Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884517 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Teflon1:

Family sponsored. U do not hv to say any specific one...until when asked.
you mean saying parents is wrong?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
naijaobi:

Nop, but i believe 'Family' is a better term when filling forms like this until when asked for details.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
Teflon1:

Nop, but i believe 'Family' is a better term when filling forms like this until when asked for details.
his question is based on interview not filling form. So do u think saying parents during interview is wrong?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
naijaobi:
his question is based on interview not filling form. So do u think saying parents during interview is wrong?

o...No. i guess i mixed it up! 'parents' is fine.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jtbaba1: 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
Any body with experience with Cologne University of Applied Sciences..how quick is their response on admission.
And
Please how fast can u get ur IELTS result

Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Teflon1:

financial support by parents....... if asked who is sponsoring you? "my parents".....simple
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
jtbaba1: Any body with experience with Cologne University of Applied Sciences..how quick is their response on admission.
And
Please how fast can u get ur IELTS result

Thanks

I applied to a couple of schools...only one (my least loved) has responded positively, so i am using it to process my visa for now. Cologne univ. of Applied Science (M.Eng Automation & IT) is 1 of the others...i hv heard notin from them.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Teflon1:

Yes u can attend the interview without d money in ur blocked a/c...infact dat is what many ppl in dis thread are doing, but visa will be issued only after u hv funded it.

They will not request dat u drop ur passport, u will go with it...although u hv to leave behind all ur original documents until u are invited for d visa. I do not think ur visa chances would be affected by lack of fund in a/c as long as u hv met all other requiements.

I advice u to read previous pages from dis thread if u r really interested in dis tin..u will benefit a lot & all these questions u r asking hv all been trashed!

Thanks.
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by SOLARPOWER1(f): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
suxes2006:

Thanks for showing concern bros.

1. On behalf of learners here, how was the experience like
studying in Germany?

2. Can One use money from work to sponsor education and living cost?

3. How much is the lowest fee (as in job) paid?

4. Which city did you live and more about the living cost!

Please try pick my questions and answer them well smiley Dn't mind my english ooo

Aal Izz Well
questionnaire
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
Teflon1:

okay..tnx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jtbaba1: 11:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Teflon1:

I applied to a couple of schools...only one (my least loved) has responded positively, so i am using it to process my visa for now. Cologne univ. of Applied Science (M.Eng Automation & IT) is 1 of the others...i hv heard notin from them.
when did u apply?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
DANNIEmore:

Print the DB account opening form (2sets) from the DB website,fill it and go to the embassy with your normal colored passport photogaphs(enof of it incase), international passport (plus your admission letter if you've got one or dnt worry if you've nt gotten admission yet) on a Monday morning b4 9am, tell them your for blocked account openning(Pls,dont sign on it till your @ d front of the VO @ d embassy as she wd then ask u to do so). Meanwhile, you can apply for your visa interview with the account opening confirmation slip you get from the embassy same day you file in your application so,while your account openning is being processed in Germany,you would've been done with your interview and then,the embassy would ask you to send them your account status after your interview.sure by this time,you should have received your account info from the DB where you would credit your 8040E into.
Nevertheless,you should expect your account info say within 2 - 4 weeks after filing(hopefully).. I hope this helps and others could add/correct where necessary. Many thanks!

Must it be on Monday morning before 9 a.m? I thought it was Monday - Wednesday before 10 a.m.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Adefaze(m): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
@everybody.., I've been following this tread for a while now and I observe that most students like me are also interested in undergraduate studies in germany. The common reply we're used to is 'NO' you can't study in germany with your waec and ND results.. My new question is.. With my knowledge of B1 german language,waec,nd ND certificates can't I get admission to any preparatory/introductory course(Studienkollegs)..pls ans. ASAP
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 12:33am On Aug 11, 2014
Adefaze: @everybody.., I've been following this tread for a while now and I observe that most students like me are also interested in undergraduate studies in germany. The common reply we're used to is 'NO' you can't study in germany with your waec and ND results.. My new question is.. With my knowledge of B1 german language,waec,nd ND certificates can't I get admission to any preparatory/introductory course(Studienkollegs)..pls ans. ASAP
There's no harm in trying..
give it a try bro
Alles gute
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 4:45am On Aug 11, 2014
ohimai83:
Must it be on Monday morning before 9 a.m? I thought it was Monday - Wednesday before 10 a.m.

Yes you can btw Mon-Wed b4 10am. Said Monday cos, me I love Mondays ni dats y.
Hope its clear nw sir?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by afodam247: 6:31am On Aug 11, 2014
guten morgen alle.
please I need orientation as of hotel reservation,
have been given interview date and it seems like the reservation is the only thing remaining for me.
my destination is Berlin, and I need a direct hotel site link for ease of booking. any contribution will be immensely appreciated.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 6:53am On Aug 11, 2014
jtbaba1:
when did u apply?

