Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? (8725 Views)

My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu / I Have Total Confidence Osinbajo Will Succeed Buhari - Senator Kabiru Gaya / Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by JaceBlaze: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
newbornmacho:
Just wondering

If Nigeria balkanizes, which country could take over as the most powerful black nation on earth?

Note that south Africa is not really a country built by blacks and for blacks and their negritude is in doubt.

Could Ethiopia?

Could any of the breakaway republics from Nigeria succeed in doing this?

Could biafra?

Could the yoruba nation team up with their kin in Benin and Togo to create a mega yoruba nation?

I'm thinking of cultural dominance, music and the arts, scientific advancement, economy , military.

Or will the black world have no more giants but become an inconsequential bloc of the world?

Well seeing that Nigeria's giant of Africa title is mainly attributed to its overpopulation and not industrialization,technology and infrastructural development I can confidently affirm that we will never be the giant of Africa.And to be honest we never really cared about this giant ooga-booger-empty chest-beating slogan. grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ovamboland:

South Africa remains the world most unequal country with the whites at the top of the food chain.

That's why you have a large horde of blacks poverty stricken and ever ready to loot immigrants shops. Majority up to 95% of the 35% unemployed workforce in SA are blacks

U speak as if 50 years of apartheid never occured and that SA was not colonised for over 350 years. I'll blame it on your ignorance. Sorry to burst your bubble but there's been considerable progress since. Not my fault you chose to ignore all the facts I hit u with earlier. I guess they pained u too much to digest them.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:

lol

and so

Dangote a Nigerian is the richest black man in the world
yet Nigeria is poor

I personally consider the word "tribe insultive

How are u gonna compare one man, Dangote, with a community of 300,000 people who are called the world's richest tribe? U said SA blacks would turn the country to Somalia and I'm showing you're dead wrong.

Let me hit u with this again...

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by Captain8(m): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
newbornmacho:

I'm not sure biafra is really landlocked
biafra is the biggest landlocked place on this earth....
they can't move by sea...they can't move by land because cameroon and midle belt blocked them from moving.....
they can only moved by air
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by Captain8(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:
hmm

it's good to be optimistic
no..not matter of uptimistic but reality..... only if you can reason deeply, you will understand it.....
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Of the top 10 richest men in SA only one is black. What does that tell you?

It's generational wealth, what do u expect? Most of those guys own multinationals established in the early 1900s.

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by MeinFuhrer: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
I think hausa/fulani country or yoruba country because hausa/fulani are the largest and strongest in Africa and are good farmers, Yoruba because they might be conning and betrayals but they love technology, agriculture and finance. Plus the evil nig yorubas build sexy war tanks and boats in war state (ogun state) grin. I like ProForce.

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
newbornmacho:

You keep mistaking heading agencies for being the boss. No sir. Our daughter is leading the wto, another daughter is deputy sec gen of the un . Please understand that our greatness lies in our dominance of everything african. Our influence is felt on every nation of the earth. People know Davido more than your au commission leader

Does Davido even pay taxes in Nigeria? I wonder whether you've even benefitted from a single dime of his. Did u miss the part I proved SA's entertainment industry is more than twice as rich as Nigeria's even though we don't have Nollywood or WizKid? Your artists are clearly earning peanuts considering u have 4 times the population of SA grin grin

As always u missed the point completely. The guy said Nigeria is the political leader in Africa and I disputed that with African posts. And those posts are contested just as the WTO post is contested. So please be sober when quoting me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:

I personally consider the word "tribe insultive

It's since been destigmatized. Watch CNN and see how they use it all the time to describe the divisions in their politics.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by OfoIgbo: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
Captain8:
certainly IJAW REPUBLIC will take over as the next giant of africa

When Bayelsa is currently bankrupt as I write.
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by OfoIgbo: 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ikenga Republic is likely to replace Nigeria as the giant of Africa.

