Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884960 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
Eke40seven:

It depends on your GP. if you have a minimum of at least 2.9 or approximately 3.0 on a 5 point scale, you will stand a good chance of gaining admission. However, that would be more likely in programme with a non-restricted admission policy.
so the wise thing is to choose as many schools as possible especially those with open admission if your GP is above 2.9 or safely 3.0 on a 5 point CGPA scale.

Hope you find it useful
Good luck!

@SimplyAlfy, thanks for those words of encouragement. I replied your PM more than twice and even sent you a mail more than thrice and still didn't get a valid reply as your replies were coming in blank.. You can send me your whatsapp number or you bbm

Jay bless!

Follow the person first then send PMthat is how it works, dropping your contact details here is not a good idea.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
This is for German faithful and hopefuls. Germany is proving to the the nation with an economy to envy. Unemployment rate is getting even lower..good news for all.

"German unemployment rate falls to a record
low
27 November 2014 Business
Germany's unemployment rate has hit a record
low, but slower inflation has raised concerns over
deflation.
The Federal Statistical Office revised October's
unemployment number from 6.7% to 6.6%,
November's figure was also 6.6%. Both figures
were adjusted for seasonal variation.
Meanwhile inflation fell to its lowest rate in nearly
five years in November.
Official figures showed inflation dropped to 0.5% in
November from 0.7% in October.
Strong labour market
The fall in the number of unemployed was larger
than analysts' expectations, down 14,000 to 2.872
million, the Federal Labour Office said.
The figures are in marked contrast to many other
economies in the eurozone.
Economists have warned of a potential economic
"stagnation trap" in the euro area.
However, analysts said that record employment,
rising wages and low interest rates are helping to
prop up domestic demand in Germany.
"Germany's buoyant labour market continues to
underpin wage growth and thus private
consumption, in combination with very low
inflation," said Christian Schultz, economist at
Berenberg.
Deflation risk
Inflation remains weak in the eurozone and
economists say the rate in Germany could fall
further.
"Looking ahead, the recent drop in energy prices -
if sustained and if not offset by strong currency
weakening - could push German headline inflation
further down," ING Bank analyst Carsten Brzeski
said.
Low German inflation may put pressure on the
European Central Bank (ECB) to further stimulate
the eurozone economy, Jennifer McKeown of
Capital Economics said.
"With inflation set to remain far below target in the
eurozone's largest and arguably strongest
economy, the ECB will remain under intense
pressure to provide more policy support."
The ECB has started buying covered bonds and
asset-backed securities to try to revive the
eurozone economy and keep deflation at bay."

Culled from this source:
BBC News (2014) German unemployment rate falls to a record low. [online] http://m.bbc.com/news/business-30228417 [Accessed: on the 28th of November, 2014]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
justwise:

Follow the person first then send PMthat is how it works, dropping your contact details here is not a good idea.
OK sir, Modified! However, the quote still has the details.. grin.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
Eke40seven:

OK sir, Modified! However, the quote still has the details.. grin.

Edited.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hello all,
This comment am posting at this time is something I ought to have done since the beginning of last month after my interview but for my tempestuous ordeals after then, I wasn’t settled enough to either remember or put it down. Although the memories may not be as clear as it could have been if had penned it down immediately, however, the much I have will still serve the purpose. I think it will be useful for the summer and winter hopefuls for 2015. So here is the narrative below.

MY INTERVIEW
This is me all suited up with my smile as George cloonesque as it could get standing confidently with a phone for interview on one hand and the other hand in my pocket actually calming the nervy muscles of my thigh and thank God the V/O could only see the smile on my face and not the tensed legs almost shaking out of the pants and shoes. The technology was not helping matters as I felt like am being called to answer questions by the FBI with the speaker and earphones toked professionally over her beautiful head. With deep yoga like meditative breaths taken, I was ready.

