Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886490 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
My Advice to all intending applicants pls try and get some language knowledge from Nigeria if you want to come here and study strictly in English. Learning the language here is expensive.
Oladecoolz: this universities, du day also teach in English?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Oladecoolz(m): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
beebee5000: My Advice to all intending applicants pls try and get some language knowledge from Nigeria if you want to come here and study strictly in English. Learning the language here is expensive.
ok bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
beebee5000: My Advice to all intending applicants pls try and get some language knowledge from Nigeria if you want to come here and study strictly in English. Learning the language here is expensive.
What is the cost range?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
steelie: What is the cost range?

400 euro for one month...3 time a week ,2 hours daily...I bet you dont like it huh? Some goes for 1000 euros grin grin Learning it in Nigeria is good at least but ppl wont understand..If you cannot cook be ready to lavish maybe 30 euros daily on food.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
beebee5000:

My Advice to all intending applicants pls try and get some language knowledge from Nigeria if you want to come here and study strictly in English. Learning the language here is expensive.

Some schools do provide intensive language course at different levels to their students for FREE. So it may not be always expensive

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
steelie: Depends on the office..you can collect it the next day if you got some1 dere to do it for you..would cost u about 20grand.

u can collect it dat day, if u play ur ball well. go early in the morning, by evening u will pick it. I collected my own d same day I applied.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
Please, can some1 help me with a link to download the blocked account form. I sent an email to db.student@db.de and they've not replied me.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Godson201333:

400 euro for one month...3 time a week ,2 hours daily...I bet you dont like it huh? Some goes for 1000 euros grin grin Learning it in Nigeria is good at least but ppl wont understand..If you cannot cook be ready to lavish maybe 30 euros daily on food.
wot if u r going for a masters programm purely taught in english?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
naijaobi:
wot if u r going for a masters programm purely taught in english?

As long as you are going for an english-taught program, you DO NOT NEED to provide any proficiency in German Language to get your visa. This applies to both undergraduate and masters program. This is clearly stated by the staffs of the federal foreign office on study-in.de. However, if your program is going to be FULLY or even PARTLY taught in german, it is NECESSARY to be proficient in German in order to get your visa.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by matthew2120(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Please who knows when application will get open again for summer programm please don't wanna miss out this time, applied late for winter, wanna pply for masters In Biotechnology..will be anticipating your messages, thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
matthew2120: Please who knows when application will get open again for summer programm please don't wanna miss out this time, applied late for winter, wanna pply for masters In Biotechnology..will be anticipating your messages, thanks
I intend applying for summer as well, but by my research most courses in natural & life sciences begins during winter, but universitat Trier have a summer programme, you can check them out, I just mailed them too
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
Guys moving this october please I need help again. My blocked account number arrived this afternoon and my dilema now is what bank to use that is d cheapest and less stresful to transfer the funds. Pls advice apropriately on which bank and how to transfer the cash to blockec account. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
aroyem4u: Guys moving this october please I need help again. My blocked account number arrived this afternoon and my dilema now is what bank to use that is d cheapest and less stresful to transfer the funds. Pls advice apropriately on which bank and how to transfer the cash to blockec account. Thanks
dont kw wch is cheapest bt i kw standard chatered bank is cheap. u have to open an euro domicilary acct or use someones own dat has
Re: German Embassy And Visa by alezdegr8: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
aroyem4u: Guys moving this october please I need help again. My blocked account number arrived this afternoon and my dilema now is what bank to use that is d cheapest and less stresful to transfer the funds. Pls advice apropriately on which bank and how to transfer the cash to blockec account. Thanks
@aroyem4u i used a friend's domicilary account in UBA,i transferd USD9,254 was charged USd98 d first day and then transfered USD 1,480 d second day and was charged USD 62 .just my experience.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Firstbank is ok.you will be charge 80 euro.they are also reliable and the charges are ok.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2013

aroyem4u: Hi guys. Just did my interview this
morning. The woman asked same
questions no surprises but was in her
usual harsh self.
Bt pls I av an issue. She didn't write
anything on my passport
as I know that
they normally write D on people's
passport based on what I have read here.
But she collected my original documents
and returned only my passport to me.
Advice me pls...