May/June...weeks b4 the deadline.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2014
you can get jobs in all those cities.
Negro1986: Hello house good evening all, pls for those of that know Germany well pls ur views /opinions are needed, i want to choose schools between these cities to apply for my masters degree program but am also considering d opportunities of getting a job and which is a better city to live for an international student, HEILBRONN, AUGSBURG, WORMS and SOEST, thanks in advance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2014
thanks so much @ Futurewise but among these cities, which one is d most developed or bigger
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2014
please what is the fastest and reliable means sending the signed blocked account forms to Germany and their prices?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:33am On Aug 11, 2014
Negro1986: thanks so much @ Futurewise but among these cities, which one is d most developed or bigger
I had wanted to answer you the first time you asked the question but needed to clarify some piece of info.
Basically, one thing you need to take into consideration apart from looking independently at the advantage of an individual city or town is to look at their distance and accessibility to/from other cities or towns that are vibrant economically. I heard sometimes it could be of greater advantage if you live even in an insignificant town however very close to other economic centres 'cos of lower rent a more relaxed life. That's debatable though, others may point at the cost of transportation and less opportunity for social life as a drawback.
Now to your questions:
Augsburg- In Bavaria, very good industries, about 260k population. the closest towns are Munich (36 miles); Ingolstadt (38 miles) and Ulm in the lander of Baden Württemberg (42 miles). Note that those 2 landers, Bavaria and Baden W. are two of (if not) the most economically vibrant areas in Germany but they can be relatively expensive. A lot of English speakers.
Heilbron- Baden Württemberg, very commercial with good industries and harbour too with population of about 120k. Closest town/cities; Stuttgart, Pforzheim (both 20-25 miles), Karlsruhe, Heidelberg (31-36 miles) (all in Baden Württemberg)
Those 2 places have very very good job prospects
........I will continue soon bro/sis..
I Need to attend to something urgent.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yapyap(m): 11:36am On Aug 11, 2014
naijaobi:
if you are sponsoring yourself will it be good to tell the consulate so?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yapyap(m): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Eke40seven:
I had wanted to answer you the first time you asked the question but needed to clarify some piece of info.
Basically, one thing you need to take into consideration apart from looking independently at the advantage of an individual city or town is to look at their distance and accessibility to/from other cities or towns that are vibrant economically. I heard sometimes it could be of greater advantage if you live even in an insignificant town however very close to other economic centres 'cos of lower rent a more relaxed life. That's debatable though, others may point at the cost of transportation and less opportunity for social life as a drawback.
Now to your questions:
Augsburg- In Bavaria, very good industries, about 260k population. the closest towns are Munich (36 miles); Ingolstadt (38 miles) and Ulm in the lander of Baden Württemberg (42 miles). Note that those 2 landers, Bavaria and Baden W. are two of (if not) the most economically vibrant areas in Germany but they can be relatively expensive. A lot of English speakers.
Heilbron- Baden Württemberg, very commercial with good industries and harbour too with population of about 120k. Closest town/cities; Stuttgart, Pforzheim (both 20-25 miles), Karlsruhe, Heidelberg (31-36 miles) (all in Baden Württemberg)
Those 2 places have very very good job prospects
........I will continue soon bro/sis..
I Need to attend to something urgent.

Eke what can you say about the city! Dessau you are going to?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
....continued....
Worms (Rhineland Palatinate): A population of 80k. Think Mannheim! Only about 6 miles away! Maybe people there can help you here. Worms on its own is very good but the bigger satisfaction is that they have a bigger city, Mannheim in Baden Württemberg to 'feast on' (no puns intended). Mannheim is a very good place with countless industries and commercial activities with the nicest of ports. In case you have anything against Mannheim (who would?), don't despair, Darmstadt in Hessen state is just 20 miles away. A very good commercial and industrial place and Heidelberg in Baden W. lies 20 miles away with welcoming arms.
Soest (North Rhine Westphalia): a small population on the north end of 40k. Agricultural, with RELATIVELY few industries here and there. If you are moving westward, it is one of those smaller place that leads to the bigger package ahead. I.e Dortmund (25 miles), Hamm (15 miles) and may be Hagen (over 30 miles). If Job is what you are looking for, then COMPARATIVELY, more opportunities abound in the other three places you considered.
Note: the distance and population given are approximate estimate. For distance, accessibility could differ from place to place which may influence time estimates.
P.S: These info were basically based on what I found out both from my PEPs and my personal research. So seek for further info and others could elaborate further for more clarity and understanding.
I hope you find the info useful.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Eke40seven once again thank you for your wonderful contributions, i really appreciate bro, may God bless you with more wisdom. Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
yapyap: if you are sponsoring yourself will it be good to tell the consulate so?
of course yes.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Thanks for the replies to my inquiry about the blocked account. After the signature who will be responsible for sending it to the Bank? will they take the form from me or will i be the one to send it to the bank?