She asked all the preliminary questions before we were down to the real business, I imagined I was Will smith in 'Men in black' having a chit chat with his boss in the FBI headquarter.
What’s the difference by the way? I’m already in black suits and my dark Rey bans (actually reyz bams was written on it to my chagrin) shades, “let’s go get ‘em aliens in Deutschland ma'am, there is no taking our Deutschland, this tough Nigerian agent to the rescue” I jokingly said to myself as my outward appearance was as blank as a white A2 drawing paper but I couldn’t help but giggle at my mild conscience level shenanigans. She must think I was a weirdo at that point and to eliminate me immediately before I manifested any dreadful psychological illness in a hitherto peaceful atmosphere, she busted out the first question.
“What is the name of your school and course?”
“Anhalt University of Applied science, Masters in monumental Heritage”, I bellowed, faster than Eminem, I needed to be slower as I repeated it the second time.
The rest of the question and answer session went thus;
V/O: “How have you been preparing for your stay in Germany?”
Me: “I have made online searches for accommodation and my sponsor is doing the same over there, I have also made some research about the German culture, society and weather so I could prepare for how to act and what to expect when I get there”
After a pause I continued..
“I’m also learning the language through apps and books so that I can familiarize myself with a few phrases and everyday use of words for a beginner since my schedule wouldn’t allow me to attend a proper language school here in Nigeria.”

V/O: “So you don’t speak the language?”
Me: “I’m just at beginners level”
I bellowed back hoping she doesn’t say anything in German for me to reply, because i was quite rusty in the Language, she skipped it and I gifted her Hollywood smiles.

V/O: “When did you graduate from your Undergraduate Study and what did you study?”
“2012”I said and I gave her my department now I was very relaxed, my hands are off my pockets and my thighs are stable, am a good FBI agent.

V/O: “what have you been doing after your Study?”
Me: “I went for the compulsory one year NYSC”

V/O: “what area did you work in your NYSC”
Me: “in Delta state, Uduaka Secondary school, Mosogar.

V/O: “No no I mean what area of job, the field?”
She nodded in disagreement slowly as the epicanthic folds of her eyes squinted more to make her look as Mongoliod as Li Na.
Me: “oh! I was a teacher, I taught English, Geography and Economics in a secondary school”
Twista will be surprised at the speed of my response, so I responded more slowly a second time.
“And I also worked as a UN MDG facilitator training students in schools and organizing seminars at the community level on the goals of MDG.

V/O: “You did and taught all that”
She had a look of suspicion/surprise, then with the most saintly of smile and look coupled with a cool voice to match, I said
“Yes ma, the schools lacked teachers, so I took it upon myself to do all that, I wanted to make an imp…..”
“ok” she stopped me in midsentence
“Madam I may be an FBI agent but am also the male mother Theresa” I thought, having the saintly ethereal feeling of holiness in my mind which I felt reflected on my face at that point, a halo was over my head, she could see it.

However, the next question brought out the Einstein in me, genius unleashed!

V/O: “Why do you wish to study in Germany? Why not Nigeria, the US, the UK or somewhere else?”
Me: “Germany provides world class education at the most cost effective prices, their policies are attractive and conducive for international students like me which goes to show their warmth and welcoming disposition towards people from other countries. They also have English taught courses and the course I chose, masters in Monumental heritage is best done in Germany because Germany has more than 39 UNESCO world heritage sites which is an advantage to me. Even the state where my school is located, Saxony Anhalt has 4 world heritage sites! They are namely, ‘the Dessau-Worlitz Garden kingdom’, ‘Bauhaus Building’, ‘the Luther sites of Eisleben and Wittenberg’; and the Old town of Quedlinburg. This gives me the opportunity of not only having theoretical experience of my course but also hands on practical experience of the theoretical teaching. For my course, this is quite unique and not available anywhere else in this world; the course is not also available in my country, Nigeria; Germans are people with great intellect and are hard working so I know I could apply some of their philosophies of life when I come back to Nigeria (come back where? grin). With free tuition, and a world class education, one of the most innovative and creative society with great people to learn from, I don’t think there is a better place to study than in Germany.
She nodded in agreement as I idolized her dear country passionately, it was almost spiritual. Of course, there were more reasons, like the fact that they will let me work for an unlimited number of hours during holls and a certain amount of hours during school period; the fact that the new minimum wage is tempting and the German economy is a model to follow and the envy of all countries at a time when every other nation is going through troubled economic regime; that I will like to post beautiful pictures of Germany on FB with the caption “ Really missing home” when am actually enjoying my milk shake and full chicken while chatting with my multi-racial clique at the park hitting up on fine blondes and brunets from all nations extolling the virtues of my African American Lineage with my hip hop swags grin (Joking!); and ultimately, I would also have the opportunity to travel to over 26 choice countries without any hassles and fortunately, Germany is just in the middle of Europe. But of course I can’t say that, I had to act like Nigeria is heaven on earth, and I’m only sacrificing my enjoyment and pride to go to a country beneath me just for the sake of education.