If not, then it will be Lower Niger Republic or Biafra
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by Captain8(m): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
OfoIgbo:

When Bayelsa is currently bankrupt as I write.
na you bankrupt am? mumu dotian
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by KingCold: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2021
newbornmacho:
Just wondering

If Nigeria balkanizes, which country could take over as the most powerful black nation on earth?

Note that south Africa is not really a country built by blacks and for blacks and their negritude is in doubt.

Could Ethiopia?

Could biafra?

Could the yoruba nation team up with their kin in Benin and Togo to create a mega yoruba nation?

I'm thinking of cultural dominance, music and the arts, scientific advancement, economy , military.

Or will the black world have no more giants but become an inconsequential bloc of the world?
Nigeria was never a giant of africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by KingCold: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ovamboland:

South Africa remains the world most unequal country with the whites at the top of the food chain.

That's why you have a large horde of blacks poverty stricken and ever ready to loot immigrants shops. Majority up to 95% of the 35% unemployed workforce in SA are blacks
The blacks make 80% of the poplulation so it makes sense. the same blacks make the biggest middle class.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by KingCold: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
prosper87:
Nigeria retaining the epithet ''giant of Africa'' remains a subject of controversy since countries like Angola, Rwanda, Botswana and South Africa appear to be the uprising countries. It depends on what aspect we base the epithet ''giant of africa" on; is it politically, economically, demographically?

Firstly, the title was given to Nigeria in political terms because of her impressive role in the decolonisation of her neighbouring countries. So, let's assume it's for political reasons, because economically, Nigeria isn't the giant we expect.

Honestly, Nigeria is really blessed, and in my next life I'll still want to be a Nigerian, but our leaders and us, the citizens have simply lost focus on the main aim of making Nigeria an advanced nation. Now, other Africans now talk down on Nigeria, especially south Africans. It's alright.

Nigeria remains the political giant of africa....
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's since been destigmatized. Watch CNN and see how they use it all the time to describe the divisions in their politics.
nonesense
they didn't use it in the same context

when they call the Catalan in Spain a tribe
when they call the Scottish in the UK a tribe

then I will consider accepting it

the Hausa ethnic group has a population of about 55 million
yet they call them a tribe
Yoruba has about 42 million they call us a tribe
what rubbish?
it's only sub Saharan Africa they call us tribe

and don't bring up that Bible stuff
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by omoharry(f): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
newbornmacho:
Just wondering

Could Ethiopia?

Could biafra?

Ethiopia
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by omoharry(f): 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:
tmksouth

please don't cry bro cheesy

@topic

Egypt is meant to

but they are more Arab than African

south Africa is compromised

Ethiopian wars will stop Ethiopia

well no giant
what about Kenya..?
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

Does Davido even pay taxes in Nigeria? I wonder whether you've even benefitted from a single dime of his. Did u miss the part I proved SA's entertainment industry is more than twice as rich as Nigeria's even though we don't have Nollywood or WizKid? Your artists are clearly earning peanuts considering u have 4 times the population of SA grin grin

As always u missed the point completely. The guy said Nigeria is the political leader in Africa and I disputed that with African posts. And those posts are contested just as the WTO post is contested. So please be sober when quoting me.
with all the money
you release junk "copy the west" kind of movies and amapiano that all sounds the same grin

our artistes earn more than you do
stop yapping trash abeg
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
omoharry:
what about Kenya..?
Kenya? cheesy
Ghana is bigger than Kenya grin
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:
nonesense
they didn't use it in the same context

when they call the Catalan in Spain a tribe
when they call the Scottish in the UK a tribe

then I will consider accepting it

the Hausa ethnic group has a population of about 55 million
yet they call them a tribe
Yoruba has about 42 million they call us a tribe
what rubbish?
it's only sub Saharan Africa they call us tribe

and don't bring up that Bible stuff

Argh dude I couldn't be bothered. Write articles or books and call them tribes as well. Then you'll be even.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
MeinFuhrer:
I think hausa/fulani country or yoruba country because hausa/fulani are the largest and strongest in Africa and are good farmers, Yoruba because they might be conning and betrayals but they love technology, agriculture and finance. Plus the evil nig yorubas build sexy war tanks and boats in war state (ogun state) grin. I like ProForce.
I think I beginning to like you wink

but stop calling Yoruba evil angry

I like the Ogun pun cheesy

tmksouth ṣee what type of arms we produce
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