DANNIEmore:
Many thanks 9jaobi for the corrections. stay blessed!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
Eke40seven: ....continued....
Worms (Rhineland Palatinate): A population of 80k. Think Mannheim! Only about 6 miles away! Maybe people there can help you here. Worms on its own is very good but the bigger satisfaction is that they have a bigger city, Mannheim in Baden Württemberg to 'feast on' (no puns intended). Mannheim is a very good place with countless industries and commercial activities with the nicest of ports. In case you have anything against Mannheim (who would?), don't despair, Darmstadt in Hessen state is just 20 miles away. A very good commercial and industrial place and Heidelberg in Baden W. lies 20 miles away with welcoming arms.
Soest (North Rhine Westphalia): a small population on the north end of 40k. Agricultural, with RELATIVELY few industries here and there. If you are moving westward, it is one of those smaller place that leads to the bigger package ahead. I.e Dortmund (25 miles), Hamm (15 miles) and may be Hagen (over 30 miles). If Job is what you are looking for, then COMPARATIVELY, more opportunities abound in the other three places you considered.
Note: the distance and population given are approximate estimate. For distance, accessibility could differ from place to place which may influence time estimates.
P.S: These info were basically based on what I found out both from my PEPs and my personal research. So seek for further info and others could elaborate further for more clarity and understanding.
I hope you find the info useful.
Good luck!
oga emma, dissecting towns and cities since 1962 cheesy
well done bro

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
yapyap:

Eke what can you say about the city! Dessau you are going to?
LOL.
You want make me frown? I wish all these stuffs I mentioned about those places applied to mine.
Its in the east (am going to meet the Ossis). Just a sleepy town in the middle of nowhere with many UNESCO heritage sites (which is my basic reason for going there). Nothing much happens there, the state Saxony Anhalt has d lowest foreign born of the 16 landers. The young one (including the fine babes) have ran west and the growing ones can't wait to follow suit (general perception though). The major cities like Berlin and Leipzig are like 30-45 mins away (too long for someone who abhors long distance to the work place).
Well, the advantage is that it has a good rail and comparatively, things are ridiculously cheap, especially rent. Things have improved DRAMATICALLY in the past 5 years. Despite all, any good fighter will come out good and do well academically, economically and otherwise.
P.S: The economy of Germany is flourishing at a period when so many Europeans countries, are struggling for survival, so, this is just a comparative assessment of the subject town with other 'good' places in Germany.
Good luck to me!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Adefaze: @everybody.., I've been following this tread for a while now and I observe that most students like me are also interested in undergraduate studies in germany. The common reply we're used to is 'NO' you can't study in germany with your waec and ND results.. My new question is.. With my knowledge of B1 german language,waec,nd ND certificates can't I get admission to any preparatory/introductory course(Studienkollegs)..pls ans. ASAP
you can apply for studienkollegs
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
graciousme: Thanks for the replies to my inquiry about the blocked account. After the signature who will be responsible for sending it to the Bank? will they take the form from me or will i be the one to send it to the bank?

1.fill the bank forms, print out two copies. Do not sign them.
2.make two photocopies of your international passport
3.Make two photocopies of your admission letter.

Now go to the embassy with your international passport and photocopies, the bank forms, your original admission letter and photocopies.
At the embassy, you will be asked to sign it in their presence. After signing, you hand them everything. They will give u a slip. Woth the slip you can now book for interview. Simple as ABC

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello good people, here's one that giving me headache: Officially certified copy of WAEC certificate. I need to send it to the school. Please how have you been going by this.

I somehow found myself at Ibadan, so used that opportunity to go to the waec office there. I was asked to go to the state I where I sat for the exams. I couldn't, it's far from Ibadan and I was on my way to Lagos anyway. Meanwhile I had been to a local court where I was told they stopped doing that about 3 years ago, even said I should go to my school.

This is the closest to it I've read on waec's website. That's not even what I want to do.
(19) Q, How does one process a confirmation of result ?
A. A confirmation of result can be processed by submitting to WAEC the following:
— One plain foolscap envelope
— One stamped, addressed envelope for each confirmation of results
— =N=250 postage stamp for local mails
— =N=350 postage stamp for international mails
— An affidavit sworn to in a court of law which should contain the following details:
Candidate's Name (in full)
Name of Examination
Year of Examination
— Two copies of candidates's passport photograph per result
— Fee for confirmation of resultis:
=N=10,000.00 per result for overseas institutions
=N=5,000.00 per result for institutions within Nigeria
Confirmed results are not handed over to candidates. They are sent direct to the institutions/
establishments which candidates want to provide with the information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.