Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885189 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
Teflon1:

Hello Emeka, i hv read almost all ur posts here, they are amongst d most enlightening ones here, direct, clear and from experience. I appreciate ur posts. I would like to ask about dat statement i boldened above (i hv tried to google stuff on it, without success):

(1) When one gets a visa and travels for a particular course in a university like an FH and on getting there wants to change to a similar course at like a TU...how does he go about it exactly (processes, setbacks involved)?

(2) Is it after finishing d 1st semester at d first univ. (d FH for instance) dat he can then apply for transfer to d other univ.(d TU for instance) to join dem in the 2nd semester with ur points earned from d initial school?

(3) Can one just decide to transfer from one univ. to another, even one dat he/she might normally hv been rejected for?

NB: considering univs. in the same state, different states, & courses slightly related, not too related. Thanks in advance.

@Eke, @naijaobi, @lacuna, @others i see u all...been seeing all ur inspiring/helpful comments, would appreciate ur comments also. Pls o, help me out...Thanks
These questions that thou seekest answers to severally yet prove elusive, i' faith it must have brought much worry in thine heart.
Let me answer bit by bit from what I THINK I KNOW and read about it while searching for similar answers.

1. I don't really know the university transfer system but I think its just like using your university results here in Nigeria (first year) to gaining a fresh admission. I know that at the PhD level, there might be some discriminatory actions taken against student from UoAS in granting admission directly without requiring they take up some additional courses but am not sure about this at BSc level and every school has their own requirements.

2. Very very unlikely. I stand to be corrected though...1st semester to 2nd? from one uni to another? nah! not likely.

3. I don't really understand your question. But I know you can switch universities or even go to another university which is entirely different from the one you used in processing your visa.

I' faith getting our elders from the land of the Rhine river to grace their presence on this thread is yet more elusive than a blond haired and blue eyed Nigerian lady. Methinks ye must be truly busy but ye are also important here.
People, ye no not what ye have until ye loose it.
I yet refresh this thread seeking for ogbeche77, emeka55 and other elders' counsel ere on my bed I lie.

God bless you all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ogbeche77: Oga I sight you from afar

Brother I no sure say I still get your number cos I changed my phone. Text me abeg
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XpensiveT(m): 12:02am On Sep 01, 2014
@emeka55...sir, pls I sent an email to you today and am still waiting to read from you.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:14am On Sep 01, 2014
emeka55:

Brother I no sure say I still get your number cos I changed my phone. Text me abeg
@emeka55 thou nightly guest! thy questions lieth yon, 2 pages hither.
Hope thy day was blissful?
Thou art welcome in our midst.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:16am On Sep 01, 2014
see men ooo..nobody wan sleep o.. I dey hail ooo grin grin

Viewing this topic: preshveli(m), suckermaterial, samdemmis, XpensiveT(m), Eke40seven(m), Realk1(m), naijaobi(m) and 3 guest(s)

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 12:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Eke40seven: Good morning everybody, the interview continues
@emeka55, is back! One with one of the most anticipated comments on the thread. God bless ya brother. Before we start, please, can you tell us what region in Germany you are schooling or state if you may.
Your comments are more than enlightening and here are further questions.

6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working Nigerian student with a particular result can maintain his/her academic performance in Germany with the same efforts? A scale will be appreciated, I know time is not the only or the best measure of hard work but For instance,
A spends 6 hours of study everyday in Nigeria, GPA=4
". ". ". ". ". ". ". in Germany GPA=?

7. Like in any society, there are distractions or factors that reduces performance, what are the major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened Nigerian JJC?

8. Most of the male or even females at one time or the other would have fantasized having a German Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can ebele17(f), get her prince charming easily?

9. List 5 most important items an intending new comer should bring along to Germany.

10. Am going to post something after this about some common stereotypes about Germany that I posted in another thread.

P.s. I understand that these questions may be too much to answer at a go, you can answer them bit by bit at your convenience if its gonna take its toll on you. Thank you.

Ogbeche did a great job answering the questions.
Just to add a few... I won't tell u not to get carried away after u arrive Germany because there are so many amazing things that would blow your mind away. It is a whole new level of freedom and u should experience it out of curiosity.
It is not good to be over-enlightened or over-advised about a new place u are going to. Some things are better experienced and some mistakes are worth making. It is part of the fun.
I would just say that u should be conscious of your spending especially with eating outside. U will see things with price tags 1.50€, 2.65€, 4.99€ and you will say it is cheap and u keep buying. At the end of the day u will realize you just spent 100€.

There are girls at your finger tips and most of them are just looking for fun out of the curiosity of what they heard or watched about black guys. It would take time before they trust that u don't love them for papers.
Some Germans have never been out of their region and are not exposed. Some may fall for your sweet mouth but they will always have an exposed friend that will enlighten them and warn them about you.

Whatever your flavour is, there is space for you. Whether u are straight, gayy, bi, fun is not something u have to buy Mr Biggs or recharge card before u enjoy.
Please be careful of diseases when u get here. Many people are living with HIV but they look so healthy and fine and u would never know. Many of them prefer to have bare fun without protection.

