apostles?

It was not their words or vastness with scriptures alone but the Presence and Power of the Holyspirit manifesting in and through them which was validated in signs and wonders.

This is not even meant to be debated.

You are missing my point and seems to mixed it too.

I can't disprove the fact of the evidence of the supernatural power by the spirit of God upon and through all those you listed and even in believers today.

But my point is, the scriptures you used for such reference of power isn't what is being taught in that very scriptures. There are other scriptures who evidently outline God's power working through men, but 1 Cor 2 teaching is not one of them. 1 Cor 2 when read properly and in context is speaking about the preaching of the gospel as God's power to save, and God's wisdom to confound the wise. Read together with chapter 1.

1 Cor 2:13 is pivotal to the chapter.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The teaching by the Holy Ghost through him.

Remember it's a letter and must be read together, he already said earlier in

1 Cor 2:18
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Also in verse 23-24
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ (the preaching of Christ) the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

*color emphasis is mine.

So, the focus of 1 Cor 2:4 is rightly to be interpreted as in the preaching of the gospel we see the demonstration of Spirit power, which is the gospel of faith in men.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Originalsly: 12:34am On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
The Invisible Pink Unicorn did it.

You can’t see it because it’s Invisible, you cannot confirm it’s colour because she’s Invisible but it exists. If you have faith that it does then it will reveal itself to you.

Hmmmm..... so how do you prove it exists?... and the colour since it's invisible?

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by BassReeves: 3:54am On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
Which god?

Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Nope, not Flying Spaghetti Monster nor even Lying Spaghetti Monster. They are impastas, but thats one place to start from, for you.

You got it? Hope you got the impastas, imposters joke.

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Myer(m): 7:15am On Sep 21, 2021
hupernikao:

You are missing my point and seems to mixed it too.

I can't disprove the fact of the evidence of the supernatural power by the spirit of God upon and through all those you listed and even in believers today.

But my point is, the scriptures you used for such reference of power isn't what is being taught in that very scriptures. There are other scriptures who evidently outline God's power working through men, but 1 Cor 2 teaching is not one of them. 1 Cor 2 when read properly and in context is speaking about the preaching of the gospel as God's power to save, and God's wisdom to confound the wise. Read together with chapter 1.

1 Cor 2:13 is pivotal to the chapter.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The teaching by the Holy Ghost through him.

Remember it's a letter and must be read together, he already said earlier in

1 Cor 2:18
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Also in verse 23-24
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ (the preaching of Christ) the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

*color emphasis is mine.

So, the focus of 1 Cor 2:4 is rightly to be interpreted as in the preaching of the gospel we see the demonstration of Spirit power, which is the gospel of faith in men.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

Now I do not dispute the fact that it was the word of God that he preached. I'm simply letting you know that the word was backed by the Power of the Holyspirit confirming the word in supernatural manifestations viz healings, conversions, speaking in tongues with interpretations, etc.

Does the bible record that Jesus and the Apostles had followers and converts through display of signs and wonders or not?

If it were only for salvation then even the Quran and other holy books have produced salvation/conversion.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2021
TenQ:

I agree perfectly with you.
He want to convince himself that he is correct by endlessly picking up arguments. Unfortunately for him, God cannot be argued with scientific arguments. God is not a laboratory chemical nor laboratory object nor laboratory organism.

For an atheist to feel relevant and important, he needs to argue against that with whom he has no answer.

They are scared thinking they are not safe but in order to feel secure they want to convince everyone around through arguments that God doesn't exist. But after trying all forms of arguments they're now turning to mockery and ridicule.

If all religionists decide to ignore them by typing "Thank you" to any forms of mockery or ridiculous threads from atheists they will turn to rage! Proverbs 17:14 compare to 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9 smiley
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2021
Originalsly:

Hmmmm..... so how do you prove it exists?... and the colour since it's invisible?
We can’t prove it, same as your god. You should have asked your pastors same question about your god.

