Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,606 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (888576 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
n
steelie: Did u finally hear from them?..which school did you finally decide to accept an offer?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
steelie: Did u finally hear from them?..which school did you finally decide to accept an offer?
not yet o. they have not even sent me any mail sef...abi dem don forget me?..lol. but am sure dey will soon contact me.
have not made my mind up yet. as i applied to 5 schs n have been accepted in two already n rejected in one. so am still waiting to hear frm htw berlin n tum.
so i used d other admsn letter to apply for block
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
Amanda6: are u 4 undergraduate or masters, because i know most undergraduate need german espectially NC course.

Am doin ma Msc but have knw and helped people with bsc admission it thank God it was successfull...but fully english taught prog ooooo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Amanda6(f): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
topeajis:

Am doin ma Msc but have knw and helped people with bsc admission it thank God it was successfull...but fully english taught prog ooooo
okay danke, ich geh' jetzt schlafen. Gute nacht.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 11:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
ganasy:
not yet o. they have not even sent me any mail sef...abi dem don forget me?..lol. but am sure dey will soon contact me.
have not made my mind up yet. as i applied to 5 schs n have been accepted in two already n rejected in one. so am still waiting to hear frm htw berlin n tum.
so i used d other admsn letter to apply for block
yea they will..my campus is in freising, was wondering if thats your destination too.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Amanda6(f): 7:29am On Aug 04, 2013
Are there churches in germany? I no its funny but just answer pls
Re: German Embassy And Visa by 4lashadey: 7:34am On Aug 04, 2013
Good day house, I applied to brandenburg techical university, cottbus via uniassist,uni-assist sent me a message lastweek that I should forward my transcript a before they can forward my application to the school and I ave done that, the school is resuming early october, and my admission letter won't be out till after 4weeks. my question is 1) I don't know if I should go ahead and book visa appointment and 2) hope by the time I go for interview the embassy won't deny me cause of the school resumption date. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by somkwams(m): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2013
topeajis:

pls bro I need your help I want to do an undergradute course in germany but things aint working out
Re: German Embassy And Visa by somkwams(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2013
Godson201333:

Yes ofcourse but talking from experience the embassy wont issue the visa,Like a guy here who has been denied twice.English courses are always good for those going for masters.

If not Goethe Institut wont be making money!
tongue
Godson201333:

Yes ofcourse but talking from experience the embassy wont issue the visa,Like a guy here who has been denied twice.English courses are always good for those going for masters.

If not Goethe Institut wont be making money!
sobs
Re: German Embassy And Visa by somkwams(m): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Bro Godson please do you know if there are short time programmes in the goethe institution? My main problem Is that I stay in the east and I learnt that their courses take up to a year! Am really confused based on what to do
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Amanda6(f): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2013
somkwams: Bro Godson please do you know if there are short time programmes in the goethe institution? My main problem Is that I stay in the east and I learnt that their courses take up to a year! Am really confused based on what to do
u can do the distance learning dude, thats if u have internet connection. Distance learning in geothe or deutsch uni online(duo) or even the free A1 to B2 course by deutsche welle. Duo is cheaper than geothe in distance learning. To gain c2 in german its almost 2 years, i took the free course by deutsch welle bought textbooks eg tangram by hueber verlag. And listened to warum nicht by deutsch welle, read some news and did the placement test at geothe and duo and am at B2, i will hopefully do a testdaf prep course at duo before i write testdaf. But i can tell u dis e no easy ooo, especially the fact that german verb can come at the end of a sentence, u gotta have patience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 9:39am On Aug 04, 2013
Hello..
Please I have been reading through the thread and I come across some places where people say admission is competitive and you have to have a good grade to have a chance of acceptance.
I always read where people say they have been accepted into 2+ unis and I believe they ended with a very good grade.
Please what are the chances of someone with 2.2? CGPA of 3.35 to be precise.. Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 9:59am On Aug 04, 2013
Godson201333:

you only fill places that you think the questions concern you however i hope you viewing the long term visa application
Thanks Godson, I think its the wrong form I saw, please can someone help me with the link for long term visa application form. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyD(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2013
Amanda6: Are there churches in germany? I no its funny but just answer pls

Definitely funny smiley... Of course there are churches: catholic, methodist, pentecostal and Even 7 day adventist. One advice, if you are catholic: do get a Missal before coming except you know Deutsch already.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyD(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Hello..
Please I have been reading through the thread and I come across some places where people say admission is competitive and you have to have a good grade to have a chance of acceptance.
I always read where people say they have been accepted into 2+ unis and I believe they ended with a very good grade.
Please what are the chances of someone with 2.2? CGPA of 3.35 to be precise.. Thanks.

It should depend on the university, but most universities will accept a 2.2. But I want to believe you are planning for next winter / summer semester 'cos admissions to this winter semester are already being processed.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunletune: 10:25am On Aug 04, 2013
my CGPA is 3.5 which is Upper credit for my HND and Lower credit for my ND.. do u hv answers to the question i asked earlier
Capt. JH Miller:

Sory hope you don't mind me asking, what is your CGPA?
Thanks..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Hello..
Its not all about grades. So don't let your grades discourage you. I had a 2.2 and the course i applied for had about 400+ applicants, and i still got a direct admit. Check edulix forum and see posts of 1st class indians that applied in German unis that got rejects. So my brother, you can't tell if you don't give it a shot. Just make sure you read the program requirements very well before applying, and it depends on the relevance of your B.sc to the program. As for your grade, you are very eligible,since its a 2.23 in german grades.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunletune: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2013
steelie, I believe you hv much experience, I have gotten my admission already which is Bsc Information engineering from Hamburg.. I need answers to some questions which goes thus:
I heard German embassy doesnt accept sponsor from Nigeria but do they accept from anywhere in the world or only in europe because someone is trying to help me nw in belgium.
what are the likely questions for the interview..
do they ask for proof of health insurance and accomodation..
I keep checking online everyday but all dates are booked for the interview and my school is resuming sept 17th, can i apply anytime even after sept or its a must to apply before then, Please anyone could answer me i just need tips..thanks so much will be waiting for responses.