Come with a good smart phone and a laptop. Don't full your bag with heaps of clothes and unecessary things. U can buy them here.
For the ladies, if u have a specific make up item or cream u use, I advice you come with them because u may not find them here. The things sold here are made to suit their type of skin and u may not find what appeals to you.

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by kennycanny: 3:19am On Sep 01, 2014
Dear all, i am a very new here, i am actually looking for an opportunity to study in a good German school. I have Bsc in Business Administration, i cgpa of 2.6. and i have been searching unsuccessfully for a suitable school in Germany. i will be very glad if anyone can recommend any school that I can get admitted in for masters in a related course.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by rauly: 5:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Nimakor:
Yes. And he should forward the evidence of the transferred fund to the visa section...if he hasn't. The delay however, could be from the foreign office. No panic.
When is he due for enrollment?
Thanks bro, he has gotten his visa.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 7:44am On Sep 01, 2014
dolpaz: And can anybody access this site on any Nigerian IP : www.fh-kiel.de
please signify !

google anonymouse and choose English , at least that's what I used
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 7:57am On Sep 01, 2014
Happy New Month Fam! cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 01, 2014
Ogbeche77: Another TUM Newbee.. Welcome to Freising... We go full here small by winter.. Coincidentally.. I also work as a Graduate assistant in your department .. Prof. Sauer na my oga grin grin grin grin

Are u serious?!!!!!!!!!!! Prof Sauer na ur oga? Na wa oooo!!! How d guy dey na? For my interview, the guy no even smile at all. His face just dey mean. Lol!!! Abeg we need to talk more. Abeg, inbox me abeg.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 8:08am On Sep 01, 2014
Eke40seven:
These questions that thou seekest answers to severally yet prove elusive, i' faith it must have brought much worry in thine heart.
Let me answer bit by bit from what I THINK I KNOW and read about it while searching for similar answers.

1. I don't really know the university transfer system but I think its just like using your university results here in Nigeria (first year) to gaining a fresh admission. I know that at the PhD level, there might be some discriminatory actions taken against student from UoAS in granting admission directly without requiring they take up some additional courses but am not sure about this at BSc level and every school has their own requirements.

2. Very very unlikely. I stand to be corrected though...1st semester to 2nd? from one uni to another? nah! not likely.

3. I don't really understand your question. But I know you can switch universities or even go to another university which is entirely different from the one you used in processing your visa.

I' faith getting our elders from the land of the Rhine river to grace their presence on this thread is yet more elusive than a blond haired and blue eyed Nigerian lady. Methinks ye must be truly busy but ye are also important here.
People, ye no not what ye have until ye loose it.
I yet refresh this thread seeking for ogbeche77, emeka55 and other elders' counsel ere on my bed I lie.

God bless you all.

Thanks u eke for ur reply...but i forgot to mention it is an M.Sc programme i am going in for. Hope same rules apply?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 8:10am On Sep 01, 2014
emeka55:

If you arrive Germany and u want to change your University or course, it is advisable u conclude one semester at your present University. By then u must have got your residence permit and settled every paper work and all of these u must do with the University name indicated on your Visa.

Every university has its own system. Some will accept you transfer your first semester grades and allow you continue while some will ask that you start afresh.
Bear in mind however that for whatever University you are changing to, you have to re-apply like a beginner even if the process requires uni-assist.
Even if your previous grades will be transfered, that will be determined after you have applied and have been accepted.

There are no hurdles to face except that you have to go through the application process again and find a new house blah blah blah....
Also be sure to check with your present University before you make any move cos they could have partner Universities where u may not need all the stress or they may require you change after one year.

Thanks u @emeka for ur reply...but i forgot to mention it is an M.Sc programme i am going in for. Hope same rules apply?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2014
kennycanny: Dear all, i am a very new here, i am actually looking for an opportunity to study in a good German school. I have Bsc in Business Administration, i cgpa of 2.6. and i have been searching unsuccessfully for a suitable school in Germany. i will be very glad if anyone can recommend any school that I can get admitted in for masters in a related course.

@kenny, i got ur mail. U havent read the relevant pages of this thread and if naijaobi catch me now, he will say that i am spoon feeding u. Lol @naijaobi.
1: what do u want to study? Use daad and google to search for programs. I cant do that one for u. You will do it urself.
2: check the requirements whether u require german language certificate or not, if its purely english taught or not. If u pick a school, always contact the progam coordinator. They will give u break down of all u need to be admitted and what to expect of ur studies.
3: if ur cgpa is 2.6, i dont know how that will aid u oo because they re people with higher grades dan u. Depending on the program, u may or maynot be given a place. You could take up additional online courses to boost ur credit but like i said u must talk to the program coordinator. Example : in my own, i had a cgpa of 3.44 for my bsc and 4.22 for my MPA but my coordintor told me that i have to do additional course of about 10cp in economics on cousera.org, signature tracks that cost abt $49 online as part of my admission requirement.
And i say again, if u pick a school and a course, contact the program coordinator.