You just have to believe it anyways
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Originalsly: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:

We can’t prove it, same as your god. You should have asked your pastors same question about your god.

You just have to believe it anyways

Hmmm..... didn't you say gods don't exist? ... and what written claim is there about your god?... or is it a fantasy of your mind?
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2021
Originalsly:

Hmmm..... didn't you say gods don't exist? ... and what written claim is there about your god?... or is it a fantasy of your mind?

The thoughts of their hearts could be difficult to discern {Jeremiah 17:9} but when you carefully read and diligently study the Bible book of Genesis 3:1-5 you will grasp the intention of their hearts! Hebrews 4:12 smiley

According to the Oxford Dictionary the title "GOD" connotes "a Supreme Being" most people don't want to agree with the idea or concept of someone who is Supreme as in knowing better than they do about how they should live and deal with their fellowman. Genesis 2:17
Each person just want to set his/her own standard forgetting that there will always be frictions whenever there is disagreement in opinions.

So the only way to make LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign among humans is the concept of the Supreme Being who is the Wisest Counselor. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Satan (one of God's spirit sons) thought he could successfully rule the human race after debunking the concept of a Supreme Being {Genesis 3:1-5} but after thousands of years it's now becoming obvious that Satan's effort to rule humans has been a complete failure. That's why the overall team of the Bible is about God's Kingdom or God's Government! Matthew 3:2; 4:17; 10:7

Satan used False Religion to complicate issues that's why atheists are thinking they've gotten better thinking skills than believers! smiley

1 Like

Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by budaatum: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
I don’t believe he exist because you have not provided evidence that he does. Simple

You don't need evidence in order to believe anything. One just need take the advise the Queen gave Alice.

budaatum:

"I can't believe that!" said Alice.

"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There

I'd ask you though to consider the merit of emulating demons, despite the lots of "believe" in the Bible. If you tried to understand (your own reading, as opposed to what you are being told to believe), you might profit from your reading.

To those who accept the challenge of providing evidence for God, I hope you understand that you are being asked for an image of God, which you must have read no one has ever seen, and that you should be [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%204%3A24&version=NKJV]worshipping in spirit and in truth[/url], to wit the correct and appropriate response is, "it is written, '"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them'". Unless your God is already a graven image, like the Bible you believe or are asking others to believe in instead of understand.

If your God is not an image, you'd thank God for letting you know God in Spirit, and the love and compassion gained from such love is what you'd abundantly spread so that when your Godly influenced conduct is seen, some might ask, where you stay, and perhaps decide to learn from you instead of merely believe you.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by hupernikao: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2021
Myer:

Now I do not dispute the fact that it was the word of God that he preached. I'm simply letting you know that the word was backed by the Power of the Holyspirit confirming the word in supernatural manifestations viz healings, conversions, speaking in tongues with interpretations, etc.

Does the bible record that Jesus and the Apostles had followers and converts through display of signs and wonders or not?

If it were only for salvation then even the Quran and other holy books have produced salvation/conversion.

grin

Bro, you know my convictions, you know I won't because of trying to defend signs and wonders and then manipulate or mix up scriptures.

The proper interpretation of the scriptures is the life saver of even the documentation and understanding of the signs and wonders in the same scriptures.

So, my point is, yes we truly have signs and wonders all through the scriptures. The story of the scriptures is not complete and the message of salvation cannot be affirmed with out the signs and wonders as seen in the scriptures.

But YOU CANNOT use a scriptures that isn't speaking about signs and wonders to teach signs and wonders. You will cause more harm to the scriptures for misinterpretation. We must seek to always use the right scriptures for the right purpose. That's what I am pointing out here.

The message of Christ was/is confirmed by signs and wonders, yet the authority of the inspired scriptures must be maintained in explaining these miraculous events.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

They are scared thinking they are not safe but in order to feel secure they want to convince everyone around through arguments that God doesn't exist. But after trying all forms of arguments they're now turning to mockery and ridicule.