Argh dude I couldn't be bothered. Write articles or books and call them tribes as well. Then you'll be even.
I hope you won't be bothered if they label you a monkey
since they call animals in their zoo that undecided
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:

with all the money
you release junk "copy the west" kind of movies and amapiano that all sounds the same grin

our artistes earn more than you do
stop yapping trash abeg

Afrobeats also sounds the same to people not familiar with it, so lame attack. SA is a diverse country translated in movies, so I don't know what you're talking about. Facts show SA artists are richer - that's why they don't run to the West to make it big. Same thing applies to our sportsmen.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:

I hope you won't be bothered if they label you a monkey
since they call animals in their zoo that undecided

Obviously one is blatant racism while the other is subtle. There's recourse for someone calling u a monkey, but tribe is murky waters. So use it too to describe their communities and see how they take it.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by omoharry(f): 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

I hope u realise apartheid ended 30 years ago and that it was a global struggle - Nigeria's contribution didn't even amount to 10%. The neighbouring countries going all the way to Zambia and Tanzania deserve far more gratitude than u do. As usual Nigeria just vexing.

If u played such a big role against apartheid how come Nigeria didn't speak at Mandela's memorial service and funeral grin? Our neighbouring countries, Cuba and Russia spoke. Where was our liberator Nigeria?[/b] Stop overstating your role guys, it's pathetic. You are given accolades - you don't give yourself.

The bolded comment makes you an ingrate . Maybe the white were right all along .even the Tanzania & Zambian s that you said helped were not exempted from your xenophobic madness .You black SA are terrible .

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

Afrobeats also sounds the same to people not familiar with it, so lame attack. SA is a diverse country translated in movies, so I don't know what you're talking about. Facts show SA artists are richer - that's why they don't run to the West to make it big. Same thing applies to our sportsmen.
lol
Afrobeats isn't a genre
It's a combination of dozens of ghanian and Nigerian music
SA is translated.....?? meaning?

SA artistes are not richer
Stop talking rubbish cheesy
Which artistes exactly?
Kamo mphela? Nyovest? KG? grin
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
omoharry:
The bolded comment makes you an ingrate . Maybe the white were right all along .even the Tanzania & Zambian s that you said helped were not exempted from your xenophobic madness .You black SA are terrible .

Did u ever see me attack Africans or condone xenophobic attacks on this forum? That part u highlighted shows clearly I don't have a problem with Zambians and Tanzanians and actually appreciate them.

Believe u me if a majority of South Africans attacked foreigners there would be none left in this country. So use your brain sometimes ok darling.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by TMKsouth: 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2021
theInterpreter:
lol
Afrobeats isn't a genre
It's a combination of dozens of ghanian and Nigerian music
SA is translated.....?? meaning?

SA artistes are not richer
Stop talking rubbish cheesy
Which artistes exactly?
Kamo mphela? Nyovest? KG? grin

Here's master KG who's never lived outside SA even for a week.

Davido, Tiwa, WizKid had to go hustle overseas first to be able to afford an uber grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

lol
Do you mean he's never been out of SA? grin

If yes then I'm sorry to him

Wizkid and co where like that until they started worldwide tours grin
Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by BKayy: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
The answer is any country Ndigbo later end up with.
Alaigbo or Biafra

1 Like

Re: Who Will Succeed Nigeria As Giant Of Africa? by theInterpreter: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
TMKsouth:

Davido, Tiwa, WizKid had to go hustle overseas first to be able to afford an uber grin
lol
Davido could buy all that before he was 18 cheesy
Google his wealth grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

NPA Restores Intels’ Service Boat Operation Contract / Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant / PDP Reacts To The Demolition Of Its Secretariat In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.