V/O: “what do you do? Your profession”
Me: Real Estate management and development
V/O: “Do you work?”
Me: “I did but I quit because of this school”

..........to be continued

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by madridista01: 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
hollaytan:

Thanks for your apt response, you just hit the nail on the head..... he was very unfriendly as you predicted. thanks for the enlightenment, i guess i am to go with the original documents and the photocopies and the copies will be the documents to be certified?
cc: tayoslayer and all who can help

as regards document certification at the embassy, is this the right thing to do?
"going there with my originals and photocopies of the documents i intend to certify-in my case six copies each of the original, since i intend to apply to six different schools"
do i also need to go with the completely filled and signed application form of each school?(some schools' forms are not yet out)
and is the fee 1200naira per each set of document certified??
thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyAlfy: 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
Eke40seven:

It depends on your GP. if you have a minimum of at least 2.9 or approximately 3.0 on a 5 point scale, you will stand a good chance of gaining admission. However, that would be more likely in programme with a non-restricted admission policy.
so the wise thing is to choose as many schools as possible especially those with open admission if your GP is above 2.9 or safely 3.0 on a 5 point CGPA scale.

Hope you find it useful
Good luck!

@SimplyAlfy, thanks for those words of encouragement. I replied your PM more than twice and even sent you a mail more than thrice and still didn't get a valid reply as your replies were coming in blank.. You can send me your whatsapp number or you bbm pin
Jay bless!
Uwc, its nothing as its least I am capable of doing for now. It doesn't show my message is sent From myside and only got ur msg request from nairaland and that doesn't send.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyAlfy: 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
Eke40seven:

Hope you find it useful
Good luck!

@SimplyAlfy, thanks for those words of encouragement. I replied your PM more than twice and even sent you a mail more than thrice and still didn't get a valid reply as your replies were coming in blank.. You can send me your whatsapp number or you bbm pin
Jay bless!
uwc brother, its nothing as its least I am capable of doing for now. It doesn't show my message is sent From myside and only got ur msg request from nairaland and that doesn't send.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
madridista01:

cc: tayoslayer and all who can help

as regards document certification at the embassy, is this the right thing to do?
"going there with my originals and photocopies of the documents i intend to certify-in my case six copies each of the original, since i intend to apply to six different schools"
do i also need to go with the completely filled and signed application form of each school?(some schools' forms are not yet out)
and is the fee 1200naira per each set of document certified??
thanks
yeah... That's how to go about it. Without the signed application form the embassy won't certified for you and its 1200naira per each set of document.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by madridista01: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
adenjnr:
yeah... That's how to go about it. Without the signed application form the embassy won't certified for you and its 1200naira per each set of document.
how then do I go about those schools who's application forms aren't out yet?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akin26: 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=Eke40seven post=28441552]

Hope you find it useful
Good luck!
thanks so much @Eke40seven
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
madridista01:

how then do I go about those schools who's application forms aren't out yet?
Na wa o. Did you read the replies at all? Or is this a rhetorical question?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
Continued........

