Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886063 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by monique2002(f): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2012
Demaejy:
When you get admission they will help you open blocked account at German embassy with the provision of your admission letter and int'l passport,so you don't have to open it with ur name.
guy, u r using ur international passport and also ur real name to open the acc. u will fill d form urself, before submitting it at the embassy. and u can NEVER use ur personal acc as a means of financial aid. u HAVE TO open the acc. dont let any1 tell u otherwise. they were proberly doin it lyk dat b4, bt now, u need ur blocked acc. visa processing tkes time, so immediately u receive ur admission letter, go to deutsche bank website and download the application form, then go to embassy immediately. for such case, they only see u at 8am-10am mon to fri.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by monique2002(f): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2012
justwise:

I don't know one myself but i will not advice you to use just anyone, search for big name health insurance companies in Nigeria, walk into their office and get one.
go AIICO insurance. its not far 4rm the embassy in VI, 3 months travel insurance is about 23k. chck online i ve 4goten their address or tke a bike frm CMS. its about 500 naira(since bikes are nt allowed to work) and 350 frm the embassy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2012
monique2002:
go AIICO insurance. its not far 4rm the embassy in VI, 3 months travel insurance is about 23k. chck online i ve 4goten their address or tke a bike frm CMS. its about 500 naira(since bikes are nt allowed to work) and 350 frm the embassy

Mutual benefit also give out health insuance but I don't knw the price sha..
@demeegy are u also prepaing forr a toefl exam cos I observed that some schools don't even need a toefl as a test of english if ur bechelor degree was fully taught in english...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2012
justwise:

I'm not sure about this email , did you verify the school?

The name of the school name is srh berlin,cos I got it frm DAAD so I guess its a real school.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 10:28am On Nov 21, 2012
Demaejy:
Hey bro, quite an age here.
Anyway, if you actually submitted CV/resume during your application then be expecting questions based on Information on your CV/resume,General knowledge of ur choosen course and your personal motivation to study the course. I advice you check the school website to see FAQ frequent asked questions. And pls which school is this?

now regarding the time, Germany is probably 1hr ahead of Nigeria so you should be expecting the interview around 5:30pm Nig time. I wish you the best.

Oga demaji,
Truly long time.just huslting to make up that block acct.thanks a lot.that means I will need to go thru the cv and motivitional letter I submitted.
Thanks bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:29am On Nov 21, 2012
futurewise11:

The name of the school name is srh berlin,cos I got it frm DAAD so I guess its a real school.

@ futue wise, justwise or demmejy can iget ur yahoomail, email or bb pin so we can talkbetter pls..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by khunlehzy(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2012
Ask your questions about studing in Germany[/color][color=#990000]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2012
khunlehzy: Ask your questions about studing in Germany[/color][color=#990000]

I intend appling for 4 schools these december via uni assist some of the schools require toefl and some don't. Will uni assit send ma toefl result to all the school and do I just have to send one transscipt to uni assist for the fou schools..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tomiedatlo: 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
Demaejy:
I think he only needs ur personal information like your int'l passport data page and admission letter. Its better you ask your cousin more.
Please which school you were admitted to?

I just want to put in for d skul nxt month
Re: German Embassy And Visa by southprince(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Has anybody ever been granted visa for studying the german language course? Kindly share your experience here. Was informed by a language institute in frankfurt that the embassy here in Lagos hardly issues student visas for language courses despite the expensive tuition.

Below is a copy of the mail from the language school;

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our German language
programs. We would be glad to advise and to enroll you for one of our
courses.
Unfortunately, the experience showed us that the German authorities
(Embassy, Consulate) in your country have very strict regulations and it
is impossible to get a visa for a language stay in Germany. Please contact
your Embassy for more details.
For the moment we are not able to give any further assistance in this
matter and again, we thank you for your request.
Sincerely,
Rayemberg
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Raxxye(m): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hello everyone. Thanks for all the useful info you guys are sharing in here.
I got admission for a Master‘s program in a German school earlier in the year, and was supposed to resume by Oct 1st,2012, but couldn‘t meet the financial requirement (the one that involved opening a blocked account). I wrote back to the school explaining my difficulty in raising the money, and also inquired if there was any available scholarship. They replied in the affirmative and sent me DAAD Scholarship application form to fill and mail back to them. I have since done so. My question is whether anyone here knows about the DAAD scholarship, and possibly what my chances are in securing it.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Raxxye: Hello everyone. Thanks for all the useful info you guys are sharing in here.
I got admission for a Master‘s program in a German school earlier in the year, and was supposed to resume by Oct 1st,2012, but couldn‘t meet the financial requirement (the one that involved opening a blocked account). I wrote back to the school explaining my difficulty in raising the money, and also inquired if there was any available scholarship. They replied in the affirmative and sent me DAAD Scholarship application form to fill and mail back to them. I have since done so. My question is whether anyone here knows about the DAAD scholarship, and possibly what my chances are in securing it.