If all religionists decide to ignore them by typing "Thank you" to any forms of mockery or ridiculous threads from atheists they will turn to rage! Proverbs 17:14 compare to 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9 smiley
Religionists are people who focus on activities and doctrines rather than building a true relationship of love with God.

Anyone whose name is not found in the book of life is thrown into the lake of fire: this is the second death. This is a bitter pill for them to swallow. They feel that the truth can be drowned out by insisting on their rebellious chants and craving a large following. A punishment is easier to serve when in a large of offenders.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by TenQ: 11:58am On Sep 21, 2021
Workch:
You rest your case without any evidence that your god exist and tomorrow we will still ask you the same question.

You should be ashamed of yourself that you lack the mental capabilities to question stuffs and always be skeptical until truth is established.
You believe it anyways, evidence or no evidence. You are incapable of probing it and standing your ground on the demand for evidence. You just believe because you are gullible and you will be manipulated.
Shame on you
Workch:

1. The Bible is not evidence, it’s a claim.

2. Miracles are not evidence, they are claims or products of ignorance.

3. Creatures are not evidence, we know how a lot of them got here.

4. Bible and Quran passages are full of lies and unsubstantiated claims.
5. Their stories directly oppose reality and sometimes very laughable and can never be proven to be true, all lies and no single evidence.

6. There are no gods. All gods are fantasy creatures invented by humans.
7. Gods can’t be detected with our human senses because gods don’t exist.

“Perceived mind telepathy”?
8. Well, right, there’s no such thing as telepathy but sometimes people think they are receiving messages from some outside source.
9. They are actually getting some sort of feedback from their own subconscious mind.
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
Originalsly:

The only god that exist if the Invisible Pink Unicorn
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
[s]
TenQ:

Workch:

1. The Bible is not evidence, it’s a claim.

2. Miracles are not evidence, they are claims or products of ignorance.

3. Creatures are not evidence, we know how a lot of them got here.

4. Bible and Quran passages are full of lies and unsubstantiated claims.
5. Their stories directly oppose reality and sometimes very laughable and can never be proven to be true, all lies and no single evidence.

6. There are no gods. All gods are fantasy creatures invented by humans.
7. Gods can’t be detected with our human senses because gods don’t exist.

“Perceived mind telepathy”?
8. Well, right, there’s no such thing as telepathy but sometimes people think they are receiving messages from some outside source.
9. They are actually getting some sort of feedback from their own subconscious mind.
[/s] your god doesn’t exist because you have no evidence. I don’t believe he exist
Re: There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist by Workch: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
budaatum:

You don't need evidence in order to believe anything. One just need take the advise the Queen gave Alice.

I'd ask you though to consider the merit of emulating demons, despite the lots of "believe" in the Bible. If you tried to understand (your own reading, as opposed to what you are being told to believe), you might profit from your reading.

To those who accept the challenge of providing evidence for God, I hope you understand that you are being asked for an image of God, which you must have read no one has ever seen, and that you should be [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%204%3A24&version=NKJV]worshipping in spirit and in truth[/url], to wit the correct and appropriate response is, "it is written, '"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them'". Unless your God is already a graven image, like the Bible you believe or are asking others to believe in instead of understand.

If your God is not an image, you'd thank God for letting you know God in Spirit, and the love and compassion gained from such love is what you'd abundantly spread so that when your Godly influenced conduct is seen, some might ask, where you stay, and perhaps decide to learn from you instead of merely believe you.
Your are right, you don’t need evidence to believe anything.
Because you believe it doesn’t mean it’s true. You need to understand that some of us are skeptics and our belief is strongly attached to evidence. It doesn’t matter who said whatever, if the evidence cannot be rationalized then it doesn’t hold water.

I can also believe that unicorns exist, it doesn’t mean that they do exist. To find out if they exist, evidence will make that difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Inspiring Women Of Faith Ebooks Collection / The True Identity Of Catholic Mary / 12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.