INTERVIEW

V/O: “What do you know about Germany?”
Me: “The official name is ‘The federal Republic of Germany’ (Bundesrepublik Deutschland), Germany is a cosmopolitan Democratic country located in central Europe, with a land area of about 357,000 sqkm bordered by 9 countries namely, Denmark, the Netherland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, Czech republic and Poland; it has a population of about 82 million people comprising of the indigenous Ethnic Germans, which are the majority, and the minority Danes in the North around Schleswig Holstein and the Sorbians in the East around Brandenburg. There are also about 2 million ethnic Turks and other people from neighboring European countries and others from all over the world; the capital is Berlin and its largest city with about 3.4 million people. Others are Hamburg (1.8 million), Munich (1.3 Million), and Cologne (1 million). Germany has one of the strongest economies and their major production includes, engineering, chemicals, medical equipments and the service industry in the World and they use the Euros as currency. They are the pioneering member of the EU and also a Shengen country. The constitutional head of Germany is the chancellor, Angela Merkel and the ceremonial president, Joachim Gauck. They have a bicameral system of government comprising the Bundestag and the Bundesrat. They have 16 states namely, Baden Wu…..”

V/O: “stop! Thank you, stop! Thank you!”
I gifted her a smile as she typed into her system, that was what I wanted, I’m not gonna stop until she says so.
I wanted to add that East and West Germany was reunified as one in 1990 after about 45 years of separation and that reunification day was October 3rd, I wanted to add that Germany is a cool temperate country and the great river Rhine, Danube and Elbe runs through it.

V/O: “Name your course structure and courses from beginning to end?”
I remembered that I was not supposed to act like I know the entire questions before hand, so my eyes widened (Bernie Mac would be proud of this CIA prodigy imitating him), and I contorted my face in confusion before I regained a fake confidence to answer the questions with occasional pauses and scholarly muses.
Me: “My course master in monumental heritage comprises of 120 credit units spread across 4 semesters and the courses for my first semester includes…………”
I gave her all the courses from first semester to the 4th with occasional ‘ehs’, ‘ahs’ and ‘hnnns’

V/O: What is the relationship between your planned Masters degree and your Bsc?”
Me: well, my planned masters degree focuses on the conservation and preservation of Monumental heritages. This entails the management and maintenance of these monuments. In the same vein, property management, facility management and building maintenance are basic aspect of my Bsc degree, which deals with the conservation, management and maintenance of building whether old or new in order to achieve the goal of the owner. My planned Masters degree is just a specialized aspect of my Bsc degree.
She was happy, with my answer from her encouraging nods as she typed something unknown to me in her system. Progress!

V/O: “What do you plan on doing after your studies”
I quickly bellowed loudly and passionately,
“I will come back to my darling country NIIIGGEEERIIAA as a consultant and lecturer” grin
She typed, looked up and asked;
“Do you want to be a consultant or a lecturer?”
Me: “well, consultant”
I said that for the records though. “Who cares about Monuments in Nigeria? You want me to go broke? Who I want give advice?” I mused reflectively. As I remembered that I choose the course as a last option because of my late application.

V/O: “what do you know about the city where your school is located?”
Me: “Dessau is in Saxony Anhalt, home of the Bauhaus Architecture and Dessau-Wörlitz Garden Kingdom. it has a population of about 77, 000 people, its less than I hour from the country’s capital Berlin, less than 20 minutes from Halle and about 30 minutes from Leipzig by road”
I pronounced the last city proudly as ‘lipzeeg’. She interjected and registered a mild frown/smile for ‘murdering’ the name of her precious city.
“Laip-tigk?” she corrected.
I wanted to protest that I used the English pronunciation but I let it go.