These is seroius so did u deffered you admision or wat but I knw the deed will fund ur fee but don't knw if feeding and clothing will be paid for buy deed also.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Raxxye(m): 2:22am On Nov 22, 2012
topeajis:

These is seroius so did u deffered you admision or wat but I knw the deed will fund ur fee but don't knw if feeding and clothing will be paid for buy deed also.

Yes, I deferred the admission because I couldn‘t raise all the required cash before the stipulated deadline.
I wish to know if there‘s any DAAD scholarship beneficiary or a relative/friend of one here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TummieMarshal: 8:18am On Nov 22, 2012
FRIENDS, PLS... whr can i get my documents certified? I stay in Ondo state and also is teofel annd ietls the only way i can prove to this Germans than i am proficient in English?
Can't i obtain a letter from the ministry of education to backup my proficiency in the English language ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CEEJAY1: 9:10am On Nov 22, 2012
What will advice me to do Justwise? It is a German that is inviting me and the person has a good Job, works for the Government there. It is a Virgin passport i am going with because i have never traveled out of the country. The German assured me that they will give me VISA but i want to know how true that is. What do you think i apply as because i will like to start a new life there. Should i go with visiting first or what is the best thing i can go as so i can have chances of living there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by khunlehzy(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2012
topeajis:

I intend appling for 4 schools these december via uni assist some of the schools require toefl and some don't. Will uni assit send ma toefl result to all the school and do I just have to send one transscipt to uni assist for the fou schools..

Are you appling for a school in Germany? Ife yes it is best you apply through DAAD. You can visit www.daad.de for further information. DAAD will ask u to chose maximum of 3 schools which dy will send ur application. U can den address ur transcript to ur first choice school. Note ur daad application will also iinclude a copy of uur transcript which will be frwrded to dos schools. You will be contacted directly by the school if additional document is required.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 11:20am On Nov 22, 2012
CEEJAY1: What will advice me to do Justwise? It is a German that is inviting me and the person has a good Job, works for the Government there. It is a Virgin passport i am going with because i have never traveled out of the country. The German assured me that they will give me VISA but i want to know how true that is. What do you think i apply as because i will like to start a new life there. Should i go with visiting first or what is the best thing i can go as so i can have chances of living there?

What do you do in Nigeria and what is your relationship with the German?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
TummieMarshal: FRIENDS, PLS... whr can i get my documents certified? I stay in Ondo state and also is teofel annd ietls the only way i can prove to this Germans than i am proficient in English?
Can't i obtain a letter from the ministry of education to backup my proficiency in the English language ?

Am not sure that can be accepted the for u is to get a TOEFL o IETLS... But ty check each school application rrequirment sha they will guide u 2ru it even somee schools do not need a toefl or IETLs if ur bachelor degree was fully instructed in english..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TummieMarshal: 8:22am On Nov 23, 2012
topeajis:

Am not sure that can be accepted the for u is to get a TOEFL o IETLS... But ty check each school application rrequirment sha they will guide u 2ru it even somee schools do not need a toefl or IETLs if ur bachelor degree was fully instructed in english..

Thanks for ur response and assistance, pls whr and how can i get my documents certified ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 8:50am On Nov 23, 2012
TummieMarshal: FRIENDS, PLS... whr can i get my documents certified? I stay in Ondo state and also is teofel annd ietls the only way i can prove to this Germans than i am proficient in English?

Go to german embassy in lagos,its free.or approach a notary public but there charges are high.
As per toefl thinz,it all depend on d skool,if its a private skool dat charges they can waive it,but its a highly compettive skool dats tuition free,its good to have toefl.