steelie: Its not all about grades. So don't let your grades discourage you. I had a 2.2 and the course i applied for had about 400+ applicants, and i still got a direct admit. Check edulix forum and see posts of 1st class indians that applied in German unis that got rejects. So my brother, you can't tell if you don't give it a shot. Just make sure you read the program requirements very well before applying, and it depends on the relevance of your B.sc to the program. As for your grade, you are very eligible,since its a 2.23 in german grades.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunletune: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2013
I have gotten my admission already which is Bsc Information engineering from Hamburg.. I need answers to some questions which goes thus:
I heard German embassy doesnt accept sponsor from Nigeria but do they accept from anywhere in the world or only in europe because someone is trying to help me nw in belgium.
I keep checking online everyday but all dates are booked for the interview and my school is resuming sept 17th, can i apply anytime even after sept or its a must to apply before then, Please anyone could answer me i just need tips..thanks so much will be waiting for responses.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2013
Please someone should help me with the link for long term application form for student visa. Please its urgent.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 11:36am On Aug 04, 2013
kunletune: my CGPA is 3.5 which is Upper credit for my HND and Lower credit for my ND.. do u hv answers to the question i asked earlier
Sorry I don't, I am also new here. Maybe you ask the experienced peeps here.

SimplyD:

It should depend on the university, but most universities will accept a 2.2. But I want to believe you are planning for next winter / summer semester 'cos admissions to this winter semester are already being processed.
Thanks fore the help. I am apply for the next summer admission
steelie: Its not all about grades. So don't let your grades discourage you. I had a 2.2 and the course i applied for had about 400+ applicants, and i still got a direct admit. Check edulix forum and see posts of 1st class indians that applied in German unis that got rejects. So my brother, you can't tell if you don't give it a shot. Just make sure you read the program requirements very well before applying, and it depends on the relevance of your B.sc to the program. As for your grade, you are very eligible,since its a 2.23 in german grades.
Thank you, I really appreciate.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by 4lashadey: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2013
Good day house, pls , I need people to enlighten me, I applied to brandenburg techical university, cottbus to study environmental and resources management via uniassist,uni-assist sent me a message lastweek that I should forward my transcript a before they can forward my application to the school and I ave done that, the school is resuming early october, and my admission letter won't be out till after 4weeks. my question is 1) I don't know if I should go ahead and book visa appointment and 2) hope by the time I go for interview the embassy won't deny me cause of the school resumption date. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2013
steelie: yea they will..my campus is in freising, was wondering if thats your destination too.
for Tum it will be munich....but i have admsn to a sch that is frieising but dont kw yet if i will go to dat....it depends on other feedbacks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
somkwams: Bro Godson please do you know if there are short time programmes in the goethe institution? My main problem Is that I stay in the east and I learnt that their courses take up to a year! Am really confused based on what to do

To be sincere with you,

Please help your self,

Study german language at Goethe because they have alot of materials at the library and yes within a year it should be ready.

This is the only way you can prove to the embassy that you have serious intentions in studying in Germany.Its a very complicated language that requires hard work!.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunletune: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Stelie, I really need your assistance with some questions.. can you please help?
ganasy:
for Tum it will be munich....but i have admsn to a sch that is frieising but dont kw yet if i will go to dat....it depends on other feedbacks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunletune: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Godson, am new on here and i really need your guyz help, dont know much about using this forum.. please should i ask questions?
Godson201333:

To be sincere with you,

Please help your self,

Study german language at Goethe because they have alot of materials at the library and yes within a year it should be ready.

This is the only way you can prove to the embassy that you have serious intentions in studying in Germany.Its a very complicated language that requires hard work!.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
kunletune: I have gotten my admission already which is Bsc Information engineering from Hamburg.. I need answers to some questions which goes thus:

Yeah well you do not need a travel heath insurance until you have been given the visa,The visa will request for it.

So try to book a space for an Interview.

Nope sponsorship must be a German resident unless that person in Belgium is gonna help you with 8,000 euro.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
Please is it the Videx form that I should fill for visa application for long term. Please its urgent.[/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
4lashadey: Good day house, pls , I need people to enlighten me, I applied to brandenburg techical university, cottbus to study environmental and resources management via uniassist,uni-assist sent me a message lastweek that I should forward my transcript a before they can forward my application to the school and I ave done that, the school is resuming early october, and my admission letter won't be out till after 4weeks. my question is 1) I don't know if I should go ahead and book visa appointment and 2) hope by the time I go for interview the embassy won't deny me cause of the school resumption date. Thanks

I would advice you so you to wait till next semester so that you do not look desperate in front of the VO.

Your visa processing is gonna take a month or more so it might be too late.

Getting an appointment is another problem cos its high time for travelers (Summer Holiday).

Its always good to appear on the interview day calm and confident.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
nkenyy:
Thanks Godson, I think its the wrong form I saw, please can someone help me with the link for long term visa application form. Thanks

Follow the link below to download long term visa application forms.

http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/3515650/Daten/3185010/Antrag_Langzeit.pdf

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (481)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.