Other question bordered on my sponsor’s info like Name, my relationship with him, Profession, Address, how long he has lived in Germany, the kind of accommodation he stays in, whether House or Apartment and the amount earns
She was interested In the amount he earns particularly…….so I told her, “ He is a self-employed businessman so his earning varies due to the nature of his business and therefore doesn’t have a constant amount but he earn very well above 1500 euros every month.
I had to improvise that though and I guess I was right.
She didn’t quite query much in that aspect as I had expected, because I was really ready, I even know his favorite colour and the size of his shoes and not forgetting the colour of his car. No time!

That was how the session ended, she typed in her last words and motioned me to go with the usual compliments, got my passport, indicating the end of the life changing interview, the essence of the whole waiting…I walked out majestically with both hand in pocket, “Eke40seven, you have done a good job, you hit your targets” I mused as I gulped in some fresh air ready for the second phase of waiting, for either good or bad news.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by madridista01: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Na wa o. Did you read the replies at all? Or is this a rhetorical question?
Bros hafa u naw?
y u just de enter Me this hot afternoon?
I read the reply then asked another question because some of my school application forms never come out yet and some of these schools de use online application and would only need the documents once you've scaled the initial application process.
I no wan go lagos twice...the money no go easy. I wan go once and for all..
now u get y I ased the second question?
so please try to give a possible suggestion to my problem and no just carry enter people any how just because u want to gain cheap popularity.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by atrapon(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
Greetings...pls house am such a confused man...am applying 4 msc chemistry wit GP 3.65 buh D7 in English lang in waec,really dont if dat can really hamper my admission/visa.tank u & remain blessed
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
madridista01:

Bros hafa u naw?
I read the reply then asked another question because some of my school application forms never come out yet and some of these schools de use online application and would only need the documents once you've scaled the initial application process.
so please try to give a possible suggestion to my problem and no just carry enter people any how just because u want to gain cheap popularity.
There are no exceptions. It's either u wait for the forms to come out and go at once or u go now and forget the rest or u go now and look for money to go again or just stay where you are and use notary public.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by madridista01: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
XketchDesigns:

There are no exceptions. It's either u wait for the forms to come out and go at once or u go now and forget the rest or u go now and look for money to go again or just stay where you are and use notary public.

good! na now you talk better thing.

now see this method I intend using.
I'll go at once, carry both the ones who's forms are out and who's forms aren't out.
and since i noticed that there's a general form for most universities in Germany. I intend using this form to stand in for those schools who's forms I don't have yet pending when I'd get access to their forms; since they just want to certify and not do any serious vetting of the documents.
now I want to know if this my plan holds water or not?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
madridista01:

Bros hafa u naw?
Bros going to Lagos in the 1st place to certify is a waste of time and money. From my personal experience,where you certify does not in anyway influence your chances of admission. In most schools, your cgpa contribute close to 40%, Motivation letter 30%, CV 20% and references (where it applies) 10%, to be admitted you need to have at least 70% (P.S. This value is not absolute, it might vary among schools).
My advice; Walk into any High Court closest to you, certify your documents, concentrate your energy on important things that will boost your chances of been admitted, send your application on time and pray & hope for the best.
My 1kobo ooo

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
atrapon:
Greetings...pls house am such a confused man...am applying 4 msc chemistry wit GP 3.65 buh D7 in English lang in waec,really dont if dat can really hamper my admission/visa.tank u & remain blessed
TO my best of knowledge, once you have English in another exam(neco or another waec) you can combine results and it won't hamper your chances of admission since its Msc you are applying for. Some uni won't even ask you to send your o'level and as for the embassy, what's more important to them is your motive of going to Germany.

P.S. Except in cases where there is stiff competition and admission is restricted.
*I stand to be corrected*
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
madridista01:

good! na now you talk better thing.

now see this method I intend using.
I'll go at once, carry both the ones who's forms are out and who's forms aren't out.
and since i noticed that there's a general form for most universities in Germany
. I intend using this form to stand in for those schools who's forms I don't have yet pending when I'd get access to their forms; since they just want to certify and not do any serious vetting of the documents.
now I want to know if this my plan holds water or not?