I went to min of edu in lag to get d letter and I was charge 10k,I guess in oda state it will be cheaper.

@monique
Thanks a lot.ur info is absolutely correct abt the timing.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2012
TummieMarshal:

Thanks for ur response and assistance, pls whr and how can i get my documents certified ?
Go to any notary body,court or legal practisioner like lawyer to certify it for you but i advise you get it done in court because its very cheap.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TummieMarshal: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2012
damaejay, u r the best, thanks for helping me out, u v realy saved me more than #10k. I intend travelling frm ondo to abuja to get it certified bfr.

One more thing, my course is taughg in english, and all they require is proficiency in english but if i am to apply i must do so through uni assist and uni assist is askinh for profiency in German language bfr they can process my paoeru. Hw do i do that? Or am i exempted from this rule
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2012
TummieMarshal:
One more thing, my course is taughg in english, and all they require is proficiency in english but if i am to apply i must do so through uni assist and uni assist is askinh for profiency in German language bfr they can process my paoeru. Hw do i do that? Or am i exempted from this rule
I hurge you explore the school website, what you stated seems to me as illusion because if your course is completely taught in English,there is no way you will be required to prove that you are exactly proficient in German rather you will be required to prove you are proficient in English.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2012
Demaejy:
Hey bro, quite an age here.
Anyway, if you actually submitted CV/resume during your application then be expecting questions based on Information on your CV/resume,General knowledge of ur choosen course and your personal motivation to study the course. I advice you check the school website to see FAQ frequent asked questions. And pls which school is this?

now regarding the time, Germany is probably 1hr ahead of Nigeria so you should be expecting the interview around 5:30pm Nig time. I wish you the best.

Yes, many German University conduct oral interview. It is okay yousend them email and explain the time difference of Germany-Nigeria and schedule a comfortable time. All questions will be based on the information you provided in your CV and adequate knowledge of the course of study.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 23, 2012
monique2002:
I used AIICO insurance, but I think IGI is cheaper

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 23, 2012
TummieMarshal: damaejay, u r the best, thanks for helping me out, u v realy saved me more than #10k. I intend travelling frm ondo to abuja to get it certified bfr.

Ask your university if the admission process is via uni assist. To prove your proficiency(if you are a Masters Applicant, mail your school and tell them you already had a Bachelors Degree with English as the language of instruction.That is enough proof for german universities
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 23, 2012

Certify your university certificate from your university and other documents from notary public.
If you have a Bachelors Degree, thats enough proof of your english proficiency
Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
jejet:

Certify your university certificate from your university and other documents from notary public.
If you have a Bachelors Degree, thats enough proof of your english proficiency

nice to see you again,how is that side brother
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote
author=southprince]Has anybody ever been granted visa for studying the
german language course? Kindly share your experience here. Was informed
by a language institute in frankfurt that the embassy here in Lagos
hardly issues student visas for language courses despite the expensive
tuition.

Below is a copy of the mail from the language school;

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our German language
programs. We would be glad to advise and to enroll you for one of our
courses.
Unfortunately, the experience showed us that the German authorities
(Embassy, Consulate) in your country have very strict regulations and it
is impossible to get a visa for a language stay in Germany. Please
contact
your Embassy for more details.
For the moment we are not able to give any further assistance in this
matter and again, we thank you for your request.
Sincerely,
Rayemberg[/quote]
someone said he got his visa for German language course but the case you stated is otherwise. i suggest as the school suggested for you to contact German embassy for reliable info
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
surecan:

nice to see you again,how is that side brother

All is fine brother. been kinda busy. academics and paper works
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
Demaejy:
someone said he got his visa for German language course but the case you stated is otherwise. i suggest as the school suggested for you to contact German embassy for reliable info.

The embassy will issue you visa only if you have been granted conditional admission for your course of study and that you will have to take 6 months/1 year language course before the start of your chosen program. A lot of dudes do that here
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
futurewise11:
The name of the school name is SRH BERLIN cos I got it frm DAAD so I guess its a real school.
Guy,it was the school you recommended sometimes back you later put in for. They charge exorbitantly,imaging paying €700 per month.

@Jejet
You are welcome again to the thread,hope you can put more light to the thread for we prospective applicant. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.