Were you not the guy who said he went for an interview and your passport wasn't stamped? How come you just opened your blocked account
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
t-med:

Yes ooo I'm d one. I actually did d interview without blocked account. I used the confirmation slip and statement of account of account from my sponsor. Was adviced by the german lady I met @ d embassy d day I went to open my blocked acct to do so to shorten my waiting period. Shey u get. So now I don't av to go for an interview, jst wait for the embassy's decision like everyone else cos I have to be in germany by 2nd week in october. Started my whole visa process on d 29th. Of august so m quite lucky to av gotten to dis point today wch makes it just 2weeks.

Were you not the guy who said he went for an interview and your passport wasn't stamped? How come you just opened your blocked account
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
futurewise11: Firstbank is ok.you will be charge 80 euro.they are also reliable and the charges are ok.

u can use Gtbank or first bank. even if u have naria account without a dom.account, u can still transfer money to ur block account. u have to be fast,no time. just go to ur bank and make enquiries.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
t-med:

Some schools do provide intensive language course at different levels to their students for FREE. So it may not be always expensive

Yeah you are very correct about that, learning the language and attending your classes isn't easy. No be beans ohh. at least 2hrs of ur day on the language, how many hrs do u have left for other stuffs, work dey there! and your normal books dey there, with loads of assignment and seminar presentation.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
futurewise11: Firstbank is ok.you will be charge 80 euro.they are also reliable and the charges are ok.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
t-med:

Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2013

Maybe you thought people are here for FUN....for the fact that people laugh and make jokes doesn't mean you post wrong information and seeking for advice... If you are not serious with your future please don't mislead others.......MY ADVICE IS PEOPLE HERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE TRUTHFUL AND SPECIFIC ON WHAT EVER INQUIRY THEY ARE MAKING BECAUSE PEOPLE TAKE THEIR PRECIOUS TIME TO MAKE RESEARCH AND OFFER HELP....SO WHEN ITS TIME TO JOKE YOU JOKE AND WHEN ITS TIME FOR BEEN SERIOUS THEN BE SERIOUS.....nahh waa for this guy ooo, you just make my mind cut seeing your post of not having your PP stamped after interview....you chop witch...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
beebee5000:

Yeah you are very correct about that, learning the language and attending your classes isn't easy. No be beans ohh. at least 2hrs of ur day on the language, how many hrs do u have left for other stuffs, work dey there! and your normal books dey there, with loads of assignment and seminar presentation.

Genau.. Some School offer the Language but it will always be Once a week and u can chooce the Level to Start from just like ma School but its always Better to Knw the Language from nigeria or to study the Language full.. Waitin 2hrs a Week Wanna do.... But its nt Easy ay make People wait 1year they stdy the Language for Niger na.. We all in an Hurry to Enter Germany

Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
t-med:

As long as you are going for an english-taught program, you DO NOT NEED to provide any proficiency in German Language to get your visa. This applies to both undergraduate and masters program. This is clearly stated by the staffs of the federal foreign office on study-in.de. However, if your program is going to be FULLY or even PARTLY taught in german, it is NECESSARY to be proficient in German in order to get your visa.

Though you don't need to provide any proficiency in German Language if you are going for fully taught English program but it's imperative for you to have some knowledge in German language before entering into Germany. The advantages are numerous ranging from integration,student jobs,getting acquainted with the Germans and so on. I believe it's a good idea if you have the opportunity. IMO though
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
suckermaterial:

u can use Gtbank or first bank. even if u have naria account without a dom.account, u can still transfer money to ur block account. u have to be fast,no time. just go to ur bank and make enquiries.