ROTFLMFAO (rolling on the floor laughing my f*cking *ss out)....like seriously? You better calm down and do things appropriately. You have been told that there are no exceptions and came with this one again. You've given a not too good impression of yourself and I advise you desist from any such ruse as you will only end up shooting yourself on the foot.

That being said, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE TERM APPLICATION NUMBER? If you have'nt, it is generated automatically after you have applied online and this number will be printed out on your application form.

Also if the application is not out, how do you know the type of application form they use. If different do you think your files will be treated with a different application form? OYO
This will only be viewed as a 'Nigerian Shenanigan'
My advice is that you stay where you are and certify for schools that have started application at rotary clubs or highcourt and then do the rest later as soon as they start. We all know that Germans are organized on another level. Please familiarize yourself with this thread and try sticking with rules when dealing with this people. Your plan holds only dirty water.Gemeinsam wir sind stark.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
atrapon:

To be on the safest side why don't you just do the Toefl or Ielts? If application is for winter then there is plenty of time.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by madridista01: 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
tayoslayer:

ROTFLMFAO (rolling on the floor laughing my f*cking *ss out)....like seriously? You better calm down and do things appropriately. You have been told that there are no exceptions and came with this one again. You've given a not too good impression of yourself and I advise you desist from any such ruse as you will only end up shooting yourself on the foot.

That being said, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE TERM APPLICATION NUMBER? If you have'nt, it is generated automatically after you have applied online and this number will be printed out on your application form.

Also if the application is not out, how do you know the type of application form they use. If different do you think your files will be treated with a different application form? OYO
This will only be viewed as a 'Nigerian Shenanigan'
My advice is that you stay where you are and certify for schools that have started application at rotary clubs or highcourt and then do the rest later as soon as they start. We all know that Germans are organized on another level. Please familiarize yourself with this thread and try sticking with rules when dealing with this people. Your plan holds only dirty water.Gemeinsam wir sind stark.
1. concerning application number: noted
2. concerning the application form not being out: I want to apply to six schools. from these 6 schools, three use exactly the same application form. you download from their website and and either hand fill or fill with a computer using adobe reader or the required application program. two use their own forms (one of them still giving u the choice 2 use between the general application form and their own personal application form). it's the last school that I've not been able to lay hold on their own application form.

then considering why they won't treat my files if the application form of the last school whose forms aren't out yet Is the same or not: are you trying to say that' they know the exact forms used in all schools?
are u also trying to say that is the same filled form that one submits at the embassy that one must use in applying to the various schools? cos I see nothing wrong in doing what I had earlier wrote,[it can only be wrong if the application form used in document certification must be that same one used to apply to these schools or if the German embassy infact keeps a record of the forms and might maybe spot the discrepancy when one comes to apply for visa.

and I am trying to avoid all the issues that concern high court certification (official seal, note saying that the document are original. ..bla...bla...bla). so please try oppose my views in a non sentimental manner ..and not use derogatory remarks thank u

cc adenjnr
Re: German Embassy And Visa by madridista01: 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
adenjnr:
Bros going to Lagos in the 1st place to certify is a waste of time and money. From my personal experience,where you certify does not in anyway influence your chances of admission. In most schools, your cgpa contribute close to 40%, Motivation letter 30%, CV 20% and references (where it applies) 10%, to be admitted you need to have at least 70% (P.S. This value is not absolute, it might vary among schools).
My advice; Walk into any High Court closest to you, certify your documents, concentrate your energy on important things that will boost your chances of been admitted, send your application on time and pray & hope for the best.
My 1kobo ooo

also can one certify documents at the embassy for someone else. .or the owner of the documents must go himself? ??
also please read the other reply which I copied u
thank you!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Akin26: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
Good evening house.
Please am new to the system, am planning of seeking Masters admission into German University for 2015 admission and i have no ideal how the whole system run. Please I need suggestions on schools to apply to (courses related to my first degree), steps to take in applying and everything other things i need to do. Bellow are the details of my first degree:
*course of study- History and international studies
*class of degree- 2.2(second class lower division)
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by atrapon(m): 11:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
adenjnr:
TO my best of knowledge, once you have English in another exam(neco or another waec) you can combine results and it won't hamper your chances of admission since its Msc you are applying for. Some uni won't even ask you to send your o'level and as for the embassy, what's more important to them is your motive of going to Germany.