For now, www.daad.de and google are ur best friends, start getting to know them now because they will be with u till the end of this journey.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2014
Ogbeche77: Another TUM Newbee.. Welcome to Freising... We go full here small by winter.. Coincidentally.. I also work as a Graduate assistant in your department .. Prof. Sauer na my oga grin grin grin grin

Abeg another thing, how did u get the graduate assistant job?? I saw one for department of computational biology and they said i should submit letter of recommendations. Did u submit during ur own time? Sha, i want to know the processes u wen thru. Abeg, send me ur email, abeg
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kennycanny: 9:28am On Sep 01, 2014
ebele17:

@kenny, i got ur mail. U havent read the relevant pages of this thread and if naijaobi catch me now, he will say that i am spoon feeding u. Lol @naijaobi.
1: what do u want to study? Use daad and google to search for programs. I cant do that one for u. You will do it urself.
2: check the requirements whether u require german language certificate or not, if its purely english taught or not. If u pick a school, always contact the progam coordinator. They will give u break down of all u need to be admitted and what to expect of ur studies.
3: if ur cgpa is 2.6, i dont know how that will aid u oo because they re people with higher grades dan u. Depending on the program, u may or maynot be given a place. You could take up additional online courses to boost ur credit but like i said u must talk to the program coordinator. Example : in my own, i had a cgpa of 3.44 for my bsc and 4.22 for my MPA but my coordintor told me that i have to do additional course of about 10cp in economics on cousera.org, signature tracks that cost abt $49 online as part of my admission requirement.
And i say again, if u pick a school and a course, contact the program coordinator.

For now, www.daad.de and google are ur best friends, start getting to know them now because they will be with u till the end of this journey.

Thanks for your assistance its highly appreciated. actually I have searched a lot online b4 coming out for help. I feel one or two persons here might have gone through low cgpa (2.6) to get admitted in a German university for business or logistics course at masters level. I will still continue with my search and still hope to get info from anyone here who knows better.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Quadri001: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
@seunstein; bro how U dey? please shed more light on this; was it the embassy that informed you will not be interviewed because you scored 70% in your admission processing?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Happy new month all. May we record great testimonies in all our efforts this month in Jesus name.
Is there anyone heading to Saarland university in the house?

Regards.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by mrmiyagghi: 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hello House!

My interview is coming up soon and I don't have my original birth certificate but I have a photocopy. Can I go to the interview with the photocopy?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Good day house my interview was today and it went verry well.l was interview by one young German lady and one nigeria woman.they were both friendly.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
please go with age declaration,you really don,t need original birth certificate
mrmiyagghi: Hello House!

My interview is coming up soon and I don't have my original birth certificate but I have a photocopy. Can I go to the interview with the photocopy?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
betty55: Good day house my interview was today and it went verry well.l was interview by one young German lady and one nigeria woman.they were both friendly.
betty u know the routine nah..grin grin Roll out how it went
Re: German Embassy And Visa by chidexxy007(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
emeka55:

First I would advice that you stop typing in abreviations. It shows a sign of laziness or unseriousness.
Check the University's website they have all the required documents there. You can notorize at a high court or German embassy. Find out about the cost yourself.
Before u apply to studienkollege u need to register with a German language school in Nigeria and have a certificate up to B1 at least. Which takes about a year to complete.
Good luck
mayb 2 u... Buh i lik keepin my msgs short n simple so lng as its unofficial....thnks 4 d reply though.
Wanna knw if u did d goethe lang. ish n hw lng z d lang course 4rm A1-B1...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aisaya001: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
@betty55. Congrat betty! but did do any written test? and which programme are u goin for Bsc or Msc?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
chidexxy007:
mayb 2 u... Buh i lik keepin my msgs short n simple so lng as its unofficial....thnks 4 d reply though.
you are something else

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hello house,
Please for those who have open thier blocked account. which banks did you use to transfer money? What charges were added? Which bank has the best rates? etc. Basically any info that can help.
Cheers!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hayour9: 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
betty55: Good day house my interview was today and it went verry well.l was interview by one young German lady and one nigeria woman.they were both friendly.
Good to hear it well!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
chidexxy007:
bros see food ooo grin grin. Mek i bring spoon?

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
chidexxy007:
Chairman, I see you are under the illusion that the hieroglyphic gibberish you just conjured up above is short and simple. What happened to your English summary lessons? This is neither a text to your girlfriend nor a commendation to your favourite star on twitter, this is a thread for serious minded individuals. Now, write clearly in a true short and simple manner, if truly you want answers. You can use your dictionary if you have difficulties spelling. You are a student, even people travelling to buy spare parts are writing properly. Pheew!

God bless you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ibk1010: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hello house, pls how soon does the embassy fix an appointment date after blocked account opening form has been submitted
Re: German Embassy And Visa by chidexxy007(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Horatio27: you are something else
reali?....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Vicmonzan(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Can anyone help me with any tuition free German university apart from RHINE WAAL UNIVERSITY OF APPLY SCIENCE that i can study for bsc in mechanical engineering in english .
Also i want to know bout their requirement.
I wil be grateful if anybody can help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.