Thanks bro for the help bt I went to GTb today and was told I can't transfer from a naira account except from a dormiciliary account.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
princeolu254:

Maybe you thought people are here for FUN....for the fact that people laugh and make jokes doesn't mean you post wrong information and seeking for advice... If you are not serious with your future please don't mislead others.......MY ADVICE IS PEOPLE HERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE TRUTHFUL AND SPECIFIC ON WHAT EVER INQUIRY THEY ARE MAKING BECAUSE PEOPLE TAKE THEIR PRECIOUS TIME TO MAKE RESEARCH AND OFFER HELP....SO WHEN ITS TIME TO JOKE YOU JOKE AND WHEN ITS TIME FOR BEEN SERIOUS THEN BE SERIOUS.....nahh waa for this guy ooo, you just make my mind cut seeing your post of not having your PP stamped after interview....you chop witch...

Chief chill naa. U don't need to insult others. I put that up cos I'm not the first dat will go for interview without blocked account and will still get their passport stamped so I was quite worried. Maybe u should go and check previous posts I and other people have made here. I was just stating my worries and I never at any point stated that I had a BC. Yesterday I was still saying I'm expecting the BC and I was encouraged it will come before the end of this week and it came today. Pls try to choose ur words when u talk to people. No one is here to joke and no one is an island of knowledge. Nobi u sabi pass.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 11:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
aroyem4u:

Chief chill naa. U don't need to insult others. I put that up cos I'm not the first dat will go for interview without blocked account and will still get their passport stamped so I was quite worried. Maybe u should go and check previous posts I and other people have made here. I was just stating my worries and I never at any point stated that I had a BC. Yesterday I was still saying I'm expecting the BC and I was encouraged it will come before the end of this week and it came today. Pls try to choose ur words when u talk to people. No one is here to joke and no one is an island of knowledge. Nobi u sabi pass.

Good you got your Block ACC, if you need easy and faster transfer use EcoBank... mine took just 2days then i got confirmation from DB...Good Luck
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 11:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
princeolu254:

Good you got your Block ACC, if you need easy and faster transfer use EcoBank... mine took just 2days then i got confirmation from DB...Good Luck
Thank u, pls how much did they charge u in euros @ ecobank. I'll walk into an ecobank in the morning to make further enquiries tho
Thanks again boss.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 11:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
aroyem4u:
Thank u, pls how much did they charge u in euros @ ecobank. I'll walk into an ecobank in the morning to make further enquiries tho
Thanks again boss.

EcoBank dont change to individual.. i did mine with a Private Money Exchanger.....If you are changing Euro from a Private Exchanger, always take them to the Bank you want to make the transfer from to Verify the Euro Currency because you cant tell fake or real ones...

At that time i bought mine for 217 naira to 1Euro

EcoBank only Charge 12k naira for transfer fees
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
aroyem4u:
Thanks again boss.
Bros abeg, how did you download the blocked account form? Do you still have the link? Cos I sent an email to
Db.student@db.com yet no response. I want to try and open it before I defer.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 12:02am On Sep 13, 2013
Godson201333:

German language is not that easy the way you people think.We that are living here cant even cope talkless of you wey wan do online course,Anything about Germany is not all about brilliancy oo

Bro, I thought as much also. But the fact is that; the course I'm going for is fully taught in English but I know it's imperative for me to have little knowledge of German Language even if it has to be level A2 or B1 here in Nigeria before leaving. Like I have told you earlier, it's not about the cost of the course at Goethe Institute in Lagos or I'm too lazy to do it. But the time and distance factor has been a huge blow for me;also since I'm the one sponsoring myself, it's kinda of difficult to leave my job and go to Lagos, even in Lagos, I will have to spend money on food and transportation thereby exhausting the one I have already saved for the real study.This is the reason while I tried to look for alternative before I opted for Goethe institute distance learning and the money is about 600euro+. Though I saw about three of them, but I decided to opt for Goethe since it's the familiar one in our country. I don't know if you understand the message I'm trying to pass across? It's well with you my general.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 12:14am On Sep 13, 2013

Bro, please what do you think about Goethe Institute distance learning(online) for those that want to have the knowledge of German Language here in Nigeria but not living in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.