P.S. Except in cases where there is stiff competition and admission is restricted.
*I stand to be corrected*
God will bless u immensely,,,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by atrapon(m): 12:07am On Nov 30, 2014
Perfect house! Pls how is motivational letter structured.tank u
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AsSabirin(m): 1:08am On Nov 30, 2014
madridista01:

2. concerning the application form not being out: I want to apply to six schools. from these 6 schools, three use exactly the same application form. you download from their website and and either hand fill or fill with a computer using adobe reader or the required application program. two use their own forms (one of them still giving u the choice 2 use between the general application form and their own personal application form). it's the last school that I've not been able to lay hold on their own application form.

then considering why they won't treat my files if the application form of the last school whose forms aren't out yet Is the same or not: are you trying to say that' they know the exact forms used in all schools?
are u also trying to say that is the same filled form that one submits at the embassy that one must use in applying to the various schools? cos I see nothing wrong in doing what I had earlier wrote,[it can only be wrong if the application form used in document certification must be that same one used to apply to these schools or if the German embassy infact keeps a record of the forms and might maybe spot the discrepancy when one comes to apply for visa.

and I am trying to avoid all the issues that concern high court certification (official seal, note saying that the document are original. ..bla...bla...bla). so please try oppose my views in a non sentimental manner ..and not use derogatory remarks thank u

cc adenjnr
My friend will you stop this, you asked a question and they answers you properly. You still insisting, you want us to give you permission to break the rules.
Don't try any funny business, if you are caught you don't just ruin tour chances but make things difficult for others. Better drop this Ur mentality and do what's right.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 2:16am On Nov 30, 2014
madridista01:

also can one certify documents at the embassy for someone else. .or the owner of the documents must go himself? ??
also please read the other reply which I copied u
thank you!
1stly, its not a most the certification as to be in emblem, ordinarY stamp will do the magic (that's what I have been using and my appliction as never been rejected because of that).
2ndly, u can't certify in proxy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 3:54am On Nov 30, 2014
madridista01:

cc adenjnr

Mr Sharp guy, to give you E-slap just dey hungry me.
I was referring to the school and not the embassy. Will a school process an application with a different application form?
Also, if certified at the embassy everything will be bound together so it is the certified copy that you must use in application. *in-between, "non sentimental" is the wrong choice of word in this context as it does not relate to being sensible so learn the meaning of the word before using it. Also, this is derogatory because I strongly disapprove of your move and I'm not willing to sugar-coat it*
@all help me explain to this fellow.
You claim "noted" regarding the application number and still say you see nothing wrong with your plan, even if all the schools in Germany use the same app.form, do you plan on feigning application number? You obviously have alot to learn so just read this thread and do yourself a favour.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by JustCare: 6:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Eke40seven:
Continued........

INTERVIEW

Me: “The official name is ‘The federal Republic of Germany’ (Bundesrepublik Deutschland), Germany is a cosmopolitan Democratic country located in central Europe, with a land area of about 357,000 sqkm bordered by 9 countries namely, Denmark, the Netherland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, Czech republic and Poland; it has a population of about 82 million people comprising of the indigenous Ethnic Germans, which are the majority, and the minority Danes in the North around Schleswig Holstein and the Sorbians in the East around Brandenburg. There are also about 2 million ethnic Turks and other people from neighboring European countries and others from all over the world; the capital is Berlin and its largest city with about 3.4 million people. Others are Hamburg (1.8 million), Munich (1.3 Million), and Cologne (1 million). Germany has one of the strongest economies and their major production includes, engineering, chemicals, medical equipments and the service industry in the World and they use the Euros as currency. They are the pioneering member of the EU and also a Shengen country. The constitutional head of Germany is the chancellor, Angela Merkel and the ceremonial president, Joachim Gauck. They have a bicameral system of government comprising the Bundestag and the Bundesrat. They have 16 states namely, Baden Wu…..”

I gifted her a smile as she typed into her system, that was what I wanted, I’m not gonna stop until she says so.
I wanted to add that East and West Germany was reunified as one in 1990 after about 45 years of separation and that reunification day was October 3rd, I wanted to add that Germany is a cool temperate country and the great river Rhine, Danube and Elbe runs through it.

I remembered that I was not supposed to act like I know the entire questions before hand, so my eyes widened (Bernie Mac would be proud of this CIA prodigy imitating him), and I contorted my face in confusion before I regained a fake confidence to answer the questions with occasional pauses and scholarly muses.
Me: “My course master in monumental heritage comprises of 120 credit units spread across 4 semesters and the courses for my first semester includes…………”
I gave her all the courses from first semester to the 4th with occasional ‘ehs’, ‘ahs’ and ‘hnnns’

V/O: What is the relationship between your planned Masters degree and your Bsc?”
Me: well, my planned masters degree focuses on the conservation and preservation of Monumental heritages. This entails the management and maintenance of these monuments. In the same vein, property management, facility management and building maintenance are basic aspect of my Bsc degree, which deals with the conservation, management and maintenance of building whether old or new in order to achieve the goal of the owner. My planned Masters degree is just a specialized aspect of my Bsc degree.
She was happy, with my answer from her encouraging nods as she typed something unknown to me in her system. Progress!

“I will come back to my darling country NIIIGGEEERIIAA as a consultant and lecturer” grin
I said that for the records though. “Who cares about Monuments in Nigeria? You want me to go broke? Who I want give advice?” I mused reflectively. As I remembered that I choose the course as a last option because of my late application.

Me: “Dessau is in Saxony Anhalt, home of the Bauhaus Architecture and Dessau-Wörlitz Garden Kingdom. it has a population of about 77, 000 people, its less than I hour from the country’s capital Berlin, less than 20 minutes from Halle and about 30 minutes from Leipzig by road”
I pronounced the last city proudly as ‘lipzeeg’. She interjected and registered a mild frown/smile for ‘murdering’ the name of her precious city.

Other question bordered on my sponsor’s info like Name, my relationship with him, Profession, Address, how long he has lived in Germany, the kind of accommodation he stays in, whether House or Apartment and the amount earns
She was interested In the amount he earns particularly…….so I told her, “ He is a self-employed businessman so his earning varies due to the nature of his business and therefore doesn’t have a constant amount but he earn very well above 1500 euros every month.
She didn’t quite query much in that aspect as I had expected, because I was really ready, I even know his favorite colour and the size of his shoes and not forgetting the colour of his car. No time!

That was how the session ended, she typed in her last words and motioned me to go with the usual compliments, got my passport, indicating the end of the life changing interview, the essence of the whole waiting…I walked out majestically with both hand in pocket, “Eke40seven, you have done a good job, you hit your targets” I mused as I gulped in some fresh air ready for the second phase of waiting, for either good or bad news.
your performance was really outstanding. kudos bro! #learning from you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2014
Eke40seven:
Continued........

INTERVIEW

You are very strong man. Am almost in. the Same dilemma. please help me attend to my question thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2014
Akin26:
Good evening house.
Please am new to the system, am planning of seeking Masters admission into German University for 2015 admission and i have no ideal how the whole system run. Please I need suggestions on schools to apply to (courses related to my first degree), steps to take in applying and everything other things i need to do. Bellow are the details of my first degree:
*course of study- History and international studies
*class of degree- 2.2(second class lower division)
Thanks
Oya I don make ya cereal. Lol. Oya feed ya self by reading backwards. Then come back and ask questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.